Chinese firm clinches $1.6 bln rail way project

Jun 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Capital Ethiopia

Ethiopian Railways Corporation yet again signed another railway construction agreement, this time for the construction of the 268.2Km Mekele-Woldiya/Hara Gebeya Railway project with the China Communications Construction Company to be built at a cost of almost USD 1.6 billion.

Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Jan 27, 2013
Lisa

Amsterdam, Netherlands

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2012

Good news. I hope all the networks will function well as soon as possible. Till we get our sea port back we have to spread rail networks criss crossing all over Ethiopia. Recently many international companies have found many untouched raw materials from oil and diamonds to gold and potacium etc. Ethiopia needs a good rail road and good railway connections to export these products to foreign countries. No wonder there is a rush of international companies to Ethiopia. Our tourism is developing faster than was predicted. Folks, I am optimist of the future of Ethiopia.
Lisa

Amsterdam, Netherlands

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2012

PS. Hope the railnet encompasses Somalia and Somaliland too.
Berhe

Ethiopia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

It has no relevance to tigray because the rail is stopping at the southern tip of Tigray. It would help all Tigryans if the rail crosses mekele- adigrat-adowa-axum- endselsse- Humera and to Sudan.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Dire Dawa, Ethiopia Discussions

Search the Dire Dawa, Ethiopia Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Ethiopia: First Overseas 'China-Standard' Elect... May '14 Ketema nursi 1
MinistrMinistry to train 150 thousand in domest... (Oct '13) Oct '13 ceequinn 1
Djibouti: All Aboard the Addis-Djibouti Express (Sep '13) Sep '13 Chris 1
Construction of Meiso-Djibouti railway project ... (Jun '13) Jun '13 ABC 1
Iam (Apr '13) Apr '13 Sal 1
Youth, women urged to vote for EPRDF - Friday, ... (Apr '13) Apr '13 eprdf 1
Chinese rail in Ethiopia to replace historic Fr... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Abashi 1
•••
•••