Chinese firm clinches $1.6 bln rail w...

Chinese firm clinches $1.6 bln rail way project

There are 3 comments on the Capital Ethiopia story from Jun 25, 2012, titled Chinese firm clinches $1.6 bln rail way project. In it, Capital Ethiopia reports that:

Ethiopian Railways Corporation yet again signed another railway construction agreement, this time for the construction of the 268.2Km Mekele-Woldiya/Hara Gebeya Railway project with the China Communications Construction Company to be built at a cost of almost USD 1.6 billion.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Capital Ethiopia.

Lisa

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#1 Jun 26, 2012
Good news. I hope all the networks will function well as soon as possible. Till we get our sea port back we have to spread rail networks criss crossing all over Ethiopia. Recently many international companies have found many untouched raw materials from oil and diamonds to gold and potacium etc. Ethiopia needs a good rail road and good railway connections to export these products to foreign countries. No wonder there is a rush of international companies to Ethiopia. Our tourism is developing faster than was predicted. Folks, I am optimist of the future of Ethiopia.
Lisa

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#2 Jun 26, 2012
PS. Hope the railnet encompasses Somalia and Somaliland too.
Berhe

Asosa, Ethiopia

#3 Jan 27, 2013
It has no relevance to tigray because the rail is stopping at the southern tip of Tigray. It would help all Tigryans if the rail crosses mekele- adigrat-adowa-axum- endselsse- Humera and to Sudan.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dire Dawa, Ethiopia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
dire dawa real estate (Oct '10) Nov '15 abdalla 5
News Ethiopia: Coca Cola Ethiopia Launches Grant for... (Sep '14) Aug '15 Walelign 3
Ethiopia: Global Craving for Ancient Ethiopian ... (May '15) May '15 baashe baari 1
News Youth, women urged to vote for EPRDF - Friday, ... (Apr '13) May '15 merbel 2
News Qatari investors to launch 500 mln USD projects... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Walelign 3
News Norway Hosts Ogaden Music Festival (Aug '14) Aug '14 Asrat 5
News Ethiopia: First Overseas 'China-Standard' Elect... (May '14) May '14 Ketema nursi 1
More from around the web