Haromaya University expanding ICT fac...

Haromaya University expanding ICT facilities

There are 18 comments on the Walta Information Centre story from Apr 28, 2009, titled Haromaya University expanding ICT facilities. In it, Walta Information Centre reports that:

Dire Dawa, April 28 The Haromaya University said it is undertaking Information Communication Technology works with over eight million birr to bring its teaching learning and research activities to a better level.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Walta Information Centre.

kassahun wubishet

Addis Ababa, Ethiopia

#1 Oct 8, 2009
As it is you have the capabilitY, why not you give a masters program in distance study?

Since: Sep 09

Stockholm, Sweden

#2 Oct 8, 2009
Internet in Ethiopia is joke, the speed is horrible. The state monopoly isn't working.

Since: Sep 09

Stockholm, Sweden

#3 Oct 8, 2009
..but I support their ICT expansion plans, education is the key to get out of poverty.
KNW

Hastings, MN

#4 Oct 8, 2009
I lost respect for Haramaya University after they just sat there and watched lake haramaya dry up.
sgs

Ethiopia

#5 Oct 16, 2009
fantastic
evanov haramaya

Ethiopia

#7 Jan 14, 2010
it is true haramaya is expanding its ICT but the qwestion that is the ethiopian have a capasity to do that in haramay university we have servises but to acsses it very borring because the connection is very weak this is not aonly haramaya poroble this is cauntry wide becuse of corrapeted ETC the govenment sees this company as soure of capitals but ETC should be sold 100%to privetized becuse I belive that if this campany privetised the tellcom servise will be good or better than this. we are at the bottom the ICT becuse of monopoly by ETC

“EthiopiaN”

Since: Sep 09

Addis Abeba, Ethiopia

#8 Jan 14, 2010
The news is about Haromaya Uni expanding its ICT fields. some of u guys r funny stay focus ppl Focus!!!
Dafntam shabia

Berkeley, CA

#9 Jan 16, 2010
Yonny wrote:
The news is about Haromaya Uni expanding its ICT fields. some of u guys r funny stay focus ppl Focus!!!
where is that? is that alemmaya?

“EthiopiaN”

Since: Sep 09

Addis Abeba, Ethiopia

#10 Jan 16, 2010
Dafntam shabia wrote:
<quoted text>where is that? is that alemmaya?
yep thats it..u got it right...:)
ethiopia first

Ethiopia

#11 Feb 11, 2010
i have the chance to visit haramaya university (formerly called alamaya) and i have also visited other universities in the country. i found haramaya the best in its facilities and administration. i would like to appreciate the administration for their commitment to improve the university in many aspects.
Dafntam shabia

Berkeley, CA

#12 Feb 12, 2010
ethiopia first wrote:
i have the chance to visit haramaya university (formerly called alamaya) and i have also visited other universities in the country. i found haramaya the best in its facilities and administration. i would like to appreciate the administration for their commitment to improve the university in many aspects.
Alem maya
stalin

Ethiopia

#13 Feb 14, 2010
Dafntam shabia wrote:
<quoted text>where is that? is that alemmaya?
hey Hramaya university is the biggest university in ethiopia founded in 1947 it occupide large landmss that can be equal to asmara town honestly speaking ahramaya is just real univesriy currently around 26000 student registerd in Hu. I grduted in haramay in 2008 I cam back for my master programe i loved that sity.if you remember World food organizetion prised PROf. Gabissa Ejata hi was researcher and prof. in Hramaya university be fore ho went to prudi university for advanced lerning. you can do simle google search insert the name haramay univrsity you lern alot about it
oh if you tray to compare with the asmara hight shcool the socalled asmara university you made a mistke becuse currently there are no universitys in eritria they converted to military acadami.
http://www.university-directory.eu/Ethiopia/H...
www.university-directory.eu/.../Haramaya-Univ... .
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haramaya_University
addisethio.ning.com/group/wwwharamayaeduet
Dafntam shabia

Berkeley, CA

#14 Feb 14, 2010
stalin wrote:
<quoted text>
hey Hramaya university is the biggest university in ethiopia founded in 1947 it occupide large landmss that can be equal to asmara town honestly speaking ahramaya is just real univesriy currently around 26000 student registerd in Hu. I grduted in haramay in 2008 I cam back for my master programe i loved that sity.if you remember World food organizetion prised PROf. Gabissa Ejata hi was researcher and prof. in Hramaya university be fore ho went to prudi university for advanced lerning. you can do simle google search insert the name haramay univrsity you lern alot about it
oh if you tray to compare with the asmara hight shcool the socalled asmara university you made a mistke becuse currently there are no universitys in eritria they converted to military acadami.
http://www.university-directory.eu/Ethiopia/H...
www.university-directory.eu/.../Haramaya-Univ... .
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haramaya_University
addisethio.ning.com/group/wwwharamayaeduet
Thank you and I have been there and I know most of the older faculty staffs.But When I was there It was Alem Maya not hormoya or something else.
berhanu

Addis Ababa, Ethiopia

#15 Oct 10, 2010
funny it is poltical game !!!!
yalelet

Ethiopia

#16 Dec 6, 2010
hi haromaya university i would like to learn on you until we meet by.

your`s future student!
the frank

Ethiopia

#17 Jun 26, 2012
Hi Stalin hw stupid r u to compare Asmara town wiz Haramaya university. u r extermly out of Ur site or u never hear abt Asmara even from A single man by zway Asmera 's n't CONTEMPTED LIKE TO BE MENTIONED BY BULL man like ...........
abdurrahman

Ethiopia

#18 Nov 6, 2012
haramaya university is the biggest university in Ethiopia academically and area it holds. I was graduated from there one year ago. what I hate from them is student has no right on every thing. Even the cafe ticker can punch u and u cannot bring him in courts. if you do you will be fired for one year
that is the democracy there.
wow this expansion of ICT is so simple for them coz they are very rich with the internal income generation
Other is they are exploiting BATE people force with small money 6birr per day
chacha

Ethiopia

#20 Nov 27, 2012
this is dream...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dire Dawa, Ethiopia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ethiopia: Global Craving for Ancient Ethiopian ... May 22 baashe baari 1
News Youth, women urged to vote for EPRDF - Friday, ... (Apr '13) May 12 merbel 2
News Qatari investors to launch 500 mln USD projects... Jan '15 Walelign 3
News Ethiopia: Coca Cola Ethiopia Launches Grant for... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Frehiwot 2
News Norway Hosts Ogaden Music Festival (Aug '14) Aug '14 Asrat 5
News Ethiopia: First Overseas 'China-Standard' Elect... (May '14) May '14 Ketema nursi 1
News MinistrMinistry to train 150 thousand in domest... (Oct '13) Oct '13 ceequinn 1
More from around the web