Donation - Debre Markos, Ethiopia

Donation - Debre Markos, Ethiopia

There are 57 comments on the TravelPod.com Recent Updates story from Jun 23, 2008, titled Donation - Debre Markos, Ethiopia. In it, TravelPod.com Recent Updates reports that:

We visited a school today that had recently benefited from five new classrooms gifted by a German donor couple.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TravelPod.com Recent Updates.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Demelash the Chinbord

Baltimore, MD

#2 Jan 12, 2009
One of the forgotten old cities in Ethiopia is Debera Marqos. It is unfair to make discrimination in development of localities or communities by the so called leaders of Ethiopia. This had been followed and practised by the country's leaders of the last two centuries.This measure gives some hope to all areas of which history has become biased towards them.
yigermal alemu

Addis Ababa, Ethiopia

#3 Jan 23, 2009
hi,all debre markos boys&girls.
iam from jimma university.
yigermal alemu

Addis Ababa, Ethiopia

#4 Jan 23, 2009
yes,one of the discriminating city is debre markos
But the time we see our city development will not
be so far.
yigermal alemu

Addis Ababa, Ethiopia

#5 Feb 2, 2009
i like my debre markos for ever.
yebelay zer

London, UK

#6 Feb 6, 2009
Our ancistors fought for our and their freedom but to day we are slaves in our country we need to unite work together then and only then we will get our freedom. God bless all Ethiopians except those that sell their country
muluken atsedu

Douglasville, GA

#7 Feb 9, 2009
HEY THERE? any1 who knows me let us talk about childhood it was so lovely....

“My Shining Star”

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#8 Feb 9, 2009
I am here to learn :)
finote selam gojam

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#10 Mar 17, 2009
Debere markos a city of king tekelhaimanot ,a sign of resistance against fascit italy .Gojam is a bench mark of ethiopia.gojam plays a crucial (decisive ) role in keeping the Ethiopia and Ethiopian values at large.
to mention some of Them,
1-the arch of covenant have been in gojam for two hundered years .the arc was kept and defended in gojam in the icelands of lake tanna till the Ethiopian emperor became an orthodox christian and moved to axum
2- the gragn ahmed invasion had been stopped in gojam by the brave fighters of gojames in mertolemaryam motta .
3-during susyneuos when the emperor accepted a catholic religion as a state religion ,the gojames with their brothers had fought a bitter war for their orthodox religion ,to secure its place as a state religion
4.do u know that atse tewodros has been grown up in gojam in ras goshus' house ,when he was in trouble in his own home place in quara ,gonder
5.when the german protestants were wanting to dissiminate their religion ,the gojames had refused them ,at that time the germans were complaining to the emperor minilik
6.during the italian invasion unlike the others it was gojam where the italians could not even stand and could not manage to settle for a while ,
that is why due to the grant and the safe corridor that has been created by gojame patriots emperor haile silasse returned safely to his country ethiopia
7 -when the knowldge interms of the ethiopian orthodox clergy ,the gojames are the main one.do u know the two theological schools(yekene bet) are in gojam in washera and gonji gojam
8-the most prominent patriots in ethiopian history are from gojam like ,belay zeleke, abere yimam,terefe assege and so on
6-do u know that damot - a region in gojam was paying a tribute to the emperors in terms of life ,which means when there is a war ,the damots had been called to fight against the enemy
At the end debere markos should revive , the capital city of gojam ,a symbol of resistance

“My Shining Star”

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#11 Mar 17, 2009
Interesting...
Kassahun Zewdie

San Jose, CA

#12 Mar 17, 2009
Check the pictures of Debre Markos on the orevious page. Please post and comment if you have any.

“Send terrorist to hell. & expo”

Since: Nov 08

Atherton

#13 Mar 17, 2009
Kassahun Zewdie wrote:
Check the pictures of Debre Markos on the orevious page. Please post and comment if you have any.
Aya kassie, I have the picture of Weseta area.
Kassahun Zewdie

San Jose, CA

#15 Mar 17, 2009
I would love to see it. Please post it.
Kassahun Zewdie

San Jose, CA

#16 Mar 17, 2009
kill_terrorist wrote:
<quoted text>Aya kassie, I have the picture of Weseta area.
How about Feres Bet??:-)

“Send terrorist to hell. & expo”

Since: Nov 08

Atherton

#17 Mar 18, 2009
Kassahun Zewdie wrote:
<quoted text>
How about Feres Bet??:-)
Don't make me cry, I missed it kassie.
Kassahun Zewdie

San Jose, CA

#18 Mar 18, 2009
kill_terrorist wrote:
<quoted text>Don't make me cry, I missed it kassie.
I didn't mean to:-) The pictures will comfort us both. Please post atleast one and make my day.
SIFELIG GETAHUN

Ethiopia

#19 Mar 26, 2009
Dear Debre markos
hello every body live in debre markos and born in debre markos persons . One of the well known city in ethiopia among airport owners was DEBRE MARKOS .But where did the former development of this country has gone????
SIFELIG GETAHUN

Ethiopia

#20 Mar 26, 2009
Thank you joining me with my email address
[email protected]
adama university
Begizew Channie

Vigevano, Italy

#21 Apr 3, 2009
Now a time Debre Markos has a littel bit change,
SFIFERAW MOLLA

Ethiopia

#22 Apr 7, 2009
Thanks to DEBRE MARKOS PEOPLE!!!!.
dawit alula

Toronto, Canada

#23 Apr 18, 2009
L love Debere Markos

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Debre Markos, Ethiopia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Medical waste behind the health center Tena tabia (Apr '09) Aug '14 StephDad 4
debremarkos (Mar '14) Mar '14 surafel shambel 1
The New Abima Mariam Church. (Oct '09) Feb '14 abebe 4
Kidus Markos Church in Debre Markos (Aug '10) Jan '14 getachew alene 6
Gojamm people love TPLF (Aug '13) Dec '13 Ashu 2
Menkorer (May '10) Dec '13 Ashu 14
church (Apr '10) Oct '13 EYOB MUSSIE 10
More from around the web