Traveler falls in love with northern ...

Traveler falls in love with northern Spain - Fort Morgan Times

There are 1 comment on the Fort Morgan Times story from Aug 6, 2010, titled Traveler falls in love with northern Spain - Fort Morgan Times. In it, Fort Morgan Times reports that:

Tourists and locals? alike enjoy the beaches of San Sebastian. ? I knew I was going to love Barcelona, and revisiting London, Edinburgh and Dublin is always a pleasure, but I didn`t know how much I would fall in love with northern, Celtic Spain, and how much there was to still explore in cities I had visited often.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fort Morgan Times.

Philip

Seattle, WA

#1 Aug 6, 2010
An interesting article, much better than most, but there are a few minor errors that need to be corrected.

The encierro, the running of the bulls, takes places at 8:00 am. The running used to happen at 7:00 am, but that was many years ago, before live TV coverage and the city forcing the bars along Estafeta to close at 6:00 am to allow them time to clean the streets before the run.

The six bulls that run in the encierro are not "wild", but specially bred Toros Bravos, fighting bulls. The six steers are of a different breed and have a job to do each morning for 8 mornings, to try and lead the bulls into the bullring. This doesn't always happen.

A pincho is typically a skewer or kabob and a tapa is from the south of Spain. The typical pintxo in Navarra and the PaĆ­s Vasco, the Basque country on the Spanish side of the Pyrenees, has evolved into "small cuisine". Some traditional bars and taverns still offer a selection of ready made pintxos that you choose from the bar, but more now offer made to order pintxos from the kitchen, much of which makes up some of the best cuisine in the region and the country, if not the world.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Aragon, Spain Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
comprar DNI, carnet de conducir, pasaporte (Oct '14) Oct '14 don1 1
News Nuns report theft of $2 million stuffed in plas... (Mar '11) Mar '11 seriously 19
Moorish Invasion! (Feb '11) Feb '11 El Tosudo 1
News Happy Birthday, Jose Marti, Cuban Poet and Revo... (Jan '09) Feb '11 Zaragozano 11
News Spain Weekend Football Results - Monday October... (Oct '10) Oct '10 ham 2
News Spain and Its Attractions (Dec '09) Jul '10 AMERICAN EXPAT 11
News Leominster native fulfills dream in Spain inter... (Jun '10) Jun '10 Daisy 2
More from around the web