Culture Clash at the Marigold Hotel

Culture Clash at the Marigold Hotel

There are 62 comments on the Examiner.com story from Oct 2, 2012, titled Culture Clash at the Marigold Hotel. In it, Examiner.com reports that:

Travelling to another country can offer many interesting insights into other cultures, as well as rewarding life experiences, but it can also create culture shock and reveal uncomfortable truths about who a person really is.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.

human being

Kolkata, India

#22 Oct 4, 2012
college time mein bulding k peche .. kya collge so raha tha..
dear parents 5 bar aasa ho chuka hai college mein
kya aap wait kar rahe kisi apne k hone ka.. tab awaz niklagi kya???
Student_Jaipur

Agolai, India

#24 Oct 4, 2012
Readers its nt t rite time to blame or fight whether u believe in banasthali or not...dis is high time v take steps to find t culprit..its abt 3 days nd no news is heard abt findin t rapist...
Nd pllss STOP blaming t girls who became t victim of such a shameful incident,no one is soo desperate there to call anyone nd say plss rape me..huh
insane statement from the ppl who want to hide the truth behind t case nd secure the institutions name...
Let v all b united nd justice b done...
:((((
banasthalite

India

#25 Oct 4, 2012
With all due respect miss ex banasthalite, i've been here in banasthali for 3 year ,i hvnt heard about such cases before.. but now conditions are really worst.. one of d victim has been harrased and mentally tortured by wardens to change her statement..and dere is no info about anothr gal that where is she.. is she alive or dead???Upper managment is nt doing any thing but bribing police and media and saving dere false image...protest is going on in our university.. if u people cannot help us then plz for god sake and for the sake of those gals dont comment on anything if u dnt knw about d present scenario..

if anyone dere who can really help us and hv sm respect fr women den plz help us and publish this news..

many thanks
human being

Kolkata, India

#26 Oct 4, 2012
its true story.. no one is doing any thing. college is trying 2 cover up.. news from inside college.
human being

Kolkata, India

#27 Oct 4, 2012
help girls.. spread this news as you can. just for humanity.
a common man

Bilaspur, India

#28 Oct 4, 2012
this is a very sorry condition that to save the prestige of the college the administration is not understanding the pain beared by the girls(victims). something must be done. the initiation must be from within the institute, by the students who really care for those girls and themselves. all the best.
Farhan khan

Noida, India

#29 Oct 4, 2012
wat d hell iz wrong wid mangmnt ov d institution..hw cn dey blame d gals ?this z so cheap,disgusting n a same on humanity..d management shud b immediately fired frm d instituion..instead ov supporting d ggals n helping dem in gaining justice they r doing suuh a shameful activity..cn't blv diz..d gals r olready in state ov depression and instead ov providing mental n moral support to them,dey r creating such a scenario fr dem which vl drive dem 2 more wrse situation...shame on you yar
A TEACHER

Faridabad, India

#30 Oct 4, 2012
Movies must not be shown in a field which is quite far almost at the end of the main road and attached to villages.They must have some some big audi to show movies in slots hostel wise. Security at the main gate must be upgraded by computerisation of the database of the girls , their parents and those who are associated with the university to strictly verify the identity of the intruders.There must be special color coded buses only for the students and staff movement.Eating zones must be curbed so that the number of employees working there may be controlled when the mess facility is provided to the students then why eating zones are flourishing there.There must be patrolling of security guards to keep an eye on the persons like boy friends etc.This all has happened due to lack of security measures.
jpr campus

Delhi, India

#31 Oct 4, 2012
dear teacher ur suggestion were gud..... but wats the need of giving ths sugfestion nw.. n u knw bansthali vry well ........ thy will follow thr traditon.... ar itne sare ideas to implent hone se rahe... n who vl gv the assursnce tht these many developmnt vl tk place....
human being

Kolkata, India

#32 Oct 4, 2012
is college mein rape choti baat hai .. according to college faculty. jo bhi complain karti hai ya awaz uthati hai unko college nikal deta hai. support guys.. ladkiyo ko college ne kaha hai we r goin to terminate you.
supporter

United States

#33 Oct 4, 2012
banasthali ab secure ni h gals k liye.....ye baate media tak batao koi b gals.....rape case k liye batao hum tumhare sath h.....media wale pant utar denge.......rajasthan university.....
supporter

United States

#34 Oct 4, 2012
us ladki ko justice milna chahiye.....plz media help karo.....
supporter

Noida, India

#35 Oct 4, 2012
please kuch karo aise baithne se nahi chalega kal kissi aur ke sath mat hone du do same think
human being

Kolkata, India

#36 Oct 4, 2012
IS college is more important than girl's life???
imt student

Noida, India

#37 Oct 4, 2012
its a very sad day why this happen again i think girls do same think
student

United States

#38 Oct 4, 2012
RAPE GAL KO HOSPITAL ME MAAR DIYA DEATH HO GAI ABI US LADKI KI PLZ GUYZ SUPPORT.....YAR ITS TRUE GALS KI DEATH HO GAI NOW..........
human being

Kolkata, India

#39 Oct 4, 2012
i already mail'd news person.. no response frm any 1.
media person and police r not allowed in d compous. but rapist r allowed..???
Observer

India

#41 Oct 4, 2012
Yha bahut fuss ho rha h...Gals r protesting here..but i think they huv taken a bit too far... nobody actually knows the absolute truth but yeah i think n its confirmed that 2 Gals were raped. One of them has admitted while tht other is known to be dead... its really shockin yaar so i m not surprised by the fuss caught here...but i really dont know exactly when n which gal she was...probably she is pressureized, damn! Indian backward society... we need to do somethin PLEASE GUYS GIVE US OUR SUPPORT!!!
Banasthali student

India

#42 Oct 4, 2012
Hey u hear....the gal in B tech first yr is DEAD...SHE WAS OVERDOZED..THATS TERRIBLE GUYS PLEASE SUPPORT US!! Something should be done
Ex-banasthalite

United States

#44 Oct 4, 2012
ex-banasthalite wrote:
maam sry 2 say...bt i 2 am a banasthalite...past 7 yrs i studied der nd no such thng evr happend ... i returnd late at nght alon 4m danc practices den 2 there was nt a prob.. most of the girls in banasthali ha bf.. nd many of dem r immature... dey dont knw wat is rght nd wat is wrong... u evn knw hw tough it is to handle teenage... all d girls those who r makn fuss out of d stuff r 1st yr students...nd ppl senoir r well aware of d place... so think using brains...hw can dis be pssibl widout a gals initiative...nd tak of the grad. girl why did she go 2 gyan mandir during d mvie tym.. which is aftr 9 pm.. no faculty is der.. she must hav calld sum 1...
r u out of ur mind miss watever?u r a girl nd u blaming dat innocent girl..mai bhi waha padh chuki hun..aur bekar log toh kahin bhi h6 sakte hai..tum kih rahi ho ki ladki ne initiative liya hoga..kyu?ladki aage aakar khud kahegi kya ki aao aur mera gang rape karo...shame on u..u cant even think by puting urself in victim's position..dat is horrible ofcourse..tum kisi ko kahogi ya aise seduce karogi?u shld support dat girl..management is very wrong..dey always take wrong decisn..bt truth shld come out dis time..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Celebrities Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Report: Higher premiums if Trump halts 'Obamaca... 7 min Dee Dee Dee 57
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 11 min positronium 26,373
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... (Nov '16) 35 min positronium 8,651
News Dear Trump Voters: The 1950's Aren't Coming Back 44 min Covfefe 1,437
News Evangelical advisers stay with Trump as others ... 1 hr Covfefe 13
News Trump's lack of moral compass leaves America on... 2 hr Sadbuttrue 213
News One dead after car plows into group of proteste... 2 hr Just Think 239
More from around the web