David Bowie's The Next Day - review

David Bowie's The Next Day - review

There are 2 comments on the The Guardian story from Feb 25, 2013, titled David Bowie's The Next Day - review. In it, The Guardian reports that:

David Bowie's The Next Day 'offers what you might call an index of Bowiean obsessions'. Photograph: Brian Rasic/Rex Features When David Bowie chose to break a decade's silence by releasing a single, Where Are We Now? , on his 66th birthday, dissenting voices were hard to find amid the clamour made by people eager to welcome him back.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Guardian.

Since: Nov 11

Conroe, TX

#1 Feb 25, 2013
For some reason I'm just not a big fan of this article at all. David Bowie is a re-inventor! He's not going to continuously repeat the same things over and over. That would be boring and, if I may quote something, Bowie did once say something along the lines of, "I don't know where I'm going, but I promise IT WON'T BE BORING!" He loves to experiment with new things and test the waters. He doesn't do this solely for his audience, but for him as well, and most off all! I love that. I hope he keeps doing what makes him happy and who cares if it's not like something from the past!
Fan

Ballwin, MO

#2 Feb 28, 2013
Bowie is historically a re-inventor of himself, but his Heathen and Reality albums are similar in style, as is the unreleased "toy" album. The two songs from The Next Day sound like they could be tracks from any of these three previous albums.
I think he has found a sound that is uniquely his, and he's sticking closely to it. I love it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Celebrities Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hillary Clinton wavers on Second Amendment righ... 4 min payme 1,229
News In ME, Trump strikes back at US Chamber on trade 5 min spud 3
News Trump takes on trade deals in Pennsylvania speech 20 min spud 29
News Donald Trump just gave a bizarre response to ho... 22 min Go Blue Forever 3
News Donald Trump: Brexit is sign of independence de... 28 min abc 230
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 28 min spud 3,539
News Keanu Reeves is in parliament to tell Britain w... 1 hr Anna Romanovskaja 1
More from around the web