Don Imus defends comments on morning ...

Don Imus defends comments on morning broadcast

There are 27 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 24, 2008, titled Don Imus defends comments on morning broadcast. In it, Newsday reports that:

Don Imus, who was criticized for a racial remark about NFL player Pacman Jones, appears at New York's Town Hall at the beginning of his return to radio Monday morning Dec.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Common Sense

Conway, SC

#1 Jun 24, 2008
Imus said (and he really should remove his tail from between his legs):
1/ "Obviously I thought the police were picking on him".
and ...
2/ "If he gets arrested six times we know why he gets arrested six times"

Let's not lose sight of the person of whom Imus speaks. The police were not picking on him. Just look at his record. He was arrested SIX TIMES because he DID SOMETHING TO BE ARRESTED FOR - SIX TIMES!!! This guy is a thug who, like other sports world thugs,(black or white) is cut way too much slack. Let's call a thug a thug ... and deal with him as one!!!
Ombudsman

Edison, NJ

#2 Jun 24, 2008
Liar!. The man is a bigot. He is forced to have black co-hosts or else he has no show. ABC radio has invested too much money in this loudmouth to admit that his statement has bigotry written all over it. Imus and his new radio station officials are slaves to the Almighty Dollar.
voice of truth

Miami, FL

#3 Jun 24, 2008
Common Sense wrote:
Imus said (and he really should remove his tail from between his legs):
1/ "Obviously I thought the police were picking on him".
and ...
2/ "If he gets arrested six times we know why he gets arrested six times"
Let's not lose sight of the person of whom Imus speaks. The police were not picking on him. Just look at his record. He was arrested SIX TIMES because he DID SOMETHING TO BE ARRESTED FOR - SIX TIMES!!! This guy is a thug who, like other sports world thugs,(black or white) is cut way too much slack. Let's call a thug a thug ... and deal with him as one!!!
its a funny thing, Imus will get blasted more than Pacman the thug.
Len

New York, NY

#4 Jun 24, 2008
voice of truth wrote:
<quoted text> its a funny thing, Imus will get blasted more than Pacman the thug.
...unfortunately, none of these morons have any "Common Sense" and do not see what this guy is. It all comes down to race with them because that's the only way they can defend a piece of garbage like Pacman.
Next, they'll be defending Marcus Vick the same way. How long before he is on the Cowboy roster ???
Lighten up America before it's too late !!!
wayne

Anchorage, AK

#5 Jun 24, 2008
just another arrogant black,that thinks we owe them something( because),their black.
christopher

Lakeland, FL

#6 Jun 24, 2008
Imus is a racist idiot who has again acted irresponsibly with America's airwaves,and should be fired. Now he wants to insult our intelligence and tell us he is concerned about the police picking on a guy who was arrested because he broke the law, not because the police pick on all Black men. We are smarter than that Imus, the bigot here is not the police, it is you and those who laugh at your tasteless attempts at humor.
Get Real

Rahway, NJ

#7 Jun 24, 2008
Imus was once a recovering alchoholic. Looks like he's taken to the bottle again.
Who Cares

West Babylon, NY

#8 Jun 24, 2008
I am outraged at the horrible things Imus said...about the Police.

“I calls 'em as I see's 'em”

Since: Jan 08

Galena Il.

#9 Jun 24, 2008
Imus-The voice of "redneck reasoning"- yes friends bigotry lives on. There's an old universal rule-"Never give a mad-man a shotgun and never give an idiot a microphone" How does this guy get by?

Since: Jun 07

Copiague, NY

#11 Jun 24, 2008
Ombudsman wrote:
Liar!. The man is a bigot. He is forced to have black co-hosts or else he has no show. ABC radio has invested too much money in this loudmouth to admit that his statement has bigotry written all over it. Imus and his new radio station officials are slaves to the Almighty Dollar.
Gives Jesse Jackson and Sharpton an excuse to shake down yet another American Corporation with racial blackmail. Slaves to the almighty dollar.
beretta 92

United States

#12 Jun 24, 2008
I read a comment some time ago by some \one I admire. He says to quit talking about racism and it will go away. Not a quote,but it was Morgan Freeman. good idea don't you think? By the way,I'm white.
Please

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#13 Jun 24, 2008
Who cares!
That reason is good enough for me. I seriously doubt the guy would purposefully say a racist remark on the air, knowing full well that there is legion of LOSERS out there who hang on every word he says. I mean cmon, seriously. I know the guy is a dope, but he's not retarted.

Get a life people, and do something meaningful with it.
v racer

Lawrenceville, GA

#14 Jun 24, 2008
Thought police at work. Blacks can't seem do anything about the hoardes of crooks, pimps, drugies, welfare queens, con artists,dropouts, prison inmates,thugs and democrats in their midst. So, pick on whitey. The over reaction is another nail in Obama's political aspiration coffin.
v racer

Lawrenceville, GA

#15 Jun 24, 2008
So w h i t e y is now a prohibited word?
Tom

New York, NY

#16 Jun 24, 2008
Anyone who listens to Imus knew he was making a sarcastic point. If Dave Chappelle said the same EXACT thing everyone would assume he's being sarcastic. What is the point the media is trying to make though by bringing this up? They are basically training white guys now what it is appropriate to speak and think. These are multi-cultural training wheels. In another decade or so what Johnny Miller said about Rocco will get him a Pulitzer and what Imus said about PacMan will get him thrown in jail. That's the direction were heading. This is political correcness gone way too far.

Since: Jun 07

Copiague, NY

#17 Jun 24, 2008
Tom wrote:
Anyone who listens to Imus knew he was making a sarcastic point. If Dave Chappelle said the same EXACT thing everyone would assume he's being sarcastic. What is the point the media is trying to make though by bringing this up? They are basically training white guys now what it is appropriate to speak and think. These are multi-cultural training wheels. In another decade or so what Johnny Miller said about Rocco will get him a Pulitzer and what Imus said about PacMan will get him thrown in jail. That's the direction were heading. This is political correcness gone way too far.
You're right. Comments like this are common on your major cable news networks. Because of the venue it's overlooked as opinion. Imus is under the microscope and Rev. Al and Jesse need the money, thugs. PC is out of hand.
dumas

Springfield Gardens, NY

#18 Jun 24, 2008
imus is a racist
Just Saying

Laurel, MD

#19 Jun 24, 2008
Pacman Jones is a thug, regardless of his race. Imus was wrong in trying to backtrack and blame the police for this thug's multiple arrests, instead of Jones' criminal behavior. He was arrested because he committed crimes, not because he is black! Instead, Imus insulted cops while trying to defend his remarks. I wonder what his friend Bo thinks of that!

By the way, what happened to the First Amendment? You know, that part of the Constitution that gives ALL Americans the right to free speech, whether or not you agree with what they say?
Just Saying

Laurel, MD

#20 Jun 24, 2008
dumas wrote:
imus is a racist
And your name is appropriate (you just forgot the last "s"!).
reality check

United States

#21 Jun 24, 2008
who cares , get over it . there are more important things going on in the world that you morons are ignoring

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Entertainment Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Michael Jackson's doctor: 'I told the truth' (Aug '09) 2 hr Pres Mr Donald J ... 392
News Grab a Pussy!': PETA Billboards Urging Pet Adop... 4 hr Squach 1,037
News Harrison Ford says he was distracted when he fl... 4 hr visitor 1
News Carrie Underwood's Home Hit by Tornado Storm in... 8 hr April Dawn 7
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 8 hr silly rabbit 313,639
an american in paris 9 hr Mona Day 1
News Top StorySpike Lee calls lack of suitors for Co... 10 hr MadePhaarts 6
More from around the web