Lance Armstrong -- I'M Back on My Bike

Oct 30, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Bradford Today

For the first time since he was banned from pro cycling for LIFE, a sponsorless, titleless, cancerless Lance Armstrong was seen on his bike this week ... training ... just for the hell of it.

Comments
1 - 20 of 67 Comments Last updated Apr 15, 2013
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Stephen Street

Vermont, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

Lance Armstrong suspension by USADA has been ratified by UCI, but UCI press release calls into question the USADA methods as contravening the World Anti-Doping Code requirements.
Key breaches identified are:
- ignoring definitive 8 year Statute of Limitations
- gaining witness statements under duress;
- reducing penalties to other dopers on the basis of witness statements in excess of Code requirements
There are others. Refer to UCI Press Release.
UCI have suggested that WADA appeal to the World Arbitration of Sport.
There is a groundswell of opinion that it is not fair to cheat to catch a cheat.
WADA President John Fahey has consistently said that WADA supports USADA methods and would not appeal to WAS.
However UCI criticism of USADA methods and challenge to WADA to appeal to WAS is a critical development.
In the focus now is the fact that the USADA case is built on threats, testimonies and not the application of the World Anti-Doping Code.
Travis Tygart (USADA) and John Fahey (WADA) are out on a limb and have both used legal backgrounds to distort this case.
New evidence is to hand that the EPO test used is not supported by industry best practice.
Will WADA do the right thing and follow due processes-
appeal the case to WAS.
The SOL cannot be avoided.
It is important to just apply the Code and not cheat the system. USADA and WADA have forgotten this. Travis Tygart and John Fahey have forgotten this. They are acting like lawmaker, prosecutor, judge, jury and executioner.
As the gatekeepers to drug doping and integrity in sport, that's a distortion to due processes and fairness, and shouldn't be accepted.
It will be interesting to see what develops in the coming few days.
Regards,
Stephen Street
r gordon thach

Middle Village, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

Stephen Street, the USADA tactics exemplifies the methods used in building conspiracy cases in the united states. Charge the individual and then build a case on the testimony of individuals held down with a knife at their necks. The softball penlites meted out are typical of co-operators, and the veracity of the testimony should be view as suspect. That is their stories have been woven together, with what they know and what they think and information supplied by USDA. The elements are allowed to coalesce into a seamless story. In federal criminal cases it is referred to as a "rat factory" It is my understanding there doesn't exist any hard evidence that Lance Armstrong doped.
Gus

Vancouver, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

The co operators certainly are Stinkin' Rats.
Gus

Vancouver, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

Good for you Lance,stay on your Bike ''LIVESTRONG'':)
Craig

Reservoir, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

r gordon thach wrote:
Stephen Street, the USADA tactics exemplifies the methods used in building conspiracy cases in the united states. Charge the individual and then build a case on the testimony of individuals held down with a knife at their necks. The softball penlites meted out are typical of co-operators, and the veracity of the testimony should be view as suspect. That is their stories have been woven together, with what they know and what they think and information supplied by USDA. The elements are allowed to coalesce into a seamless story. In federal criminal cases it is referred to as a "rat factory" It is my understanding there doesn't exist any hard evidence that Lance Armstrong doped.
I don't think that there is any doubt that lance Armstrong doped for the majority of his career, however he was no lone ranger. All of the top cyclists doped and it was common practice throughout the 90's and naughties. I don't think these facts are up for debate and I am surprised that seemingly intelligent people still think that everyone else doped except for LA...
r gordon thach

Middle Village, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

Craig wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think that there is any doubt that lance Armstrong doped for the majority of his career, however he was no lone ranger. All of the top cyclists doped and it was common practice throughout the 90's and naughties. I don't think these facts are up for debate and I am surprised that seemingly intelligent people still think that everyone else doped except for LA...

My position on the Lance Armstrong doping case; if the governing bodies elect not to award the first place trophies to another rider, then i don't care if Lance Armstrong rode with an i.v. in his arm. As far as intelligence goes you would think we are past the "Salem witch trials" btw what transpired in the USDA hearing rings a similar bell as the Soviet show trials of the 50's

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Craig wrote:
<quoted text>
What's your definition of a "top cyclist?"

IMO, all cyclists who participate in an event like the TDF, ARE top cyclists. With that in mind; what's your basis for stating that all top cyclists doped? Do you have some empirical proof that each and every one of them dope, or doped?

Can you state with a reasonable degree of certainty that it was common practice, or do you believe it still is common practice?
GeeMan

Kirkcaldy, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

@CD why dont you make a case for any of the TOP riders in say 1996 not doping. That keeps LA out of it and we shall see how you get on. Lets use any of the GT's.

You like to take other peoples comments and try and be clever when people are using built up knowledge for debate and discussion but so far I have not seen you contribute anything new and/or useful that is not taken from someone else.

I believe you should be able to do it with ease. So let us bring you into the fold with something fresh and dynamic.
Stephen Street

Vermont, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Judged:

Craig wrote:
<quoted text>
Craig,
I am not convinced Lance Armstrong is a doper. He has been an elite endurance athlete since the age of 12, state swimming champion in 1500m at 12; national triathlon champion at 15; USA national road champion at 21.
His training regime was 6 hrs per day on the bike; even now he is doing trail runs 3 hrs to 5 hours long. In October this year at the age of 41, he beat a triathalon world champion triathlete to win an event in just under 4 hours. His resting pulse rate is 32, incredibly low. His lactic acid production is about half the normal rate.

The comment on the blood test is the results would have to be 'one in a million' to be normal. Well with his background in athletic, swimming, triathlons and cycling, there would not be 10 people in USA that could match him. That would be one in 30 million.

So the '1 in a million' comment by the testing lab is poor proof that his blood levels show he doped.

He is entitled to justice. All I see is a witchhunt.

Witness statements are the most unreliable of evidence, especially as they are dated after his bans were announced, and were accompanied by reduced sweetheart deal penalties from 4 years to 6 months. This in itself contravenes the World Anti-doping Code rules which allow for a maximum reduction to 50% of the initial penalty
on the receipt of witness evidence.

Why are there two sets of rules being applied, Armstrong rules and for the others. This is not fair, would not be supported on a legal basis, so should be challenged.

WADA should appeal the case to CAS, to ensure Lance Armstrong receives a fair hearing, as he is due under the World Anti-Doping Code rules.

If not, sponsors or TV can lodge an appeal to CAS.

Lance Armstrong deserves justice, not just being done, but being seen to be done.

Stephen Street
Melbourne, Australia

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Judged:

GeeMan wrote:
@CD why dont you make a case for any of the TOP riders in say 1996 not doping. That keeps LA out of it and we shall see how you get on. Lets use any of the GT's.
You like to take other peoples comments and try and be clever when people are using built up knowledge for debate and discussion but so far I have not seen you contribute anything new and/or useful that is not taken from someone else.
I believe you should be able to do it with ease. So let us bring you into the fold with something fresh and dynamic.
I was not a cycling fan, or a cyclist in 1996. I was graduating law school and taking time to study for the Bar Exam. Given the aforementioned fact, I don't speculate on what you choose to refer to as "built up knowledge" when I can't speak from an informative stance about it. However, I maintain my position that a "top cyclist" is anyone who participates in "top cycling" events, such as the Giro D'Italia, the TDF, the Vuelta a España, and others of the like, and not necessarily the best known cyclists who participate in them. And the fact is, not you, nor anyone else can state, to a reasonable degree of accuracy, that "every top cyclist dopes, or cheats." I also believe that each person has his/her own definition of what they consider a "top cyclist." Mine is what I've stated herein.

So, if you're so shallow and narrow minded as to think you can discern, intelligently, what other people consider what, then here's "your chance to shine" Geenie:

Why don't you "educate me?" Make your case about the period about which you're asking me to discuss; state specifics and give me the time to research it on my own. Then, we can have an argument. Or is it that you believe in arguing a point when your opponent is not prepared to do so, or for lack of a better form of expression; do you believe it's fair to ask your opponent to bring a sling shot to a gun fight?

Perhaps it's the only way you know you can win an argument.

Let's see if you've found Lance's missing "ball" and actually have more balls than you lead us to believe. I've laid down a challenge to you; be a man and accept it.

Your choice ya zevel.
GeeMan

Kirkcaldy, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Judged:

@CD I hope you never have a chance to defend anyone based on the sh@t you post on here.

The poor b@stard would be left with I know what I am talking about but not willing to say what it is and my client’s innocence is something of personal choice for everyone to determine no matter what the law says.

Why don’t you make a case for my client being guilty and I will try and defend it.

Forget Cycling CD LIFE is too much of a challenge for you.

Also stay away from crowded places as interaction with people shall result in having your face smashed in.

I say all of this with only your personal safety in mind and to deter the pleasure of other people having their day/night ruined meeting you.

NEVER contemplate coming to Scotland as it shall be officially closed that day/week/month just to you.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

GeeMan wrote:
@CD I hope you never have a chance to defend anyone based on the sh@t you post on here.
You can hope for elephants with pink bows as well for all I care.
GeeMan wrote:
The poor b@stard would be left with I know what I am talking about but not willing to say what it is and my client’s innocence is something of personal choice for everyone to determine no matter what the law says.
Really? Then why bother with a judicial system?
GeeMan wrote:
Why don’t you make a case for my client being guilty and I will try and defend it.
Because he ain't your "client."
GeeMan wrote:
Forget Cycling CD LIFE is too much of a challenge for you.
Geenie, only in the movie Cinderella do wishes come true.
GeeMan wrote:
Also stay away from crowded places as interaction with people shall result in having your face smashed in.
I have a concealed weapons permit and I carry a Glock 19. I'm not worried.
GeeMan wrote:
I say all of this with only your personal safety in mind and to deter the pleasure of other people having their day/night ruined meeting you.
And you think I care about what you have in mind?
GeeMan wrote:
NEVER contemplate coming to Scotland as it shall be officially closed that day/week/month just to you.
Is that a challenge?
GeeMan

Kirkcaldy, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

@CD wat is 50% f 99?

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

GeeMan wrote:
@CD wat is 50% f 99?
Are you looking to write a new song and need a title?
GeeMan

Kirkcaldy, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

@Cd nope.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

GeeMan wrote:
@Cd nope.
Pity.
GeeMan

Kirkcaldy, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

@CD it was an intelligence test!

What is half of 99?

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

GeeMan wrote:
What is half of 99?
Oh, you mean like this one; how many animals of each sex did Moses take on the ark?

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

GeeMan wrote:
What is half of 99?
Here's one right up your "skirt" Geenie;

Is it legal for a man in Scotland to marry his widow's sister?
Gus

Vancouver, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

...as I recall at one time I think it was Illegal,but maybe times have changed!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

15 Users are viewing the Entertainment Forum right now

Search the Entertainment Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Blasphemy against Christ is allowed since it is... 4 hr Warner 49
topix chat room about anything (Jan '08) 4 hr Big mike 454
'Sharknado 2' set to take TV by storm 4 hr Puerile 1
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 6 hr STO 305,181
Breaking Amish Return to Amish Mary's crochet a... 7 hr Eloise Doss Keeter 3
Hardcore Pawn Stars Spotted at The Pawn Company 8 hr rebel yell 23
Stephen Colbert hopes to grab Sarah Palin fans ... 8 hr SF Lurker 1
•••
•••