Challengers vs. Armed Services pols

Oct 10, 2012 Full story: Politico 30

With Election Day less than a month away, some members of the House and Senate Armed Services committees are fighting for their political lives in races that could well go down to the wire.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Don Joe

Minneapolis, MN

#25 Oct 11, 2012
Bluebonnets-Thistle wrote:
<quoted text>
These are the 98 U.S. senators for voted in favor of the US Patriot Act of 2001
House of Repuresentatives Vote of Patriot Act 2001.
Yea Nea
Republican 211 3
Democratic 145 62
It WASN'T a GOP act, meathead!
Passed by the republican controlled congress, signed by the republican bush jr.

That is not to let the democrats off the hook, as Obama extended the removal of our freedoms and added the NDAA to further enshrine our loss of freedoms.

With that being said, both parties involved, I do not let either off the hook, but it appears many republicans are only complaining that the democrats are responsible.

Many say we need the republicans should have even more power to control everything we do when they have repeatedly demonstrated they cannot properly wield any power at all.

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#26 Oct 11, 2012
Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this supposed to be satire? Of course it was the GOP who wrote passed and signed the Pat Act to remove our rights that you now complain about.
Losing our country? Yes, that is what bush and the GOP did with their 8 years; near total destruction. The debt is directly due to bush policies and Obama has done little to change them. Romney would take away even those few changes to complete the destruction of the United States of America. People, US citizens, would illegally move to Mexico looking for jobs under a Romney administration.
Yes, the rich have us divided and nearly conquered. Putting another one of their flunkies in office would not make anything better.
Are you going to list the democrats that also voted for it or coninue your distortion.
liza

Bridgeport, WV

#27 Oct 11, 2012
To me, as dumb as you think I am, YOU care nothing for the people or country.....TO YOU, ITS all about
electing Obama regardless of the consequesce.
You will have to live with your choice.
*Never give anyone else a chance, stay with what
has and will happen.

Of course I am the idiot....Been hearing those
words for 4 yrs.. I will not thank you,, if thats
what your wanting. May your next 4yrs be what you
expect and deserve.
Don Joe

Minneapolis, MN

#28 Oct 11, 2012
liza wrote:
To me, as dumb as you think I am, YOU care nothing for the people or country.....TO YOU, ITS all about
electing Obama regardless of the consequesce.
You will have to live with your choice.
*Never give anyone else a chance, stay with what
has and will happen.
Of course I am the idiot....Been hearing those
words for 4 yrs.. I will not thank you,, if thats
what your wanting. May your next 4yrs be what you
expect and deserve.
Why don't these people just watch Fox News and let them tell us what to think. We have to go back to the bush policies, allowing more attacks on American soil, sending millions more jobs to communist China. We have to transfer the wealth of the middle class to the 17 richest families in the US. Why what will they do if they don't get all our money? Why don't people just tune in to find out what they are supposed to think. Where do they get that they can think for themselves? It's just not right. Rupert Murdoch gets big money for thinking for us. Do they really think they can think better than Rupert?

Since: Dec 07

Athens, TX

#29 Oct 11, 2012
Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not to let the democrats off the hook, as Obama extended the removal of our freedoms and added the NDAA to further enshrine our loss of freedoms.
With that being said, both parties involved, I do not let either off the hook, but it appears many republicans are only complaining that the democrats are responsible.
Many say we need the republicans should have even more power to control everything we do when they have repeatedly demonstrated they cannot properly wield any power at all.
MOST, including ALL democrats in the senate voted for it. Most of the democrats in the house voted for it. Again, you're not a very good liar. Had Clinton done something about al queda instead of attacking Mt. Carmel and chasing interns around the oval office, it may not have been necessary!

The only freedom you lost is just in case the fact that your an islamic radical. See if the shoe fits, screwball.

Athens, TX

#30 Oct 11, 2012
Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't these people just watch Fox News and let them tell us what to think. We have to go back to the bush policies, allowing more attacks on American soil, sending millions more jobs to communist China. We have to transfer the wealth of the middle class to the 17 richest families in the US. Why what will they do if they don't get all our money? Why don't people just tune in to find out what they are supposed to think. Where do they get that they can think for themselves? It's just not right. Rupert Murdoch gets big money for thinking for us. Do they really think they can think better than Rupert?
No one "allowed" 9/11 you pathetic liar. Al queda built up during Clintons terms, attacked us 7 times around the world and what was HIS response? Nothing!

Rupert Murdoch isn't running shyte. George Soros, nobama's biggest contributor has manipulated the downfall of other countries, bragged about bringing down America, and the richest congressmen 7 of the top ten are democrats.

Clinton signed the free trade agreement with China AND pressured the UN to allow China in the WTO. You on the left are not getting the message after Nov. 2010, Walker recall victory and Romney now leading in the polls that your lame blame Bush mantra doesn't cut it any longer. Four years of nothing under nobama, another solar company bankrupt yesterday..........hilarious.

Athens, TX

#31 Oct 11, 2012
Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
How in the fkn hell is the Patriot Act controlling everything you do? Unless your an islamic radical and being watched!!

A review of publicly available information shows that 23 attacks have been thwarted
Richard Reid, December 2001
Jose Padilla, May 2002.
Lackawanna Six, September 2002
Iyman Faris, May 2003
Virginia Jihad Network, June 2003
Dhiren Barot, August 2004
James Elshafay and Shahawar Matin Siraj, August 2004
Yassin Aref and Mohammad Hossain, August 2004
Umer Hayat and Hamid Hayat, June 2005
Levar Haley Washington, Gregory Vernon Patterson, Hammad Riaz Samana, and Kevin James, August 2005

Many more, these terroists were caputured BY the Patriot Act. Friends of yours?

Athens, TX

#32 Oct 11, 2012

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#33 Oct 11, 2012
Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
You're too stupid to learn or you would have already.....go back to the landfill, you've peaked.
Don Joe

Minneapolis, MN

#34 Oct 11, 2012
Bluebonnets-Thistle wrote:
<quoted text>
How in the fkn hell is the Patriot Act controlling everything you do? Unless your an islamic radical and being watched!!
A review of publicly available information shows that 23 attacks have been thwarted
Richard Reid, December 2001
Jose Padilla, May 2002.
Lackawanna Six, September 2002
Iyman Faris, May 2003
Virginia Jihad Network, June 2003
Dhiren Barot, August 2004
James Elshafay and Shahawar Matin Siraj, August 2004
Yassin Aref and Mohammad Hossain, August 2004
Umer Hayat and Hamid Hayat, June 2005
Levar Haley Washington, Gregory Vernon Patterson, Hammad Riaz Samana, and Kevin James, August 2005
Many more, these terroists were caputured BY the Patriot Act. Friends of yours?
If you really want to know, try actually reading the Pat Act for yourself. Quit letting right wing fanatics tell you what it means. Read it for yourself.

Find the part where it says the government can imprison any US citizen, with only an accusation; no charges, no trial, no phone call, no notification to family, just life in prison.

This is expressly forbidden by the constitution. Habeas Corpus requires that you cannot be arrested without cause. And if there is cause, that evidence must be presented in court. The elimination of habeas corpus means the government can incarcerate anyone anytime, no reason given. They just accuse you of being an enemy combatant. Perhaps when bush was pres, you didn't care if the government could do that. Now that Obama is pres, would you object if he simply declared Romney an enemy combatant and put him in prison for life? The government is making the claim that would be perfectly legal. Romney would just disappear.

How does that affect anyone? Knowing that if you say something the government doesn't like they can put you in prison for life might make some people hesitant to say anything against the government. There goes freedom of speech. Knowing that if you own something that someone in the government wants, you can be simply hauled away and they can then take what they want; does that make you hesitant in any way.

You may ask for proof that that has happened. Read the Pat Act further. They don't have to tell you. In fact they are expressly forbidden to mention who they have taken away. One attorney in Oregon was taken away because they said he had the same fingerprints as a possible terrorist. Being an attorney he was able to get out, but if he had not been an attorney, he would still be in prison.

The only way to find out would be to look at the % of those missing prior to the act, and compare to the % of people missing after the act. I looked it up and observed that there are more missing; but I will leave the exercise to you as you won't believe it unless it is reported on Fox News.

As to your 23 attacks, they are laughable. Because you traded all of our freedoms for security, these baddies were stopped. Like I would really believe that. No, when you trade freedom for security, you get neither. We know we got neither because of the dead ambassadors. I refuse to pay for the military to come look under your bed every night because you are too scared to sleep.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Entertainment Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kim Kardashian is reportedly worth 39 million 12 min Wide 1
Is it morally wrong to view leaked nude celebri... 37 min LeroyJones 179
Chesney sparks romance rumors (Jan '13) 1 hr lauren 39
What's your favorite movie of 2014? 1 hr Little Red Feather 244
Stage Tube: Weird Al, Conan O'Brien, and More P... 1 hr Parden Pard 2
Ledger to play Joker (Aug '06) 4 hr the_real_joker_is... 29
We are not alone in the universe, Canadians bel... (Jul '12) 4 hr losers 83
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000