Teen Mom 2's Leah Messer AGAIN as she...

Teen Mom 2's Leah Messer AGAIN as she discovers she is 'pregnant with twins for the second time'

There are 171 comments on the Daily Mail story from Jan 11, 2012, titled Teen Mom 2's Leah Messer AGAIN as she discovers she is 'pregnant with twins for the second time'. In it, Daily Mail reports that:

The 19-year-old, who already has twin girls with ex-husband Corey Simms, made the discovery last week according to In Touch magazine.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Mail.

Ocean56

AOL

#82 Mar 7, 2012
i know wrote:
To CLARIFY, I am saying that the obvious hardships of teen pregnancy are to be mentioned BEFORE it happens. Once a teen become a mom or dad, it's a bit too late, but that doesn't mean that their futures are to be doomed because you say it is. And teaching abstinence doesn't work...prevention is the key. And my opinion is just that...mine, neither wrong nor right and definitely not so under your scrutiny.
Obviously the hardships of teen pregnancy/motherhood AREN'T being mentioned often enough before it happens, judging from the very high number of teen girls nationwide who HAVE gotten pregnant and then become teen moms. They only realize how very hard motherhood is AFTER the baby arrives, and as you said, then it is too late.

Using protection against unwanted pregnancy is also important, but it also needs to be said that NO contraceptive is a 100% guarantee that a girl will never get pregnant. ALL contraceptives can do fail, so if a girl really thinks she "can't ever get pregnant" just because she's on birth control, that is a serious mistake. Should protection always be used when having sex? ABSOLUTELY. Does that same protection guarantee that a girl will never get pregnant? Absolutely NOT. That being said, ANY protection is better than none at all.

Ocean56

AOL

#83 Mar 7, 2012
i know wrote:
Or the effective approach could be taken with prevention education. Abstinence just doesn't work. I applaud you for realizing you were too ignorant to know how pregnancy occurred and choosing abstinence, but most teens just aren't that astute and high school and sexual culture has changed dramatically in 2 decades. It doesn't make anyone a loser if they have sex, much less gets pregnant. It doesn't mean that they won't graduate high school or go on to college if that's what they want. And most mom's love their babies and don't think of them as "screaming stinky diapers" as you eloquently put it. I think the real WINNERS are those that manage to reaise healthy, beautiful children AND accomplsh their goals
I have never been an abstinence-ONLY supporter, contrary to what you choose to believe. Obviously teens have to use some kind of prevention if they are going to have sex anyway. However, teens ALSO need to know that NO method of birth control is 100% guaranteed against unwanted pregnancy. Condoms can break. A girl's BC method can fail. So a girl can still get pregnant.

Judging by your last statement, it appears that you FAVOR teen pregnancy/motherhood rather than "not favoring" it. I have to wonder why that is, considering that teen pregnancy/motherhood makes a girl's life so much HARDER than it used to be before she had a baby before she even completed high school.
i know

Portland, TN

#84 Mar 8, 2012
You sure do change your opinion based on how it helps you put others down. By pronouncing that girls should "just say no" as you have in your previous posts, is support of an abstinence only approach. Whle abstinence is 100% effective, studies have shown that teen preg. rates increase if abstinence is the only education being provided. Prevention should be taught in conjuction. It can be 99% effective if used correctly (which is why we should educate them on how to use it!)

Go back and read my earlier posts. I've spelled it out for you several times already and you still don't understand my POV. I don't encourage teen pregnancy (who does?). But...unlike you, I choose to believe that young moms and dads have a bright future ahead. I don't need to insult or belittle them because of one mistake in their life. Not all can be perfect like you ocean.
i know

Portland, TN

#85 Mar 8, 2012
Go Blue wrote:
It has been said, that oral sex and anal sex have increased, even among girls younger than highschool, in order to avoid vaginal intercourse. Other than the possibility of STD's, this course seems a bit safer, from a pregnancy stand point.....
If this is true, it's pretty sad that a) girls high school and YOUNGER are partaking in this and b) adults have done such a poor job of giving them pregnancy and STD education that this seems like a GOOD idea
Go Blue

West Palm Beach, FL

#86 Mar 8, 2012
i know wrote:
<quoted text>
If this is true, it's pretty sad that a) girls high school and YOUNGER are partaking in this and b) adults have done such a poor job of giving them pregnancy and STD education that this seems like a GOOD idea
Yeah, but don't you think, in the longrun, girls giving oral, is way preferable, to intercourse? I think, that is a nobrainer....
Ocean56

AOL

#87 Mar 8, 2012
i know wrote:
You sure do change your opinion based on how it helps you put others down. By pronouncing that girls should "just say no" as you have in your previous posts, is support of an abstinence only approach. Whle abstinence is 100% effective, studies have shown that teen preg. rates increase if abstinence is the only education being provided. Prevention should be taught in conjuction. It can be 99% effective if used correctly (which is why we should educate them on how to use it!)
Go back and read my earlier posts. I've spelled it out for you several times already and you still don't understand my POV. I don't encourage teen pregnancy (who does?). But...unlike you, I choose to believe that young moms and dads have a bright future ahead. I don't need to insult or belittle them because of one mistake in their life. Not all can be perfect like you ocean.
I don't think I've changed my opinions at all, but if I have been unclear in any of my previous posts, that's on me. My bad.

The reason I believe it would be wise for girls who don't ever want to get pregnant as teens to say NO to sexual activity is because NO contraceptive is 100% guarantee to prevent it. YES, using some form of birth control protection is essential to reduce the risk of unwanted pregnancy, so it should always be used for teens who decide to have sex. However, all teens need to know that using a condom and/or another BC method REDUCES the risk of pregnancy. BC does not eliminate it completely, which all teens need to know.

Of course, if a girl gets pregnant despite careful use of birth control, there are still two OTHER options besides teen motherhood. Not all girls have to be mothers between 15-18 because some feel it's "the right thing to do." Some girls may have other dreams for their lives that DON'T include motherhood, and that is perfectly okay too.
Ocean56

AOL

#88 Mar 8, 2012
Go Blue wrote:
Yeah, but don't you think, in the longrun, girls giving oral, is way preferable, to intercourse?
Girls "giving oral" is still a very bad idea for two reasons; 1. it encourages sexual activity when a girl might NOT be ready for it and 2. a girl can still get an STD from doing this.

IMO girls would be wise to avoid THIS kind of sexual activity too.
Ocean56

AOL

#89 Mar 8, 2012
Here's a good quote from a site that gives more information about teen pregnancy.

http://www.teenhelp.com/teen-pregnancy/teen-p...

"The Reasons Why Teens Get Pregnant

There are many reasons that teenagers become pregnant. Some of them want to have babies. However, the fact of the matter is that most teen pregnancies are unintentional (80 percent). Additionally, most of them occur to unwed teen mothers. This means that even though most teens do not want to become pregnant, they are still becoming so as a result of sexual activity. While actual force to have sex is rare, many teenage girls (especially those under the age of 15) feel pressured to have sex. And, of course, the more intercourse a teenager has, the more likely it is that a teen pregnancy will eventually result.

Unwanted sexual intercourse

Rape does happen and is one of the reasons that teen pregnancies occur. Rape by boyfriends, family members and even strangers can result in teen pregnancy. However, many teenagers feel pressure of a more subtle kind. Most teenage girls who engage in sexual activity, and especially those who do so before the age of 15, admit that they wish they had waited. But often they feel pressure from their boyfriends: three out of four girls (75 percent) report that the reason they have sex is because their boyfriends want them to. Most of these teens regret it later, whether or not they become pregnant. "

Click on the link to learn more.
Go Blue

West Palm Beach, FL

#90 Mar 8, 2012
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Girls "giving oral" is still a very bad idea for two reasons; 1. it encourages sexual activity when a girl might NOT be ready for it and 2. a girl can still get an STD from doing this.
IMO girls would be wise to avoid THIS kind of sexual activity too.
Maybe we could just keep them at home, and lock them in their rooms? You know, until they are 18 and all.....
dont bother

Poca, WV

#91 Mar 8, 2012
i know wrote:
Don't bother ore waste your time. Ocean just want to argue with somebody-anybody on here no matter if you basically agree with what has been said.
Ocean56

AOL

#92 Mar 9, 2012
Go Blue wrote:
Maybe we could just keep them at home, and lock them in their rooms? You know, until they are 18 and all.....
And I suggested that...WHERE, exactly? I'll tell you; NOWHERE.

All I stated was a simple fact; if teen girls want to remain childfree (no kids by choice) while in high school, the only way to GUARANTEE they won't get pregnant is to avoid sexual activity with guys. Using birth control will reduce the risk of unwanted pregnancy, so it should always be used for teens who decide to have sex anyway. But it does NOT eliminate the risk entirely, which IMO all teen girls need to know.

Girls don't have to be "locked in their rooms until they're 18" to say NO to any guy that tries to PRESSURE them into having sex. Although I can understand why teen guys who wanted girls to have sex with them would have a real problem with this.
once again

Poca, WV

#93 Mar 20, 2012
Go Blue wrote:
<quoted text> Maybe we could just keep them at home, and lock them in their rooms? You know, until they are 18 and all.....
From the sounds of it ocean wouldn't be happy with them being locked up only until 18. Lock them up until they are out of college or even longer! LOL!!!
Anonymous

Saint Albans, WV

#94 Mar 24, 2012
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Change their ambitions," meaning giving up ALL the dreams they originally had because having a baby as a teenager made it impossible to pursue their educational and career goals. That sounds more accurate.
Yes, many teen girls WOULD have to "change their ambitions" if they became pregnant and then mothers if they caved in to their boyfriend's demands for sex, especially if they DIDN'T use a condom or weren't on birth control. That's why I hope more teen girls nationwide will be wise enough to say NO to these guys who demand sex in future. After all, it isn't the GUYS who will have to suffer through pregnancy and then care for a baby 24/7, is it.
Yea well Ocean56 it all sounds like a simple solution but it sure wont be put to use. It sounds as if you're putting the blame onto the boys moreso than the it being equally the boy and girl's fault. There was a group of girls at our school that actually made out a list of guys in the school. The girl that screwed all the guys first was the leader of the group. So all their goal was to get the guy come hell or high water. So if they're so in a tizzy to get laid, let them be responsible for the birth control. There is no excuse for not having/using it now days, except for being irresponsible.
Ocean56

AOL

#95 Mar 24, 2012
zurna wrote:
So if they're so in a tizzy to get laid, let them be responsible for the birth control. There is no excuse for not having/using it now days, except for being irresponsible.
I don't recall saying that teen girls AND guys shouldn't use birth control if they're going to have sex in spite of the pregnancy risk. Obviously they need to use BC to reduce the risk of unwanted pregnancy as much as they possibly can.

However, teens also need to know that even with regular birth control use, NO method of BC can guarantee with absolute certainty that a girl will never get pregnant. While the best contraceptives have effectiveness rates of 98% and above, that is still NOT 100%. Too many girls seem to believe that if they're on the pill or another method they can never get pregnant. That is simply NOT true, which a good doctor will also tell them.
tweet

France

#96 Mar 27, 2012
i know wrote:
<quoted text>Doubtful she'll ever learn. Not sure she understands what safe sex is, but more likely she doesn't care. She got a tv show the first time around, shes probably hoping to continue to capitalize on this behavior.
That is a frightening thought . It says that she wants to be the next Kate gossling. God forbid! Use your children to make money. I'm sure all of these young people know about birth control but I don't think any one of them was ever taught self control! We all have those lustful feelings when we first start seeing someone or even just seeing some one for the first time . But if you haven't been taught to have control and respect for yourself you will always end up pregnant
youre a retard

Charleston, WV

#97 Jun 15, 2012
Joe wrote:
Forget the condoms, the pill, and all the other birth control devices.
The father's of these young men need to teach their son to abstinence.
Teach you sons to JUST SAY NO!!!
To all the girls who try to entrap them.
Problem solve.
Dumbest thing I've ever heard. Kids are going to have sex, and abstinence is one of the most useless things you could ever teach your kid. Teach them about condoms, the pill, and safe sex in general and you will have much better results than being incredibly naive with your "just say no" stupidity.
Ocean56

AOL

#98 Jun 16, 2012
youre a retard wrote:
Dumbest thing I've ever heard. Kids are going to have sex, and abstinence is one of the most useless things you could ever teach your kid. Teach them about condoms, the pill, and safe sex in general and you will have much better results than being incredibly naive with your "just say no" stupidity.
I'm all for teens learning the facts about how important it is to use one or even two forms of contraception if they decide to have sex despite the risks.

That being said, I think teens being sexFREE is even better. Teen girls and guys who choose to be sexFREE are free from both unwanted pregnancy AND sexually transmitted diseases.
dont bother

Martinsville, VA

#99 Jul 2, 2012
Quick! Somebody get Ocean a job counciling teenages as soon as possible!!!! lol
Skay

Ardsley, NY

#100 Jul 6, 2012
clearly wrote:
I believe she had an abortion so people didn't talk about how much of a hoe she is and the perfect cover I miscarried. And if she's still pregnant then why did her "fiance" confirm the miscarriage?
. A hoe is something u use in a. Garden An she would
Not have an abortion But she did. Use form of birth control an she still. Got pregnant She don't need. Welfare her. Man. Makes.more. Money than. MTV pays her take your nosey self out of. Watching MTV. An go teach. A class
Wow

Charleston, WV

#101 Jul 9, 2012
Skay wrote:
<quoted text>. A hoe is something u use in a. Garden An she would
Not have an abortion But she did. Use form of birth control an she still. Got pregnant She don't need. Welfare her. Man. Makes.more. Money than. MTV pays her take your nosey self out of. Watching MTV. An go teach. A class
. Who cares of she has 10 kids it get life and Iam sure she will have a few maybe she is trying to get a show like Kaye plus 8

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Entertainment Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Burke Ramsey Sues Forensic Pathologist for $150... (Oct '16) 1 hr Especially in Mic... 16
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr cpeter1313 330,420
News 'The View' co-hosts mock Mike Pence's faith, br... 5 hr Pat Robertson s F... 30
News No pushover: Meghan McCain brings conservative ... 8 hr Guest 9
News Bill Martin (Oct '09) 8 hr Marge 55
fllrts 8 hr wsmmj1 2
wendee williams 11 hr out 1
More from around the web