Mel Gibson and America's hidden racism

There are 203 comments on the CNN story from Jul 15, 2010, titled Mel Gibson and America's hidden racism. In it, CNN reports that:

Video: 'I want to hurt someone' Video: Can Mel Gibson's career recover? Video: Defending Mel Gibson? Clearly over the last 40 years, our laws have greatly mitigated once commonplace displays of racism.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

Razors Edge

Oak Lawn, IL

#48 Jul 16, 2010
LET HE HAS NOT SINNED THROW THE FIRST STONE??? LOL!!
OF COURSE NOBODY ON HERE HAS SCREAMED AND CURSED AT
THEIR SPOUSE,PARTNER,LOVED ONE RIGHT!!!
BULLCHIT,HYPOCRITES!
HANNITY BECK OREILLY RULE

Overland Park, KS

#49 Jul 16, 2010
only racism I'm seeing and hearing is coming from libutards and rev wright,jackson,sharpton and the black panthers and their wonderful non racist leader shamwow,shazam or whatever he calls himself, he and his clan want to kill crackers and kill cracker babies.
but remember if you disagree with this regime or any of the obamanations ideals or policies then of course you must me a flaming racist.libutards=no common sense and total lack of reasoning.

“The REAL Founding Fathers!!!!!”

Since: Jun 08

Oakland

#50 Jul 16, 2010
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Well Australia can have him back,LOL.
Or Betty Ford Clinic.....right now this whole debacle is a media feeding frenzy....wading through to the truth can be difficult....as I have said all along, I feel sorry for his children....this so reminds me of Bill Shatner back in the day....and how quickly they forgot the Alec Baldwin rantings..(directly TO his child)....stars or not, the children end up carrying a lot of the 'baggage'.....it's a shame, the stories of the wreckage some of these stars leave behind for their children and the list is endless over the years...(murder, suicide, drug addiction alcoholism).....smh.....just sayin'....

“Just me”

Since: Dec 08

london

#52 Jul 16, 2010
Lol Alec Baldwin called his dauther a bitch on the phone.Thats your typical american parent right there.

“The REAL Founding Fathers!!!!!”

Since: Jun 08

Oakland

#54 Jul 16, 2010
othello_81 wrote:
Lol Alec Baldwin called his dauther a bitch on the phone.Thats your typical american parent right there.
Tsk tsk, Othello, I hardly think that it is typical (of American parents) but all too prevalent in Hollyweird.....why the broad brush strokes?.....just sayin'.....
Pit Bull owner

West New York, NJ

#55 Jul 16, 2010
Stimulate My Intellect wrote:
and then white people wonder why blacks "cry" racism, play the "race card" all the time
getting sick of hearing your cry of racism
it's getting old

&fe ature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Razors Edge

Oak Lawn, IL

#57 Jul 16, 2010
Good job she was not married to Phil Spector,A fine up standing American White boy>>>LOL!
Jawga Boy

Atlanta, GA

#58 Jul 16, 2010
Now ol' Tyrone sounds like someone I would like!

He's a good ol' boy!

He's not "uppity" like Spike is.
Killuminati

Santa Monica, CA

#59 Jul 18, 2010
Sidneycatbastard wrote:
mel gibson is a piece of crazed religio-fascist dogshit on legs, that muthafucka bastard needs to be hung, drawn and quatered like they did to that muthafucka in braveheart. yeah.
LOL once again a stupid member of the Sheeple that never questions what they hear in the media.

“TheseDays”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#60 Jul 18, 2010
He's a mess!
His crap + bad decisions exposed,,,,,,his children must be proud.
LaTwinda

Brooksville, FL

#62 Jul 18, 2010
The perfect match has always been out there for Mel Gibson.

His face and my a-ss.

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e293/untame...
Just the facts

AOL

#63 Jul 18, 2010
Sidneycatbastard wrote:
mel gibson is a piece of crazed religio-fascist dogshit on legs, that muthafucka bastard needs to be hung, drawn and quatered like they did to that muthafucka in braveheart. yeah.
He's a great actor . One of the BEST . I can't wait to see his next movie .

“Snow days!”

Since: Nov 08

A winter wonderland

#65 Jul 18, 2010
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>And when you whites have your functions that exclude blacks ( thank God for small favors,LOL) the jeans the white guys wear are so damn tight that I bet most of them are walking around with yeast infections,LOL.
Can you name just one function that excludes blacks? I can't join the NAACP because I'm white. How exclusionary & discriminatory, not to mention racist is that?

As long as you act like a civilized human being, I couldn't possibly care less what skin tone you are.
Just the facts

AOL

#66 Jul 18, 2010
Are Blacks racist ?

“lifes a bytch”

Since: Jul 10

and then you die

#67 Jul 18, 2010
Just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>He's a great actor . One of the BEST . I can't wait to see his next movie .
i agree- he is a great actor- he sure did fool the shit out of all of us didn't he? Just goes to show- you never know what really goes on behind closed doors.

“lifes a bytch”

and then you die

#68 Jul 18, 2010
Andie J wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you name just one function that excludes blacks? I can't join the NAACP because I'm white. How exclusionary & discriminatory, not to mention racist is that?
As long as you act like a civilized human being, I couldn't possibly care less what skin tone you are.
So what? I can't join the Masons because i am a female. What is your point?

“Snow days!”

Since: Nov 08

A winter wonderland

#69 Jul 18, 2010
blondegirl214 wrote:
<quoted text> So what? I can't join the Masons because i am a female. What is your point?
My point is that the poster made a point of saying there are functions where black people are not allowed. I would like an example, that's all. I'd like to see the poster back his own statement up.

“lifes a bytch”

and then you die

#70 Jul 18, 2010
Andie J wrote:
<quoted text>
My point is that the poster made a point of saying there are functions where black people are not allowed. I would like an example, that's all. I'd like to see the poster back his own statement up.
lol.. they are not allowed to join the KKK. Or Aryan Nation.

Since: Apr 07

st louis

#71 Jul 18, 2010
Look, Mel has issues with alcohol, he and Lindsey and Paris and all the rest should get involved in having their own NA group and they can sit around and talk about how bad their lives are and how all the Jews, Blacks, etc made them drink and smoke and inject all that dope!!

“lifes a bytch”

and then you die

#72 Jul 18, 2010
i just want to make something clear here- Mel Gibson does NOT represent some hidden white america agenda. He does represent an abusive, mentally ill man, who needs help, and possibly prison. His horrible rantings are HIS thoughts, and his alone. They do not speak for white men in general. I do know a few bastards like him, but they are the rare few- not the norm.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Entertainment Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Clinton calls for full citizenship path 1 min John Schmammer 19
News 'American Idol' Finale: Chris Brown, Ricky Mart... 1 hr Long Tall Sally 1
News Mariah Carey hits the high notes for Las Vegas ... 1 hr Paisley Lumiere 1
News Mariah Carey hits the high notes for Las Vegas ... 1 hr You Gotta Stop 1
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr Truth is might 309,772
News 'Price Is Right' Hands Out Most Cringeworthy Prize 3 hr Spotted Girl 3
News People confirms Bruce Jenner 'transitioning int... 4 hr actually 38
More from around the web