Mel Gibson and America's hidden racism

Mel Gibson and America's hidden racism

There are 203 comments on the CNN story from Jul 15, 2010, titled Mel Gibson and America's hidden racism. In it, CNN reports that:

Video: 'I want to hurt someone' Video: Can Mel Gibson's career recover? Video: Defending Mel Gibson? Clearly over the last 40 years, our laws have greatly mitigated once commonplace displays of racism.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
Razors Edge

Oak Lawn, IL

#2 Jul 15, 2010
So what,if we had a crooked DOJ,AG<POTUS<NAACP,we would
never hear any shit?? Because he is a White boy,I am telling you all.Taking it too Mfkg far now,We going to
have Millions of them there white peoples pissed and
armed,and they some crazy Mfkgs,And who will be suffering
not them politicians,but us poor peoplesin the streets.
Dan in Pa

Moscow, PA

#3 Jul 15, 2010
Razors Edge wrote:
So what,if we had a crooked DOJ,AG<POTUS<NAACP,we would
never hear any shit?? Because he is a White boy,I am telling you all.Taking it too Mfkg far now,We going to
have Millions of them there white peoples pissed and
armed,and they some crazy Mfkgs,And who will be suffering
not them politicians,but us poor peoplesin the streets.
You do realize that Mel Gibson is from Australia right? You do realize too that he apparently has a severe drinking problem. Not sure he is the poster boy for white America. Try again.
Tyrone

Philadelphia, PA

#4 Jul 15, 2010
Did you ever stop and asked yourself how come white cops murder black children accidentally?
How many black children have to die at the hands of white cops for America to say it might be deliberate?
Did you ever stop and asked yourself how come white cops murder a 92 year old senior citizen (Kathryn Johnston) why did three white cops after shooting a 92 year old black woman39 times 6 hitting their mark! Why did they have to handcuff her while she was dying?
Did you ever stop and asked yourself how come white cops shoot and murder black cops accidentally
How many black cops have to die at the hands of white cops for America to say it might be deliberate?
Did you ever stop and asked yourself how come in Montana where there is many Meth Labs run by white people with children present. And cops raid there Meth Lap white children are not accidentally muder? How many black children have to die at the hands of white cops for America to say it might be deliberate?
Did you ever stop and asked yourself how come white cops murder black adult males accidentally?
From shooting in the back while face down to being beating to death! All America are becoming ok with black males being murder and beating by cops
Last question why is it that all these white talk shows that are reporting on the Mel Gibson rants. Acting so surprise? This country have live forever with THE ANGRY WHITE MAN! Republican David Duke spread hate and ran for President...Rush Limbaugh. and Mel Gibson could hang out and be good friends...Sean Hannity and Mel Gibson could hang out together and Glenn Beck and Mel Gibson would be good buddy! All of a sudden all these whiter people are so surprist!
Tyrone

Philadelphia, PA

#5 Jul 15, 2010
The Tea Party is just concern Americans angry about the country! They don't hate President Obama they love him but hate his policy! YEAH RIGHT! These are racist white people that the white control media helps promote! It is sick to think that black and other minorities are fighting and dying for these white racist in two wars oversea and a bias media that have NO respect for their life's! Mel Gibson is in the news because his baby mama recorded his rants! Where he call her s--t c--t b---h accuse her of dressing in tight clothes in order to have people look at her! Mel Gibson is a sick racist woman beater Jew hater! This should be no surprise his father was very racist and his mother never did nothing about this sickness! Mel Gibson grew up being taught to hate! Today many excusive are being made in his behalf by the white control media! They are trying to say the tapes where tampered with! White people are very fast to defend racist and stupid and lying behavior when it comes to white people! In the case of Sarah Palin's daughter Sarah Palin orchestrated and demanded that Levi claim"it was all a lie"! Levi claim that Sarah refer to her Down Syndrome son retarded. Never new how to hold a gun let alone shoot one did not know how to fish as she said! Levi claim Sarah Palin was a big liar and snobbish and fought constantly with her husband. Levi also claim he stay in Bristol room at the former Governor home and slept in the same bed and everybody knew! Levi also said he was having sex with Bristol as young as 13 years old in the Governor's home! He also said Sarah Palin and her husband new their 13 year old was having sex but didn't care until she got pregnant and thought it was bad for Sarah Palin career! Levi is now back with the family and Sarah Palin is happy as hell! This way she can get Levi to say I LIED! Also on these polls that have President Obama at 56% disapproval! Don't believe these polls most if not all are orchestrated by the white control media and racist poll takers!
Tyrone

Philadelphia, PA

#6 Jul 15, 2010
Why do cops get away with murder?
I'm not anti-cop or anything like that but why is it that cops can shoot people in the back, or who are unarmed or running away and not get the death penalty or even convicted.

I also know that cops only have like a short amount of time to react when someone pull a weapon on them and attacks, but very few people ever go as far as to shoot cops (without a good reason). Most the people who do attack cops are either:(1)mental -as in have a mental disease (2) were attacked by the cops first and the cops were undercover and did not identify themselves as cops until they started shooting.(3) Just psycho criminals.

If someone genuinely comes at a uniformed office then the cop has the right to defend himself. But self defense works both ways. I wouldn't suggest shooting a cop even in self defense unless your willing to move cities. Every person who has ever been found innocent of defending themselves from a cop has ended up shot by police at a later date or killed by prison guards. Then again police murder the other witness in their so-call justify shooting!

Why is it that cops can kick down your door and shoot you in your own house and just make up stories like they saw you reaching for your waist, and then they find nothing but a wallet, which everyone has on their body.(RIP--Mr. Diallo and Ms. Johnston)

Lets be honest no one wants to go to jail for murder so when cops shoot people because they are over aggressive they are just going to make up some BS story, anyone in that position would do it. Why is it for example that when cops see there own colleagues shoot people they don't arrest them and treat them like everyone else.( RIP--Mr. Sean Bell)

Worst of all the judges are too scared of cops to ever convict them of a crime even if they are obviously guilty. No other person in society, not even Texas could shoot someone in handcuffs in the back or 50 times and claim that they were under pressure, stress, and it was some form of self -defense and not get the death penalty. AGAIN( RIP--Mr.Sean Bell and Oscar Grant)

I think all cops should be forced to wear video cameras in their hat so everyone can see who the real criminals are. I'm sure spending all your day around people who commit illegal act must have some kind of effect on you.

Rodney King was beaten by three white cops under the supervision of a white police Sergeant! BUT upwards of 27 male and female white cops witness the crime. And did nothing to stop the crime BUT watch. Why haven't they been charge with a crime? Why didn't the prosecutors go after them?

Kathryn Johnston was a 92 year old black woman murder by three white cops! Only two where prosecute and receive less then 11 years! After they shot a 92 years old black innocent female 39 times 6 bullets hitting the target then they handcuff her .Didn't call for an ambulance let her bleed to death! Then they planted drugs then they tried to get someone to lie and say they purchase from the home of Ms. Johnston!

Aiyana Jones just 7 years old and innocent of any crimes was asleep and was burn and shot by a cop and many other cops stood by and let it happen! Where is the judges and prosecutors? WHERE IS JUSTICE FOR THAT CHILD?
Razors Edge

Oak Lawn, IL

#7 Jul 15, 2010
Dan in Pa wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize that Mel Gibson is from Australia right? You do realize too that he apparently has a severe drinking problem. Not sure he is the poster boy for white America. Try again.
He has been an American for decades now,for Christ sake,what does his
former country of origin have to do with squat?? drinking problems,no
Americans in Hollywierd have any problems with drugs,booze?? LOL! You
quiet aptly missed the whole point of course!! Dopey!!

“Just me”

Since: Dec 08

london

#8 Jul 15, 2010
Dan in Pa wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course Mel Gibson is your original poster boy for white america.He has resided long enough in the USA for him to be accepted as an American and besides he acts just like your typical american rendeck.

“The REAL Founding Fathers!!!!!”

Since: Jun 08

Oakland

#9 Jul 15, 2010
Dan in Pa wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, Dan, Mel was born in New York and moved to Australia when he was 12.....just sayin'.....

“lifes a bytch”

Since: Jul 10

and then you die

#10 Jul 15, 2010
When I heard the tapes i thought i was going to throw up. I thought my husband had come back from the dead. NO he does NOT represent white america. He DOES however paint a very realistic picture of how a person with a severe mental illness sounds and acts towards the ones he supposedly loves.
JUST ONCE

Villa Rica, GA

#11 Jul 15, 2010
Blacks do not have an exclusive right to use the "n" word. It is found in many social levels of everyday black conversation, and with blacks in mixed ethnic groups as well.
Dan in Pa

Moscow, PA

#12 Jul 15, 2010
Tyrone,

I havn't seen anyone defending Mel Gibson. Yes he's a dumbass who needs some serious therapy. To use him as the poster boy for white American males is just as dumb though.

Nice anecdotal stories aside, what is the true feeling of most white Americans towards blacks. To be completely honest most whites could not care less about blacks''plight'. They are tired of the belly aching and incessant complaining about something they are not willing to lift a finger to change. I thought Obama was the Change you can believe in? What happened to all that Hope?

In reality, you are the master of your own fate. As much as it may make you feel better to blame whitey. It does not make a hill of beans different to your life does it?

“Gods operate on the spiritual”

Since: Jul 09

devils operate on the physical

#13 Jul 15, 2010
and then white people wonder why blacks "cry" racism, play the "race card" all the time

“lifes a bytch”

and then you die

#15 Jul 15, 2010
Stimulate My Intellect wrote:
and then white people wonder why blacks "cry" racism, play the "race card" all the time
uhhh why?
Dan in Pa

Moscow, PA

#16 Jul 15, 2010
othello_81 wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course Mel Gibson is your original poster boy for white america.He has resided long enough in the USA for him to be accepted as an American and besides he acts just like your typical american rendeck.
Part of the problem here is that blacks constantly ask us to not look at them as a monolithic group that can be defined by it's members individually. But apparently you feel that it works in reverse. Huh?

Okay, so Mike Tyson is the typical black man? You are apparently British and won't mind the statement that Winston Silcott is typical of all British black men.

Make sense?

Since: Apr 10

Philadelphia, PA

#17 Jul 15, 2010
Aren't we being a bit sensitive?
Is this a surprise that SOME whites feel this way?
Are his comments the end of our world(s)?

At the end of the day the story is about the "alleged" abuse of that golddigging Russian babymama of his.

IMO, I think she baited him into that tirade. He obviously has some issues he needs to deal with. Him dating a woman of dubious means doesn't help. She's no innocent.

“lifes a bytch”

and then you die

#18 Jul 15, 2010
Mikah2 wrote:
At the end of the day the story is about the "alleged" abuse of that golddigging Russian babymama of his.
IMO, I think she baited him into that tirade. He obviously has some issues he needs to deal with. Him dating a woman of dubious means doesn't help. She's no innocent.
are you fcking kidding me??

“Just me”

london

#19 Jul 15, 2010
Dan in Pa wrote:
<quoted text>
Part of the problem here is that blacks constantly ask us to not look at them as a monolithic group that can be defined by it's members individually. But apparently you feel that it works in reverse. Huh?
Okay, so Mike Tyson is the typical black man? You are apparently British and won't mind the statement that Winston Silcott is typical of all British black men.
Make sense?
Winston Silcott is a british man of afro-caribean descent who was wrongly convicted of murder as one of the Tottenham three for the murder of police Constable Keith Blacklock.Notice he was wrongly convicted so i dont know what comparism u are trying to bring in here and on the issue of Tyson i am yet to see any black american supporting Tyson"s wack behaviour but then there have been a significant number of white americans who support Mel Gibson"s rant and lets face it...many white southerners tend to act as ignorant as Gibson.I dont know if he was raised in the south but he surely acts like someone who grew up in the deep south.

Since: Apr 10

Philadelphia, PA

#20 Jul 15, 2010
blondegirl214 wrote:
<quoted text> are you fcking kidding me??
NO.....

This is my opinion on this subject. You wanna explain yourself better than your "are you fcking kidding me" statement? That doesn't really tell me much about how you feel.

;o)

“Just me”

london

#21 Jul 15, 2010
Mikah2 wrote:
He made threats at his Russian gf and knowing Gibson"s behaviour u dont need to bait him for him to sound off.
Dan in Pa

Moscow, PA

#22 Jul 15, 2010
othello_81 wrote:
<quoted text>
Winston Silcott is a british man of afro-caribean descent who was wrongly convicted of murder as one of the Tottenham three for the murder of police Constable Keith Blacklock.Notice he was wrongly convicted so i dont know what comparism u are trying to bring in here and on the issue of Tyson i am yet to see any black american supporting Tyson"s wack behaviour but then there have been a significant number of white americans who support Mel Gibson"s rant and lets face it...many white southerners tend to act as ignorant as Gibson.I dont know if he was raised in the south but he surely acts like someone who grew up in the deep south.
Since you assert that there are a "significant number of white americans who support Mel Gibson's rant", perhaps you could name some of this "significant number". All I have heard is universal condemnation of Mel Gibson from both white and black. Apparently you in Britain are more familiar with what goes on in my country then am I.

BTW your "wrongly convicted" man Winston Silcott, is still in prison. Why? Is he not representative of black British men?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Entertainment Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump cries over spilled breast milk in court 18 min Responsibility 6
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 18 min cpeter1313 310,355
News Sixteen, Pregnant - and a Hit (Feb '08) 2 hr Synque 8
News Gathering of the Vibes makes splash at Bridgepo... 2 hr Nulli Secundus 4
News How do you break the news about 'Zoey' to a 10-... (Dec '07) 3 hr Victoria Dawn Jus... 4
News Britney A Bad Influence (Dec '07) 3 hr Victoria Dawn Jus... 5
News Jamie Lynn was an accident? (Mar '08) 3 hr Victoria Dawn Jus... 2
More from around the web