Kokua Line: Aloha's theme song

Kokua Line: Aloha's theme song

There are 7 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Apr 10, 2008, titled Kokua Line: Aloha's theme song. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

Jack DeMello penned Aloha's longtime theme song Question: Do you know who wrote the words and music to the theme song for Aloha Airlines, "The Wonderful World of Aloha"? That was truly a gem of a song for a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

Big Okole

United States

#1 Apr 10, 2008
"The Wonderful World of Aloha" is not the theme song of the Aloha Air Cargo pilots.

Their theme song is "Highest Pay Till the Last Day or We'll shut the Company Down"

Portsmouth, VA

#2 Apr 10, 2008
Songs like that bring back memories. I can see Liz Damon and the Orient Express singing that even though they didn't. Those days are only distant memories of the great Hawaiian images of the past. It will always be in my pleasant memories all the way to the grave.

Since: Jan 08

Las Vegas, NV

#3 Apr 10, 2008
You are 100% correct, and when song was written, recorded, etc..DeMello was with advertising agency: Fawacett, McDermott, Cavanaugh, Demello, ADVERTISING INC.

I should know.I was their VP/Marketing for Aloha. Also, at the time, all were presented to KEN CHAR, President/CEO of Aloha at a special "kick-off" ad campaign promotion...which included their "1st" new B737 "flower-power" aircraft, all new if-flight uniforms, new Male in-flight stewards, new sales promo teams in Hawaii, USA, Japan, Canada, Mexico, Europe.

Bert Thomas
Henderson,NV 89052
[email protected]
Leomele Resident

Honolulu, HI

#4 Apr 10, 2008
As a resident on Leomele Street, there are always cars speeding down the street. They are oblivious to the fact that people live on that street and driveways are present where people may be going into and out of...let alone actual people living there! At the intersection between Leomele and Noelani there have been countless accidents. The Neighborhood Board and Police have been informed of the speeding problem but they do nothing. HPD says they need to catch the speeders in the act and will send someone to "shoot radar" but I have yet to see anyone come down. Does someone need to get seriously injured or killed before something is done?
Keli _ Nikka

United States

#5 Apr 10, 2008
We love this article.I do that to my cat. I teach my cat...
10 years old
Handy Randy

Phoenix, AZ

#6 Apr 10, 2008
In my stack of cherished vinyl I have _The Wonderful World of Aloha_ LP. It was commissioned by Aloha "The Friendliest Name in Flight" with orchestra and chorus directed by Jack.

La Habra, CA

#7 Apr 10, 2008
Of all the Airlines, I have always liked Aloha and Hawaiian Airlines in representing Hawaii.
Mahalo for years of Aloha.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Entertainment Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News CIA in the Crosshairs 37 min Ritual Habitual 1
News Orange County Choppers' Mikey Teutul opens gall... (Nov '10) 2 hr budster 173
News Keith Urban Feels Emasculated By Kidman (Mar '07) 2 hr Gfc 43
News Elise Testone Leads Led Zeppelin Tribune 2 hr BPT 1
News Miley Cyrus: Playing Hannah Montana gave me bod... 3 hr mileycyrus 5
News Battling Depression in the LGBT Community 11 hr HumanSpirit 3
News 6 Words That Lead to Better Sex 16 hr Bob99 11
More from around the web