Kokua Line: Aloha's theme song

Full story: Honolulu Star-Bulletin

Jack DeMello penned Aloha's longtime theme song Question: Do you know who wrote the words and music to the theme song for Aloha Airlines, "The Wonderful World of Aloha"? That was truly a gem of a song for a ...
Comments
1 - 7 of 7 Comments Last updated Apr 10, 2008
Big Okole

United States

#1 Apr 10, 2008
"The Wonderful World of Aloha" is not the theme song of the Aloha Air Cargo pilots.

Their theme song is "Highest Pay Till the Last Day or We'll shut the Company Down"
Kona

Portsmouth, VA

#2 Apr 10, 2008
Songs like that bring back memories. I can see Liz Damon and the Orient Express singing that even though they didn't. Those days are only distant memories of the great Hawaiian images of the past. It will always be in my pleasant memories all the way to the grave.

Since: Jan 08

Las Vegas, NV

#3 Apr 10, 2008
You are 100% correct, and when song was written, recorded, etc..DeMello was with advertising agency: Fawacett, McDermott, Cavanaugh, Demello, ADVERTISING INC.

I should know.I was their VP/Marketing for Aloha. Also, at the time, all were presented to KEN CHAR, President/CEO of Aloha at a special "kick-off" ad campaign promotion...which included their "1st" new B737 "flower-power" aircraft, all new if-flight uniforms, new Male in-flight stewards, new sales promo teams in Hawaii, USA, Japan, Canada, Mexico, Europe.

THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF ALOHA.

Bert Thomas
Henderson,NV 89052
bertthomas1@yahoo.com
Leomele Resident

Honolulu, HI

#4 Apr 10, 2008
As a resident on Leomele Street, there are always cars speeding down the street. They are oblivious to the fact that people live on that street and driveways are present where people may be going into and out of...let alone actual people living there! At the intersection between Leomele and Noelani there have been countless accidents. The Neighborhood Board and Police have been informed of the speeding problem but they do nothing. HPD says they need to catch the speeders in the act and will send someone to "shoot radar" but I have yet to see anyone come down. Does someone need to get seriously injured or killed before something is done?
Keli _ Nikka

United States

#5 Apr 10, 2008
We love this article.I do that to my cat. I teach my cat...
Keli
10 years old
Handy Randy

Phoenix, AZ

#6 Apr 10, 2008
In my stack of cherished vinyl I have _The Wonderful World of Aloha_ LP. It was commissioned by Aloha "The Friendliest Name in Flight" with orchestra and chorus directed by Jack.
Kelli

La Habra, CA

#7 Apr 10, 2008
Of all the Airlines, I have always liked Aloha and Hawaiian Airlines in representing Hawaii.
Mahalo for years of Aloha.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Entertainment Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's your favorite movie of 2014? 12 min Kiki Dynamite 77 114
Militias complicate situation on Texas border 23 min Dee Dee Dee 157
Hardcore Pawn Stars Spotted at The Pawn Company 25 min PawnMe 69
Evolution Theory Facing Crisis 27 min Gillette 193
Walking Dead creator hints Daryl could be gay 54 min Gremlin 31
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr Pearl Jam 305,446
The View co-hosts Whoopi Goldberg and Rosie O'D... 1 hr the truth 2
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000