'Buckwild' gets a bit crazy, but MTV says it's got heart

Jan 1, 2013 Full story: USA Today 86

MTV's two-minute trailer promoting Buckwild , a new reality show starring nine young West Virginians, looks like a train wreck of bad behavior that perpetuates the hillbilly stereotype.

Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
who cares!

Bronx, NY

#1 Jan 1, 2013
MTV & cast members yuck u suck!!
Funny

Roanoke, VA

#2 Jan 1, 2013
Who was that stupid girl on the previews with a long pipe in her hands saying (i can see down your shirt)! Hope ya know you all are a bunch of sell outs! & ya get flipped off everytime the previews come on!
Hollywood Hotties

Charleston, WV

#3 Jan 1, 2013
Those gals are smoking hot especially that Salma dame. This has potential to be one bad ass show with a lot of down home entertainment and grit and I personally can't wait until it debuts tomorrow night.

Just a bunch of good ol young energetic boys and gals having some sweet down home fun.

The people of WV should be happy that we are making the spotlight with this show.
:(

Bronx, NY

#4 Jan 2, 2013
Hollywood Hotties wrote:
Those gals are smoking hot especially that Salma dame. This has potential to be one bad ass show with a lot of down home entertainment and grit and I personally can't wait until it debuts tomorrow night.

Just a bunch of good ol young energetic boys and gals having some sweet down home fun.

The people of WV should be happy that we are making the spotlight with this show.
Ppl from WV not happy!! Not unless u r on this stupid show & u sold yourself mtv for a little of nothing to sell out your state!! BY FAR hotties!! More like UGLY!!
Funny

Roanoke, VA

#5 Jan 2, 2013
How about those wonderful whites of wv, & now this! This is not a good promotion for this state! Sell out to mtv
Buck Mild

Washington, DC

#7 Jan 3, 2013
Forget Buck Wild. Check out Buck Mild! Finally, a reality show that tells the truth about life in rural, West Virginia.

Trailer:

Episode:
http://youtu.be/1SE466T8ZKU
oh yeah

Virginia Beach, VA

#8 Jan 3, 2013
Hmmm, so sometimes it's OK to perpetuate stereotypes, and sometimes it's very, very bad to do so?

Ahh, the hypocrisy of modern PC culture.......
Funny

Roanoke, VA

#9 Jan 3, 2013
Find some class.......there is an issue for your tissue!

“Crusty & Buttery Like Bread”

Since: Oct 08

Framingham, MA

#10 Jan 3, 2013
More proof that the human race is getting dumber.
Canon

Texarkana, TX

#11 Jan 3, 2013
I've got an idea for you, if you don't like it....don't watch it.
ashley

Rich Creek, VA

#12 Jan 3, 2013
:( no one will b watching me!! Boo hoo!! I suck for selling myself to a tv show that pd very little for makin fun of my state!! I suck!!

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#13 Jan 3, 2013
It's just a show. Calm down.
strange

Murfreesboro, TN

#14 Jan 3, 2013
Really good job wv. you guy's can find the sickest and just pure nasty girl's who have no respect for there self's.KEEP MAKING YOUR STATE LOOK BAD.THERES SO MANY WV JOKE'S NOW BUT YOU GUY'S KEEP LETTING PEOPLE SEE HOW STUPID YOU REALLY ARE.MONEY IS IT WORTH IT?
kris

Winnipeg, Canada

#15 Jan 3, 2013
Shows good girls are smoke shows I think it will end up a hit on mtv
braxtongirl

Princeton, WV

#16 Jan 3, 2013
I live in braxton wv not everyone is a sell out they dnt even act like people I know.
Buck F--king Wild

Lebanon, VA

#17 Jan 3, 2013
Buck Wild is an amazing show and you people that diss it are the ones that are pissed because you're not able to be on the show. They're teenager-young adults let them live a little! Damnnnnnn! We all act ridiculous sometimes in our lives. West Virginia is a great state and I love the show! Tyler and Ashley are by far my favorites. Get over hating on them. It's ridiculous! STFU. Seriously.
Not a fan

Hurricane, WV

#18 Jan 3, 2013
Down right boring .... Unattractive classless show cast .... I'm praying most of this is scripted or they are really good actors but doubt it ...... Snooze version of the shore meets honey boo boo only boring

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#19 Jan 4, 2013
Not a fan wrote:
Down right boring .... Unattractive classless show cast .... I'm praying most of this is scripted or they are really good actors but doubt it ...... Snooze version of the shore meets honey boo boo only boring
They aren't actors if that's what your implying.
Fuh Q

Duluth, GA

#20 Jan 4, 2013
Buck F--king Wild wrote:
Buck Wild is an amazing show and you people that diss it are the ones that are pissed because you're not able to be on the show. They're teenager-young adults let them live a little! Damnnnnnn! We all act ridiculous sometimes in our lives. West Virginia is a great state and I love the show! Tyler and Ashley are by far my favorites. Get over hating on them. It's ridiculous! STFU. Seriously.
It was an embarrassment...like a nightmare version of honey boo boo wanna be jersey shore. That Shane kid needs subtitles worse than boo boo's mom!
Funny

Richmond, VA

#21 Jan 4, 2013
Buck F--king Wild wrote:
I wouldn't have a bunch of harlots as my friends in the first place! Jealous of what, oh yeah the guy who needs subtitles??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Entertainment Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 53 min The world is waiting 306,971
Faith and mike chat room 1 hr Big mike 283
CGFF2015-- 4th China Guangzhou International Fl... 1 hr cola 1
'Duck Dynasty' wine: Will Bible Belt fans approve? (Nov '13) 1 hr David 297
Are ghosts real? (Dec '07) 2 hr Ste 180
Optimism will prevail despite criticism of upda... 3 hr PERVY 1
Gloucester student challenges new transgender p... 3 hr meh 1
More from around the web