Mom left 'Raven' in dispute

Mom left 'Raven' in dispute

There are 221 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Sep 4, 2006, titled Mom left 'Raven' in dispute. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Question: My sister and I were wondering what happened to the woman who played Raven's mom on the Disney Channel show 'That's So Raven.' Answer: T'Keyah Crystal Keymah, who played Tanya Baxter, left the show ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

TKeyah Keymah or Tonya

AOL

#23 Dec 2, 2006
I THINK I SHOULD STAY!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS THE REAL DEAL IM TONYA BAXTER IF YOU DONT BELIEVE THAN THINK WUT YOU THINK
adam

Henderson, NV

#24 Dec 7, 2006
i think they should keep the old mom caus eu no it make so much more sence that the dad gets remarried by someone else and divorce the mom for going to london that wont make sence either get the old mom or get a new mom and say its tanya they do that whith all the shows and if cory in the house canncells thats so raven i will be pissed off they said there was going to be another two seasons
Katie Kentucky age-15

Dalhart, TX

#27 Dec 13, 2006
It really sucks that she left, she played Tanya I thought very well. But you know she didnt have a big role at all because it took me a while to realize that she was even gone. But it puts the cast and crew in a very uncomfortable place, I mean no one is ever gonna believe that she went to law school for like a ever! And do you notice that that the cast doesn't even acknoledge her at her "law school", they dont even mention her. You would think that they would talk about her and say how much they miss her n' stuff. That girl I think made a mistake jus walking away as she did, it took away from the show! Anyway I would love to see her come back, but thats not gonna happen. Well Happy Holidays everyone. TTYL
jessica

Dalhart, TX

#28 Dec 23, 2006
i think that she probabley like got in a car crash or like some thing bad but really i liked it when she was in the show then it would be a real family again but what ever
Breanna Nicole

Newark, NJ

#29 Dec 24, 2006
i agree wit all ya who said dey need the old mom baq!!!!!!!!!! dats mad f-ING dumb y da helL would they make her stay in britian 4 this long they minuse well had killed her off the show or sum ISH or they should juss get a f-In replacement n IM PISSED ABOUT THE NEW SHOW CORY IN THE HOUSE WTF ITS LIKE THEY TAKEN THATS SO RAVEN AWAY IM GONNA BE F-in PISSED IF THEY CANCEL THE SHOW CUZ THATS THE ONLi F-IN SHOW I WATCH ON DISNEY CHANNEL!!!!!!!!!
Breanna Nicole

Newark, NJ

#30 Dec 24, 2006
i agree wit all ya who said dey need the old mom baq!!!!!!!!!! dats mad f-IN dumb y da heKS would they make her stay in britian 4 this long they minuse well had killed her off the show or sum ISH or they should juss get a f-IN replacement n IM PISSED ABOUT THE NEW SHOW CORY IN THE HOUSE WTF ITS LIKE THEY TAKEN THATS SO RAVEN AWAY IM GONNA BE F-IN PISSED IF THEY CANCEL THE SHOW CUZ THATS THE ONLi F-IN SHOW I WATCH ON DISNEY CHANNEL!!!!!!!!!
kayla

AOL

#31 Dec 28, 2006
CP of London wrote:
<quoted text>
How rude! What's the size of anyone's butt got to do with anything? Actors/actresses leave shows all the time when they feel their roles are not doing what they think they should be doing. Get over it, it's irrelevant. If you're not into Raven, then don't watch it! Doh
I totally agree,i mean just because something happened dont go talkin bad about raven just because she's grown a little.Also i think that whoever wrote that is a little self conscious about their own rear end!
Cassandraaaa

Fort Plain, NY

#32 Dec 29, 2006
Almost all of us agree on the same thing; we wish Tanya was back on the show but we don't know exactly why she left. Well, no of us really know why, and it was probably either because she wasn't going anywhere in her career and she wasn't happy with her role, OR because there was a dispute between her and the producers, because that happens a lot in show biz. Anywayz, if someone knows which one of those things it is, please writeee. If not, please be happy with what we know right now, and STOP all the fighting.:] Thnx.:]

Oh, and it doesnt matter how old i get;; I can like disney channel shows as long as I want.:]
Including That's So Raven and Hannah Montana.
Hahaha.
Cassandraaaa

Fort Plain, NY

#33 Dec 29, 2006
OK, i just did some more research and this is what I found on this one imDb website...
"It is said that the reason behind this is because Keymáh wanted to leave the show because she thought the show and her character were going nowhere. In a dispute with the producers she decided to quit because of her low salary and character's reputation."

Okay so that is what you are all looking for, and I found it.. is everyone happy now?
I hope so.:]
Great..byebye <33
CHRISTINA

Narberth, PA

#34 Dec 29, 2006
WELL I HEARD THAT RAVEN MOM OFF OF THATS SO RAVEN I HEARD HER AND THE PEOPLE WHO WORK BEHIND SENCES
HAD GOT INTO A FUED AND THAT SHE WASNT SHOWING UP TO ALL THE ALL THE SHOWS ARE TABLE READINGS THAT SHE WAZ SUPPOSE TO SO DEY FIRED HER ...THIS IS WHAT I READ ON ONE OF THE WEBSITES
Cassandraaaa

Fort Plain, NY

#35 Dec 30, 2006
If the producers had kept her on this long, then they must have thought that she had a decent character to keep paying her for it. She quit, like i said above. And if she really had gotten fired, more people would know about it than if she quit.

And pleeasee, you don't have connections to the people working behind scenes. If you did, you wouldn't be wasting your time writing blogs on here.
:-]....<333
650redwoodcity da bom

Allentown, PA

#36 Jan 1, 2007
Samantha wrote:
<quoted text>
ok raven and and her family still "acts"6?
i think u should shut up Samantha because people have their own opinion so ya shut the f**
** up!!
ravens co-worker

AOL

#37 Jan 2, 2007
Cassandra Linger wrote:
Okay i heard that Raven's mom quit because her character was going no where. Another thing that i heard was that she was fired for saying her character was useless. How could she say that her character was "useless" or "was going nowhere"? And how can they expect her to be in london for a long time during "law school". Next year they said that they will have a new show called "Corey in the House" and this time Corey will be the main character, but what will happen to Raven? Will her "dad" get married again? Maybe some questions won't be answered until we see the new show. Or maybe there WON"T be a new show...
well there is going to be cory in the house, rumor has it that raven, chelsea, eddie are supposed to be off at college but che will do a guest star.
raven mother quit because she said that the career wasn't taking her anywhere and her role was flat as in not moving on promoting her to newer things!!!!
ravens fan

AOL

#38 Jan 2, 2007
TKeyah Keymah or Tonya wrote:
I THINK I SHOULD STAY!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS THE REAL DEAL IM TONYA BAXTER IF YOU DONT BELIEVE THAN THINK WUT YOU THINK
you liar cause you didn't even put your apostophe in your name and T'keyah is my auntie or my dads sister whichever way you want to put it she didn't even want to stay cause she told me she was quitting because her role wasn't taking her anywhere
Alyssa

AOL

#39 Jan 2, 2007
hey yous,
i think that all of you who're talking about raven-symone needs to go and get a life, cause it does'nt matter what size clothes she wears or what her race is all that matters is that she is a human being.And i bet all of you would be dying to meet raven i'm taking it in consideration for those who might not like what raven stands for but all you other haters go get a life cause i'm not buying anything you're saying about raven. Raven might be in plus sizes or what ever you say i've been a fan of raven and still is one. I think that all of you shouldn't judge a book by its cover and just so you know i love raven as a person. Even though raven fat its because shes pregnant. So please leave Raven alone.

Sincerely,
Alyssa
Christina

Edmond, OK

#40 Jan 11, 2007
Okay, for real...i love thats so raven, its my favorite tv show on disney. That so raven is getting into things that i can relate to. Trying to balance school, still wanting to look cute, but needing money. Raven is a beautiful girl, forget her size...if you had a bunch of skinny girls, then the youth will think that is what they have to be. Next thing you know it kids are going to be shoving their fingers down their throat to bring up last night's dinner. Is that what you would want your children to see? Cory in the House doesnt seem to be my kind of show...but i'lla watch it once to see if i like it. You cant shut something out until you try it. Now advice on the "mom" situation. Make it like a real life situation. Family members die everyday, why cant you teach a child the reality of "death". Dont you think it will hurt them more when they are unaware? And to the people writing such foul things about people, what is wrong with you? Do you have any manners? Everyone is not perfect, but you make yourself look uglier when you try to put people down. Why do you have to be so negative. If your hatful all the time, when do you have time for positive things? People who uses foul language should pick up a bible and pray that their children dont grow to be like them. Keep thats so raven, your going to disappoint alot of viewers
grabster

Mira Loma, CA

#41 Jan 11, 2007
If you read about the raven show the mom is producing and directing movies for the year 2007. She has her own company.
Cassandra Linger wrote:
Okay i heard that Raven's mom quit because her character was going no where. Another thing that i heard was that she was fired for saying her character was useless. How could she say that her character was "useless" or "was going nowhere"? And how can they expect her to be in london for a long time during "law school". Next year they said that they will have a new show called "Corey in the House" and this time Corey will be the main character, but what will happen to Raven? Will her "dad" get married again? Maybe some questions won't be answered until we see the new show. Or maybe there WON"T be a new show...
grabster

Mira Loma, CA

#42 Jan 11, 2007
If you read Raven shows the mom has her own company and is producing and directing for movies to be coming in 2007.
tia

Acworth, GA

#43 Jan 13, 2007
raven symone is having a baby so everybody just shut the f*** up raven stop putting your stf ok bye
and do your thang
Katie

Portland, OR

#45 Jan 15, 2007
This is seriously messed up, man!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Entertainment Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sebastian Bach recalls his debauched youth in n... 3 hr T Bone 3
News Democrats hope to send Trump, Republicans a mes... 4 hr Cordwainer Trout 9
News CBC changes mind, plans to reair the Tragically... 6 hr Gord 1
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 6 hr silly rabbit 314,353
News Grab a Pussy!': PETA Billboards Urging Pet Adop... (Oct '16) 6 hr Squach 1,277
News GLAAD studio study no hooray for Hollywood 6 hr Evilgelicalling 3
News Emory Professor Carol Anderson on "White Rage: ... 9 hr lol 7
More from around the web