Investigator holding out hope for Jon...

Investigator holding out hope for JonBenet arrest

There are 51 comments on the KATV Little Rock story from Jul 19, 2012, titled Investigator holding out hope for JonBenet arrest. In it, KATV Little Rock reports that:

A former district attorney lead investigator on the JonBenet Ramsey murder case says he's still hoping the case will be solved.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KATV Little Rock.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#1 Jul 19, 2012
I am confused by the title of this article, "Investigator holding out hope for JonBenet arrest". I was (am) under the impression that Kolar believes Patsy was responsible for JonBenet's death. Perhaps, though, he also believes John played a role, hence, "hope for JonBenet arrest"? Staging, a cover-up, etc.?

Did Kolar describe his theory in his interview w/T last night? I tuned in the first 30 minutes or so, but was unable to listen the full two hours. Most of the information shared was with regard to the evidentiary DNA and the RN. I certainly didn't gain much as I stopped a quarter of the way into the interview...:o/

This statement is also perplexing, IMO:
"James Kolar has written a book saying evidence raises questions an intruder was responsible."

I interpret the statement as meaning there is evidence indicating an intruder WAS responsible. Although, shouldn't the statement indicate that Kolar suggests "evidence raises question an intruder was [NOT] responsible." I guess the statement IS rather vague, and open to interpretation?...

Based on what I know w/regard to Kolar's theory, the article seems to be a bit "off" and even contradictory. Might the journalist be uninformed? Did Kolar elaborate on any information contained within the article and on the article's title, itself, during last night's interview?

If I am able to listen to more of the show today, I assuredly will. Although, two hours of listening, intently, will not work with my IRL schedule. So, I would be very appreciative of any help or guidance one may offer as to which portions (times) of the show that are most pertinent to my inquiries...

“WAX ON”

Since: Jul 10

WAX OFF

#2 Jul 19, 2012
He is saying just the opposite.
Mama2JML wrote:
This statement is also perplexing, IMO:
"James Kolar has written a book saying evidence raises questions an intruder was responsible."
I interpret the statement as meaning there is evidence indicating an intruder WAS responsible.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#3 Jul 19, 2012
DrSeussMd wrote:
<quoted text>He is saying just the opposite.
My point is/was, the article seems vague, somewhat misleading, and not exactly representative of Kolar's theory.

You and I (and other JBR case forum posters) realize Kolar discounts IDI theories. Although, most of us have not been made completely aware of his hypotheses...

The statement I quoted is left open to interpretation and, IMO, would lead many (non-JBR case forum posters) to believe Kolar leans IDI. Those who read the article, but lack prior knowledge, may interpret the contents as alluding to Kolar's theory being inclusive of IDI elements, and from the title, "hope for JonBenet arrest", assume the book discounts elements of PDI theories. His theory IS mainly PDI, correct?...

“WAX ON”

Since: Jul 10

WAX OFF

#4 Jul 19, 2012
The title could have been written better, I'll give you that!
Mama2JML wrote:
<quoted text>
My point is/was, the article seems vague, somewhat misleading, and not exactly representative of Kolar's theory.
You and I (and other JBR case forum posters) realize Kolar discounts IDI theories. Although, most of us have not been made completely aware of his hypotheses...
The statement I quoted is left open to interpretation and, IMO, would lead many (non-JBR case forum posters) to believe Kolar leans IDI. Those who read the article, but lack prior knowledge, may interpret the contents as alluding to Kolar's theory being inclusive of IDI elements, and from the title, "hope for JonBenet arrest", assume the book discounts elements of PDI theories. His theory IS mainly PDI, correct?...

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#5 Jul 19, 2012
DrSeussMd wrote:
<quoted text>The title could have been written better, I'll give you that!
Thanks, Seuss. Lol. I guess I'll take what I can get. ;o)
Trisha

United States

#6 Aug 24, 2012
All the theories in the world will not solve this case. Only a DNA match. I understand from the Lou Smit Investigation, that the DNA was viable and had all markers. It has also been retested with more definitive markers and detected a caucasian male matched in 3 places on JBR's body. None of the Ramsey's or family members matched. How can a RDI theory, no matter how interesting, be possible? The killer could be dead, in a foreign country, or not a felon who donated his DNA. He could have been very young at that time, the only crime he ever committed or slipped through the cracks, while everyone was busy concentrating on the RDI theory.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#7 Aug 27, 2012
Lou Smit was a dishonest crack pot. He was too short to join the police force 'honorably' so had his cousin hit him on the head to make a swelling and make him taller. Watch the few minutes of the basement video to see all the lies he promoted.

The DNA was old, degraded and incomplete. The basement where the body was found was a filthy dirty pigsty and it looked like the family were hoarders. No telling whose clothing was put on the body, it was size 14 on a size 6 child.

The Ramsey children were exhibiting signs of extreme distress. They were acting out before the death but nobody said anything. Their behavior was off the wall pathological. Feces were found in Jonbenet's room in a pair of underwear and smeared on a box of candy plus a pair of Burke's pajamas were found with a bowel movement in them. Two housekeepers verified this was an issue.

Given the dysfunction it's most likely Jonbenet was killed by Burke than anyone else. Nobody else was so upset with Patsy and Jonbenet they were leaving bowel movements as messages. The only thing that could have been more disturbing would be if the Ramsey family were cannibals.

“May you all come home”

Since: Mar 07

safely Bless you all

#8 Aug 27, 2012
moonjack wrote:
Lou Smit was a dishonest crack pot. He was too short to join the police force 'honorably' so had his cousin hit him on the head to make a swelling and make him taller. Watch the few minutes of the basement video to see all the lies he promoted.
The DNA was old, degraded and incomplete. The basement where the body was found was a filthy dirty pigsty and it looked like the family were hoarders. No telling whose clothing was put on the body, it was size 14 on a size 6 child.
The Ramsey children were exhibiting signs of extreme distress. They were acting out before the death but nobody said anything. Their behavior was off the wall pathological. Feces were found in Jonbenet's room in a pair of underwear and smeared on a box of candy plus a pair of Burke's pajamas were found with a bowel movement in them. Two housekeepers verified this was an issue.
Given the dysfunction it's most likely Jonbenet was killed by Burke than anyone else. Nobody else was so upset with Patsy and Jonbenet they were leaving bowel movements as messages. The only thing that could have been more disturbing would be if the Ramsey family were cannibals.
Patsy, like in other areas of her life, was probably playing house. She had no interest or experience in keeping a house or raising children properly. She probably thought the house was easy to care for by just "hiring people" to do it for her like most other areas of her life; just get and pay for someone else to do it as she couldn't keep a house properly.

What she really needed was a proper NANNY to raise her kids too

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#9 Aug 27, 2012
The information about feces from Kolar is like finding out the Titanic sailed with a hole already in the hull.

IF Smit was 'dishonest' enough to have joined the force like that he would have been dishonest in other avenues as well. It's possible Hunter 'had' something on him and Lou had to play along. Their paths would have crossed before Jonbenet's death.

IMO The arrest Kolar is looking for is inclusive of all the people involed in covering for this disturbing death.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#10 Aug 27, 2012
Trisha wrote:
All the theories in the world will not solve this case.
The only thing that will close this case is for Burke and John Ramsey to be honest and forward in interviews about the dysfunction that was in the family. It's behavior so disturbing they can't think about it let alone discuss it. John has to make up lies to live with himself. It's not something that would have allowed Burke Ramsey to mature into an emotionaly healthy adult without professional help.

It's sad that so much money and resources were spent on such an insignificant family.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#11 Aug 27, 2012
moonjack wrote:
The only thing that could have been more disturbing would be if the Ramsey family were cannibals.
I thought of something that would have been more disturbing, if Patsy had been raising and dressing Burke as a girl and making him work the pageants.
Terrance

Waterloo, Canada

#12 Oct 7, 2012
Trisha wrote:
All the theories in the world will not solve this case. Only a DNA match. I understand from the Lou Smit Investigation, that the DNA was viable and had all markers. It has also been retested with more definitive markers and detected a caucasian male matched in 3 places on JBR's body. None of the Ramsey's or family members matched. How can a RDI theory, no matter how interesting, be possible? The killer could be dead, in a foreign country, or not a felon who donated his DNA. He could have been very young at that time, the only crime he ever committed or slipped through the cracks, while everyone was busy concentrating on the RDI theory.
You got to be stupid. It was a take out by a local faction.
Terrance

Waterloo, Canada

#13 Oct 7, 2012
Capricorn wrote:
<quoted text>
Patsy, like in other areas of her life, was probably playing house. She had no interest or experience in keeping a house or raising children properly. She probably thought the house was easy to care for by just "hiring people" to do it for her like most other areas of her life; just get and pay for someone else to do it as she couldn't keep a house properly.
What she really needed was a proper NANNY to raise her kids too
What do you know about playing house and surviving cancer all in one shot. Nil
Stop blaring false truths in order to make Tricia a few bucks. I know your market: most people are good but they are stupid.
Terrance

Waterloo, Canada

#14 Oct 7, 2012
moonjack wrote:
Lou Smit was a dishonest crack pot. He was too short to join the police force 'honorably' so had his cousin hit him on the head to make a swelling and make him taller. Watch the few minutes of the basement video to see all the lies he promoted.
The DNA was old, degraded and incomplete. The basement where the body was found was a filthy dirty pigsty and it looked like the family were hoarders. No telling whose clothing was put on the body, it was size 14 on a size 6 child.

The Ramsey children were exhibiting signs of extreme distress. They were acting out before the death but nobody said anything. Their behavior was off the wall pathological. Feces were found in Jonbenet's room in a pair of underwear and smeared on a box of candy plus a pair of Burke's pajamas were found with a bowel movement in them. Two housekeepers verified this was an issue.
Given the dysfunction it's most likely Jonbenet was killed by Burke than anyone else. Nobody else was so upset with Patsy and Jonbenet they were leaving bowel movements as messages. The only thing that could have been more disturbing would be if the Ramsey family were cannibals.
In the honour of Lou Smit, I will not let this lie. How dare you tell an outright vicious lie of a truly sworn detective who served all of his life and never made a buck off a book like Thomas or Kolar! Get real!

A minor toileting issue does not a murderer make. I know, its just money. Hope you had a nice dinner at Pasta Jays, Tricia. Me, I join my brothers in construction on site in the muck or mud. You are a paper phony! Next thing you will be taxing us!

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#15 Oct 7, 2012
Sorry Terrance; your disinformation won't cut it.

Either Smit was incompetent and honest, or he was competent and willingly fabricated intruder evidence out of artifact to aid the child molester and killer from getting away.

Patsy wrote the note. If you can't see that with your own eyes, you are in way over your head.

Smit either knew that and helped her get away with her involvement in this murder, or he didn't and that would make him way over his head.

And that's just for starters.

The jig is up. The Ramseys were the molesters and the killers, but they got away with it.

You should be happy, since you aren't interested in the truth anyway. All IDIs ever do is defend Team Ramsey, no matter how much they are on the record, in their own words admitting to obstructing the investigation of their child's murder. No matter how much evidence leads to them, to their home, to their bodies and clothing, you don't care: just make up an intruder because god knows, there's no DNA anywhere at any crime scene that didn't come from close personal contact.

So, as Kolar wrote, hello foreign faction of six. Why Team Ramsey isn't loving that fantasy, I have no idea.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#16 Oct 7, 2012
Typo correction: Either Smit was incompetent and honest, or he was competent and willingly fabricated intruder evidence out of artifact to aid the child molester and killer IN getting away.

“May you all come home”

Since: Mar 07

safely Bless you all

#17 Oct 8, 2012
koldkase wrote:
Typo correction: Either Smit was incompetent and honest, or he was competent and willingly fabricated intruder evidence out of artifact to aid the child molester and killer IN getting away.
Up until the video of the basement I really believed, and was in the minority, that Smit was incompetent and honest. After watching the video, I believe now that he was competent and willingly fabricated intruder evidence as well as misdirect the public

I gave him the benefit of the doubt, but he proved me wrong

Since: Sep 11

Alberton, South Africa

#19 Oct 8, 2012
The "jig" will be up when someone is convicted in a court of law. Thankfully we live in a civilized society where someone's "guilt" is not determined by a kangaroo court headed by a few amateur sleuths on the Internet and a rookie homicide investigator with a grand total of eight months' experience.

“May you all come home”

Since: Mar 07

safely Bless you all

#20 Oct 8, 2012
Are you saying that the UK and "South Africa" are not civilized countries? The kangaroo courts from both you and henri would seem to confirm that for the board

I suppose you have already spoken to henri about his FW kangaroo courtÖ.nah, never mind. He is one of your #1s so I doubt it. Have you spoken to any of the other IDIís who have named suspects about the kangaroo courts? We have Fleet White, John Mark Karr, Gigax, Santa Bill, etc. etc

I didnít think so. Tsk, tsk. Very hypocritical dontcha think? Not unexpected; just hypocritical

“WAX ON”

Since: Jul 10

WAX OFF

#21 Oct 8, 2012
Stop demeaning everyone you don't like in the investigation, it is getting old.

The JIG IS UP and THE FAT LADY ALREADY SANG - this case will never be prosecuted.

Back to your armchair now, ok?

You must have meant 8 months on THIS CASE because had Kolar had been in law enforcement for 28 years before being assigned lead investigator on the Ramsey case under former DA Mary Lacy in 2004. Do the math - 36 years in LE and you can't come up with anything better than rookie? LOL

Read more: Former Boulder DA investigator writes JonBenet Ramsey book - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_21107094/fo...
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
Lynette 22 wrote:
The "jig" will be up when someone is convicted in a court of law. Thankfully we live in a civilized society where someone's "guilt" is not determined by a kangaroo court headed by a few amateur sleuths on the Internet and a rookie homicide investigator with a grand total of eight months' experience.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Entertainment Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 41 min John-K 313,996
News Grab a Pussy!': PETA Billboards Urging Pet Adop... (Oct '16) 57 min Common Sense 1,156
News Youa ll have to drive to Atlanta to hear this f... 1 hr Harry 1
News 'Yep, I'm Gay': Happy 20th out anniversary, Ell... 1 hr DebraE 11
News Atmospheric CO2 Levels Reach Record 410 Parts P... 4 hr Frogface Kate 1
News Top 5 cringe-worthy 'Dr. Phil' moments 5 hr Peet 6
News SFFilm Festival focuses on women in cinema 5 hr Peet 4
More from around the web