Bill Cosby Goes Hip Hop With New Album

Apr 14, 2008 | Posted by: Top Ex Ed | Full story: news.columbian.com

The 70-year-old has recorded a hip-hop album set for release next month. "Cosby Narratives Vol. 1: State of Emergency" blends the comedian's concepts and stories with a hip-hop, pop and jazz soundtrack.

Comments
1 - 20 of 25 Comments Last updated Jul 11, 2008
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“I wanna be free...”

Since: Mar 08

Happyville

#2 Apr 15, 2008
Bill Cosbey is about 20 years behind fello comedian Rodney Dangerfield, who made a rap song 'No Respect' long long ago...Very crude video, in typical Rodney tradition..

Since: Apr 08

Delhi, India

#3 Apr 15, 2008
i wonder how it will turn out to be....

“Enough Drama”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#4 Apr 15, 2008
If it turns out to be bashing the poor or underpriviledge it will not get my money! Bill Cosby needs to clean up his act a bit more.

I am sure he can find some better things to do with his time.

“I wanna be free...”

Happyville

#5 Apr 15, 2008
dgshiner wrote:
If it turns out to be bashing the poor or underpriviledge it will not get my money! Bill Cosby needs to clean up his act a bit more.
I am sure he can find some better things to do with his time.
If the 'poor' and 'underprivalidged' would listen to him, they wouldn't be poor and underprivalidged.

Quick making excuses for the poor, if you truly cared for them you'de give them some tough love, and make them stand on their feet and walk...

And in the long run they'de thank you for it...

“You! What planet is this?”

Since: Apr 08

Rochester, NY

#6 Apr 15, 2008
I loved those banana JELLO Puddin Pops. If he can bring those back I'll play his album and even give one to everyone on my Christmas list this year.
PREACHERWOMAN

Overland Park, KS

#7 Apr 15, 2008
I think being the kind of life Bill has live he should keep his rapping to himself, He has never learned the old lesson that it's the life you live that speaks for you. If he wants to do something give to some-worthy causes and keep his mouth closed.
annie

Cocoa Beach, FL

#8 Apr 15, 2008
I always suspected that he was crazy this proves it.
Richard

Ocala, FL

#9 Apr 15, 2008
Bill Cosby is an angry black man. Being a rapper proves it
Bob

New Berlin, WI

#10 Apr 15, 2008
I think this might be a very good album for him. Hes very talented.
annie

Cocoa Beach, FL

#11 Apr 15, 2008
I wonder when pamela anderson is 70 if she'll take up pole dancing and make a how to video tape?no seriously I think he's talented but I want to see him rap live and onstage .Anyone could do this in a recording studio with enough time.

Since: Feb 08

Marrero,LA

#12 Apr 15, 2008
I can't wait to hear this

“I wanna be free...”

Happyville

#13 Apr 15, 2008
annie wrote:
I wonder when pamela anderson is 70 if she'll take up pole dancing and make a how to video tape?no seriously I think he's talented but I want to see him rap live and onstage .Anyone could do this in a recording studio with enough time.
How do you equate Bill Cosbey rapping about a positive message to pole dancing? Please tell me your not that ignorant...

“confirmer of false reckonings”

Since: Jan 08

Youngsville NC

#15 Apr 16, 2008
as long as the magic pen is in his video, I'm so there

“**** JOHN VIS ******* ”

Since: Sep 07

"bringin the heat"

#18 Apr 17, 2008
Cosby, who has acted strangley since his widely reported "Alien abduction" near Los Angeles in 2007, has also recently began "base jumping" at a locaol canyon , against the wishes of his doctors. Cosby, 72, claimed to be "abducted " by inhabitants of a "flying saucer" in May of 2007, who , he claims 'Told me to act even weirder than I usually do"

“I'm Joe Cool”

Since: Dec 07

Wasilla

#19 Apr 17, 2008
It's so sad when old poeple lose their minds........................

“I wanna be free...”

Happyville

#20 Apr 17, 2008
JG OP wrote:
Cosby, who has acted strangley since his widely reported "Alien abduction" near Los Angeles in 2007, has also recently began "base jumping" at a locaol canyon , against the wishes of his doctors. Cosby, 72, claimed to be "abducted " by inhabitants of a "flying saucer" in May of 2007, who , he claims 'Told me to act even weirder than I usually do"
Ye, so what, we're all wierd, Im sure If I could hang a camera in your room, you'de have some explaining to do yourself...
Schmetterling

Sacramento, CA

#21 Apr 17, 2008
is he gonna be dancing like the gang-bangers ?

There is a wanted poster out for this old geezer.
He apparently escaped from the Cukoos Nest Sanitarium.

Perhaps he was abducted again by an alien space craft.

“I wanna be free...”

Happyville

#22 Apr 18, 2008
Schmetterling wrote:
is he gonna be dancing like the gang-bangers ?
There is a wanted poster out for this old geezer.
He apparently escaped from the Cukoos Nest Sanitarium.
Perhaps he was abducted again by an alien space craft.
Get it through your head, rap can be whatever the author wants it to be...

One can rap to the melody of Beetoven if one chooses....rap is just poetry to a beat or rythmn...you can rap about positive things also,
sorry that your only exposure to rap is negitave vile street rap..

“**** JOHN VIS ******* ”

Since: Sep 07

"bringin the heat"

#23 Apr 18, 2008
cute guys wrote:
<quoted text>Get it through your head, rap can be whatever the author wants it to be...
One can rap to the melody of Beetoven if one chooses....rap is just poetry to a beat or rythmn...you can rap about positive things also,
sorry that your only exposure to rap is negitave vile street rap..
Ba doom Boom Doom Doom DA Da Doom Ba -Doomda Doom Doommbaadaa Doom . Wow...I just wrote A Million seller and its all about whatever I want it to be and stuff......
cosby fan

Kokomo, IN

#24 Apr 18, 2008
go bill go bill you r r r r rock like a sock, do your thing and make more bling. go bill go bil---------bill is a brilliant man who has done his best to bring strength, morality, family, more respect for his race etc etc and somehow makes you laugh your ass off while hes doing it who cares if he thinks hes been abducted, hes 70 plus years old. my dad is 70 plus, and wets himself in his recliner, now thats disturbing. go bill go bill go bill go bill

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Entertainment Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 11 min SevenTee 305,486
UFO Memo Tops FBI's Most-Viewed List (Jan '14) 1 hr Jaimie 17
Come to a drop-in meditation class in Hayward! 1 hr meditationinhayward 1
Demi Lovato applauds Kim Kardashian for revolut... 1 hr What 13
Britney Spears (Oct '08) 3 hr Big mike 95
Can pop stars call themselves feminists? 3 hr Big mike 5
What's your favorite movie of 2014? 3 hr Big mike 158
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000