Big Bird, 1-percenter

Big Bird, 1-percenter

There are 200 comments on the New York Post story from Oct 6, 2012, titled Big Bird, 1-percenter. In it, New York Post reports that:

Team Obama, desperate to salvage something from Wednesday's debate debacle, seized on Mitt Romney's call to end PBS' taxpayer subsidy.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Post.

Liberty Warrior

Indianapolis, IN

#64 Oct 6, 2012
PBS sells toys and videos and has commercials. They can be self sustaining. On NJ, Governor Christie Christie ended subsidies to our public tv stations. He stated that iIt seemed to be strange that New Jersey state government was still in the business of television. I always watched the station. He also gave good riddance to the NJ Nets. He said to the Nets, "You don't want to stay, we don't want you!" We need to stop spending our taxpayer money on entertainment. Let them pay for themselves. So yes Stop giving money to Big Bird.
Responsibility

Redwood City, CA

#65 Oct 6, 2012
indy wrote:
<quoted text
A lazy person blames his tools - buy a new keyboard and stop whining and making excuses for your ignorance.

Some of your parents should have weaned you off fux at an early age and you should have watched Big Bird got some semblance of intelligence.

Poor america - poor romney
SNOOpy Dog

Philadelphia, PA

#66 Oct 6, 2012
we's gonna be's rapin;s white women

get me a heinekin..no tip

Since: May 10

Mckeesport, PA

#68 Oct 6, 2012
indy wrote:
<quoted text>...just tax dems for it....
NOT A GOOD IDEA MOST OF THAT WOULD BE OUR OWN TAX DOLLARS GOING INTO IT ANY WAY!

Since: May 10

Mckeesport, PA

#69 Oct 6, 2012
Liberty Warrior wrote:
PBS sells toys and videos and has commercials. They can be self sustaining. On NJ, Governor Christie Christie ended subsidies to our public tv stations. He stated that iIt seemed to be strange that New Jersey state government was still in the business of television. I always watched the station. He also gave good riddance to the NJ Nets. He said to the Nets, "You don't want to stay, we don't want you!" We need to stop spending our taxpayer money on entertainment. Let them pay for themselves. So yes Stop giving money to Big Bird.
Multi million dollar business and they still want welfare from the tax payers!
OBAMA 2012

La Puente, CA

#70 Oct 6, 2012
Cat74 wrote:
Son, you have a lot more to worry about then my spelling. You might have to get a real job. Oh, no!!!
That's a comeback? You DO need a dicktionary (misspelled purposely...I know you need that explanation)!
American voter

Rochester, MN

#72 Oct 6, 2012
Does Welfare Diminish Poverty?
http://www.thefreemanonline.org/columns/does-...
rider

Gwinn, MI

#74 Oct 6, 2012
The Overthrow of Democratic Chile Part 1
Cat74

United States

#75 Oct 6, 2012
I am sure you get my message no matter how it is spelled, and I am not alone. Millions of peole just like me are about to show you how it is done. You will have all new leaders, and You might have to get a job, and pay taxes like the rest of us. Horrors!!!!
Cat74

United States

#76 Oct 6, 2012
I think Big bird should pay taxes as well. Maybe we will have a Republican big bird that makes Big Bird go to work.
indy

Jacksonville, FL

#77 Oct 6, 2012
Responsibility wrote:
Does ROmney want to outsource (or is it offshore) Big Bird to China? LOLL.
ROmney's comment about Big Bird at the debate was about as inane as Palin's wink wink!
..it sure seems to be a huge concern for the admin..... lets focus on big bird, libya and alqeada is just something bush made up right....? priorities...libs=big bird...others=reality.... libs live a sesame st life...
indy

Jacksonville, FL

#78 Oct 6, 2012
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
A lazy person blames his tools - buy a new keyboard and stop whining and making excuses for your ignorance.
Some of your parents should have weaned you off fux at an early age and you should have watched Big Bird got some semblance of intelligence.
Poor america - poor romney
...thanx for the advice... ill pass it on to oblamer.... some of my parents? i only had 2, mom and dad...how many did u have btw? am i spelling idiot lib correctly? and whats fux?.... maybe u should go fux yourself???....lazy asses vote for free obamastuff... i dont.... how much do u get??
indy

Jacksonville, FL

#79 Oct 6, 2012
KNOW 1 CARES wrote:
<quoted text>
Multi million dollar business and they still want welfare from the tax payers!
...i thought the left was against big rich evil corporations?.... and bb, is a 1% er for sure... i bet if bb was a big white repub bird, theyd be calling him all sorts of names... i guess because he is of color, the left thinks he needs extra help.... how offensive, no wonder he cant fly, what does the left do that flies anyway, beside bullshit..... i wonder how michelle feels about his buddy the cookie monster telling kids to get fat on cookies, and rot their teeth?...lol... i thought she was against all that.....silly libs
rennie

United States

#80 Oct 7, 2012
Liberals have expressed far more outrage concerning
Big Bird, a giant yellow mascot for Sesame Street than they're expressed for the murder of a US Ambassador inside the US Embassy which technically is on US soil and is considered an act of war. Big Bird is a nice guy whose existence could be insured for eternity through the donations to NPR, National Public Radio, that exists on private donations; whereas, the murder of a US Ambassador and the subsequent denial of its significance in the big scheme of global politics is a sad commentary on the Obama Administration and the US population for downplaying its ramifications.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#81 Oct 7, 2012
rennie wrote:
Liberals have expressed far more outrage concerning
Big Bird, a giant yellow mascot for Sesame Street than they're expressed for the murder of a US Ambassador inside the US Embassy which technically is on US soil and is considered an act of war. Big Bird is a nice guy whose existence could be insured for eternity through the donations to NPR, National Public Radio, that exists on private donations; whereas, the murder of a US Ambassador and the subsequent denial of its significance in the big scheme of global politics is a sad commentary on the Obama Administration and the US population for downplaying its ramifications.
And you're surprised?

BIG... BIRD.

Small words they can handle.
No Mo Obamas

Los Angeles, CA

#82 Oct 7, 2012
Wisdom over Dem Stupidity wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's their Financial Records for 2011... They Don't Need TAXPAYER MONEY...
http://www.cpb.org/aboutcpb/financials/990/cp...
Read their Balance Sheet on Page 11. This corporation is sitting on Million$.
All the celebrities who donated to Barack Obama's campaign can just dig in and give PBS a matching donation if they care so much.
serfs up

Melbourne, FL

#83 Oct 7, 2012
Cat74 wrote:
I am sure you get my message no matter how it is spelled, and I am not alone. Millions of peole just like me are about to show you how it is done. You will have all new leaders, and You might have to get a job, and pay taxes like the rest of us. Horrors!!!!
With progressives, their heroes are men and women who are like cartoon characters. Yet they take the time to correct spelling and other flaws they find in people who disagree with them. I don't watch outspoken progressives on television anymore, nor will I pay for their movies although I will watch them for nothing. Madonna, Snoop Dog, and practically all the others are minor league compared to Eastwood. And Eastwood spoke with eloquence. Imagined if he spoke their way. They stole middle class people's wealth and lowered the bar to the gutter and it is not enough. According to them, the problems are caused by others. Will if individuals think like a cartoon, then I suppose it is easy to spew the garbage out. In November, Repubs will be spouting...."Thats all folks"!
Responsibility

Redwood City, CA

#84 Oct 7, 2012
indy wrote:
<quoted text>.. lets focus on big bird,
Dear, your silly candidate ROmney brought up Big Bird in the debate - turn up the sound and listen.
Responsibility

Redwood City, CA

#85 Oct 7, 2012
rennie wrote:
Liberals have expressed far more outrage concerning Big Bird,
Rennie, dear, stop whining. Big Bird was brought up in the debate by the shifty, stiff ROmney and he thought that was "important" enough at that time.

The murder of our ambassador is serious and has been "erxpressed" since it happened.

Perhaps the next Romney bumper sticker should include Clint Eastwood, Ted Nugent and Big Bird as symbols of the republicant party!

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#86 Oct 7, 2012
Sunobia wrote:
<quoted text>There isn't an intellectual in your entire neanderthal party. You all hate research, hate reading unless it's some right-wing lying bs that fits into your illiterate mindsets. India and China are beating our asses in the education field and you retards want to mess with a program that educates children because you hate knowledge and want everyone to be as STUPID as you all are. Not a critical thinker in the entire lot. A party of illiterate IDIOTS!
BOUNCE: R 49% O 47%

8-point shift for Romney in Colorado...

Romney raises $12 million in 48 hours...

OBAMA RAISES $181 MILLION IN SEPT -- JUST 2% OF DONATIONS REPORTABLE...
----------
Super PAC Donor on Obama:'Looks Like He Took My Million and Spent it All on Weed'...

TEAM OBAMA BLAMES JOHN KERRY FOR DEBATE LOSS...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Entertainment Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pink's daughter Willow Sage doesn't like her mo... 1 hr kelly 1
News Heartless Hillary Laughed At Rape Case 3 hr Carla 4
News Sources: KTVK drops 'Good Morning Arizona' pers... (Mar '09) 7 hr Phil 862
News Could Gangs Be Invading Kentucky? (Apr '06) 8 hr hiphoper01 1,103
---*PHOTO of ANTICHRIST 'seated' in TEMPLE 9 hr RevelationInPlain... 1
News From Amish to Ozarks, not the same old stories (Jun '08) 12 hr Maringrove Beast 28
News What's Going On 16 hr bozo 1
More from around the web