Is wearing a neck tie going the way o...

Is wearing a neck tie going the way of the dinosaurs?

There are 28 comments on the Lake County Record-Bee story from Sep 12, 2008, titled Is wearing a neck tie going the way of the dinosaurs?. In it, Lake County Record-Bee reports that:

Is wearing a neck tie going the way of the dinosaurs? I recently discovered that I'm part of an endangered species.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lake County Record-Bee.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
ZZ Top

Springfield, MO

#1 Sep 13, 2008
Sharp Dressed Man.
HAMMER

Battle Creek, MI

#3 Sep 13, 2008
ZZ Top wrote:
Sharp Dressed Man.
I agree zz ! Not bad for a lil troll !
lvv

Lower Lake, CA

#4 Sep 13, 2008
Agree..

I had a boss tell me a while back "neck ties and brains go hand in hand".
He was an Aerospace Engineer, a bow tie guy.
I think it all started with "casual Fridays".
Mewabe

Avon, IL

#5 Sep 14, 2008
I have never worn a tie in my life, not once (even in the army, I refused and paid the price for it and other stands against conforming). To each his own...if someone likes it, then I agree that it looks good on them. For me, it has negative connotations, such as being a symbol of servitude.
Furthermore, I can't stand physical constraints.
How could anyone stand a neck tie in the summer in this climate?
Well Good

Springfield, MO

#6 Sep 14, 2008
Mewabe wrote:
I have never worn a tie in my life, not once (even in the army, I refused and paid the price for it and other stands against conforming). To each his own...if someone likes it, then I agree that it looks good on them. For me, it has negative connotations, such as being a symbol of servitude.
Furthermore, I can't stand physical constraints.
How could anyone stand a neck tie in the summer in this climate?
Are you Osama Bin Laden living in a cave.
When did you learn to walk upright.
Do your knuckles still drag.
How is your Pre Hentsil tail doing.
I'll join the Army and be non compliant.
Your really a dummy.
But really how dumb is the question.
To be dumb or not to be dumb that is the question.
Mewabe

Avon, IL

#7 Sep 14, 2008
Living in a cave wouldn't be so bad, at least it would be free and naturally air conditioned and insulated. I did not join the army, numb skull, I was drafted when I was 19. I deserted, but was caught. I then systematically refused to obey any and all orders, took off one more time, and was finally kicked out after 2 years.
As far as being compliant, it's never been my style, and never will. That's why I still stand upright. Do you crawl?
Max

Pakistan

#8 Sep 14, 2008
My drama is very simple.He is no fight and no romance.My drama is very lessonful and peaceful.I saw a drama. One person is going to the road he saw many traffic he upset.He thought, What is traffic? But person is asking the traffic police.Your traffic rules is very bad.I am confuss this traffic.This traffic is very dangerous.But darama is very simple he gives the lesson.Many rules of life he going to this rules you successful in every way.
Well Good

Springfield, MO

#9 Sep 15, 2008
Mewabe wrote:
Living in a cave wouldn't be so bad, at least it would be free and naturally air conditioned and insulated. I did not join the army, numb skull, I was drafted when I was 19. I deserted, but was caught. I then systematically refused to obey any and all orders, took off one more time, and was finally kicked out after 2 years.
As far as being compliant, it's never been my style, and never will. That's why I still stand upright. Do you crawl?
You can't wear a neck tie in the front your neck tie is on your back it is the yellow spine of desertion.
You will live with it till the day you pass away.
You are a cosument coward.
jump in

Long Beach, CA

#10 Sep 16, 2008
looks like you can get a brand new Crash of the market tie,any day now
Ralph Orswell

Saint Petersburg, FL

#11 Sep 16, 2008
What real purpose does a necktie serve ?

- Kiss the boss's @ss by impression ?

- Increase the profits of the clothing industry every time a new style emerges ?

- A place to collect food spills or to wipe a runny nose ?

- Use as an emergency belt in the event a belt buckle breaks ?

- Shine shoes before a meeting ?

“youbeateverythin g youknowthat ”

Since: Apr 07

Buffalo, NY

#12 Sep 16, 2008
I wear a dinosaur necktie to bed..
Mewabe

Avon, IL

#13 Sep 16, 2008
Well Good wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't wear a neck tie in the front your neck tie is on your back it is the yellow spine of desertion.
You will live with it till the day you pass away.
You are a cosument coward.
First of all, sh-t face, you should learn to spell. Secondly, no, I am not a coward, because I deserted in peace time, so I was not running away from combat, but from the BS that the military teaches. I stood for my own principles and paid the price for it...unlike most who were drafted, I did not recognize the authority of the military over me. My body, my mind, do not belong to the freaking government, period.
And if I needed to defend my family or fight an enemy, I wouldn't need to wear a freaking uniform to do it.
I do feel sorry for those who get killed or die for the military industrial complex, fighting wars against enemies who never attacked us.
Mewabe

Avon, IL

#14 Sep 16, 2008
I meant to write: who get killed or maimed
Well Good

Springfield, MO

#15 Sep 16, 2008
Mewabe wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, sh-t face, you should learn to spell. Secondly, no, I am not a coward, because I deserted in peace time, so I was not running away from combat, but from the BS that the military teaches. I stood for my own principles and paid the price for it...unlike most who were drafted, I did not recognize the authority of the military over me. My body, my mind, do not belong to the freaking government, period.
And if I needed to defend my family or fight an enemy, I wouldn't need to wear a freaking uniform to do it.
I do feel sorry for those who get killed or die for the military industrial complex, fighting wars against enemies who never attacked us.
The last American Draft Ended in 1971.
So to be drafted you must have been born in 1953 or
prior.
It was not in Peace time you deserted.
The Vietnam War Era ended four years in 1975.
The two year draft ended 1n 1971.
So there was no way you could have been in during a War time setting.
Oh a typo made takes the whole statement out of context.
But you are still a Consument Coward and Dumb also.
Your name should not be Mewabe but Yellow Streak.
Your not compliant or an individual a free spirit.
It sounds like your a Paranoid Schizophrenic.
You didn't desert your worse you were never in the Army. But claimed you were!
You probably wish you were. But you weren't.
Because they wouldn't accept you.
That is why your always trying to explain yourself.
Yogi

Beaverton, OR

#16 Sep 16, 2008
Yes, outdated, nothing new in wearing tie's anymore. So, let's move on here...!!!
Mewabe

Avon, IL

#17 Sep 17, 2008
Well Good wrote:
<quoted text>
The last American Draft Ended in 1971.
So to be drafted you must have been born in 1953 or
prior.
It was not in Peace time you deserted.
The Vietnam War Era ended four years in 1975.
The two year draft ended 1n 1971.
So there was no way you could have been in during a War time setting.
Oh a typo made takes the whole statement out of context.
But you are still a Consument Coward and Dumb also.
Your name should not be Mewabe but Yellow Streak.
Your not compliant or an individual a free spirit.
It sounds like your a Paranoid Schizophrenic.
You didn't desert your worse you were never in the Army. But claimed you were!
You probably wish you were. But you weren't.
Because they wouldn't accept you.
That is why your always trying to explain yourself.
This is a prime example of the error of judging. You are so quick to judge without knowing the facts.
Granted, it makes perfect sense you would assume I was drafted in the US...But no, I was drafted in '75 in another nation, that was entirely at peace with no war on the horizon anywhere. It is one of these nations where the draft is permanent (was at the time). They didn't teach you to fight very well, mostly to obey. They figured that teaching everyone to obey would make for "good compliant citizens" (sheep)...I had no problem with basic training, as a matter of fact I was good at it, it was the best part at least it was somewhat exciting and physical. I took off afterward, because I would not obey their stupid orders and follow the dumb boring numbing routine, and because I had better things to do, such as seeing my girlfriend.
So don't assume you know when if fact you have no clue. Then again I understand your assumptions, no hard feelings.
Anyway to get back to ties, I guess it can always be used to make a tourniquet in an emergency, or as a bandanna, or to blow your 2 years old's nose.
it's consummate, not consument.
G and O

United States

#18 Sep 17, 2008
Yogi wrote:
Yes, outdated, nothing new in wearing tie's anymore. So, let's move on here...!!!
I disagree, the necktie can be very sexy if it is worn as the only article of clothing.
Mewabe

Avon, IL

#20 Sep 20, 2008
Neck ties wrote:
Talk about rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic. He's talking about ties while the country is in the worst financial shape since the great depression, Lake is suffering staggering foreclosures, gas prices have exploded, we are in two wars and there is an historic election looming to replace a man called by many "the worst president ever." Neck ties Gary?
Only John McCain is more out of touch than you evidently.
I guess we have to "look good" while going down...keep our chin up, etc...it must be that Anglo-saxon heritage. Or else, the paper is totally out of touch with reality. You know, most people can't deal with the truth, it's too "negative"...they would rather have denial fed to them in every possible way, like a fix.
TellyHo

Albuquerque, NM

#21 Dec 12, 2008
Neckties are so old-fashioned and obsolete. They have been worn since Abe Lincoln was president, and haven't changed much since then. You would think, a major mover in clothes design, creating something much more visually pleasing and comfortable by now. The Iranians don't even wear one with their dress clothing, only a pajama top now.
TellyHo

Albuquerque, NM

#22 Dec 12, 2008
G and O wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree, the necktie can be very sexy if it is worn as the only article of clothing.
Thanks, G! I just figured out what to wear for halloween 09.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Entertainment Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Herea s another reason not to trust TV news rep... 23 min Christians In Nam... 7
News This gay Senate candidate is running in the lan... 2 hr Cordwainer Trout 18
News Steven Hill dead; 'Law & Order' actor was 94 4 hr Old Sam 1
News Why 'Ben-Hur' couldn't win the box office race ... 4 hr MichaelNojock 2
Manage Everything on Your New Samsung Galaxy No... 4 hr BibbyPad34 1
News a GMAa sa Amy Robach says on-air racial slur a ... 4 hr Major 3
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 5 hr zef 311,595
More from around the web