Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 20 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#15128 Sep 15, 2012
Ken wrote:
<quoted text>
Would have been nice to see Obama;s transcripts....every job asked me for those...that's very AMERICAN...
Arrogant, like when Obama claimed He got BinLaden....kinda think it was the Navy Seals.
So he should prove he did not commit felonies? Guess you forgot in America you are innocent until proven guilty. So I guess you have proof of his felonies? Well do tell...
My faith is very strong....could care less what you think of it.
You are psychotic and you hate women.

Of course Obama got OBL. He is the Commander in Chief and things like that do not get done without him you filthy racist scumbag.

Everyone knows that you are just an America-hater, a woman-hater, a minority-hater, an everything-hater. You are so full of bile it is a wonder you can stuff your fat maw with any food or drink during the day.

You are psychotic.

Location hidden

#15129 Sep 15, 2012
Why doesn't Smutt Romney release his tax returns as his father did?

This moldy acorn certainly fell far from the tree.

What is Smutt Romney hiding in his tax returns that Ann ****face Romney admitted had plenty of ammo for the Democrats to use against them? What?

---- multiple felonies for tax evasion

---- voter fraud

---- paying ZERO taxes for 10-12 years

What?
Ken

Walnut Creek, CA

#15130 Sep 15, 2012
OregonSUX wrote:
<quoted text>
You are psychotic and you hate women.
Of course Obama got OBL. He is the Commander in Chief and things like that do not get done without him you filthy racist scumbag.
Everyone knows that you are just an America-hater, a woman-hater, a minority-hater, an everything-hater. You are so full of bile it is a wonder you can stuff your fat maw with any food or drink during the day.
You are psychotic.
Off the meds today, huh?

Location hidden

#15131 Sep 15, 2012
Ken wrote:
<quoted text>
Off the meds today, huh?
Drunk again today I see. Don't drink and drive dummy and try to avoid posting as well.
YOU areVD infectedWHORES

Los Angeles, CA

#15132 Sep 15, 2012
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I live in the real world, and not some fantasyland make believe BS that you want to live in.
<quoted text>
I keep on it because you keep denying it. DUH! And there is nothing "supposed" about a 40 yr old screwing a 14yr old being perverted. I'm beginning to wonder why you defend child molesters, unless it's something you have a problem with also.
YOU'RE a HICK here to FOIST HOMOSEXUALITY in place of the HETEROSEXUALITY COMMANDED by GOD.
YOU areVD infectedWHORES

Los Angeles, CA

#15133 Sep 15, 2012
Dana Robertson wrote:
Great opinion piece:
On the way in to work today I was listening to the Diane Rehm show on NPR and the panelists were discussing the YouTube video masquerading as a "movie" over which Muslims around the globe are so outraged over. The taxpayer supported host kept asking why the video couldn't be outlawed and doesn't a video making fun of Mohammad constitute the "yelling fire in a crowded theater" exception to the First Amendment?
Yes, the discussion was that silly. And yes, your tax dollars hard at work.
We all know liberals are condescending. It's just who they are. They think they know how to run your life better than you. They went to college.
But rarely is this condescending philosophy so nakedly apparent than it is today as so many of them openly discuss why Muslims can't be treated like adults.
Americans must censor themselves, but only when it comes to certain groups. We can make fun of Christians. Not only can you make fun of Mormons, when you do we will praise you.
We can make fun of just about any one in the world. Personally, I like a good Pollack joke. And did you hear the one about the drunk Irishman who walked into a bar? Yeah, you know the punchline.
But certain groups, they say, do not qualify as fully capable human beings accountable for their own choices and responsible for their own actions.
Rather, your actions cause them to behave in certain ways.
Unlike adults, these people are not responsible for their behavior. You are responsible for their behavior.
They are like children. Parents are responsible for the behavior of children. And other adults need to watch what they say around children. You wouldn't want them finding out there is no Santa Clause.
Liberals believe Muslims are not responsible for their own actions. You are responsible for their actions.
So while they give lip service to the notion that Islam is a great religion on par with all other great religions, when they also claim that people must censor themselves around Muslims --- and only Muslims --- they are revealing what they really think of Muslims.
And I don't think this is a subtle point. The cognitive dissonance between giving multiple Tony awards for The Book of Mormon: The Musical and then condemning any and all criticism of Islam as somehow on par with Holocaust denial is so massive that it cannot escape even the most casual observer.
If I were a Muslim I'd be genuinely offended every time some liberal condescendingly put the blame on those speaking offensive words rather than those violently reacting to those words as if they had no self control. As if they were children.
Either Muslims are adults and accountable for their own actions or they are not. Liberals believe they are not and calls for censorship are not evidence that this is the case, it is proof.
UPDATE: China's money Your tax dollars harder at work as your government asks YouTube to take down the offensive video:
Obama administration officials also flagged the trailer to YouTube and asked the company to review whether it violated the website's terms of service
I actually don't mind YouTube deciding they don't want to have anything to do with the video. YouTube is a private company. They can censor what they want.
But the government of the United States encouraging censorship in my name? That crosses a line.
Also, where were the enlightened souls in the Obama administration when the Book of Mormon won all those Tonys?
http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/213583.php
I do have to agree with this. No Surprise gets his panties in a wad in the way I speak to him. He should see how I talk to any nutjob Muslim when they threaten to kill me if I disrespect their prophet. There is a proper time for even foul language.
You hate muslims because muslims hate queers like you.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#15134 Sep 15, 2012
The official trailer. Mitts not going to like this...

&fe ature=youtube_gdata_player
ALICIA BANKS

Little Rock, AR

#15135 Sep 15, 2012
all religions are created by hateful human men

and all are ruled by holy evil church sheeple

shame!!!!

http://aliciabanks.xanga.com/732464211/what-w...

http://aliciabanks.xanga.com/732464048/biblic...

http://aliciabanks.xanga.com/732742147/savage...

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

#15136 Sep 15, 2012
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
How is that wishing ill, when u see no reason for anyone to be offended by it?
I never said I was offended. I said you were sick. You and I both know that when you made that statement that you meant that you in fact DID hope they found out . Not that it matters, I have no shame of the ordinances we perform. I just think it is sick that you wish ill will towards us. Though it should not be surprising to me.
Ken

Walnut Creek, CA

#15137 Sep 15, 2012
OregonSUX wrote:
<quoted text>
Drunk again today I see. Don't drink and drive dummy and try to avoid posting as well.
How disappointing...such a mild posting...no mention of my need to control wombs, or the anti-Christ in Paul Ryan.

What a silly person you are!

Location hidden

#15138 Sep 15, 2012
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>I never said I was offended. I said you were sick. You and I both know that when you made that statement that you meant that you in fact DID hope they found out . Not that it matters, I have no shame of the ordinances we perform. I just think it is sick that you wish ill will towards us. Though it should not be surprising to me.
I didn't say u were offended....u need to reread. Ill will? Lol, it was a helpful heads up. If those crazy religious people find out what u did..numerous times, to their prophet, they are gonna be pissed.
pearl

West Jordan, UT

#15139 Sep 15, 2012
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Your refusal to deal with "all" the supplied evidence be it hearsay or circumstantial or fact keeps you from being a better informed speaker.
You take only the information you like, the action of a prejudiced-biased person and give that information to others without letting them know there are other facts to be known of that you aren't revealing to them. That's called being a two faced liar.
Three times you have accused smith of murder and three times you supply no evidence but your opinion. That's called being deceitful and proves you to be nothing more than a rumormonger.
You continue to state the act of marriage is proof of sexual activity. In cases where it can be shown two people that did marry spoke of sexual activity and or have one or more children, that is evidence.
Unfortunately for you, only a few to several females married to smith "claimed" and or "insinuated" of sexual relations. Smith never made a single statement of having sexual relations but with Emma. We have a whole bunch of he said she said they said statements and that is hearsay. Comparable to your claiming smith murdered people but you having no proof to prove your claim, get it? And most of the statements alleging sexual activity came AFTER Smith was dead when he was no longer around to say such statements were true or false. That means it's easy to make claims against a dead person when you have no facts.
I tell no one Smith did have sex or that he didn't have sex with anyone but Emma. I have found no evidence to prove either claim more then the other. Therefore wisdom says not to endorse either theory till evidence is found or evidence is shown not likely to exist. Get it? Wisdom?
There seems to be at least a couple of different standards going on here. You refer to Dana as a two faced liar for not revealing information of facts known by him, yet at the same time revere god for doing the same, even expect it. Then you condem him for using circumstantial and hearsay evidence, but at the same time use the same standards for your entire religious belief system. Seriously, why the different standards?
JBH

Delta, Canada

#15140 Sep 15, 2012
=======
==========

=========

Is that so--"We will never have the elite, smart people on our side." -- Rick Santorum at the Voter Values Summit today, talking about Romney for presidency again, as not the best Candidate with no smart people to be around?

Attention--LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, MORMONS OR NOT as MORMONS, OF ALL FAITH AND OF NO FAITH, you are smart people, aren't you?

Then vote Romney if you are smart.

()_+)+__++

“I will not keep calm”

#15141 Sep 15, 2012
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say u were offended....u need to reread. Ill will? Lol, it was a helpful heads up. If those crazy religious people find out what u did..numerous times, to their prophet, they are gonna be pissed.
They can't be any crazier than you nomo :)
pearl

West Jordan, UT

#15142 Sep 15, 2012
Dana Robertson wrote:
Great opinion piece:

We all know liberals are condescending. It's just who they are. They think they know how to run your life better than you. They went to college.
Americans must censor themselves, but only when it comes to certain groups. We can make fun of Christians. Not only can you make fun of Mormons, when you do we will praise you.
We can make fun of just about any one in the world. Personally, I like a good Pollack joke. And did you hear the one about the drunk Irishman who walked into a bar? Yeah, you know the punchline.
But certain groups, they say, do not qualify as fully capable human beings accountable for their own choices and responsible for their own actions.
Rather, your actions cause them to behave in certain ways.
Unlike adults, these people are not responsible for their behavior. You are responsible for their behavior.
They are like children. Parents are responsible for the behavior of children. And other adults need to watch what they say around children. You wouldn't want them finding out there is no Santa Clause.
Liberals believe Muslims are not responsible for their own actions. You are responsible for their actions.
So while they give lip service to the notion that Islam is a great religion on par with all other great religions, when they also claim that people must censor themselves around Muslims --- and only Muslims --- they are revealing what they really think of Muslims.
And I don't think this is a subtle point. The cognitive dissonance between giving multiple Tony awards for The Book of Mormon: The Musical and then condemning any and all criticism of Islam as somehow on par with Holocaust denial is so massive that it cannot escape even the most casual observer.
If I were a Muslim I'd be genuinely offended every time some liberal condescendingly put the blame on those speaking offensive words rather than those violently reacting to those words as if they had no self control. As if they were children.
Either Muslims are adults and accountable for their own actions or they are not. Liberals believe they are not and calls for censorship are not evidence that this is the case, it is proof.
UPDATE: China's money Your tax dollars harder at work as your government asks YouTube to take down the offensive video:
Obama administration officials also flagged the trailer to YouTube and asked the company to review whether it violated the website's terms of service
I actually don't mind YouTube deciding they don't want to have anything to do with the video. YouTube is a private company. They can censor what they want.
But the government of the United States encouraging censorship in my name? That crosses a line.
Also, where were the enlightened souls in the Obama administration when the Book of Mormon won all those Tonys?
http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/213583.php
I do have to agree with this. No Surprise gets his panties in a wad in the way I speak to him. He should see how I talk to any nutjob Muslim when they threaten to kill me if I disrespect their prophet. There is a proper time for even foul language.
Up until this post I could see a reasonable side to you. There doesn't seem to be many liberals on this site, so I will take the opportunity to respond. It's the no surprise conservative thats so loathsome to the language you use. Feel welcome to use what he calls vulgar gutter talk all you want. I'm not offended. It's the conservative one one who thinks it reflects something ugly in you. I would also never tell someone how to live. It's the main point I've tried to get across in every post I make. It's the reason for any mess in the world today. And I say it's the religious/conservative population that pushes that agenda. It's not non-believers who run the world. So, I completely disagree, would you care to discuss it more? Also, you should treat adults like adults, but I wouldn't expect all to act like adults, hence the conflict.
pearl

West Jordan, UT

#15143 Sep 15, 2012
dana, Btw it's not a liberal non-believer thats knocking on your door trying to tell you how to live. That claims knowledge of whats right or wrong for you and everyone. You've got this suprise guy telling you the proper way to express yourself, and yet you find a liberal condesending? I really don't understand your logic. Please explain.

Location hidden

#15144 Sep 15, 2012
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text> They can't be any crazier than you nomo :)
Seriously? Fcuk u, cow. Telling the truth about ur cult is the same to u as murder?

“I will not keep calm”

#15145 Sep 15, 2012
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously? Fcuk u, cow. Telling the truth about ur cult is the same to u as murder?
yes seriously, and no thank you. You aren't my type, you offered it much to freely. Btw i never said it was the same, i said they are no crazier than you :)

Location hidden

#15146 Sep 15, 2012
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text> yes seriously, and no thank you. You aren't my type, you offered it much to freely. Btw i never said it was the same, i said they are no crazier than you :)
Comparing me to terrorists is NOT cool, no matter how "cute" u try to make it. It wasn't an offer.

“I will not keep calm”

#15147 Sep 15, 2012
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Comparing me to terrorists is NOT cool, no matter how "cute" u try to make it. It wasn't an offer.
ohh and some if the comparisons you make about Mormons IS cool. I wasn't comparing you , merely making an observation. What you can dish it out, but can't take it ?????? Figured as much.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Entertainment Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 min John-K 309,734
News Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar trying to get pregn... (Oct '13) 3 hr nana 8
News Catholic Charities refuses to place children wi... (Jun '11) 3 hr nOdiOs 1,587
News Connecticut electrician to appear in 'Shark Tan... 5 hr American Gentlema... 3
News Spooks star Peter Firth: I'm not quite Sylveste... 7 hr Schnooki 1
News 'Scandal' fixer heads to Baltimore 7 hr Cordwainer Trout 2
News Duck Hunt: NAACP Blasts Phil Robertson as 'Racist' (Dec '13) 7 hr Tazo 407
More from around the web