Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Oct 12, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CNN

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Comments
10,281 - 10,300 of 32,001 Comments Last updated Jul 25, 2014

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2012

Judged:

piratefighting wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
umm... Holly Lolly... what are you saying? My assumptions of you being a decent person are wrong?
Yes, that is exactly what you're saying... it's right here on the Internet.
Why am I asking an atheist to be honest?
She plainly stated earlier that she is not atheist. Not to mention that even of she were, how exactly does that make her a bad person?? It is Mormons like you that give all of us a bad name. UGH

“I will not keep calm”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2012

Judged:

piratefighting wrote:
<quoted text>
not ashamed....
if you hang out with drunk perverted men in your short skirts... yor likely to get raped...
cautionary: careful who your friends are
Let's get something straight here once and for all. I am an endowed member of the LDS church, making immodest clothes nearly impossible. However Nomo was making it sound as if we are nuns and that simply is not the case. Most of my skirts are above the knee, however they cover my garments which to me is modest enough.Women not of our faith like to make it sound as though we are all covered from head to toe and taking orders from men as if we are servants. I refuse to go along with that. Mormon women are strong, independant and intelligent. I will not allow any woman to make me feel inferior because of my faith.
Next........ Rape is not because of a womans clothing. It is about power. Men rape women to feel powerful, that is what arouses men like that. It has nothing to do with sex at all.
SelenaGomezLver

Mesa, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2012

Judged:

Well, Mormans aren't Christian because they follow their own religious ways. Us Christians are pretty much filled into the Bible. You should read up on Bible stories.... & you Mormans think u know truth.. Never right.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2012

not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text> Let's get something straight here once and for all. I am an endowed member of the LDS church, making immodest clothes nearly impossible. However Nomo was making it sound as if we are nuns and that simply is not the case. Most of my skirts are above the knee, however they cover my garments which to me is modest enough.Women not of our faith like to make it sound as though we are all covered from head to toe and taking orders from men as if we are servants. I refuse to go along with that. Mormon women are strong, independant and intelligent. I will not allow any woman to make me feel inferior because of my faith.
Next........ Rape is not because of a womans clothing. It is about power. Men rape women to feel powerful, that is what arouses men like that. It has nothing to do with sex at all.
True that. I read every day where women wearing burka's are being raped. Then their families "honor kill" them for not being virgins. That is why I consider Islam more dangerous than Mormonism. Sick, sick, sick.
rider

Ishpeming, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2012

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
True that. I read every day where women wearing burka's are being raped. Then their families "honor kill" them for not being virgins. That is why I consider Islam more dangerous than Mormonism. Sick, sick, sick.
article about muslims/ Washington Times June 29 1989/Interesting!

“I will not keep calm”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2012

Judged:

SelenaGomezLver wrote:
Well, Mormans aren't Christian because they follow their own religious ways. Us Christians are pretty much filled into the Bible. You should read up on Bible stories.... & you Mormans think u know truth.. Never right.
Mormons also read the bible. We are just as christian as you are dear :) also, ALL religions follow their own religious ways, if not then we would all be the same religion.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2012

not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text> Let's get something straight here once and for all. I am an endowed member of the LDS church, making immodest clothes nearly impossible. However Nomo was making it sound as if we are nuns and that simply is not the case. Most of my skirts are above the knee, however they cover my garments which to me is modest enough.Women not of our faith like to make it sound as though we are all covered from head to toe and taking orders from men as if we are servants. I refuse to go along with that. Mormon women are strong, independant and intelligent. I will not allow any woman to make me feel inferior because of my faith.
Total BS.

Why can't a woman be a priesthood holder?

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2012

not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>Mormons also read the bible. We are just as christian as you are dear :) also, ALL religions follow their own religious ways, if not then we would all be the same religion.
If you were a christian then there is no reason for you to be Mormon.

Mormon is anti-Christian. That is why it exists, to be outside of christianity which is considers wrong. How does that go over with Evangelicals?

"GOD WAS ONCE A MAN WHO BECAME GOD:“Mormon prophets have continually taught the sublime truth that God the Eternal Father was once a mortal man....He became God...through obedience"

“Duty is a Privilege! ”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2012

Judged:

not ashamed wrote:
Not Ashamed... I apologize for offending you... you did not specify if your skirts where mini skirts... etc... you said leave a little mystery.

I respect your endownments.

Men do rape women because of the clothes they wear... they rape women they can have power over... their sick...

I understand your cause... my only concern is that I have been told that if you hang out with people who are doing bad then eventually the peer pressure will get to you and you will do bad.

Thank you for your explaination... Let's get along!

“Duty is a Privilege! ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2012

Judged:

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeap.
<quoted text>
Figure it out and COME BACK EDUCATED.
That's the thing Dana... I have researched, I have prayed... I know the answers and I knwo the consequences about preaching about Heavenly Father...

Their not really fun... I'd really suggest researching modern archeological finds...

Pray about them...

Find the truth...

Maybe someone hurt you once in the church and you just gave up on God... IDK... but I hope you find the true answers and stop preaching against Heavenly Father.

If you were a true Mormon who believe at one time then some where down deep inside you the truth is there...

You maybe a wonderful person...

God wants all to accept his plan...

Every person here on earth is tested to find the order and establish their place in the eternitites...

Maybe one day we will meet in the eternitites...

`

“Duty is a Privilege! ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2012

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
When you become her Bishop, say something about it. Until then, shut up fool. It will be nice when you stop being such an a$$clown.
BTW: How do you know I'm not a Bishop?

“Duty is a Privilege! ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2012

Have a nice weekend and forth everyone....

Be safe!

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2012

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
"Correct?" Like the time you claimed the thief on the cross wasn't really a thief? Even though it was the Bible that said do? Or your fictional background fantasy you created that he had earlier heard Jesus, got baptized and that was why he was going to Paradise that day? Your blithering has demonstrated you care very little about what is "correct", and that you say anything to hold the LDS line of lies.
lol...nice try. I questioned if he was an actual thief. You showed some evidence that he could have been and I accepted that. But I still questioned what type of thief he was, whether it was one time, a few times or for his whole life became my main question we neither had an answer for.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2012

piratefighting wrote:
<quoted text>BTW: How do you know I'm not a Bishop?
...it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest
LoL

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2012

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
You wouldn't know the truth from Global Warming.
LoL

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2012

Judged:

OregonSUX wrote:
<quoted text>
If you were a christian then there is no reason for you to be Mormon.
Mormon is anti-Christian. That is why it exists, to be outside of christianity which is considers wrong. How does that go over with Evangelicals?
"GOD WAS ONCE A MAN WHO BECAME GOD:“Mormon prophets have continually taught the sublime truth that God the Eternal Father was once a mortal man....He became God...through obedience"
No we exist outside 'pay for what you want to hear FAKE Christianity because of the
*taking money to preach what people like you are desperate to hear

*not even trying to remotely emulate the actual methods of Jesus Christ such as 12 Apostles, baptism by one having correct authority to do so,

and many more reasons.

You just couldn't hack the playing life straight and wanted to get into some getting high, leaving your family and swinging, so when you blew your life out of the water you never went back.
LoL

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2012

Judged:

Your story, without looking: you had a life-altering catharsis,
left your family,
never went back home
drifted around till you found a church that told you that no matter how shiftless you act, God still loves you,

and have proceeded to grow dumber and dumber since.
LoL

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2012

Judged:

LemonLollyPop wrote:
<quoted text>
you have completely lost your mind. I hope your brain washed friends can help u out with that. Crazy lune!!
Explain to the forum what it was like when our country "we don't even wanna TALK about them" cousins the FLDS,

the HOME SCHOOLED POLYGAMY PEOPLE

were INVADED by HUNDREDS of EVANGABILLY and ATHEIST GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES,

stripped the children away putting them in pens

WHAT WAS IT LIKE when THOSE CHILDREN told Y.O.U.R so-called 'CHILD CARE EXPERTS'

that THEY WANTED some SOAP and WATER and SCRUB BRUSHES so they could CLEAN UP the FILTHY STALLS you HICKS THOUGHT were FIT for YOUR OWN CHILDREN?

LoLoLoL!!

WHAT was it LIKE when YOU SAW THEM TELL EVANGABILLY/ATHEIST trash, that "THEY WANTED SOME F.R.E.S.H. FRUITS, VEGETABLES, because THE T.R.A.S.H.
YOUR TRASH CONSTITUENCY TRIED TO FEED THEM - WHAT YOU'D HAVE FED *YOUR* KIDS
WASN'T
FIT
FOR
HUMAN
CONSUMPTION...

WHAT'S it LIKE to know that FUNDAMENTALIST POLYGAMY CHILDREN are SMARTER than YOUR 'CHILD EXPURTS' huh?

Does it make you feel stupid as the stump you stood on to crow about how you feel superior?

To me it's EVANGABILLY/ATHIBILLY L.I.E.S.
Kidnap kids
Store in filthy cattle cars
Feed food unfit for human beings

claim moral victory.

“I will not keep calm”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2012

Judged:

LoL wrote:
Your story, without looking: you had a life-altering catharsis,
left your family,
never went back home
drifted around till you found a church that told you that no matter how shiftless you act, God still loves you,
and have proceeded to grow dumber and dumber since.
WOW!! It isn't often that I am speechless but you have rendered me that way. Don't get me wrong, Oregon is annoying, wrong 90% of the time and can be quite rude. However, with all of that being said, who are you to assume that you know him so well? God does love us no matter how shiftless we are. People not of our faith are still heavenly fathers children, still loved by him.
LoL

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2012

Judged:

That's the whole problem with being an EvangaBilly OR an AthiBilly: your social numbers suck so bad

every other one of your women has to stay ZONKED OUT ON DOPE just for BEING ONE OF YOU.

THAT's Y.O.U.R. Legacy.

The L.D.S. say 'no' to your gender bending, alcoholism, dressing your children like sluts, your fathers leering at every OTHER woman that passes by,

the illiteracy, the tobacco, the CONSTANT DIVORCE: what are you people..

BACK DOWN to about FIFTY PERCENT of you ARE SO POORLY ADJUSTED you LEAVE the PARENTS of YOUR OWN CHILDREN, like Dana here?

From about 60%?

LoLoLoL WHAT IS it YOU WANT EVERYONE ELSE TO BE?

Infected with V.D. like ONE in FIVE of YOUR kids?

We'll pass on the stupid snaggle toothed illiterate v.d. infected M.T.V. culture

And take the divine word of our Heavenly Father who told us in the last days, you'd have whole sections of your civilization rebel against God, get sick, curse and die, utterly unmoved by his words to repent
or perish.

Have a nice visit to get checked at the V.D. clinic with your kids.

LoL! Everybody who doesn't come up 'dirty' gets a HAPPY MEAL, KIDS!

THAT is what YOUR culture looks like to US.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Entertainment Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's your favorite movie of 2014? 19 min Movie person 84
Kardashian girls on phones during VMAs' Michael... 36 min dale 14
Jon Stewart shreds Fox News for having 'no f*ck... 50 min bottlecap 1
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr Pearl Jam 305,426
2014 Emmy Awards Discussion 3 hr Liberal forever 143
Batman v. Superman in Detroit: Ben Affleck shot... 3 hr reality is a crutch 1
Romney's loss closes out 'Mormon moment' (Nov '12) 3 hr swedenforever 12
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000