Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 32097 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#8113 May 22, 2012
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Your funny :)
What's sick is adults like you and NoMo and Haw for classic examples that urge little immature minds, no more sure of their sexual orientation then we are of tomorrow's events, to be that supposed sexual orientation. That's sick and disgusting and degenerative in thinking let alone doing.
Yes, accepting them for who God created while you tell them that being gay is next to murder is just sick. How do you know if they aren't sure of their sexual orientation? Did they all tell you personally? Did you have a vision? A revelation? How could you possibly know? Where you confused at that age? Because I wasn't. I knew from at least the 1st grade I liked women. No confusion on that whatsoever. So are you speaking from personal experience or what? Because I haven't seen any studies suggesting the kind of mass confusion you are claiming. All I see is a pathetic person trying to justify the open hatred and bigotry of homosexuals of his church by trying to deflect the real blame of what is causing gay LDS children to kill themselves. You even claim that since the beginning the church excepted them as long as they shut up about. That was some real horsesh!t on your part, I can tell you.
Those little minds have listened to your urging, put on their sexual orientation as homosexuals and some have died in their attempt to identify with it while still being little immature minded children.
How are they getting that message? Again, you have yet to provide even one link in support of your claim. The only reason they are dying is because of bigots and haters like you who won't leave them in peace. But lying seems to come natural for you on this topic.
You and NoMo and Haw are as responsible for their suicides as much as any one else is responsible. You essentially gave a loaded weapon to a little child and told them to go play cops and robbers and they got shot in the process.
It is only in you fairytale mind that people kill themselves from too much love, and acceptance. Ignorance is your defense, it is your shield, it let's you pretend "All is well."
Your a filthy, degenerative killer of children, leading them to believe they are homosexual and should be a homosexual, before they were adult enough to handle their sexual orientation as an adult.
You're the worst piece of sleeze that exists for these children. You're worse then the bullies and negative experiences they face. You're an enemy they don't understand. You're killing them for your cause and you don't give a rat's ass.
Nice job. You must be so proud of your deathly accomplishments.
And you are an ignorant mass murdering motherf**ker who sucks the penises of your your foul stinking, black hating, homosexual hating, monogamous marriage hating, pile of shite excuse of a religion. You have a god that screws his own daughter, who is a racist pig, and a prophet that screwed anything he could away with and called it "God's will." It's no wonder you embrace everything that makes humans foul and disgusting, and even justify it like your perverted prophets. What a scum of the earth.:)

Marysville, CA

#8114 May 22, 2012
Don-N-Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>

You have yet to offer one cogent argument on why Mormonism, as opposed to most other religions, should be considered a “cult”-vs- a religion.
OK, I'll spell it for you:
IDENTIFICATION MARKS OF A CULT

(a) The group will have an ELITIST view of itself in relation to others, and a UNIQUE CAUSE. e.i. THEY ARE THE ONLY ONES RIGHT - everyone else is wrong. THEY ARE THE ONLY ONES DOING GOD'S WILL - everyone else is in apostasy.

(b) They will promote their cause actively, and in doing so, abuse God-given personal rights and freedoms. This abuse can be THEOLOGICAL, SPIRITUAL, SOCIAL & PSYCHOLOGICAL.

HOW THEY DO THIS

Their leader/s may claim a special, exclusive ministry, revelation or position of authority given by God.

They believe they are the only true church and take a critical stance regarding the Christian church while at the same time praising and exalting their own group, leader/s and work.

They use intimidation or psychological manipulation to keep members loyal to their ranks. This could be in the form of threats of dire calamity sent by God if they leave; certain death at Armageddon; being shunned by their family and friends etc. This is a vital part of the mind control process.

Members will be expected to give substantial financial support to the group. This could be compulsory tithing (which is checked); signing over all their property on entering the group; coercive methods of instilling guilt on those who have not contributed; selling magazines, flowers or other goods for the group as part of their "ministry".

At the same time bible-based cults may ridicule churches that take up free-will offerings by passing collection plates and/or sell literature and tapes. They usually brag that they don't do this. This gives outsiders the intimation that they are not interested in money.

There will be great emphasis on loyalty to the group and its teachings. The lives of members will be totally absorbed into the group's activities. They will have little or no time to think for themselves because of physical and emotional exhaustion. This is also a vital part of the mind control process.

There will be total control over almost all aspects of the private lives of members. This control can be direct through communal living, or constant and repetitious teaching on "how to be a true Christian" or "being obedient to leadership". Members will look to their leaders for guidance in everything they do.

Bible-based cults may proclaim they have no clergy/laity distinction and no paid ministry class - that they are all equal.

Any dissent or questioning of the group's teachings is discouraged. Criticism in any form is seen as rebellion. There will be an emphasis on authority, unquestioning obedience and submission. This is vigilantly maintained.

Members are required to demonstrate their loyalty to the group in some way. This could be in the form of "dobbing" on fellow members (including family) under the guise of looking out for "spiritual welfare".

They may be required to deliberately lie (heavenly deception/theocratic strategy) or give up their lives by refusing some form of medical treatment.

Attempts to leave or reveal embarrassing facts about the group may be met with threats. Some may have taken oaths of loyalty that involve their lives or have signed a "covenant" and feel threatened by this.

Refugees of the group are usually faced with confrontations by other members with coercion to get them to return to the group.

You want me to go point by point showing how they apply to Mormonism? Be glad to do so.
livinginthelando fcrazy

Potosi, MO

#8115 May 22, 2012
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>Crazy, stop avoiding the topic by going on a grammar tangent.
He brings nothing to the table. Plus, reading what he writes proves to be very difficult with his grammar issues and lack of punctuation, which causes run-on sentences. Truthfully, wouldn't you agree?
livinginthelando fcrazy

Potosi, MO

#8116 May 22, 2012
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>Being against a theocratic dictatorship is "anti-free agency?"
I don't view it that way at all. I can choose to follow or not. It's my choice.

Marysville, CA

#8117 May 22, 2012
livinginthelandofcrazy wrote:
<quoted text>
He brings nothing to the table. Plus, reading what he writes proves to be very difficult with his grammar issues and lack of punctuation, which causes run-on sentences. Truthfully, wouldn't you agree?
It just doesn't bother me, to be honest.

Marysville, CA

#8118 May 22, 2012
<quoted text>
I don't view it that way at all. I can choose to follow or not. It's my choice.
Not if you truly believe. Because when you truly believe, not doing what your told does begin to work on your guilt, and your self esteem. I wasn't free from it until I realized there wasn't nothing to it.
livinginthelando fcrazy

Potosi, MO

#8119 May 22, 2012
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>It just doesn't bother me, to be honest.
It does me. I have to read it several times for it to make sense, only to find out it wasn't worth reading in the first place.
livinginthelando fcrazy

Potosi, MO

#8120 May 22, 2012
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>Not if you truly believe. Because when you truly believe, not doing what your told does begin to work on your guilt, and your self esteem. I wasn't free from it until I realized there wasn't nothing to it.
I do believe and can say that I am happy. When I feel guilt, it's because of something I've done.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#8121 May 22, 2012
Dana Robertson wrote:
<REDACTED quote>
OK, I'll spell it for you:
IDENTIFICATION MARKS OF A CULT
Cite the source of your commentary, or we will consider it your personal opinion.

As to opinion; We all have one of those and none are more true or false than any other, such is the nature of "opinions" being based on personal perceition and consideration.
Bonus hunter

United States

#8122 May 22, 2012
Look, you guys are like the two nerds fighting at lunch. Give it up already. Everybody understands each of your points. Dana, hate to say it but you were dropped too many times as a baby. Living,....don't cast pearls before swine. He does not want to listen. His agenda is full of misconceptions and opinions but no facts to support his argument. This is my thread now. You are all relieved of your posts.

Location hidden

#8123 May 22, 2012
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
can u imagine a woman actually wanting to be pregnant for all eternity??
Here are the options:

1. God of your own world
2. Popping out kids for all eternity because you are sealed to #1.

Of course, women have no choice in the matter.

Location hidden

#8124 May 22, 2012
<quoted text>
My comment to you still stands, and your farce of a story is a mere anti-Romney for President tactic by using his faith as a scapegoat to promote fear to the unknowing and uneducated. Your liberal agenda has been clear from your very first post.
Mormon?
Bonus hunter

United States

#8125 May 22, 2012
Oregon, this is my blog. Go elsewhere for your silly comments child.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#8126 May 22, 2012
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes he is, for a white male homophobic bigot. He's about as much an Apostle as my dog in heat. Wouldn't know Jesus if he hit upside the head, and someone should. But he does keep the maker of Depends in business, so he is good for that at least. Of course you love him, Cary.
Please point out anywhere, in all of history, where I've stated that I "loved" Boyd Packer.

You won't find anyplace, because you are a liar.

And of course, being that is is resolved you are a liar, there is no reason to believe anything you say.

www.mormon.org
livinginthelando fcrazy

Ozark, MO

#8127 May 22, 2012
Bonus hunter wrote:
Look, you guys are like the two nerds fighting at lunch. Give it up already. Everybody understands each of your points. Dana, hate to say it but you were dropped too many times as a baby. Living,....don't cast pearls before swine. He does not want to listen. His agenda is full of misconceptions and opinions but no facts to support his argument. This is my thread now. You are all relieved of your posts.
I thought you had gone back to playing Skyrim.:-)
livinginthelando fcrazy

Ozark, MO

#8128 May 22, 2012
OregonSUX wrote:
<quoted text>Mormon?
Lesbian?
Patrick

Salt Lake City, UT

#8129 May 22, 2012
Cary L Nickel wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll listen to Boyd K. Packer over listening to you any day. He knows infinitely more about life than than you, and isn't judgmental as you, either.
And he isn't profane.
All in all, Packer is much more pleasant.
It doesn't hurt me any if you want to continue living a lie and give money in Tithing so that Boyd Packer and Thomas Monson can live off your dollar.. I know what is right and what is bullshit. Doesn't feel so good when you get judged.. That is exactly what your religion does and I feel kind of sorry for ya because you sound like you have no hope for yourself.. I know who I am and I don't need some dumb ass to tell me how to live my life, I can do that for myself... I'm more pleasant than Boyd packer and I speak the truth, can't say much for him.. It would be wise for you to educate yourself on the doings of the LDS..

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#8130 May 22, 2012
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Making more claim I have already shown to be false doesn't help your position. But of course you have to hold on to the lies to justify the abomination of your church. Your own God screwed his own daughter to create Jesus. With a pig of a God like that, of course everything else doesn't matter. It's amazing what you justify to accept the filth called Mormonism.
To use the filth of your own degenerative thinking you seem to luv to swim in and, continue to demonstrate to us how well and how deep that filth runs through the cells of your mind, your statement that ... "Your own God screwed his own daughter to create Jesus." is in the NT. Did you forget that? lol...such a shite for brains.
God created Mary like he created the rest of us. Mary was a daughter of God. God, the Father of Mary caused Mary his daughter to become pregnant even though she was a virgin of men. God used his daughter Mary and impregnated her so she, God's daughter would bare his son Jesus the Christ.
Deal with Bible facts shite for brains lol.
Patrick

Salt Lake City, UT

#8131 May 22, 2012
ADam wrote:
<quoted text>
These religion are "man made" religions to profit money from their members by control. They are not God's faith. Religion is man's substitute for God from Satan himself and why if we believe in God we will "come out" of these churches.
Mormons have many rules which Romney does not follow so how is it that he obtains a high seat in the church. Where there young men go on mission its a brainwashing session.
But with all that said do male Mormons make good lovers in bed or are they sexually frustrated and only have sex to have babies? I ask simply cause every Mormon I ever met reminds me of Jehovah Witness's who also look like they are sexually frustrated. Even Romney and his sons look like that. Are they allowed to have sex for pleasure or is it a sin even if they are married. Someone said they are not allowed to masturbate as young fellas and if they have too many times they are denied the higher positions in the church when they get older.
Its always about some screwed up leader dreaming stuff up to make people do when God made us sexual human beings.
Adam,Thank You! I can' believe that someone is smart enough to see the truth. Can't say much for you all that goes on thinking that the LDS knows what is best for you.. Read close to what Adam is saying because he speaks the truth and if you don't get what Adam is telling you all I can do is laugh how dumb you are in this world... Once again Adam, Thank You!!

“go big or go home”

Since: Mar 12

Funkytown

#8132 May 22, 2012
Fake

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Entertainment Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 min Junket 314,020
News Grab a Pussy!': PETA Billboards Urging Pet Adop... (Oct '16) 1 hr mossy 1,158
News Molly Monster, Trailer and Information 3 hr @SmilingKelly 3
News Absent glitter and Trump, journalists honor pre... 4 hr spud 8
News Trashy doc 'Casting JonBenet' feeds on viewers'... 7 hr Caribou 18
News JonBenet Ramsey's Dad Lost Family Fortune Follo... (Apr '16) 7 hr Caribou 18
News The Internet Is Very Confused and Unhappy with ... 8 hr Caribou 1
More from around the web