As It Stands: Tea Party Utopia: no ta...

As It Stands: Tea Party Utopia: no taxes, no government

There are 172 comments on the Eureka Times Standard story from Apr 11, 2010, titled As It Stands: Tea Party Utopia: no taxes, no government. In it, Eureka Times Standard reports that:

Give me liberty! Or, at least a tea party. No. Not that kind. Not a party where women gather to sip tea, munch sweet confections, and exchange lively conversation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Eureka Times Standard.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Umm

Windsor, CA

#1 Apr 11, 2010
They're angry that a black president got elected. The issues they claim to espouse were 10 times bigger during the Bush train wreck, but they remained silent.
jimbo

San Francisco, CA

#2 Apr 11, 2010
what rubbish. You say tea partiers are not united in their beliefs, then you say they want no government. I have yet to see tea partier say they want no government, or even zero taxes.
John

Windsor, CA

#3 Apr 11, 2010
Thanks for sharing Bigot. Next. We have a long line to get through. Please move along.
Rose

Mendocino, CA

#4 Apr 11, 2010
George W. Bush ran up the national debt with deficit spending year after year during his administration. Where were the tea-baggers then? One day in early 2009 these people realized the whites weren't in charge anymore. Then they became tea-baggers and started protesting. I have never seen a person of color among their ranks either.
domino 21

Millville, CA

#5 Apr 11, 2010
Mr Stancliff, while this article pushes the Democrat Party's propaganda on what the Tea Party movement is about, there is something else here that is really interesting. You seem to indicate that people cannot be individuals, and have differing political views, and even worse, not have a central leader.

I think that this is indicative of the two major world views. The Liberal, correct word, wrong meaning, party wants everyone to believe in each article of faith and to be in lockstep. There appears to be a need for a rank structure and a leader. And over the last 20 years the farthest left folks have infiltrated and taken over the party.

The Conservative party, by definition, is a gathering of individuals. They tend to not be involved in group think, or particularly care about their standing in the party. They want as little Government as possible as they realize that Government is not productive. That Government can not make anything. And that for every dollar spent by Government more than a dollar was seized from the citizenry at the point of a gun.

I wonder also at the Costumes, but a group that can rally 10k people in Searchlight is a genuine political movement. And is worthy of at least the same amount of coverage given to some of our left wing groups.

In closing, I am registered as a Republican only because I am forced by the state to declare in order to vote in primary elections. I am deeply intrigued by Washington's primary system.
It Will Fall

Mckinleyville, CA

#6 Apr 11, 2010
Progressive Utopia: Big Taxes, Big Government

Dave: back to writing garbage!
Part of the Plan

Mckinleyville, CA

#7 Apr 11, 2010
Umm wrote:
They're angry that a black president got elected. The issues they claim to espouse were 10 times bigger during the Bush train wreck, but they remained silent.
Part of the Progressive Democrat Plan: If people disagree, call them racists. Your'e disgusting!
domino 21

Millville, CA

#8 Apr 11, 2010
Umm wrote:
They're angry that a black president got elected. The issues they claim to espouse were 10 times bigger during the Bush train wreck, but they remained silent.
Mr Obama is spending at a rate vastly exceeding Mr Bush's, 7 times more I believe. I suppose someone out there cares about the man's skin color, but using that for or against him is simple racism. Opposing his radical Left agenda is just politics.
Expect More like this

Mckinleyville, CA

#9 Apr 11, 2010
Picking up a little extra cash from MoveOn.org or MediaMatters eh Dave?- just like before the last election.
The Party of HopeChange

Mckinleyville, CA

#10 Apr 11, 2010
From the Party of HopeChange. If you Dare to Disagree you will be called a Racist. This is Hate Speech from the Progressive Democrat Party being used as a political weapon.
Rose

Arcata, CA

#11 Apr 11, 2010
Boy, do you misunderstand the whole thing. http://tinyurl.com/yhgksu7

Tea Partiers Are Fairly Mainstream in Their Demographics
Skew right politically, but have typical profile by age, education, and employment,

Gallup Poll.
Tea Party supporters are decidedly Republican and conservative in their leanings. Also, compared with average Americans, supporters are slightly more likely to be male and less likely to be lower-income.

In several other respects, however -- their age, educational background, employment status, and race -- Tea Partiers are quite representative of the public at large....

More generally, a separate question included in the March 26-28 poll showed that 37% of Americans view the Tea Party movement favorably and 40% unfavorably, with the remainder expressing no opinion. Predictably, Republicans and conservatives are most likely to have favorable opinions.

IN fact, one reason the media is having trouble reporting on this issue is that they keep finding out that they have family members who are Tea Partiers. An aunt. An uncle. Their MOM.

Contrast that with the real violence of Bill Ayres/Dohrn and Earth First, ARF and ERF - and yet you buy the meme.

Why do you have such a problem with people saying "READ THE BILL" before you vote on it. Know what is in it before you vote on it - are you really content to find out after it is "deemed" to pass?

That's really sad.
Joe B

United States

#12 Apr 11, 2010
Taxed Enough Already!

That is the TEA Party message.
Politicians who want to be elected or re-elected had better listen!
Heh

Windsor, CA

#13 Apr 11, 2010
And here are the old white bigots. Welcome to the new America. Learn to live with your neighbors.
puzzled

Phoenix, AZ

#14 Apr 11, 2010
I don't know who this Dave guy is who wrote this article.....but the only conclusion I can come to is he is around 40 years of age. My reasoning is simple and comes from a line most of us have heard before. If you're 20 and not a liberal, you don't have a heart. If you're 40 and a liberal, you don't have a brain. No more needing to be said.
The Party of HopeChange

Mckinleyville, CA

#15 Apr 11, 2010
Heh wrote:
And here are the old white bigots. Welcome to the new America. Learn to live with your neighbors.
Here is the second race charge, toned down to bigots - Hate Speech from the Progressive Democrat Party - by design and encouraged.
Geezer

Humble, TX

#16 Apr 11, 2010
Nothing like the frightened and hate-filled trying to defend what they think is a 'movement'.

The posts on here only strengthen the argument that
'tea-baggers' live in a very different (Whites only!) world.........

Beck and Coulter? Palin and Hannity?

THATS what you call conservatism?

Thats what I call socipathic fear-driven hate.
Not to mention lies, untruths, and plain old BS.
domino 21

Millville, CA

#17 Apr 11, 2010
I forgot to mention that when Tea Party folks are polled 40% say they are Independent or Democrat.
Dave

Mckinleyville, CA

#18 Apr 11, 2010
puzzled wrote:
I don't know who this Dave guy is who wrote this article.....but the only conclusion I can come to is he is around 40 years of age. My reasoning is simple and comes from a line most of us have heard before. If you're 20 and not a liberal, you don't have a heart. If you're 40 and a liberal, you don't have a brain. No more needing to be said.
I don't know who this "Puzzled" person is but he/she's assumation that I'm 40 years-old is absurd. Pulling an age out of the air and tying it into a rhetorical phrase from the Right is ridiculous.

By the way Skippy...I'm 60 years-old and don't belong to any political party.
The Party of HopeChange

Mckinleyville, CA

#19 Apr 11, 2010
Geezer wrote:
Nothing like the frightened and hate-filled trying to defend what they think is a 'movement'.
The posts on here only strengthen the argument that
'tea-baggers' live in a very different (Whites only!) world.........
Beck and Coulter? Palin and Hannity?
THATS what you call conservatism?
Thats what I call socipathic fear-driven hate.
Not to mention lies, untruths, and plain old BS.
Number # 3 in the Hate Speech posts - Race Card thrown again "(Whites only!)" This is a Progressive Democrat Party Strategy.
Divisive to the country and demonizes good people - The Politics of Hate - It's by design.
Good Summary

Mckinleyville, CA

#20 Apr 11, 2010
It Will Fall wrote:
Progressive Utopia: Big Taxes, Big Government
Dave: back to writing garbage!
Pretty much covers it, right Dave

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Entertainment Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 5 min Aquarius-WY 320,493
News The Internet Is Very Confused and Unhappy with ... (Apr '17) 43 min Logic101 6
News Corey Haim said Michael Jackson assaulted him o... 1 hr Jake 5
News Why Xavier University is staging play about man... 14 hr PayupSucka 4
News Franken's rising political star obscured by gri... 17 hr Ronald 2
News Ozzy Osbourne has rocking sex life (Feb '11) 17 hr yougottobekidding 38
News Suri Cruise's dog is missing in Los Angeles (Sep '14) 19 hr Christie Taylor 10
More from around the web