Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 306,951
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
VoteVets Org

United States

#27 Jan 23, 2008
Imperial Constantinian Christian elites ( Falwell, Robertson, Dobson,) do not believe in the separation of church and state. Since Constantine’s conversion a terrible co-joining of the church and state was institutionalized.

The Republican right wing fascist party has implemented an imperial Constantinian fundamentalist empire.( Phony Christians )

They believe in the prosperity gospel, market spirituality, money-obsessed churches, tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans even after September 11, 2001 and in a time of war.
Bush fascist Republicans want to do away with all government social justice programs.

Constantine himself flouted his piety even as he continued to dominate and conquer peoples. Sound familiar?( George “W”rong Bush )

These Bush fascist fundamentalist Republicans are all drunk drinking the Rush “From Drugs” Lying Corporatist Limbaugh ( Kool-Aid )
How pathetic

Hallandale, FL

#31 Jan 23, 2008
VoteVets Org wrote:
Imperial Constantinian Christian elites ( Falwell, Robertson, Dobson,) do not believe in the separation of church and state. Since Constantine’s conversion a terrible co-joining of the church and state was institutionalized.
The Republican right wing fascist party has implemented an imperial Constantinian fundamentalist empire.( Phony Christians )
They believe in the prosperity gospel, market spirituality, money-obsessed churches, tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans even after September 11, 2001 and in a time of war.
Bush fascist Republicans want to do away with all government social justice programs.
Constantine himself flouted his piety even as he continued to dominate and conquer peoples. Sound familiar?( George “W”rong Bush )
These Bush fascist fundamentalist Republicans are all drunk drinking the Rush “From Drugs” Lying Corporatist Limbaugh ( Kool-Aid )
it's about time someone said it!
WHO CARES

United States

#29 Jan 23, 2008
Arawak wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, so I slipped. All you anti abortion wackos, why don't you get a life, and go save a life in the trailer parks and ghettos? No camera's there huh?
You're all a bunch of wanna be's seeking the spotlight.
What will it be next week? Trying to save the cockroach?
You dummies have a right over your own bodies, come try and exercise it over mine......okay then....
Which trailer park do you live in ???
How pathetic

Hallandale, FL

#32 Jan 23, 2008
VoteVets Org wrote:
Newt Gingrich and his neo-con Republicans took control of Congress back in 1994 to 2006.
Bush stole the election in 2000 and most of his years he had a Republican House, Republican Senate, Republican Governors of most States and Republicans in most State Houses all across America.
Plus the Supreme Court has been Republican for decades.
The Republican party could have overturned Roe v. Wade for many years and they did not.
Republicans need that issue for votes so I believe they will never pass that.
==========
BAMBOOZLED AMERICANS
Americans are the most uninformed peoples in the free world.
http://beawitness.org/splash/
With All Due Respect,
Eric Arthur Blair
Republicans are DESPERATE for votes right now...they will do anything for votes...
Wise one

Allentown, PA

#33 Jan 23, 2008
Well "Arawak" certainly gets an "amen" from me. The hypocrisy surrounding the anti-choice folks is stifling--they're "pro-life", but only for those not yet living! Haven't met one yet who is against capital punishment, or who is interested in raising the necessary taxes to support the needs of the many children of poor families unable to adequately support them.

And every study of the matter has shown that unplanned children from single parent families have a much higher liklihood not to finish school, and be involved in crime--are you "pro-life" for them?

And BTW, every national poll has shown that the majority of Americans continue to support a woman's right to choose!

I for one am sick and tired of a small minority of very vocal, religiously-based self rightesous ealots trying to ram their narrow minded, outdated beliefs down our throats.

I have an idea-- you do what you believe in, and I'll do what I believe in. Sort of sounds like the great American way, doesn't it?
Sue

Greenwood, DE

#35 Jan 23, 2008
How pathetic wrote:
<quoted text>
People like you need to be shot...god damn right wing piece of shit, your probably a war supporter too, and probably think bush was the best president right...I hope you die a slow horrible death
I love how people pick such approperate names to choose! Could this jerk have piced any name more appropriate than "how pathetic"!!!!!!
FREE MAN

United States

#36 Jan 23, 2008
OF THE "THOUSANDS OF PROTESTERS" I'LL BET NOT A HUNDRED HAVE ADOPTED A CHILD. THEY'RE JUST A BUNCH OF GAY OR BORED WOMEN THAT CAN'T MAKE A BABY.{OR EVEN DRAW ON WITH CRAYON}
Right Wing Conspiracy

Waldorf, MD

#37 Jan 23, 2008
Tom wrote:
So exactly who is going to care for and raise the children who's mothers know better than to think they can succesfully raise a healthy baby? The Pro-Life Activists? I think not. Instead of wasting so much time causing near traffic accidents with your goofy signs, why not volunteer to care for the children who's mothers abandoned them rather than abort?
Pro-Lifers have no right to tell people what to do with their bodies and their lives.
I am an advocate of safe sex (abstinence is unrealistic). However, for the young girls out there that are torn by the decision of what to do during pregnancy, listen to and follow your heart.. not these wackadoo extremists that think they have any right to choose for you.
At the same time, for those with multiple abortions, get your tubes tied.
Actually, they do. A lot of the people involved (especially the Churches involved) perform a lot of charity to try to help people in need. Of course, who wants to recognize that when there is so much religous intolerance to spread.
Right Wing Conspiracy

Waldorf, MD

#38 Jan 23, 2008
VoteVets Org wrote:
Newt Gingrich and his neo-con Republicans took control of Congress back in 1994 to 2006.
Bush stole the election in 2000 and most of his years he had a Republican House, Republican Senate, Republican Governors of most States and Republicans in most State Houses all across America.
Plus the Supreme Court has been Republican for decades.
The Republican party could have overturned Roe v. Wade for many years and they did not.
Republicans need that issue for votes so I believe they will never pass that.
Not true. Ginsburg, Breyer, Stevens, and Souter are big-time liberals. Kennedy is not as liberal as they are, but leans to the left. These are the 5 that took our property rights away with the Eminent Domain decision. The 4 Conservatives(Republicans) all voted against Eminent Domain.

Most have been appointed by Republicans, but they also had to deal with a Democrat Congress for around 40 years prior to 1994. That's how appointing justices to the SCOTUS became a big issue.

Even the NY Times admitted Bush won Florida in 2,000. People didn't want a revote b/c they thought Gore won. They wanted a revote in hopes that it would be a 2 person race and Nader votes would switch their vote to Gore.
Right Wing Conspiracy

Waldorf, MD

#39 Jan 23, 2008
How pathetic wrote:
<quoted text>
People like you need to be shot...god damn right wing piece of shit, your probably a war supporter too, and probably think bush was the best president right...I hope you die a slow horrible death
So I take it you won't be voting for Hillary since her and Bill are just as responsible for getting us into the Iraq war?
Right Wing Conspiracy

Waldorf, MD

#40 Jan 23, 2008
VoteVets Org wrote:
What Church were you forced to join by the government?

Hopefully the religously intolerant never become too powerful. They seem way too eager to take all freedom of religion away from US citizens.

“Come Be a Fool with Me”

Since: Nov 07

Kingston, PA

#41 Jan 23, 2008
Wise one wrote:
And BTW, every national poll has shown that the majority of Americans continue to support a woman's right to choose!
WRONG, unless you define EVERY differently than me. And look the percentage difference is so HUGE, um, er, wait...
Two polls were released in May 2007 asking Americans "With respect to the abortion issue, would you consider yourself to be pro-choice or pro-life?" A CNN poll found 45% said pro-choice and 50% said pro-life. Within the following week, a Gallup poll found 49% responding pro-choice and 45% pro-life.

http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2007/images/05/09/rel6...

And, just so I understand you, the "choice" in pro-choice is the death of the unborn entity, correct? Not the "ending of its existence" or some other euphemism, but its death. Just so we are on the same page.
Right Wing Conspiracy

Waldorf, MD

#42 Jan 23, 2008
Thankfully through education and science more and more women are learning the cold hard truth about abortion. In every case an abortion involves the mother killing her child and they can never get them back after they make that permanent decision.

Pro-abortionists will try to block them from this knowledge. Whether they are trying to block legislation like Lacey's law which identifies a fetus as a human life (science supports that and why do they try to punish the women choosing not to have an abortion?), or prevent them from seeing a sonogram (where they can view the heartbeat of the child that's inside them), or deny the reports many women make of their abortion causing them depression.

Hopefully, the word will keep getting out, and women will be aware of the true consequences and just stop choosing to get abortions. Abortion clinics closing down due to lack of business would be a great thing. Not very profitable for groups like Planned Parenthood though.
whhhaaaaaaa

Fleetwood, PA

#43 Jan 23, 2008
I WONDER IF ANY ANTI ABORTION PEEPS BELIEVE IN THE DEATH PENALTY?

“Come Be a Fool with Me”

Since: Nov 07

Kingston, PA

#44 Jan 23, 2008
I believe in JUSTICE.
jeff

United States

#45 Jan 23, 2008
Tom wrote:
So exactly who is going to care for and raise the children who's mothers know better than to think they can succesfully raise a healthy baby? The Pro-Life Activists? I think not. Instead of wasting so much time causing near traffic accidents with your goofy signs, why not volunteer to care for the children who's mothers abandoned them rather than abort?
Pro-Lifers have no right to tell people what to do with their bodies and their lives.
I am an advocate of safe sex (abstinence is unrealistic). However, for the young girls out there that are torn by the decision of what to do during pregnancy, listen to and follow your heart.. not these wackadoo extremists that think they have any right to choose for you.
At the same time, for those with multiple abortions, get your tubes tied.
Seems to there are so many familys anxious to adopt a baby, so anxious the supply here is limited, so they must go buy one in some hole, it would be nice to see more American babies available for adoption, oh well there are those who feel it's murder to abort and those who think it a privacy issue, sadly the other responisible party has no say, dear old dad doesn't count in your world, oh well

Since: Apr 07

Pompano Beach, FL

#46 Jan 23, 2008
Right Wing Conspiracy wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true. Ginsburg, Breyer, Stevens, and Souter are big-time liberals. Kennedy is not as liberal as they are, but leans to the left. These are the 5 that took our property rights away with the Eminent Domain decision. The 4 Conservatives(Republicans) all voted against Eminent Domain.
Most have been appointed by Republicans, but they also had to deal with a Democrat Congress for around 40 years prior to 1994. That's how appointing justices to the SCOTUS became a big issue.
Even the NY Times admitted Bush won Florida in 2,000. People didn't want a revote b/c they thought Gore won. They wanted a revote in hopes that it would be a 2 person race and Nader votes would switch their vote to Gore.
So you think a newspaper never reports false information?

FYI-During the 2000 elections, FL saw approx. 180,000 UNCOUNTED votes (Harris halted further counting)when Bush led by only 600 or so. I think that's a very narrow margin not to count all those votes. Also there was proven voter fraud after the fact(illegals, dead, etc. were found to be part of the counted votes). I could go on. So is the NY Times the be all end all on who won? IMO, no.

Now back to topic...

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#47 Jan 23, 2008
whhhaaaaaaa wrote:
I WONDER IF ANY ANTI ABORTION PEEPS BELIEVE IN THE DEATH PENALTY?
Yep, some of us SURE do! You know the people that rape and kill little children? They need to die! They do not deserve life.

Since: Apr 07

Pompano Beach, FL

#49 Jan 23, 2008
Right Wing Conspiracy wrote:
Thankfully through education and science more and more women are learning the cold hard truth about abortion. In every case an abortion involves the mother killing her child and they can never get them back after they make that permanent decision.
Pro-abortionists will try to block them from this knowledge. Whether they are trying to block legislation like Lacey's law which identifies a fetus as a human life (science supports that and why do they try to punish the women choosing not to have an abortion?), or prevent them from seeing a sonogram (where they can view the heartbeat of the child that's inside them), or deny the reports many women make of their abortion causing them depression.
Hopefully, the word will keep getting out, and women will be aware of the true consequences and just stop choosing to get abortions. Abortion clinics closing down due to lack of business would be a great thing. Not very profitable for groups like Planned Parenthood though.
I disagree that Pro-choicers block woman from scientific knowledge. From what I can tell, most reputable organizations give counseling to ensure women make an informed decision, not the other way around.
Janaile

Brewerton, NY

#51 Jan 23, 2008
Lilrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
What's to post about? They're about 35 years too late. Abortion isn't going to be repealed. Never in history has a civil right been taken AWAY from people. Its simply not going to happen. More restrictions? Maybe, but that also wont stop anyone that wants one.
Education would help reduce the perceived necessity of abortion. Sadly, most that are against abortion are also against manditory education.
I agree with you on every count. I find it ironic that some people are so afraid of education. I think an once of prevention holds true here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Entertainment Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Faith and mike chat room 5 min faith short 229
Catholic Charities refuses to place children wi... (Jun '11) 23 min nOgOd 1,213
The Fall and Rise of Phenix City (May '09) 1 hr Will Dockery 11
Bono, Beyonce & The Boss headline Obama bash (Jan '09) 1 hr juegoskizi 6
Wahlberg Wants Conviction Tossed 2 hr Neatly 8
25 random facts about 'The Simpsons' 2 hr Mr anonomous proxy 1
A big apple for 'Kelly and Michael's' Top Teacher (May '13) 3 hr Dave smith 2
More from around the web