Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311604 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Chick Brilliance Returns

Chicopee, MA

#279508 Jan 24, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
"Person" is just a legal term, nit wit. In the womb it's still a human life.
Born alive and not breathing; person.
Born alive and never breathed then died; dead person.
Katie's view: Even if born alive, cord attached and not breathing = fetus.
Stupid logic that's based on: stillborns. Because a stillborn is considered a dead fetus.
Goes along with Chicky's stupid logic of "person".
PCers are such dopes.
So I see you figured out your error and then went on to try to justify your bullshit, anyway. Poor compulsive moron. Better luck next time, dummy. The dead are not persons, JUST like I said, ya gibbering buffoon.
Katie

Seattle, WA

#279509 Jan 24, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie: "Let nr know asap, mmkay?"
{NR looks around}
I think I heard my name called from the "postmenopausal militia" section..........
Look at all those middle-aged, angry-looking proabort women! Ewwww! Where's all the young people?
~~ shrug ~~
Chip....chip.....chip......
(92 state-law abortion restrictions in 2011 alone)
I am not post-menopausal. What a goofball you are, BB.
Gtown71

United States

#279510 Jan 24, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
The reason I posted the story of a woman who REGRETS being a mother was to challenge the FALSE assertion by anti-choicers that "mothers never regret having their children."
As the story by this woman clearly illustrates, that assertion is simply NOT TRUE. Women who are undecided about having children would probably find it very helpful to read this and other stories BEFORE they ever get married or get pregnant. NOT all girls/women are suited to motherhood, and if they read these stories and decide it is NOT for them, they have made the right decision. They don't need YOUR approval to make it either.
Yes Ocean, you're right, they don't need my approval.

I agreed with you about women regreting being a mother.

I do think "most " women, still have something built in them, that gives them a strong desire to be a mother.

I truly don't care if women becomes mothers, stay single, shack up with a friend, and buys a double wide trailer and fills it with rabbits and cats.

All women can do all they wish, it is their life.

They are the ones that must pay for their bad choices, and they are the ones that get to reap from their good choices.

When you want me to be ok with it being legal in my country, and you want me to be ok with the gov. Taking money out of my wallet and investing it in pp, then no.I'm not.

Women who don't wish to be a mother, need not get pregnant.
After they are pregnant, it is to late.
Gtown71

United States

#279511 Jan 24, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh geez, THAT nonsense again. Sorry, dude (not really), but any man who has a problem with a woman aborting the product of his sperm needs to ask the question "what would you do if you got pregnant?" BEFORE he sleeps with a woman, not afterward.
If he can't be bothered to take this simple precautionary step BEFORE having sex with or beginning a relationship with a woman, then he has only HIMSELF to blame when this situation arises. You don't get to force a woman to gestate an unwanted pregnancy any more than you can force her to abort one. Whether YOU like it or not, it is still the WOMAN's decision, and her RIGHT to make it.
I agree with your use of the word BEFORE.

Women need to deside BEFORE they get pregnant, if they want to be a mother.

After is to late.

Plus they need to impliment all the things you say men should.

Double standard.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#279512 Jan 24, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
She directed you there to show you that illegal abortion does not equal a safe abortion. Which is what you claimed earlier today. That even if an illegal abortion, it'd be as safe as a legal one.
She showed you're incorrect. And you couldn't be bothered to read why. But you sure can and do jump to conclusions. How do you know if you're correctly discerning if you don't know what you're talking about?
Of course he couldn't be bothered to read. His kind will NEVER acknowledge the truth.

I also directed him there to prove he'd do exactly what he did.

Ignore the facts.

Location hidden

#279513 Jan 24, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Again why should I read it?
Gee, I dont know. How about to prove you're not a DELIBERATELY ignorant idiot?
You seem to have read my post, and yet didn't interpet it correct.
I stated that if abortions were made illegal TODAY -NOW -AFTER 40 YEARS OF THEM MAKING TOOLS AND LEARNING THE EASIEST MOST EFFECTIVE WAYS OF ABORTION -that they would not have to go back to coathangers in a shady motel.
Really? And by what "logic" do you come to THAT moronic conclusion?
Illegal abortions are taken place today, the number we have only reflects those that are recorded.
Again, says who?
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#279515 Jan 24, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not post-menopausal. What a goofball you are, BB.
Close enough. You posted that you're going through menopause.

Location hidden

#279516 Jan 24, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>These hypocrites are trying to say that it's sooo "disrespectful" to show that picture as a graphic and stark testament to the pre-RvW years. Of course, marching around with posters of a dead fetus that they say is "a someone's precious baby" isn't disrespectful. Jeez, double standard, much?
Aint that the truth!

Location hidden

#279517 Jan 24, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
FooManSpew, you can now go to the front lines of military combat! Go for it!
Sorry No Relevance, I did my time in the Army back in the 80's. Now I'll stand at the front lines of women's right to CHOOSE.

And be as successful at doing THAT too! <<grin>>

Location hidden

#279518 Jan 24, 2013
Tondaleyo wrote:
<quoted text>Yesthey are, Whoopie Goldberg made me sick yesterday when she said abortion was necessary. THAT ITS NOT A CHOICE IN MOST CASES.
For someone that claims to hate her so much, you sure go out of your way to watch and quote her as often as you can.

Hypocrite.

Location hidden

#279519 Jan 24, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you prove your first point?
Hyde Amendment stupid Inkstain.
Gtown71

United States

#279520 Jan 24, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
Hey Gtown, here's ANOTHER story from a woman who seriously regrets becoming a mother. This is one more contradiction to the anti-choice "mothers never regret having their children" MYTH.
http://www.secret-confessions.com/hate/hate-b...
Gianna says: September 14, 2011 at 12:48 am
I love my son, but I hate being a mother. For me, motherhood has been a thankless, monotonous, exhausting, irritating, and oppressive job. I never wanted children, but I buckled into my husband’s desire to have a child and became pregnant at age 39. My husband has a romantic view of children and parenthood. He strongly believes that a life without children isn’t fulfilling. I agreed to get pregnant after much debate and regarded the decision as a compromise to keep contentment in the marriage. I should have listened to my gut instincts because I am not well suited to parenthood. I never enjoyed spending time around kids or playing with kids. Children, especially the out of control varieties, irritate me. The well behaved children bore me to tears. Motherhood hasn’t changed these feelings. Pregnancy was miserable and depressing. Motherhood feels like a prison sentence. I can’t wait until I am paroled when my son turns 18 and hopefully goes far away to college. I am blessed with a supportive, loving husband. But despite his best intentions, most of the parenting and household responsibilities fall on my shoulders. I am currently searching for full time work and cannot wait to put my son in daycare or with a nanny. My husband wants me to be a stay at home mom until our son starts school, but I cannot tolerate another 2 years of a childcentric existence without becoming nuttier than a fruitcake. Motherhood seems to be causing my IQ to drop with rapid speed. I expect to become a drooling, blathering idiot if I don’t return to the real world soon and get some of elements of my former life back. To make matters worse, my smothering in-laws, who pre-baby demanded tons of time and attention, have intensified the guilt trips to “spend time together” ever sense the baby enter the picture. Weekly visits with the in laws have evolved into visits 4 or more times a week. MIL has tons of parenting expertise that I don’t need or want to hear. She is spoiling my son with buying him crap on a daily basis that he doesn’t need and uses it as an excuse to “stop by and see the baby”. I recently returned a cartload of unnecessary crap to Toys R Us and Baby Gap and used the cash to buy two pairs of sexy boots and a bottle of perfume. This experience was the highlight of my year.
IMO women who are either undecided about having children or have made the decision to be childfree (no kids by choice) would benefit from reading stories like this one. Given the choices between childfree and unhappy motherhood, I think it's far better for a woman to be childfree rather than an unhappy mother.
I like the story, and find it again true.

I know these women are not making these stories up.

See ocean I try to say what I believe is true, even when it goes against all I stand with.

Sounds like she needs to walk away and sign over her rights to her MIL,who keeps buying the kid junk! Lol

I'm very thankful at times, that my family is dead, and my wifes are far away.

I've already stated raising kids are hard, some moms don't connect witg their kids, but I still believe it is a normal part of life.

They can make their own choices.
She didn't have to BUCKLE into her husbands wishes.
Gtown71

United States

#279521 Jan 24, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Public money does not pay for abortion. You have been informed of that fact many times. Stop lying. As for your problem with the man not having a say in pregnancy, I don't know what you to do be done about that. She cannot be forced to stay pregnant because the man wants her to. It's simply impossible for him to carry the burden and the risk of pregnancy. Therefore, it's not for him to have the
final say.
Sure it don't.

Ok so public money "our money taken and given to whom the gov see's fit ",and the gov sees fit to give planned parenthood alot of money, right?

Ok and they have money to helo pay for abortions, and label the pm for something else.

If they "pp " had to pay for that somethung else out of tbeir money, then they wouldnt have enough to help pay for abortions.

No matter how you say it, the money the gov forces from us, and gives to them does help go toward abortions.

One way or another.
Gtown71

United States

#279522 Jan 24, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh geez, THAT nonsense again. Sorry, dude (not really), but any man who has a problem with a woman aborting the product of his sperm needs to ask the question "what would you do if you got pregnant?" BEFORE he sleeps with a woman, not afterward.
If he can't be bothered to take this simple precautionary step BEFORE having sex with or beginning a relationship with a woman, then he has only HIMSELF to blame when this situation arises. You don't get to force a woman to gestate an unwanted pregnancy any more than you can force her to abort one. Whether YOU like it or not, it is still the WOMAN's decision, and her RIGHT to make it.
You didn't have to write sorry,dude (not really)

You could have just left out the comma between sorry and dude.
That would've made many happy. Lol
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#279523 Jan 24, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Now show me where all that government money given to PP is held separate and is accounted for. It's a money shell game.
Gtown71

United States

#279524 Jan 24, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Apparently, the idiots that think they need a 30 round clip when they go hunting don't agree with you. What great sportsmen, eh?
Does anyone need a car that goes over 85 mph?

When the right to bear arms was written in (not just made legal, by a handfull of judges, like abortion), using the guns for hunting was the last thing on their minds.

It was so that in case the gov decided to run shotgun over those in which they govern.

You can outlaw all the clips you want, there is sooo many out there now, it would be crazy to think they will get them all, and a clip, is so easy to make I'm surprised it is not on pintrest. Lol
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#279525 Jan 24, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think that covers it? Maybe you are ignorant of all the ways to get around it.

http://www.prochoice.org/about_abortion/facts...
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#279526 Jan 24, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure it don't.
Ok so public money "our money taken and given to whom the gov see's fit ",and the gov sees fit to give planned parenthood alot of money, right?
Ok and they have money to helo pay for abortions, and label the pm for something else.
If they "pp " had to pay for that somethung else out of tbeir money, then they wouldnt have enough to help pay for abortions.
No matter how you say it, the money the gov forces from us, and gives to them does help go toward abortions.
One way or another.
That's true but in many states it is paid for by medicaid for very loose reasons. Ones which any woman could easily attest to.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#279527 Jan 24, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry No Relevance, I did my time in the Army back in the 80's. Now I'll stand at the front lines of women's right to CHOOSE.
And be as successful at doing THAT too! <<grin>>
FooManSpew: "Now I'll stand at the front lines of women's right to CHOOSE."

^^^ Postmenopause Militia ^^^

(LMAO!)
Gtown71

United States

#279528 Jan 24, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Didn't you mention Norma McCorvey earlier, and wasn't it you that brought up another women who was allegedly rushed to a hospital in St. Louis because of a "botched" abortion at PP? What was your purpose in that? Pushing your agenda?
Just to show that there is no such thing as a "safe " abortion. That's all.

With regaurds to the lady "they used " to get all of this started, it is becouse many feel that prolife people are just uneducated and ignorant to the facts.

I was just pointing out the fact, that their poster child that was ROE only had a ninth grade education.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Entertainment Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Backlash for Trump after he lashes out at the M... 2 min Battle Tested 999
News This gay Senate candidate is running in the lan... 45 min stupid is as stup... 38
News 'I Am Cait' canceled 3 hr TerriB1 6
Learn How to Write Successful Application Essays 6 hr Thomas 1
Backup & Restore Samsung Galaxy Note 7 with One... 6 hr MagloireHunt 2
News Donald Trump discussed continuing 'The Apprenti... 13 hr Geezer 2
News The new Allentown Beer Festival: What's brewing 15 hr silly rabbit 1
More from around the web