Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 336852 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Ocean56

AOL

#276121 Jan 12, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
The biggest reason I'm against abortion, has nothing to do with wanting to control women, it has to do, with knowing that abortion will not solve the problem they have. Also most abortions have nothing to do with rape or incest, that many use for the rights to abort. Most are done , jusy becouse they want one and it is legal to get one.
Oh PLEASE. It has EVERYTHING to do with wanting to control women; specifically, a woman's right to decide whether or not to continue a pregnancy, whether you admit that or not. You're obviously pissed that a woman can choose to get an abortion simply because she DOESN'T want to be pregnant. Too bad, pal.

Motherhood is still OPTIONAL, not required, even if a pregnancy happens. If it isn't YOUR pregnancy, it isn't your decision, simple as that.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#276122 Jan 12, 2013
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> If a pregnant woman had a scheduled c-section for January 2, would you support her choice to electively abort on January 1?.
Ah, deflecting with a question. I get it. You know full well that I don't think the gov't should be involved at all. You go on about it all the time.
Katie

Seattle, WA

#276123 Jan 12, 2013
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
Human brains aren't fully functioning untill adult. There is no significant physical difference between a 32 week fetus brain and a neonates brain.
That has nothing to do with my point.

The amniotic fluid acts as an anesthetic. Following delivery, it takes about 48hrs for the brain to function without the effects of the amniotic fluid.

Cool, huh?
Ocean56

AOL

#276124 Jan 12, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
Most people that speak for abortion, and speak about how hard, or bad it is to raise kids, have never had kids.
Untill a person has a child of their own, they can never know the love and joy that a child can bring into your life.
Both statements are a matter of OPINION, not fact. I'm a parent, and I have NO problem saying that it is VERY hard to raise kids, for the reasons I have already stated. If you have issues with my saying that, too bad.

“Proud to be a Wiccan Priest”

Since: Jul 09

Jonesboro AR

#276126 Jan 12, 2013
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> If a pregnant woman had a scheduled c-section for January 2, would you support her choice to electively abort on January 1?.
Skanky, your question is both inane and stupid. You are suggesting that you and any one else should be involved in each and every medical decision a woman makes for her pregnancy.

You question also opens up the the idea that we all should be there and second guess each of the doctors medical advice and expertise.

But that is what you antichoice little fools really want is a foot in the door to dictate to doctors, and their patients, how and the way a pregnancy should proceed.

Thank The Goddesses and The Gods that we have HIPAA and Roe v Wade to keep fools, like you, away from interfering with a woman pregnancy and her medical provider.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#276127 Jan 12, 2013
Kathwynn wrote:
<quoted text>
ARRGGG!! There is not enough brain bleach to undo that minds image ROFL..
LOL...can't you just see Ink going in circles doing a chicken walk and flapping elbows squawking like an angry chicken?

"bawk bawk bawk...BAWKAAAW!!"

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#276128 Jan 12, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO No kidding!!!
And then we have the sanctimonious sisters, Lynne and No Relevance, who are ONLY good at mutual masturbation.
.....and then there's Knut and Inkstain.....
Yeah well...... LOL
The PLs lip-lock each others asses like yes-men lackeys on CEO butt...lmao!

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#276129 Jan 12, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
When you can't get your way, call the other party a chicken! A true sign of tolerance and wisdom.
Hell yeah...just revert back to grammar school playground tactics..."You're just chicken bawk bawk bawk BAWK!"

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#276130 Jan 12, 2013
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Pregnant women, not women in general.
Why stop there, Bejay? Why not make it illegal for pregnant women to eat sugary snacks like cakes and cookies? In fact, make it illegal for them to consume anything but proteins and veggies. Let's make it illegal for them to sit in highway traffic jams breathing exhaust fumes. Make it illegal for them to drink caffeinated drinks like coffee and soda. And lets make it a law that they have to read the bible aloud to their tummies everyday while they're pregnant, huh? You fundies would love that I'm sure.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#276131 Jan 12, 2013
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text>Your post is total rubbish.
No, I don't "keep writing as other people from NY".
Don't believe me? I don't care.
How about that ;)
LMAO....I could almost hear your feet stomping! Did you stick your tongue out too?
bman

Commack, NY

#276132 Jan 12, 2013
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
....is a constitutionally protected right.
So was slavery.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#276133 Jan 12, 2013
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text>You sound a tad bit jealous there long night moo'ing ;)
Is that your fantasy job?
Hey, I didn't use the name Long Night for nothin', B.J.

;)

lmao!

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#276134 Jan 12, 2013
Kathwynn wrote:
<quoted text>
Skanky, your question is both inane and stupid. You are suggesting that you and any one else should be involved in each and every medical decision a woman makes for her pregnancy.
You question also opens up the the idea that we all should be there and second guess each of the doctors medical advice and expertise.
But that is what you antichoice little fools really want is a foot in the door to dictate to doctors, and their patients, how and the way a pregnancy should proceed.
Thank The Goddesses and The Gods that we have HIPAA and Roe v Wade to keep fools, like you, away from interfering with a woman pregnancy and her medical provider.
These idiots seem to think of being "pro-choice" as pertaining ONLY to pregnancy.

Nobody who supports another persons freedom to make their own choices (within the law) is endorsing any of the actual choices. That is relevant to any aspect of out lives. I'm an atheist and do not believe in God or have any use for religion, but I support their *freedom* to choose for themselves what they believe or their desire to follow a religion. I support their freedom to speak their opinions but I don't agree with anything they actually say.

Why is that so hard for these people to understand?

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#276135 Jan 12, 2013
I lived because skilled doctors gave my body a chance to heal. I'm damned hard to kill. No god had anything to do with it.
Forum carlsbad nm wrote:
<quoted text>
So how come you didn't die? He saved your life because
you wanted to live. Maybe he likes you. God says Hi.

Indianapolis

#276136 Jan 12, 2013
I'd point out the flaws in your logic, but you have no logic. A manufactured product has nothing to do with a doctor's duty to his patient.
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
The law regulates traffic and manufacture of drugs based on pompus self rightious control freaks. Since their are illegal drugs likewise their should be illegal medical procedures. And killing defenseles babies should be one of them.
grumpy

Hackensack, NJ

#276141 Jan 12, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
NR: It is through pregnancy that mankind procreates. Yes or no?
Ocean: Yes, it is.

Indianapolis

#276143 Jan 12, 2013
No, it wasn't--it was considered a state's issue under the 10th amendment. If it were constitutional, it would have to be legal in all states, and it never was.
bman wrote:
<quoted text>
So was slavery.
Gtown71

United States

#276148 Jan 12, 2013
sassylicious wrote:
I think most would be just fine with letting the doc, that was planning to do the c- section on Jan 2, if he would, then he could just do the abortion himself.

Sad.
Gtown71

United States

#276151 Jan 12, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh PLEASE. It has EVERYTHING to do with wanting to control women; specifically, a woman's right to decide whether or not to continue a pregnancy, whether you admit that or not. You're obviously pissed that a woman can choose to get an abortion simply because she DOESN'T want to be pregnant. Too bad, pal.
Motherhood is still OPTIONAL, not required, even if a pregnancy happens. If it isn't YOUR pregnancy, it isn't your decision, simple as that.
You say motherhood is an option, so IF the laws were extended for a woman to take her child to the doc, and have them aborted, up to age 12 would you be ok, if a woman took her 11 year old, and legaly had them aborted?

Indianapolis

#276152 Jan 12, 2013
Of course they did--it's done with virtually all pneumonia cases regardless of gender or orientation. And, like every other test I've had--every three to six months since they became available--it was negative.

BTW--they had no idea if I was gay or straight.
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
cPeter: "Your god nearly killed me with pneumonia"
Gay man with pneumonia. I'm sure you received an HIV test.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Entertainment Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Clinton: Free press is under 'open assault' in ... 5 min RustyS 16
Sexy Actor 14 min Hand Solo 1
Best dating sites 2018 49 min jose 1
News How Sean Hannity's Relationship With Michael Co... 7 hr OccupyThis 8
News Beardsley Zoo's fundraiser is a Tiger Trot for ... 9 hr Gavone 1
News Feel-good musical ends Bridgeport Cabaret season 9 hr Gavone 1
News Judge Judy's $47million salary is NOT too much,... 11 hr Edith 4