Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311004 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Elises Daughters Soul

Chicago, IL

#274126 Jan 3, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>No, I didn't. He's alive and well, and living in Long Beach, CA. I did have an abortion, once. If I was going to regret it, I wouldn't have an one. I made the right decision. I'm sorry that you don't approve. You're responsible for your reactions and emotions. I'm good, thanks:-)
Elise: "I did have an abortion, once. If I was going to regret it, I wouldn't have an one."

“Never give up”

Since: Dec 12

Avon, OH

#274127 Jan 3, 2013
Kenose wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for letting us know how full of yourself you really are.
You're a laughable fundie and nothing more.
That's probably what Noah' neighbors said about him before the Great Flood.
Gtown71

United States

#274128 Jan 3, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
I answered you earlier. I said yes. You asked what that makes me, and I responded "HUMAN".
I know you didn't like that answer, but its the truth.
Why switch the answer, when the you're asked the question?
if I lie, then you have no problem calling me a liar.
You've called me one many times, when you thought I lied.
I don't recall you saying to me, YOU HUMAN!!!

If a person lies, then that person has become a liar
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#274129 Jan 3, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody has to capitalize it. It's done out of respect.
Foo is Jewish and doesn't believe in Jesus the way you do.
If there's no belief, there's no respect. Quit being such a control freak, Pinnochioboy.
Actually it isn't done out of respect. Proper nouns are always capitalized as well as the first word of a aentence.

We all know what she is doing and it shouldn't bother anybody considering the source. Be careful not to look as ignorant as she.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#274130 Jan 3, 2013
I know how the bible was collated. It is one book, just like a book of short stories is still a book. A lot of other books were considered and then destroyed in the process;only books that furthered the early church's agenda were kept. There is no way to prove your deity guided its editing process.

Evolution in the context of this discussion is a biological process; it has nothing to do with the origin of life. You need to read a real science book; scientific theory isn't just guesswork. There is ample evidence to support evolution; there is none whatsoever to support your deity--or any other deity.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, the bible is not A book, it is many books, written by many different men "under the guidance of the Holy Spirit ",many years apart.
So to say there are not any other books that back up the bible is not right.
People seem to think a few men set down, and wrote the bible, in a few weeks time, and that there is no other book to back it up.
There are 66 books in the bible alone.
Plus, there are 6 basic concepts of evolution,or are they???
1. COSMIC EVOLUTION : Big bang maked hydrogen
2. CHEMICAL EVOLUTION : Higher elements evolve
3. EVOLUTION OF STARS AND PLANETS FROM GAS
4. ORGANIC EVOLUTION : Life from rocks
5. MACRO EVOLUTION : Changes between kinds of plants and animals
6. MICRO EVOLUTION : Changes within kinds
ONLY THE LAST ONE HAS BEEN OBSERVED, AND CAN BE CALLED SCIENCE
THE FIRST FIVE ARE "BELIEVED BY FAITH "
LUCY, nearly all experts agree that lucy was a 3 ft. Tall chimpanzee
NEBRASKA MAN, scientificaly built up from ONE tooth, later found to be the tooth of a pig
MODERN MAN, this genius thinks we came from monkeys, or slim covered rocks. Lol
Not to mention the basis for it all, and that was a tiny dot, that begin to spin so fast, that "BIG BANG ",and our universe was born.
The main problem with the idea that all these planets spin around in the solar system, is that two of the planets, spin in the opposite direction.
God does take faith.
"For by grace are ye saved, through faith.
Nothing we can do to "earn "it. Its a free gift.
Nothing we can do, to brag about how we deserve heaven.
Evolution takes more faith, snd yet promises little, if anything.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#274131 Jan 3, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>You are incapable of anything but one dimensional thought. I have said that before and you prove me correct, all of the time. Two statements can be correct. A child learns to lie by its own critical thinking AND by direct example from people around him. Life isn't linear, you ridiculous little woman. How do you get through the day?
We all know children will lie if taught to. She said they only lie due to being taught by their parents. If you are going to agree with them, at least know what they said.
Elises Daughters Soul

Chicago, IL

#274132 Jan 3, 2013
"Hi,'doctor'. Mankind was created with this normal process called pregnancy. But, here's the thing: There's a baby girl in my womb & I want to pay you to rip her apart, squish her beating heart, and crush her skull. Remove her in pieces. You see, I don't want to be inconvenienced. So, KILL HER!" - Elise
Elises Daughters Soul

Chicago, IL

#274133 Jan 3, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>I always knew that anti-semitism is caused by Jews. How do I know? Mel Gibson said so and Bill O'Reilly concurred.
---------( o o )---------
---oo0---(_)---0oo----

"Grumpy = Bonafide Bonerless Bonehead"
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#274134 Jan 3, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>So, you are rewriting the definition of a lie, to suit yourself. If you know that there is no Santa, but you tell your kids that he is bringing them gifts, you are a liar. Period. Of course, it's not a harmful lie, but it is a lie. You don't see it that way... okay, but the fact is, you do lie.
See, this is what is wrong with you: you refuse to be held accountable for your behavior and for your words. I have no problem with you people telling me that I killed a life when I had an abortion. That is true. However, you are lying when you call me a murderer, because abortion is not murder. Murder is a legal term. You say you aren't a liar, because you think you can make up your own definition of the word, "lie." That is dishonest. I am honest. You are not.
Couldn't disagree more.
BTW you didn't just kill a life, you killed your child.

Did you see the picture of the baby holding the doctor's finger before she was born through C-section?

Calling her 'a life' instead of a daughter is dishonest.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#274135 Jan 3, 2013
It's the demandig that's oppressive. That is different than asking; that's "my way or the highway" talk and is antithetic to real marriage.
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you have to be more specific as to what defines 'oppression'.
For example, if a husband demands that his wife not wear skin-tight jeans and a skin-tight shirt when she goes to the grocery store, that is a reasonable request because he doesn't want men to hit on his wife. This is not oppression.
Now, if a husband were to install security cameras throughout the inside of his house because he wanted to make sure that his wife had cleaned the house while he was at work, now this would be oppression.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#274136 Jan 3, 2013
sassyliciouus wrote:
<quoted text> What constitutes a "decent person" in your opinion? You ended your childs life and remain unrepentant about it.
Speaking of lies.....deception......living in denial.......
Good question.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#274137 Jan 3, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody has to capitalize it. It's done out of respect.
Foo is Jewish and doesn't believe in Jesus the way you do.
If there's no belief, there's no respect. Quit being such a control freak, Pinnochioboy.
Exactly. I have zero respect for the brand of "faith" the basement boy professes to have, so why should I show respet for it? Do we EVER see him show respect by posting the word spelled as the Jewish faith spells G-d?

He's just another Jackass for Jesus.

There No Relevance, I capitalized it. Happy?
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#274138 Jan 3, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither one of my PERSONAL views (that you edited OUT OF CONTEXT for your own agenda) are against the views of the Jewish faith IN THE ORIGINAL CONTEXT THEY WERE WRITTEN.
Comment 1) I dont give two shits about those ZEFS, neither do you - only I'm honest enough to admit it. I care MORE about the living, breathing, "walking around women" (to paraphrase Judge Scalia) and THEIR right to make their own medical decisions than I am about the unwanted zygotes and embryo's that make up over 98% of abortions that are done.
Comment 2) Thank you for repeating it obsessively. Just in case ANYONE was unsure, lets make it even MORE clear, shall we?
Ladies and Gentlemen!
Be prepared for a NEWSFLASH!!
If you are planning to have an abortion, you are ending ****gasp*** YOUR PREGNANCY!
I know, its a shock, but that's what you're doing.***WHEW*** Now that we got that SPOILER out of the way, lets continue:
More - you're ending the possiblity of THIS pregnancy. You're killing the zygote, embryo or non-viable fetus that you either dont want to begin with, or for WHATEVER reason - cannot have.
But lets be clear, IF YOU'VE BEEN EDUCATED about it, you're making one of only three choices you have, and WHATEVER CHOICE YOU MAKE, ITS OKAY. You have the legal and moral right to make the best and most responsible decision FOR YOU.
Another newsflash coming ....... wait for it.......
IT AINT NOBODY ELSES BUSINESS WHAT DECISION YOU MAKE. YOU OWE NOBODY <<<let me repeat that>>> YOU DONT OWN ANYONE ANY EXPLAINATIONS NOR DO YOU HAVE TO JUSTIFY YOUR DECISION TO ANYONE, ESPECIALLY YAHOO'S LIKE THESE FOOLS THAT DONT KNOW YOU FROM ADAM AND WHO WONT BE AFFECTED IN ANY WAY BY YOUR CHOICE.
IF THEY DONT LIKE IT, FUCK 'EM!
Now phony religous idiots like No Relevance, Skanky, Knutbar, Inkstain, and others here like Lyin Lynne will tell you that you're murderers, you're going to hell, and anything else they can think that's hateful, spiteful, and negative.
See the second newsflash above and respond accordingly.
OH! And know, that LITERALLY millions of Americans have and will continue to fight for your right to CONTINUE to make your OWN MEDICAL CHOICES.
Here is the open letter from the American Jewish COngress about abortion. You'll see my view is not much different than theirs.
http://www.violence.de/ajc/ajc.pdf
FooManSpew: "You're killing the zygote, embryo or non-viable fetus that you either dont want to begin with, or for WHATEVER reason - cannot have. But lets be clear, IF YOU'VE BEEN EDUCATED about it, you're making one of only three choices you have, and WHATEVER CHOICE YOU MAKE, ITS OKAY."

^^^ Deathscort Foo supports the 98% of abortions that are elective ^^^

^^^ Practicing Jews aren't supposed to support elective abortions ^^^

^^^ Ergo, Deathscort Foo is a faux Jew ^^^

No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#274139 Jan 3, 2013
NR: "Preborn baby is clearly affected by abortion...to death."

FooManSpew: "Yes dear, that IS the point of abortion."

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#274140 Jan 3, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why switch the answer, when the you're asked the question?
if I lie, then you have no problem calling me a liar.
You've called me one many times, when you thought I lied.
I don't recall you saying to me, YOU HUMAN!!!
If a person lies, then that person has become a liar
I said "it makes you human" many times actually when you asked what it made you. Funny how you have selective reading disorder.
Katie

Seattle, WA

#274141 Jan 3, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it isn't done out of respect. Proper nouns are always capitalized as well as the first word of a aentence.
We all know what she is doing and it shouldn't bother anybody considering the source. Be careful not to look as ignorant as she.
NR was specifically talking about capitalizing Jesus. Jesus is not a proper noun. It doesn't have to be capitalized, except out of respect, like I said.

Now Christ is a proper noun. But that wasn't the context of NR's post.

Foo isn't the ignorant one here.
Katie

Seattle, WA

#274142 Jan 3, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly. I have zero respect for the brand of "faith" the basement boy professes to have, so why should I show respet for it? Do we EVER see him show respect by posting the word spelled as the Jewish faith spells G-d?
He's just another Jackass for Jesus.
There No Relevance, I capitalized it. Happy?
Jackass for Jesus is quite fitting, Foo.
Love it!
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#274143 Jan 3, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Really, the most famous? What were their names.... dumbo?
Why did you call him dumbo? There are plenty of sites that would give you the names and contributions to science. Here's only one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Jesuit_s...

Look things up before you decide they are wrong.
Katie

Seattle, WA

#274144 Jan 3, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
I said "it makes you human" many times actually when you asked what it made you. Funny how you have selective reading disorder.
More like he has selective answer disorder. He wants you to answer in a specific way, his/her way.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#274145 Jan 3, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. I intentionally and outrightly disrespect **YOUR RELIGIOUS FAITH**.
Keywords: "YOUR" version of "faith".
You do not represent ANY faith that I respect or will show ANY respect for under ANY circumstances. You are no more a christian than a cockroach is.
To ME, you are no better than Fred Phelps, and in fact COULD be his daughter. I spit on THEIR version of 'christianity' too.
FooManChew: Yes. I intentionally and outrightly disrespect **YOUR RELIGIOUS FAITH**. Keywords: "YOUR" version of "faith".

Here's the thing, FooChewOnIt, your posts that neglect to capitalize Jesus' name were not to me.

You're too dumb to even present a decent, honest comeback.

You're a mess..........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Entertainment Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Malia and Sasha Obama 3 hr Responsibility 11
News Vanceboro family featured on 'Wife Swap' (Mar '09) 6 hr lisa 15
News Sex, Drugs, and Wizards 7 hr lucifer beruff 7
News DNA test allegedly shows Michael Jackson had lo... (Mar '14) 8 hr Prince Fan 56
News Spike Lee on working with Prince and Michael Ja... 8 hr Prince Fan 1
News Next 25 Articles 11 hr Three Days 1
News Sources: KTVK drops 'Good Morning Arizona' pers... (Mar '09) 12 hr HotnPhx 840
More from around the web