Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 309943 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Never give up”

Since: Dec 12

North Olmsted, OH

#274104 Jan 3, 2013
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
If you really think abortion doctors are powerful enough to sway the legislature into including an exception to those laws that would accommodate their profession, then lawyers would also be equally successful in swaying the legislature into accommodating their profession with regard to malpractice, especially when most legislators ARE lawyers.
Talk about dumbdumb 2!!!
Here's another one that if they had to put his brain into a chicken, it would run straight to the butcher.
I'm not getting what you're trying to say about lawyers and malpractice. Please clarify this.
No Relativism

West Lafayette, IN

#274105 Jan 3, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not what he said MORON.
"Most Jews believe that abortions may be warranted." And that's true, which is why they dont want legislation making it illegal.
FooMuffChew: "You're killing the zygote, embryo or non-viable fetus that you either dont want to begin with, or for WHATEVER reason - cannot have."

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...
_____

FooMuffChew: " "I dont give two shits about those ZEFS"

______

Foo says she is a practicing Jew. So, we can see what "practicing Jews" believe about abortion through her posted sentiments.
No Relativism

West Lafayette, IN

#274106 Jan 3, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody has to capitalize it. It's done out of respect.
Foo is Jewish and doesn't believe in Jesus the way you do.
If there's no belief, there's no respect. Quit being such a control freak, Pinnochioboy.
KatieFartFlag: "Foo is Jewish & doesn't believe in Jesus...If there's no belief, There's no respect."

You are admitting that foo intentionally and outrightly disrespects my religious Faith.

That is the definition of bigotry.

Moron.
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#274107 Jan 3, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
And then the freak wants to demand that I capitalize jesus because HE says so.@@ Yeah. Right.
I saw that and posted on it.
He'd fit in better in the Middle East.
They have Christians over there, too. He should become an exchange student for a year or so.

“Never give up”

North Olmsted, OH

#274108 Jan 3, 2013
<quoted text>
Oh, so now abortion is a sin. Wow!!!
How do you feel about Hosea 13:16? I suppose that if you're right, then it could be argued that G-d commanded the Israelites to be sinful when he commanded them to rip open the pregnant women of Samaria.
Hosea 13:16

"The people of Samaria must bear their guilt,
because they have rebelled against their God.
They will fall by the sword;
their little ones will be dashed to the ground,
their pregnant women ripped open.[a]"

God did not instruct the Israelis to rip open the pregnant women, that was a decision which was made by the Israelis. It was a terrible decision to make and I can only hope that God forgave them for this terrible act.
Kenose

Westbury, NY

#274109 Jan 3, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
No doubt, that much of our money is being spent on stupid stuff, and I have no holier then thou attitude.
I am a sinner saved by grace.
If I got what I deserved, I would be in Hell.
I'm simply trying to tell others, that sin is real, God made a way, but you must believe you have done, and do sin, before you will even consider looking toward the one that loved you, and died for you, and gave himself for you.
If no God, then why does it bother you to do wrong? Or why did it used to bother you, before you had your consience seard with an iron?
Hell isn't mentioned once in your bible. Too bad you're unable to accept that simple fact.

Oh and sin is "real" in that it is a man made concept. Before your religion distorted that word, SIN was the name of the Babylonian Moon God, but why would you care about religious and cultural history?

Keep your holier than thou nose pointed upwards and your head buried in the sand.

“Never give up”

North Olmsted, OH

#274110 Jan 3, 2013
<quoted text>
I meant to ask you; do you believe a wild forest fire is an evil?
No, case in point, the Native Americans used to set forests fires to clear out dead brush and small trees so to prevent a larger forest fire from happened. A large forest fire often would destroy everything in a forest.

What would be evil is if the Native Americans set fires to healthy forests.
Kenose

Westbury, NY

#274111 Jan 3, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
God is perfect, and He did create perfect humans, yet He gave them free will.
He didn't want robots.
My daughter is just fine, and atleast I thought enough to let her be born.
Here name is Chloe, not choice.
I know enough about science. True science backs up the bible.
Like your buddy said, tornados rip trees down, and ice cubes knock them over, but in order to be a fossil, they must be buried quickly. So there goes that idea.
When they do find a dino bone, it is rare they find a comple skeliton.
A head here, and a leg there, or many different wads of bones, mixed together.
So either, a dino's head fell off and quikly sank in the mud, or a flood occured, and the dinos drowned, floated to the top, the after a few weeks began to break apart, and sink down into the mud.
As long as God lives, then there will be those who try to discredit Him.
they seek a sign, but no sign shall be given.
Anyone can be a "decent " person, but one must be sinnless in the eyes of God, to enter heaven.
Those covered by the blood of the Lamb are rightous in Gods eyes, those not, are self rightous.
Just about everything you post is unprovable garbage and your wishful speculation. You do not deal in facts or evidence.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#274112 Jan 3, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
FooMuffChew: "You're killing the zygote, embryo or non-viable fetus that you either dont want to begin with, or for WHATEVER reason - cannot have."
_____
FooMuffChew: " "I dont give two shits about those ZEFS"
______
Foo says she is a practicing Jew. So, we can see what "practicing Jews" believe about abortion through her posted sentiments.
Neither one of my PERSONAL views (that you edited OUT OF CONTEXT for your own agenda) are against the views of the Jewish faith IN THE ORIGINAL CONTEXT THEY WERE WRITTEN.

Comment 1) I dont give two shits about those ZEFS, neither do you - only I'm honest enough to admit it. I care MORE about the living, breathing, "walking around women" (to paraphrase Judge Scalia) and THEIR right to make their own medical decisions than I am about the unwanted zygotes and embryo's that make up over 98% of abortions that are done.

Comment 2) Thank you for repeating it obsessively. Just in case ANYONE was unsure, lets make it even MORE clear, shall we?

Ladies and Gentlemen!

Be prepared for a NEWSFLASH!!

If you are planning to have an abortion, you are ending ****gasp*** YOUR PREGNANCY!

I know, its a shock, but that's what you're doing.***WHEW*** Now that we got that SPOILER out of the way, lets continue:

More - you're ending the possiblity of THIS pregnancy. You're killing the zygote, embryo or non-viable fetus that you either dont want to begin with, or for WHATEVER reason - cannot have.

But lets be clear, IF YOU'VE BEEN EDUCATED about it, you're making one of only three choices you have, and WHATEVER CHOICE YOU MAKE, ITS OKAY. You have the legal and moral right to make the best and most responsible decision FOR YOU.

Another newsflash coming ....... wait for it.......

IT AINT NOBODY ELSES BUSINESS WHAT DECISION YOU MAKE. YOU OWE NOBODY <<<let me repeat that>>> YOU DONT OWN ANYONE ANY EXPLAINATIONS NOR DO YOU HAVE TO JUSTIFY YOUR DECISION TO ANYONE, ESPECIALLY YAHOO'S LIKE THESE FOOLS THAT DONT KNOW YOU FROM ADAM AND WHO WONT BE AFFECTED IN ANY WAY BY YOUR CHOICE.

IF THEY DONT LIKE IT, FUCK 'EM!

Now phony religous idiots like No Relevance, Skanky, Knutbar, Inkstain, and others here like Lyin Lynne will tell you that you're murderers, you're going to hell, and anything else they can think that's hateful, spiteful, and negative.

See the second newsflash above and respond accordingly.

OH! And know, that LITERALLY millions of Americans have and will continue to fight for your right to CONTINUE to make your OWN MEDICAL CHOICES.

Here is the open letter from the American Jewish COngress about abortion. You'll see my view is not much different than theirs.

http://www.violence.de/ajc/ajc.pdf
No Relativism

West Lafayette, IN

#274113 Jan 3, 2013
PastorBob666 wrote:
<<ALL real Jews don't beleive in abortion.>>
Bullpuckey! I was born a Jew.
Judaism does not forbid abortion, but it does not permit abortion on demand. Abortion is only permitted for serious reasons.
Judaism expects every case to be considered on its own merits and the decision to be taken after consultation with a rabbi competent to give advice on such matters.
Strict Judaism permits abortion only in cases where continuing the pregnancy would put the mother's life in serious danger.
In such circumstance (where allowing the pregnancy to continue would kill the mother) Judaism INSISTS that the fetus MUST be aborted, since the mother's life is more important than that of the foetus.
Jewish law is more lenient concerning abortions in the first forty days of pregnancy as it considers the embryo to be of relatively low value during this time.
Abortions because of defects in the fetus or to protect the mental health of the mother are forbidden by some schools of Judaism and permitted by others under differing circumstances.
The argument for allowing such abortions is normally based on the pain that will be caused to the mother if the pregnancy is allowed to continue.
Sanctity of life and abortion
PastorBob: "Judaism does not permit abortion on demand"

Foo says she's a practicing Jew. She supports abortion on demand.

Grumpy says he's a practicing Jew. He supports abortion on demand.

So..........
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#274114 Jan 3, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
KatieFartFlag: "Foo is Jewish & doesn't believe in Jesus...If there's no belief, There's no respect."
You are admitting that foo intentionally and outrightly disrespects my religious Faith.
That is the definition of bigotry.
Moron.
No, Fim, that's not what I said.
Your interpretation skills are on par with the rest of the PL here. No belief equals no respect. It doesn't equal disrespect.

Disrespect is what you wrote to me above. AH
No Relativism

West Lafayette, IN

#274115 Jan 3, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
***sighs*** Learn to read bitch.
(Lesbians are wound tight. Emotional intelligence level of monkeys.)

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#274116 Jan 3, 2013
I am an atheist, not a pagan. However, I was raised catholic and learned all about it in RCC schools. Knowing it doesn't mean I have to believe it.
Tom Tom wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like those silly proabort pagans keep telling Chrisitians what they are getting wrong about their own Faith. Imagine that.

Location hidden

#274117 Jan 3, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>

Yes. I intentionally and outrightly disrespect **YOUR RELIGIOUS FAITH**.

Keywords: "YOUR" version of "faith".

You do not represent ANY faith that I respect or will show ANY respect for under ANY circumstances. You are no more a christian than a cockroach is.

To ME, you are no better than Fred Phelps, and in fact COULD be his daughter. I spit on THEIR version of 'christianity' too.
No Relativism

West Lafayette, IN

#274118 Jan 3, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
No WONDER your ass is so chewed up! LOL!
FooMuffChew: "No WONDER your ass is so chewed up! LOL!"
Kenose

Westbury, NY

#274119 Jan 3, 2013
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
You're confusing evil with just punishment.
God is both merciful and just.
He always gives people a chance/a certain period of time to turn away from sinful ways, this is His mercy in action. For thousand of years, He sent prophets out among the population to spread the message that they needed to stop sinning or face His just punishment.
I personally believe that us 'Catholic Commandos' are modern-day prophets and God is speaking through us, trying to tell you Pro-Choice people to stop the great sin of abortion.
The time may be coming when God delivers just punishment upon America and our nation will suffer greatly for all the millions of babies that were murdered inside their mother's wombs.
Thanks for letting us know how full of yourself you really are.

You're a laughable fundie and nothing more.

Location hidden

#274120 Jan 3, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
(Lesbians are wound tight. Emotional intelligence level of monkeys.)
While you have the emotional intelligence of the nits the monkeys pick off each other and kill.

Location hidden

#274121 Jan 3, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
PastorBob: "Judaism does not permit abortion on demand"
Foo says she's a practicing Jew. She supports abortion on demand.
Grumpy says he's a practicing Jew. He supports abortion on demand.
So..........
Really? Show us where Grumpy OR I say we support abortion on demand.

Oh wait, you cant. You're a loser.
Elises Daughters Soul

West Lafayette, IN

#274122 Jan 3, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text> Don't try to twist my words; you won't succeed. I killed a life, a fetus, not a baby. Apparently, you feel regret and remorse for my abortion. That's freaky. Get help for the weird attachment you have for other women's aborted embryo's. You're truly disturbed, my dear.
Elise: "I killed a life, a fetus."
Kenose

Westbury, NY

#274123 Jan 3, 2013
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a great hope of mine that it occurs in my lifetime so I can witness it.
I bet jesus is going to come back in your lifetime too!

Please hold your breath waiting for those things to happen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Entertainment Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Photo of Marine's wedding prayer goes viral 29 min Fredericka 2
News HalloweenExpress.com Releases its Top 10 Hallow... (Nov '08) 45 min prettyperi 6
News Some Colonel Sanders fans find new KFC ads dist... 1 hr Bill 5
News Fast food companies announce 'healthy' changes 3 hr ApePeeD 1
News Duggar Scandal Should Prompt TLC To Help Fight ... 3 hr Guest 1
News Orange County Choppers' Mikey Teutul opens gall... (Nov '10) 3 hr re bradford 171
News 'Lost' Tribe Keeps Growing - Elizabeth Mitchell... (Oct '07) 3 hr benice 3
More from around the web