Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 12,486)

Showing posts 249,701 - 249,720 of304,939
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
grumpy

Stony Point, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

correction to #249947
If creditors....there wouldn't be bankruptcy.

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>That would be a bail out by the government. Of course if the creditors were guaranteed payment there would be bankruptcy. There would not be any risk in extending credit to the debtor.
Basically from what I understand is that the only difference would have been that the money would have came from banks not the government.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

"Ultimately, along with getting nearly $80 billion in loans and other assistance from the Bush and Obama administrations, GM and Chrysler did go through a managed bankruptcy."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/election-...

They did go through a bankruptcy.

The problem as you will see in the article is that the banks may not have been able to loan the money and even if they could, could they do it quick enough.

I don't agree with Romney's approach on this but to try and paint him as though he din't care and wanted them to go under is just plan wrong.

“They will lose.”

Since: Apr 11

Falcon can hear the falconer

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/frontpage...

This is for all the people who maintain that pregnancy is always safe, and that there is never a need for an abortion.

“They will lose.”

Since: Apr 11

Falcon can hear the falconer

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

"“If it had happened in the UK or India, the whole thing would have been over in a few hours. We just pray now, wherever she is, she is happy.”"

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

Carbon-12 wrote:
http://www.irishtimes.com/news paper/frontpage/2012/1114/1224 326575203.html
This is for all the people who maintain that pregnancy is always safe, and that there is never a need for an abortion.
Another lovely tale from another Catholic country. Oh, but we're all persecuting the RCC... right.
thru 2014

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

PROOF Obama's ReElection = ANTICHRIST_______

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Another lovely tale from another Catholic country. Oh, but we're all persecuting the RCC... right.
They dont even have the good grace to be ashamed either. Hopefully, he can sue and own that hospital.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

thru 2014 wrote:
PROOF Obama's ReElection = ANTICHRIST_______
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Oh goodie. A REDUNDANT moron.

“Post at your own risk”

Since: Sep 09

Whining is unbecoming

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
They dont even have the good grace to be ashamed either. Hopefully, he can sue and own that hospital.
So incredibly senseless and tragic. The fetus was not salvagable despite a heartbeat.

I fully agree. Spouse should sue. She was a young dentist, with many years of anticipated life expectancy and earning income that will never be realized because... why? Why?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
So incredibly senseless and tragic. The fetus was not salvagable despite a heartbeat.
I fully agree. Spouse should sue. She was a young dentist, with many years of anticipated life expectancy and earning income that will never be realized because... why? Why?
Apparently because some idiots think Jesus would rather she die than be saved. Sickening.
grumpy

Stony Point, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Will any anti-choice Catholic answer this question!!!
Does the Catholic church permit abortion tosave the life of th mother? You all prefer "yes" or "no" answers. Answer yes or no!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

grumpy wrote:
Does the Catholic church permit abortion tosave the life of th mother? You all prefer "yes" or "no" answers. Answer yes or no!
It's my understanding that the answer is yes... you just can't call it an abortion.

Sorry hard to answer with just a yes or no.
letsyakalot

Falls City, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

grumpy wrote:
If you would word your question to be more civil, we just might answer the question.
letsyakalot

Falls City, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

“Post at your own risk”

Whining is unbecoming

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

grumpy wrote:
My guess would be "no".

"An unborn child is not a disease," said Rev. Thomas J. Olmsted, the bishop of Phoenix. "While medical professionals should certainly try to save a pregnant mother's life, the means by which they do it can never be by directly killing her unborn child. The end does not justify the means."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/11/prot...

If I'm reading it correctly, saving a life can never involve the taking of another residing in utero. War is a different matter - but there are rules covered in the "Just War Theory". Meanwhile a fetus wages "war" against his/her mother or worse is in fact dying and instead of decently saving one life - two die. How on God's green earth does that sound acceptable to ANYONE.
grumpy

Stony Point, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

letsyakalot wrote:
<quoted text>If you would word your question to be more civil, we just might answer the question.
Would you please answer this question! Does the Catholic church permit abortion in order to save the mother's life?
worships reality

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh goodie. A REDUNDANT moron.
is chicky back again ?
grumpy

Stony Point, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
My guess would be "no".
"An unborn child is not a disease," said Rev. Thomas J. Olmsted, the bishop of Phoenix. "While medical professionals should certainly try to save a pregnant mother's life, the means by which they do it can never be by directly killing her unborn child. The end does not justify the means."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/11/prot...
If I'm reading it correctly, saving a life can never involve the taking of another residing in utero. War is a different matter - but there are rules covered in the "Just War Theory". Meanwhile a fetus wages "war" against his/her mother or worse is in fact dying and instead of decently saving one life - two die. How on God's green earth does that sound acceptable to ANYONE.
But I read here that Catholic doctrine had changed????? If not, Degall has an isue with the Catholic church which he never addresses.

“Post at your own risk”

Whining is unbecoming

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Catholic doctrine has not changed, Grumpy. Missed Doc's post regarding any such thing. Where is he anyway? Hope he's doing okay. Sandy was a miserable witch and I think we can expect more of the same treatment in the future.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 249,701 - 249,720 of304,939
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

20 Users are viewing the Entertainment Forum right now

Search the Entertainment Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
A Real Taste of Filipino Home-Cooking Comes to ... 29 min Angel of joy 10
topix chat room about anything (Jan '08) 51 min Archanaa 434
Lone Ranger actor's outfit sells for $195,000 1 hr Parden Pard 2
Art Laffer: Immigrant Children Will Just Become... 3 hr Amigo 1
Megachurch preacher tells Fox News what Jesus w... 3 hr Zeppelin 1
Meghan McCain to join 'The View?' 3 hr Responsibility 5
Random Article 7 hr Total BS 1
•••
•••