Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 317601 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#263811 Oct 13, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>

A eulogy is just a testimonial someone steps up front and gives about the deceased, at a certain point during the funeral. It's done at Catholic funerals all the time.
Not practicing Catholics dont, since they're not allowed according to the Vatican.

Gee, who to believe on something about Catholics? Vatican or the likes of you? Decisions, decisions.....

Location hidden

#263812 Oct 13, 2012
corgilicious wrote:
<quoted text>I see you never have been to a Catholic funeral or watched one on TV. Yes, there is a eulogy and even Blessed Pope John Paul II had one given by then Cardinal Ratzinger. My step father had all his seven children and some of his step children talk. My mom had a very nice eulogy and so did my inlaws. Roflameo , you are soooo funny.
Then it wasn't a Catholic funeral Knutbar, since the vatican makes clear that there are to be no eulogies at a Catholic funeral.

In addition, there are rules in America set forth by the Policy on Ecclesiastical Funeral Rites

The Archdiocesan Policy on Ecclesiastical Funeral Rites and Instruction on Ecclesiastical Funeral Rites presuppose Church law on Ecclesiastical Funeral Rites as contained in the Code of Canon Law, canons 1176-1185

#18 SPECIFICALLY says:

18. Following the prayer after Communion and before the Final Commendation, only one speaker, a member or a friend of the family, may speak for not more than five minutes in remembrance of the deceased.

http://www.bostoncatholic.org/Offices-And-Ser...

Dont like those facts Knutbar? Go aruge with the Bishops.

Location hidden

#263814 Oct 13, 2012
corgilicious wrote:
<quoted text>There HAS to be a mortuary involved ,
Nope. No mortuary. Of course there's no body, so there's no mortuary [email protected]@ G-d FORBID you actually READ before you mouth off.

Location hidden

#263815 Oct 13, 2012
corgilicious wrote:
Yikes! ROFLAMAO! Even Pope John the twenty third gave a eulogy!!!!!!!!!! As honey booboo says... you are in a hot mess!
Uh, no he didn't. He gave a funeral mass.

Location hidden

#263816 Oct 13, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
ALL you know about anything is what you see from googling, and you didn't learn anything, because what you find on google is not all there is. lol, it's only all that you know how to find.
I know how to find what the actual AUTHORITY on Catholic funeral's says, the Vatican and in the US, the US Bishops. And THEY say you're wrong too.

Whathefuckever Lynne. Believe what you want, you will anyway, no matter HOW wrong you actually are. Clearly you were up before the crack of dawn so you could get in some uninterrupted bitching time. How pathetic that the first thing you do is come BACK on to bitch and whine about getting warned, then continue to do the same behavior that GOT you warned. Clearly it was eating at you all night.

Location hidden

#263817 Oct 13, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
"I see you never have been to a Catholic funeral or watched one on TV. Yes, there is a eulogy..."
She only knows what she can find on google. She has no real knowledge of much.
I may not knowledge of much, but its more than YOU have Lynne. I'm not ashamed of learning from ANYWHERE, google or otherwise, while you have a clear aversion to learning anything new, mainly because you already THINK you know it all.

Location hidden

#263818 Oct 13, 2012
Googleicious wrote:
<quoted text>Since she clearly said its a MEMORIAL SERVICE they're having, no, there would be no mortuary involved.
Just pointing out the obvious. Sorry to interrupt your harrassment of someone.
ROFLMAO Thank you!

Location hidden

#263819 Oct 13, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>It's interesting that Knit takes the Vatican's word literally when it suits her but rejects it when it doesn't. I have been to quite a few Catholic funerals and there is usually a very short commeration or a song at the end of the Mass. I gusss, the RCC doesn't call that a eulogy. Far be it from us to second-guess the Pope, but Knit is allowed...
LOL Yup. I should have read ahead. Usually she's demaning people read the catecism, and when they DO and even POST from it, she STILL argues about it.

What MAKES people so deliberately stupid?? I'll never understand...

Location hidden

#263820 Oct 13, 2012
corgilicious wrote:
<quoted text>Whatsa eulogy but talking about the loved one
's life, what Cardinal Ratzinger DID.
Uh no. What he did was a HOMILY.

I find it funny that you posted the HOMILY, but left out the title so you can claim its a eulogy.

Isn't that a Jesus No-NO lying about something the Pope did?

FUNERAL MASS
OF THE ROMAN PONTIFF

JOHN PAUL II

HOMILY OF HIS EMINENCE CARD. JOSEPH RATZINGER

St Peter's Square
Friday, 8 April 2005

http://www.vatican.va/gpII/documents/homily-c...

Now, you want to argue about it some more? Go bitch to the Vatican. As far as I'm concerned, THEY are the authority, NOT you and certainly NOT the likes of Lynne.

Carry on.

Location hidden

#263821 Oct 13, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Eulogies are given at Catholic funerals, regardless of what you found on google.
Not according to the VATICAN they're not. Go bitch to the pope Lynne. Maybe he'll care about what you have to say.

Location hidden

#263822 Oct 13, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
And yes, you're right, there HAS to be a mortuary involved whether the body is embalmed or cremated to be shipped. She's wrong about that too.
**sighs** You're SO quick to say stupid shit.

Knutbar said "I corrected you ,because the mortuary would have used the correct term, and you would have been informed of the memorial mass and funeral mass."

My response was "there is no mortuary".

We are having a MEMORIAL SERVICE tomorrow. There IS NO MORTUARY FOR A MEMORIAL SERVICE WHERE THERE IS NO BODY PRESENT. Thus NOBODY here spoke to any mortuary.

I didn't say anything at all about moving any bodies, embalming or anything else of the kind. Knutbar is making that shit up because she's not very bright and didnit bother to actually follow the discussion, and you're following like a good little puppy because you think its giving you the opportunity to bitch about something.

You're BOTH pathetic.
arugingissofun

United States

#263823 Oct 13, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Then it wasn't a Catholic funeral Knutbar, since the vatican makes clear that there are to be no eulogies at a Catholic funeral.
In addition, there are rules in America set forth by the Policy on Ecclesiastical Funeral Rites
The Archdiocesan Policy on Ecclesiastical Funeral Rites and Instruction on Ecclesiastical Funeral Rites presuppose Church law on Ecclesiastical Funeral Rites as contained in the Code of Canon Law, canons 1176-1185
#18 SPECIFICALLY says:
18. Following the prayer after Communion and before the Final Commendation, only one speaker, a member or a friend of the family, may speak for not more than five minutes in remembrance of the deceased.
Dont like those facts Knutbar? Go aruge with the Bishops.
I don't know how to aruge with the bishops, I will ask one and see if he knows how to aruge. Number 18 is a eulogy ,when a friend gets up and talkes about the departed one,thats what its called. Hey,is aruge like skateboarding? Or is it like Zumba?

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#263824 Oct 13, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Not according to the VATICAN they're not. Go bitch to the pope Lynne. Maybe he'll care about what you have to say.
Oopsy... watch the word "bitch." Lily finds it crude.

Location hidden

#263825 Oct 13, 2012
arugingissofun wrote:
<quoted text> I don't know how to aruge with the bishops, I will ask one and see if he knows how to aruge. Number 18 is a eulogy ,when a friend gets up and talkes about the departed one,thats what its called. Hey,is aruge like skateboarding? Or is it like Zumba?
Wrong again Knutbar. Regarding #18 from the same Bishop's website:

As with the homily, these “words of remembrance” are not to constitute a eulogy as such. Rather, they are to express appreciation for the life of the deceased, or take the form of a prayer or other inspirational text.

Presiding at the Funeral Liturgy
Funeral Policy

1. Only a bishop, priest or deacon is allowed to preach the homily at the funeral liturgy.

2. A eulogy is not appropriate where a homily is prescribed (OCF #27), although examples from the person's life may be used in the homily. The literary genre of eulogy is not a homiletic form. Rather, the homily is to "illumine the mystery of Christian death in the light of the Risen Christ." (Catechism of the Catholic Church #1687) as proclaimed in the readings.

3. Excellence in preaching is of critical importance to the evangelizing task of the Church, especially at a moment when the faithful who live apart from the regular life of the Church may yearn for a message of faith and Christian hope.

4. In the Archdiocese of Boston, one speaker chosen by the family may offer not more than a five-minute remembrance of the deceased at the Funeral Liturgy before the final commendation. The remarks are to be simple, brief, and prepared. Care must be taken to follow this. Some priests have found it helpful to see the text beforehand. Within the context of a liturgy, the tone should remain one of faith and hope.

5. Other occasions might offer opportunities for individuals to share remembrances of the deceased.

Location hidden

#263826 Oct 13, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Oopsy... watch the word "bitch." Lily finds it crude.
LOL Now ask me if I care what the likes of her finds offensive? Heck, she finds FACTS offensive. Bitch went NUTS this morning. It was funny as heck!

Location hidden

#263827 Oct 13, 2012
http://www.catholic.org.sg/liturgy/documents/...

A. HOMILIES AND EULOGIES AT FUNERALS
The Order of Christian Funerals instructs that a brief homily based on the readings is always given after the
gospel reading at the funeral liturgy, and may also be given after the readings at the vigil service; but there is
never to be a eulogy.(OCF 27)

“They will lose.”

Since: Apr 11

Falcon can hear the falconer

#263828 Oct 13, 2012
Katie

Graham, WA

#263829 Oct 13, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh no. What he did was a HOMILY.
I find it funny that you posted the HOMILY, but left out the title so you can claim its a eulogy.
Isn't that a Jesus No-NO lying about something the Pope did?
FUNERAL MASS
OF THE ROMAN PONTIFF
JOHN PAUL II
HOMILY OF HIS EMINENCE CARD. JOSEPH RATZINGER
St Peter's Square
Friday, 8 April 2005
http://www.vatican.va/gpII/documents/homily-c...
Now, you want to argue about it some more? Go bitch to the Vatican. As far as I'm concerned, THEY are the authority, NOT you and certainly NOT the likes of Lynne.
Carry on.
"...a Jesus No-NO..."

OMG! LOLOL
There is such potential in that saying, Foo. Thanks!!

:)
arugingissofun

United States

#263830 Oct 13, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again Knutbar. Regarding #18 from the same Bishop's website:
As with the homily, these “words of remembrance” are not to constitute a eulogy as such. Rather, they are to express appreciation for the life of the deceased, or take the form of a prayer or other inspirational text.
Presiding at the Funeral Liturgy
Funeral Policy
1. Only a bishop, priest or deacon is allowed to preach the homily at the funeral liturgy.
2. A eulogy is not appropriate where a homily is prescribed (OCF #27), although examples from the person's life may be used in the homily. The literary genre of eulogy is not a homiletic form. Rather, the homily is to "illumine the mystery of Christian death in the light of the Risen Christ." (Catechism of the Catholic Church #1687) as proclaimed in the readings.
3. Excellence in preaching is of critical importance to the evangelizing task of the Church, especially at a moment when the faithful who live apart from the regular life of the Church may yearn for a message of faith and Christian hope.
4. In the Archdiocese of Boston, one speaker chosen by the family may offer not more than a five-minute remembrance of the deceased at the Funeral Liturgy before the final commendation. The remarks are to be simple, brief, and prepared. Care must be taken to follow this. Some priests have found it helpful to see the text beforehand. Within the context of a liturgy, the tone should remain one of faith and hope.
5. Other occasions might offer opportunities for individuals to share remembrances of the deceased.
Went to a Catholic funeral at the Cathedral, three people got up to speak about the departed old man.This Cathedral is in the strictest diocese in the nation. My sister in law spent a whopping fifteen minutes eulogizing a friend, the funeral mass had three celebrants. You are full of it Foo.You must have nothing to do. Maybe you should try aruging. I can't wait to ask the new Bishop to see if he aruges, he does run marathons so he might be interested.

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#263832 Oct 13, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
http://www.catholic.org.sg/lit urgy/documents/Eulogy%20Guidel ines%20from%20Australia.pdf
A. HOMILIES AND EULOGIES AT FUNERALS
The Order of Christian Funerals instructs that a brief homily based on the readings is always given after the
gospel reading at the funeral liturgy, and may also be given after the readings at the vigil service; but there is
never to be a eulogy.(OCF 27)
LOL, you don't understand anything. Never to be a eulogy DURING the homily portion of the mass.

There are certain prerequisites in a Catholic funeral, and the homily is one. A HOMILY can not be a EULOGY. Certain regular Catholic mass things have to be done BEFORE any of the loved ones can stand up and give a eulogy.

A eulogy is just a testimonial of someone's life and they have been given at EVERY Catholic funeral I've attended, and that's more than a few.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Entertainment Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Will Bunch: Racism on Ivy League Campus and by ... (Apr '11) 16 min concerned citizen 10
News Trump Repeats Call to Fire Athletes Who Kneel f... 1 hr Paul 48
News Ian Ruskin Brings to Begin the World Over Again... 4 hr czwolfe 2
News Increased enforcement threatens undocumented im... 5 hr Red Crosse 11
News Why Bila Left 'The View': CNN Tipped Her ABC Wa... 6 hr Mel 1
News Attorney General Jeff Sessions visited Portland... 10 hr Tea Bag Residue C... 1
News Kylie Jenner is pregnant 20 hr Geezer 1
More from around the web