Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 312664 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

sassylicious

Jackson, NJ

#262969 Oct 9, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said!
And I'd only want to add that the RCC leadership is NOT qualified to make a medical determination for all cases.
They rely on Catholic medical experts to make the qualified medical determination
As I stated earlier, MANY "medical expert"prolife Dr's (I might add that they are NOT all RC btw) have challenged and disagree with what proaborts Dr 's will qualify as "medically necessary..life threatening causes for abortion".
Googleicious

Cicero, NY

#262970 Oct 9, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
She goes off guns blazing at us without any real details of anything she posts about. We don't know how far along the woman was, what the options were...nothing.
Yes, a number of people made that point, including foofoo, but that didn't stop you from going on the attack.
Katie

Graham, WA

#262971 Oct 9, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
"She claims she understands a medical directive directive and durable POA are the same thing, but she wants to treat these differently when it's applicable to JM's hypothetical situation and Michael Schiavo's real-life experience."
So are you suggesting that Mrs. Shiavo and JM's daughter in hypothetical situation had a medical directive signed and notarized IN WRITING by person who's life this is about, as to what their wishes were?
Because that's what I'm talking about.
In the case of Foo's story, she said the woman herself refused an LTA.
In the cases you're talking about, it's about someone making the decision for someone ELSE, with no medical directive. Which means there's nothing in writing making those people their agent, or anything that gives them the power to make those decisions on the other person's behalf, except the other person's word.
I'm not the one not getting this.
^^^ Perfect example ^^^ of you moving the goal posts.

Michael Schiavo was his wife's next of kin and had every right under the sun to decline futile ALS. His complications began with her parents and traveled through the Florida court system until a court order existed for him. That court order was the directive -- are you trying to claim or imply this doesn't match YOUR criteria?

JM's hypothetical included her having POA over her daughter. Even then, JM still typed she didn't have any decision-making power as if she weren't hypothetically the decision maker. Are you trying to claim this doesn't match YOUR criteria?

Every scenario involves individuals using their civil rights to make end of life decisions or life/death emergency decisions legally for themselves or for whom POA is held and following their wishes.

So, tell me again why you are arguing, moving the parameters, and in general being a real PITA. Obviously you have no respect for the civil rights of personal privacy and bodily autonomy for yourself or for others.
Googleicious

Cicero, NY

#262972 Oct 9, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
The more she posts about it, the more the story changes. Her excuse? She didn't know all the details. I'm seriously questioning the credibility of her story as well now. I believed it at first, but the more she talks about it, the more full of shit she sounds. The more she tries to make claims of who's going to the funeral etc. the more full of shit she sounds. It's the pattern of the "Foo claims" here.
Funny, I thought it was more YOUR pattern.
sassylicious

Jackson, NJ

#262973 Oct 9, 2012
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
OL! I've read the passage a few times and I'm still unclear.
From your link: "If a necessary treatment brings about the death of the child indirectly it may be allowable."
I believe it's the word "necessary" that is bothersome. Who decides in what could amount to a life/death situation and after the event who rules whether it was in fact "necessary"? Don't hospitals (and their lawyers) have medical procedure reviews periodically?
There's no doubt in my mind (none) that the child in Brazil would have died without intervention. How often do 9 year olds successfully deliver even one baby?
For some that wish to aspire to sainthood - this is clearly black and white. For others, mitigating circumstances would prevail. If the pregnant woman's life isn't considered worth saving, she's merely a child bearing vessel and I find that notion distasteful.
1. You are misunderstanding what is being said regarding what you pointed out in the link. It means the NECESSARY treatment for MOM to save her life....that will indirectly bring about the death of her unborn child.

2. Your opinion about the 9yr old is just that...YOUR opinion. Nothing more. Others her age and older HAVE successfully gone full term. Her case was different due to carrying twins and she SHOULDNT have gone full term. ESPECIALLY if her life was in danger. They should have delivered right at viability..

You keep ignoring this.
sassylicious

Jackson, NJ

#262974 Oct 9, 2012
Googleicious wrote:
<quoted text>My God you two are truly vicious harridans.
You MUST be foo or related to her for sure with all your bullsh*t "stories" that you BUST yourself on and with all your dramatic posts.

LOL

:::yawn:::

Better luck next times suckaa.

((psst.....it's also convenient that your upstate NY too))
sassylicious

Jackson, NJ

#262975 Oct 9, 2012
Googleicious wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, a number of people made that point, including foofoo, but that didn't stop you from going on the attack.
Uh...no...you (cough)....I mean fooL said that she posted about this girl to make a point so WITHOUT 'that point' she had NO POINT. She lacked ANY real info about what happened so she flat out lied while attempting to make her point.

Get it sweetie? URwelcome ;)

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#262976 Oct 9, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Do you have a link to that story where 6 so called "Catholic" Dr 's said that if she carried to viability, that she 'd die?
It's absolutely sick and depraved to expect a 9 year old child to go through a pregnancy. I care more about the child, and you apparently care more about the zygote/embryo.

Or the will of your sick and depraved church.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#262977 Oct 9, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> As I recall the situation, these six Catholic Drs were saying that her life would be jeopardized carrying twins to term...not referring to delivering her babies at viability(those babies would be very tiny). FWIW, most women don't carry twins to term anyway.
Yet she is not a woman. She is a child. A 9 year old child who should be innocent and playing and enjoying childhood...not pregnant. And with twins.

It's sick and depraved to expect a 9 year old child to remain pregnant with twins.

Where exactly was your God when this child was being raped and impregnated? Certainly not saving her from her vile abuser. At the very least your omnipotent God could have prevented the conception. Or is it God's will that some little 9 your old girl should be staggering around pregnant with twins?

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#262978 Oct 9, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen toots, it's a dilation and curettage. That's what the D&C PROCEDURE is called, medically. End of story.
That's what the PROCEDURE is called. Then it's charted/coded whatever floats your boat, as to what the procedure was used for, ie: the specific medical issue.
I told you that 10x over and you still said it wasn't an abortion procedure, now you're saying it is. I got it, it's an abortion procedure when you're ready to say it is.
Googleicious

Cicero, NY

#262979 Oct 9, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
She said she was in touch with the police and that it was all over the news(yet NO news report was found resembling anything like this when NR researched it.)
Hmmm, I found this with a quick Google search. Wasn't hard. There's quite a bit of information actually.

http://midtown.11alive.com/content/missing-pe...

Looks like a news report to me. There's some cached files on google as well from the Atlanta police department regarding the missing person's case.

I'm not called Googleicious for nothing.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#262980 Oct 9, 2012
FFF wrote:
<quoted text>
Tis 'madam'.
As you well know...
:)
And with that, sir, I bid you goodnight.
May your Monday be Magnificent!!
As I well know...?

Hah!
Ye are not one of thee feared "foursome" miladay...of that I'm sure!

;P
Googleicious

Cicero, NY

#262981 Oct 9, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Uh...no...you (cough)....I mean fooL said that she posted about this girl to make a point so WITHOUT 'that point' she had NO POINT. She lacked ANY real info about what happened so she flat out lied while attempting to make her point.
Get it sweetie? URwelcome ;)
I got her point just fine. I'm sure others did as well.

A woman died in childbirth. Unless you know the girl in question, it sound's like YOU are lying.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#262982 Oct 9, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> They rely on Catholic medical experts to make the qualified medical determination
As I stated earlier, MANY "medical expert"prolife Dr's (I might add that they are NOT all RC btw) have challenged and disagree with what proaborts Dr 's will qualify as "medically necessary..life threatening causes for abortion".
Bull. The RCC spouts religious beliefs, that's all. You know damned well, from when this story first broke, that it was six CATHOLIC doctors that were consulted on this case. Deny all you like, but we'll both know you're lying. If the RCC REALLY relied on Catholic medical experts, they'd have listened to those SIX Catholic doctors that knew the situation. You're full of shit.

Location hidden

#262983 Oct 9, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless you were here and saw what Sassy is claiming, a little suggestion, don't try to argue it.
Hey toots, if you're gonna boss me around you're gonna pay me. Since you're not paying me to do your bidding you can shut the hell up telling me what I can post or who I can post to.
lil Lily wrote:
Or you'll look as foolish as you have looked trying to argue about a D&C being an abortion procedure, and claiming no PCers said it was an abortion after a miscarriage. You don't know facts and then post as if you do.
You just said it was codes as procedure for which it was done. It's coded as an abortion procedure if it's done for an abortion. You're the one looking pretty silly right now. You post "facts" about coding and charting based on what your family told you "years ago". You have no education or experience in coding or charting. You look a fool.

Location hidden

#262984 Oct 9, 2012
Googleicious wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm, I found this with a quick Google search. Wasn't hard. There's quite a bit of information actually.
Looks like a news report to me. There's some cached files on google as well from the Atlanta police department regarding the missing person's case.
Boy somebody will be eating crow.

Location hidden

#262985 Oct 9, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Why shouldn't it be a real question? Foo barely knew the woman and she thinks she has the right to use that woman to share her opinions on that woman's choice?
Does everything have to be Dick and Janed for you? Do you know every woman that may have an abortion? No, but here you are thinking you have the right to share your opinion on what choice the MAY make. If you have the right, Foo has the right. SMHLMAOATF.
lil Lily wrote:
If Foo can share her disapproving opinions about that woman's choice and make it public here, then ANYONE reading about it can also share their opinions. That's how it works, like it or not.
Well no duh. SMHLMAOATF.
lil Lily wrote:
Sad thing is, Foo doesn't even realize she's publicly stating her disagreement with that woman's choice, and making her an example. But not the kind of example that woman wanted to be, I'm sure. She was obviously pro-life. She'd want to be a pro-life example, not a pro-choice for abortion one.
I didn't get that from Foo's post. I understood her to be more angry that her being Catholic and in a Catholic hospital may have influenced her decision. Let's let Foo verify when she gets on.
lil Lily wrote:
What Foo did is all very disgusting. Regardless of her motives, nothing makes her motive pure, respectful to that woman or that woman's memory, or makes the point she thought she'd use that woman to make. That's IF that story is true. Of course if it isn't true, again, that's a different level of disgusting.
Well you know, everyone picks their battles Lil you obviously have a "history" with Foo and you both dislike one another and what you did while offering your condolences in one sentence and then berating her in the next for posting the information and how she felt about it was pretty disgusting too. The "respectful" thing to do would have been to offer condolences and berate her at a later date when the loss is not so fresh and her anger fueled.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#262986 Oct 9, 2012
SeattleVehix44 wrote:
<quoted text>
NO, why would i keep a record of everything dumb/or every lie i see on here? it was months ago, but you can ask him yourself..........why on earth would he have an avatar of a guy, for YEARS & not like him???
no, i havent read Toms posts, whats he say?
"where "Moon" states unequivocally that she "hates every bit of Christianity?" -------- no, she wont openly admit that, nor will most liberals who DO hate christianity - but would you expect a bigot to openly admit they hate blacks? or dispise black culture? of course not, they hide that stuff ---------- i dont expect you to read all her stuff, as i dont read much of the stuff on my side here, but trust me, nothing ive said about her is incorrect, and i cant believe you, as a fair, tho liberal, individual cannot believe that no one would actually despise a religion, or religious people..........how many on here have profained Christianity? how many have had their screennames openly MOCK the name of Christ? how many make fun of our religion every day? and you dare claim that no one despises Christianity???
how can you be so obtuse? LNMoon even once compared us (christians) as the shit of the earth.......... sounds like hatred to me
Good evening "Seattle."
Okay, would you mind terribly going back through some of these threads and providing me with direct links to where "Moon" compared "Christians" to the "sh!t" of the earth?" Or where she stated unequivocally that she, "hates every bit of Christianity?"
For that matter, would be be so kind as to provide me with a link to where I said "no one despises "Christianity" on here?"

Regarding "Cpeter's" avatar of Vlad Tepes, I'd suggest that you look up another Topix poster with the screen-name "Guinness Drinker."
This guy thoroughly loathes our current president yet, ever since his inauguration, "Guinness Drinker's" avatar has been one pick or another of our current president.
Oh, "Tom-tom's" posts are most colorful--I suggest you read some of those as well. A hint for finding him is to look for the wonderfully considerate guy who refers to everyone as a "proabort pagan."
Some of the things he's said might even make you blush my friend, but please--don't take my word for it--do your own digging, your own thinking.
Then try to examine whether or not any of our posts really echoes the sentiments you're currently convinced that they do...

It's going to require a little work on your part my friend, but you once lamented that nobody on here took you seriously.
"Moon," and "Pete" have done exactly that.
Please pay them the compliment of doing them the same...
sassylicious

Jackson, NJ

#262987 Oct 9, 2012
Googleicious wrote:
<quoted text>
So kind of you to attempt to cover up the lies but this is not anything we didnt know.

Hello...we know a girl was reported missing by her mom..(btw....this girl was said to be 14 yrs old but DISCOVERED by NR researching, to actually be 20 yrs old LOL)

Pay attention i already said that in my post.

Where is the newstory about this girl being raped, beaten and dumped in a park like she...you...claimed?

Show us "googlicious". Get going.....
sassylicious

Jackson, NJ

#262988 Oct 9, 2012
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Boy somebody will be eating crow.
LOL right?

Theres the first proof of fooLs lies. This girl wasnt 14 yrs old.

Foo claims to have the story to prove her story but yrs later STILL refuses to show us.

LOL imagine?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Entertainment Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dolly Parton heartbroken by wildfires torching ... 1 hr power 18
News Who says Mormons aren't Christians? (Oct '11) 2 hr Charm3950 32,066
News Grab a Pussy!': PETA Billboards Urging Pet Adop... 2 hr USA R0CKS 206
News Ann Coulter, Sarah Palin Already Mad at Donald ... 3 hr Glitter940 6
News Bob Dylan won't attend meeting with president, ... 4 hr Licks5329 12
News The real reasons the U.S. became less racist to... 4 hr PolakPotrafi 133
News Trump said hedge funders were a getting away wi... 6 hr Lux9975 25
More from around the web