Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310232 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Ink

Bensalem, PA

#262703 Oct 8, 2012
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
IMO, I think Foo's post was one of grief induced anger. I don't think Foo was exploiting this but rather was venting her upset. The whole situation is indeed a tragic loss. A happy time gone seriously wrong. I feel sorry for all involved.
It doesn't make sense unless the woman was trying to commit suicide.
Katie

Seattle, WA

#262704 Oct 8, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
What part of she made her own choice to refuse an LTA makes you think that it's in any way comparable to someone else making a choice FOR her?
The civil right to do so applies to individuals and those who hold durable power of attorney. Those holding durable power of attorney act as a proxy.

"Definition of PROXY

: the agency, function, or office of a deputy who acts as a substitute for another
a : authority or power to act for another
b : a document giving such authority; specifically : a power of attorney authorizing a specified person to vote corporate stock
: a person authorized to act for another : procurator"
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/pro...

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#262705 Oct 8, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> A late term non-viable fetus?@@
HOW CONVENIENT.
Also...fooL called.her supposed "non-viable" fetus "her baby". That's why i know shes bullsh*tting.
Anyway....the girl made her choice EVEN if the Drs could've saved her by...say..removing the uterus.
I can see your point now about all that. Very convenient story, and her timing of the post, after making all the others for not only that hour but the hour prior. All with NO mention at all about that woman, and when she does mention it, she says "Oh BTW...", and mentions it, when it supposedly happened that very afternoon, then posted an hour after that, like nothing.

“...sigh”

Since: Nov 09

Smithtown, NY

#262706 Oct 8, 2012
corgilicious wrote:
<quoted text> http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/01046b.htm Some people are saying the Brazilian incident never really happened, that it is a false story made up by planned parenthood. The nun who was excommunicated admitted she was wrong i n doing w hat she said she did and is not excommunicated anymore.
Well, some people are loopy. The Brazilian incident most definitely did occur:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/ameri...

Why would the cardinal and archbishop involved go along with planned parenthood? That's just bizarre.

As of last year, the nun certainly sounded firm in her resolve:

http://www.suntimes.com/news/nation/8639571-4...

Do you have anything to support your claim, Knit?
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#262707 Oct 8, 2012
OLD LADY wrote:
<quoted text>
While I read the article concerning this poor little girl,I didn't understand the church. I always thought the double effect would always come into play,especially that this was a child herself. Here's an article Age,I'm still confused.:(
http://www.pathsoflove.com/blog/2010/10/princ...
A direct abortion wouldn't be covered by the double effect. She would have to be in danger of dying. I cannot find any direct quotes from the doctors or obviously, medical records. I read that her life was not in immediate danger and that a social worker actually pushed for the abortion. Without med records we can't know whether she could have carried to viability.

I think that after the fact of the abortion, the Bishop should have used some common sense and not given the Church another black eye.
sassylicious

Jackson, NJ

#262708 Oct 8, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
I just went to check and you're right. Within the same hour that she made that post, just prior she had been laughing and joking and mocking PLer's and THEN made that post beginning it with a "BTW". She began it with a [by the way], and supposedly it had just happened that afternoon.
In that same hour prior to that post she was posting things like,
"ROFLMAO! Lynne, you dont know shit about charting. Hell, I dont either, but I know YOU know less than the average idiot."
"Gee, you mean the records from when your pedphile BF "murdered" two of your "children" by punching them out of you? Or the "faulty sperm" death perhaps? Back in the 70's? THOSE records? The ones your "doctor" SHOULD have been giving to the police to have your pedophile BF arrested? Perhaps your parents too, you WERE a minor after all.....
ROFLMAO!!"
She made a few more posts trying to make ignorant claims about D&Cs and THEN wrote:
"Oh and BTW...
...My BIL's sister just died late this afternoon in Texas."
She was trying to prove me wrong in my claims about D&Cs and then throws this story in as though it was an afterthought, to try to attack pro-lifers, and once again uses Lynne's name instead of mine.
"Oh and BTW for all the ignorant bitches out there like YOU Lynne that like to claim that delivery of a non-viable baby is safer than abortion, you're wrong about that too.My BIL's sister just died late this afternoon in Texas..."
Supposedly happened yesterday afternoon, yet she tossed it in as an afterthought to her other attacks and ignorance about D&Cs yesterday.
She not only used that story as a "by the way" type of thing to attack and try to make a point, but she lied in her accusation.
I never claimed delivery of a non-viable fetus was safer than an LTA.
I have said that delivery of a VIABLE fetus was no more dangerous than an LTA, and when there's a chance to save the fetus and the mother, there's no reason for an LTA.
Yep and also she went from laughing hysterically to a wholendifferent demenor when she said "and you bitches yeah you LYNNE to" as if she was upset suddenly. LOL

reminds me of her Ariel story...a supposed kidnapped 14 yr old child who was kidnapped, raped, beaten and dumped in a park to die. A PL suggested amber alert and fooL was like "good idea". She posted her picture because she knew this girl and her mom very closely.

Ends up that Arial was a 20 year old woman who got off a bus and her whereabouts were unknown so mom alerted police. News report link(shown by foo) said it was a misunderstanding.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#262709 Oct 8, 2012
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text> I don't care about what your issue is, you were posting misinformation about the D&C procedure. You know all about miscarriages, all about pregnancy, all about abortion, D&C's, medical terminology, medical coding and charting yet you haven't shared what your occupation is or experience in the medical field. One can assume that since you know so much about the field you are in the medical field. Oh wait, you have family members in the medical field and they tell you. LOL. You are willfully ignorant, you're a forum troll just like your friends and nothing more.
"I don't care about what your issue is, you were posting misinformation about the D&C procedure."

No I wasn't. YOU were the one posting misinformation, claiming it's charted, coded, transcribed as an "abortion procedure", when your own post of codes proved you were full of shit and didn't know what you were talking about. lol

I know what I'm talking about on the topics in discussion which I choose to enter, yes.

You'll notice, since you follow my posts like an obsessed fan, that I don't post on topics I don't know about.

The family members I mentioned are people with which i have discussions, because we're FAMILY, MC. The women in our family talk about women's issues, because it's a common topic of discussion. I said that this topic came up in discussion years ago.

Don't try to mock me about what you can't understand, because you only display ignroance in doing so.

“...sigh”

Since: Nov 09

Smithtown, NY

#262710 Oct 8, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Nine year olds have given birth before(full term).
2. Perhaps going full term would result in a"burst" uterus and THAT is exactly WHY she couldve delivered at viability.
These were twins. She was small. She probably would not have made it to viability, especially since multiple births sometimes come with delayed development/under-sized babies.

The doctors are the experts. I trust their assessment of the situation. The girl and her mom were Catholic. They would not have taken an abortion lightly.
Katie

Seattle, WA

#262711 Oct 8, 2012
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>I guess the fact that a woman can't get pregnant again with a dead fetus inside of her is no clue that the pregnancy doesn't end when the fetus is dead. The life ended, not the condition of being pregnant. That doesn't end until the fetus is removed. It's her Catholic upbringing I'm sure.
Oh! Those are good points, Ayaka.

My bad. I just told her the abortion hadn't ended yet. Not until all contents were removed. I guess I wasn't looking at it at still being pregnant. However, the aborted pregnancy hasn't ended yet, and that's more of what I meant (since hair-splitting is a pre-req here).

Thanks, Ayaka, for getting me to think on it more. It is always appreciated (and a reason why I don't understand others' reluctance to learn more).

:)
sassylicious

Jackson, NJ

#262712 Oct 8, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
I have clearly moved on, don't remember, don't care, etc.
I have no problem with agreeing with you whatsoever, JM. You know that.
I truly don't even know what you are even referring to, as I've been scrolling by many, may posts and just picking here and there.
Please don't take it personally. It really is far from it, okay?
Katie is saying that after a miscarriage...even days later if any"part of the conception" is left in the womb by accident....that the woman is still pregnant.
You agree?

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#262713 Oct 8, 2012
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>It says abortion, the distinction being (which i said many many times) is the type. Abortion = spontaneous, missed, threatened, elective, failed attempt = distinction
All you're proving is that you can't read for comprehension.

"Dilation and curettage" = procedure.
"Surgical management of an incomplete abotion" [=] purpose after miscarriage.

That is what was stated on your post with codes.

It says ["surgical management OF"...] type of abortion,(spontaneous, missed, threatened), when it's after a miscarriage.

That in now way is stating it's an abortion procedure for a natural abortion. It's stating it's a surgical management of one.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#262714 Oct 8, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you think so?
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#262715 Oct 8, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
These were twins. She was small. She probably would not have made it to viability, especially since multiple births sometimes come with delayed development/under-sized babies.
The doctors are the experts. I trust their assessment of the situation. The girl and her mom were Catholic. They would not have taken an abortion lightly.
We have no medical records to know the truth.

Do you think this mother took the raping of her daughters by her husband for more than three years lightly?

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#262716 Oct 8, 2012
<quoted text>
She IS (was) free to make her own choices. I in no way stopped her, or vilified her. I think it's a sad loss.
You did vilify her, because you belittled the importance to HER, of her CHOICE.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/vil...
Definition of VILIFY
1: to lower in estimation or importance
sassylicious

Jackson, NJ

#262717 Oct 8, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand she was carrying twins. Think of the size of twins at the point of viability. I don't see her uterus bursting. Other nine yr olds and younger have gone full term and didnt die.

Would the babies have most likely survived medical intervention at that stage of life plus their size? Probably not :( Nobody knows. Miracles happen :)

At least the babies weren't deliberately slaughtered. Tragic enough that the poor innocent baby girl was raped without adding MORE tragity to another two innocent babies.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#262718 Oct 8, 2012
<quoted text>
IMO, I think Foo's post was one of grief induced anger. I don't think Foo was exploiting this but rather was venting her upset. The whole situation is indeed a tragic loss. A happy time gone seriously wrong. I feel sorry for all involved.
Sorry, the "grief induced anger" excuse doesn't work.

She was here an hour before she made that comment and was laughing, but supposedly this death happened that day. She was in here an hour after making the post and posted her usual way.

If it's a true story, it wasn't something she had any right to USE the way she did. That's disgusting. The woman who made that choice would probably not appreciate being used the way Foo used her story. To try to make an argument FOR abortion.
sassylicious

Jackson, NJ

#262719 Oct 8, 2012
C
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree. A woman still has a choice to attempt saving her childs life.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#262720 Oct 8, 2012
<quoted text>
You're right, I just hate to see people die so unexpectedly and leave so many grieving people behind.
Lots of unexpected deaths produce that result. Suicide and this type of situation aren't different than accidents producing the same results.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#262721 Oct 8, 2012
<quoted text>
Why do you think so?
Because according to Catholic doctrine a Catholic woman does have every right to save her own life if a pregnancy is killing her.

That's why I don't think the story is true.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#262722 Oct 8, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Notice she saidn"this woman and her baby" died? Suddenly this fetus is a "baby".
Meanwhile DAILY she fights us that the fetus is not a baby nor her child but now"it" is. She's a drama queen.LOL
Yes, she did put it that way, and that's VERY interesting.

It's interesting how when it's a friend of theirs, like Katie's friend; or a family member, like Foo posted, that the person's fetus that died that they want condolences for is called a "baby" by the pro-choicer.

But women who have miscarriages, like Sue, didn't lose a baby.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Entertainment Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Actress: Religion not 'trendy' 6 hr Beelzebub Hook 10
News Can you guess the 5 Beatles songs that Elvis Pr... (Oct '14) 18 hr Cherokeeelvis60 4
News Tila Tequila Kicked Off CBB For Hitler Praise 19 hr Whiny1 4
News Kim Kardashian: I post selfies because they emp... 19 hr Whiny1 6
News Why Evangelicals Should Be Terrified Of Trump, ... 21 hr swedenforever 2
News Huckabee Affirms Support For Duggar Family Foll... 21 hr Observation 8
News Celine Dion rehearses for her new show in The C... Tue Cherokeeelvis60 2
More from around the web