Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 346413 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#262285 Oct 6, 2012
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>((gasp))
I'd respond to this, but I don't want anyone knowing that I read it, so I won't come up with a smartass comment like I normally wood errr would. Don't tempt
It's ok. If your head board isn't getting replaced a time or two in your life span, then the sex sucked.

“qui tacet consentire ”

Since: Oct 12

Detroit

#262286 Oct 6, 2012
OLD LADY wrote:
<quoted text>
It is an alternative,many willing folks,are discouraged in doing so for many reasons. I'd say money would be the main factor.
http://www.livestrong.com/article/229384-why-...
It's not that I dont think adoption is a better alternative, it's just that the same people who tell women they can not abort tell OTHER people they must adopt. They seem to have the answers for everyone else but aren't willing to be part of the solution they propose.
Adoption is a lengthy and hard process, as it must be, adding another million babies a year would only greatly reduce those standards.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#262287 Oct 6, 2012
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>You don't do endometrial ablations to remove fetal tissue after an elective or spontaneous abortion. This is recommended for women who bleed heavily during the menstrual cycle and are not planning to have children right away or anymore children. My sister had to have this done last year because during her cycle she was always becoming anemic.
I had one three years ago, due to Adenomyosis. And I told her the same thing, it's not a treatment that replaces a D&C. She says her doctor told her it was, but she's an admitted liar.

“qui tacet consentire ”

Since: Oct 12

Detroit

#262288 Oct 6, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
KEV!! <<<HUGS>> Its great to see you back!!
Hey Foo, great to see you, as always.

“...sigh”

Since: Nov 09

Smithtown, NY

#262289 Oct 6, 2012
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>You know there there's years waiting list... adoption is in demand
It's foster kids that are hard to place, not babies
Not quite.

There are babies waiting to be placed, as well. They often have health and/or other dysfunctions that make them difficult to place. Some are FASD babies, or are born addicted to drugs, or have profound physical/developmental abnormalities unrelated to substance abuse.

These special needs kids need truly special parents.

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#262290 Oct 6, 2012
_Bad Axe wrote:
<quoted text>It's not that I dont think adoption is a better alternative, it's just that the same people who tell women they can not abort tell OTHER people they must adopt. They seem to have the answers for everyone else but aren't willing to be part of the solution they propose.
Adoption is a lengthy and hard process, as it must be, adding another million babies a year would only greatly reduce those standards.
I completely agree. Sometimes people mistake my warnings about adoption as being "anti" adoption. Absolutely not. I just loathe the "rosy" picture some paint, acting as if adoption is never extremely difficult for the parent adopting their child out, and as if the system is well-equipped to handle a million more babies per year, and as if adopted kids don't often end up with abandonment issues.

A friend of mine is a substance abuse counselor. She told me that a good half of her clients are adopted. Clearly this is not representative of their ratio in society. Bottom line is, not all kids handle being adopted out very well. Perhaps better mechanisms to address this early in life should be implemented.

ALL the choices with respect to an unwanted pregnancy are difficult.

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#262291 Oct 6, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
T<quoted text> They all do it. They start the attacks to avoid answering or addressing the facts.
Bitler just did that before and started changing the subject.. Lala acts like she didnt see the question. FooL morphs into maddawg and starts cursing.
LOL
What question?

You're aware that I'm not on as much as I used to be, right? And that I don't/can't read every post?

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#262292 Oct 6, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
You're expecting a pathological liar to be decent?
We know you aren't capable of being "decent", Lynne.

BTW, have you ever told your daughter(s) that dad is a pedophile?

Speaking of "indecent", that's a pretty nasty way to start a "family"!!

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#262293 Oct 6, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> I remember lala saying that. She was actually agreeing with ME the whole time.She jumped into the conversation and thought "I" was the one saying it was an abortion when cpeter was the one.
Ive noticed she has stayed out of this whole conversation since finding out the truth.I wish she had the decency to tell her friends that they sound ridiculous.
Are you under the impression that I'm supposed to address *every* topic and *every* post made on here? I am not *required* to comment on everything being discussed, you know. Especially since I often pop in and out of here and don't go back and read everything.

Does it occur to you that IF I can not follow something, IF I missed how a discussion thread has originated, I don't just JUMP IN and make a fool out of myself?

Control much?

Location hidden

#262294 Oct 6, 2012
_Bad Axe wrote:
<quoted text>It's not that I dont think adoption is a better alternative, it's just that the same people who tell women they can not abort tell OTHER people they must adopt. They seem to have the answers for everyone else but aren't willing to be part of the solution they propose.
Interesting. I see your point. I pulled this off of the IAC.

Each year about 1,500 pregnant women call IAC who are considering adoption. The IAC provides non-directive counseling. We do not push adoption. About 225 or fifteen percent of these women will make an adoption plan. Most of the other women decide to parent. On the other side of the equation, about 6,000 potential adoptive parents contact the IAC each year, but only about four percent or 240 will decide that adoption through the IAC is the right choice for their family. As you can see the numbers of adoptive parents is only slightly larger than the number of placements each year.

Read more: http://www.adoptionhelp.org/blog/2010/how-man...

Statistically, the actual number of people willing to adopt is only slightly larger than baby's waiting for adoption (through the IAC anyway). And this doesn't include older children waiting for adoption.

Location hidden

#262295 Oct 6, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> We're not BFFs anymore if you don't stop.
;)
Promise?

“OUCH”

Since: Mar 07

Russell Springs, KY

#262296 Oct 6, 2012
_Bad Axe wrote:
Yikes! I was just pointing out its not an easy thing to adopt a child. You are picking out a few folks,who you think will not,or have said they will not.(which is extraordinary anyone would actually admit to that,in this debate.) We can do something,if we can't adopt,for whatever reason,big brother or sister comes to mind. Here are some others.
http://www.heartsandminds.org/links/childlink... :)

Location hidden

#262297 Oct 6, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> FooL said D&Cs are "abortion procedures" regardless of WHY you were having one...pregnant or not.
I know LMAO right?
It's the same procedure whether it's a natural or elective abortion. The only distinction is that an elective abortion has more steps. The fetus or fetal tissue that remains in the uterus is removed by way of a D&C, it does not matter how the fetus died. If you have had a miscarriage and a D&C followed and I had an abortion and a D&C followed, the procedure that you and I will have done to remove the remains of fetal tissue is exactly the same procedure except I had suction first. If I have suction first, the fetus is dead. If you have a miscarriage, the fetus is dead. The only distinction there is the additional step I had done and you didn't.

Location hidden

#262298 Oct 6, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
I provided proof to back hers and my claims, ad did it so you and Ayakneo wouldn't be able to come back with your typical snide remarks and acting like we don't know what we're talking about, when the truth is, neither of you did. You got your ass handed to you when I providedthe proof of what we've claimed about the other PCers. You're welcome.
My typical snide remarks? "Bonehead", "idiocy", "toots", "senseless", sound familiar? You haven't provided proof of anything, copying and pasting from the internet is not proof, your word is not always 100% accurate, your views are not always logical, you are the same as any else which is imperfect. This is not a contest Lil where we should strive to "win" but it is a contest to you. It's always about PL vs PC with you and never about putting our ideas together and working together, discussing together what we as society can do to get the rates down whether it's abortion rates, teen pregnancy rates, or birth control responsibility. You make into a contest degrading others who have good ideas just because they are PC rather than complimenting them for the idea or trying to discuss it further.

“Rockabye”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#262299 Oct 6, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks, Ladi! It's a good start.
Wonderful, elise!
Am happy for you :)

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#262300 Oct 6, 2012
Oh, and, JM?

I didn't see you or Lynne address my post regarding the effectiveness of contraception in reducing abortion rates.

Snap to it!!!

@@
tomtom

Allentown, PA

#262301 Oct 6, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but you are wrong. I do, indeed, own everything that is in my body. If there was a fetus there, I'd own it as well.
Of course you do, that is why you are proabortion. Your decision to accept the right of the choice of abortion but not the choice is proof of your pretending to care one wit about the unborn child.
Only you and your proabort suckups even take your silly stammerings seriously.
Huskerlicious

United States

#262302 Oct 6, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I had one three years ago, due to Adenomyosis. And I told her the same thing, it's not a treatment that replaces a D&C. She says her doctor told her it was, but she's an admitted liar.
My doctor thought i had Endometrial cancer, the doctors used to do a D&C if the cancer didn't spread or was precancerous. My family doctor will not refer or do abortions,neither would my OB/GYN.

Location hidden

#262303 Oct 6, 2012
tomtom wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you do, that is why you are proabortion. Your decision to accept the right of the choice of abortion but not the choice is proof of your pretending to care one wit about the unborn child.
Only you and your proabort suckups even take your silly stammerings seriously.
Rather than insult why don't you explain how what is in your body is not yours?

Location hidden

#262304 Oct 6, 2012
Huskerlicious wrote:
<quoted text>My doctor thought i had Endometrial cancer, the doctors used to do a D&C if the cancer didn't spread or was precancerous. My family doctor will not refer or do abortions,neither would my OB/GYN.
To scrape the uterine wall yes, not to remove fetal tissue.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Entertainment Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 1988 April Tinsley Murder To Be America's Most ... (Apr '09) 39 min JFT96JK 9,264
News Immigration detention policy becomes major issu... 39 min do u 6
News Pride and awareness: Annual event a chance to s... 43 min Billyfarty 4
News Theater review: 'Dog Sees God' by Civic Theatre... 1 hr weapon X 3
News Imagine Dragons singer Dan Reynolds' talks abou... 2 hr Melvin 2
News Look-alike actresses are not related (Nov '07) 15 hr Eric Koenig 17
News Josh Brolin: Barbra Streisand is an 'annoying b... 16 hr Always Ego Ridden 1