Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311629 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

tomtom

Allentown, PA

#262040 Oct 4, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
Most people robbing stores aren't looking at gun stats; they look for a small store with few people in it. Moreover, most clerks are told by their employers not to resist. If someone robs you at knifepoint and you draw a gun, you have limited options; unless they lunge at you, you can't shoot them anyway in most states. You are free to use equal force, not superior force, unless you are being actively threatened physically. We recently had a case here in which this happened, and ONLY because the security film showed the robber lunging at the clerk was the clerk not arrested for shooting him.
BTW--there are many people who refuse to wear or use guns.
<quoted text>
Hate to burst your bubble there comrade but if someone pulls a knife on you, in most states that is indeed consdiered deadly force and your use of your gun will be considered self-defense, since it is just that.

In your toadstool pagan utopia people may pull knives on you to peel your apple or for kinky pagan gay sex but in the real world, someone threatens with a knife they have forfeited any defense against the use of a firearm.
tomtom

Allentown, PA

#262041 Oct 4, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, but incest isn't a sin, is it?
Not in the pagan world.
tomtom

Allentown, PA

#262042 Oct 4, 2012
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
So now we know what you did to your brain.
Being a pagan ginger, your ignorant remark is expected.
tomtom

Allentown, PA

#262043 Oct 4, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
Completely agree.
Of course you do! You always do!

Smooch, smooch, kiss, kiss. More please.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#262044 Oct 5, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
You're full of it. No one said it was charted as "miscarriage". We all know a miscarriage is a spontaneous abortion.
We were talking about the D&C procedure, and one is charted as a treatment after spontaneous miscarriage, and the other is charted as an elective abortion.
We're not the idiots here.
Are you a nurse now? She's correct, a pregnancy loss is not charted as a miscarriage, or a spontaneous miscarriage because miscarriage is not a medical term and unless you have access to medical charts you don't know that it is but here you are posting your assertions as though they are fact. Sound familiar?

Location hidden

#262045 Oct 5, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, so you know what everyone said throughout this whole thread. Arrogant, much?
She's a nurse now I guess.

Location hidden

#262046 Oct 5, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
"I've never seen anyone say it's not her child but I've seen them say it's "not a child" as in the cycle of life."
Either it's her CHILD or it isn't. Make up your mind.
It's her child Lynne, her possession, her offspring, her DNA. You keep reiterating that fact as though no one has ever considered it not to be true. It's ridiculous that you think everyone but you is stupid and doesn't know this already. It is her possession, she owns it regardless of what your definition of "owning" is. Now what business is it of yours what people do with their pregnancies as long as no crime is being committed?
lil Lily wrote:
"You're so hell bent on needing proof, and claiming crap where is your proof that they say it's not her child and not a child?"
I am talking about PCers saying it's not a child. Biologically, it is a child, specifically it's HER child.
"But is it a contradiction? If yes, then I'm not the only one with "idiot" friends. If no, then it is your view."
I have never said anthing about "ownership" but about a biological fact that what's in utero is the woman's child, a separate human life from her. What you're bringing up is only your idiocy having nothing to do with anything I've said, or my views.
It's not a viable child as in the stage of growth when the majority of abortions are done. It will be if society forces her to remain pregnant and forces her to either raise it or adopt it out. We don't have the right to force parenting or adoption on other people that do not effect our lives. If it's a family member or a friend I could understand the interest in what choice is made. And yes you have said "don't own our children".
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't OWN our unborn children
Is this your idiocy, a lie, or an oversight?
lil Lily wrote:
But you just said those weren't your words or your view now you're saying "whenever i've stated the fetus is separate" as if you have said it. You just contradicted yourself. Out right lied."
No I didn't. It's you who is twisting what's been said to mean something other than it did.
PCers say it's not a child. I said it is, biologically, and biology proves it.
That human life is separate from her body. The fetus in utero is not her body, it's the body of her biological [child]; your "ownership" and "possession" bullshit aside, because those are your views and words which have nothing to do with what I've said, not mine.
I'm not twisting anything. We all understand that the relationship of a fetus and the woman carrying it that it is "her biological child". It is also her possession, she has ownership, but it is not a child, it's not a newborn if it were a newborn it would be a child. You have your logic I have mine, but your logic is flawed if you consider a pre born fetus a newborn.
lil Lily wrote:
say it's not a child. I said it is, biologically, and biology proves it.
8th grade biology maybe, is that as far as you went? Just asking.
lil Lily wrote:
That human life is separate from her body. The fetus in utero is not her body, it's the body of her biological [child]; your "ownership" and "possession" bullshit aside, because those are your views and words which have nothing to do with what I've said, not mine.
Stricly your opinion you have provided no proof that it's separate from her body. Logically it isn't because separate means apart if the fetus and mother were separate their would be no need for them to be unattached via the umbilical cord.

Location hidden

#262047 Oct 5, 2012
realkatie wrote:
<quoted text>
You've got to read her post again. Especially the sentence with the stars (**). Bet you'll laugh just like I did :)
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
You're full of it. No one said it was charted as "miscarriage". We all know a miscarriage is a spontaneous abortion.
We were talking about the D&C procedure, and one is charted as a treatment after **spontaneous miscarriage**, and the other is charted as an elective abortion.
We're not the idiots here.
Yah, but no one said it was charted as a miscarriage then 2 sentences later it's said it's charted as a miscarriage.*Facepalm*

Location hidden

#262048 Oct 5, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Toots, I simply misspoke. As I told Katie, intelligent people would have realized I meant to type sponataneous abortion, since it's either miscarriage, or spontaneous abortion, not spontaneous miscarriage.
You're another without the intelligence to have figured that out without help.
Doesn't make any difference. It's not charted as a miscarriage period. The procedure is the same you're only offended by it because it's an elective abortion procedure also and it is because some will get offended as to why the medical field will most often not tell a woman she has spontaneously aborted but "miscarried".

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#262049 Oct 5, 2012
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>She's a nurse now I guess.
Yes, well, she is a dishonest person. It's pretty sad, really. I feel sorry for her, sometimes... but then she posts more of her spiteful BS...

Location hidden

#262052 Oct 5, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, well, she is a dishonest person. It's pretty sad, really. I feel sorry for her, sometimes... but then she posts more of her spiteful BS...
Well I've noticed this *my parenthesis has stopped working* when I first came to this thread it didn't take long before she started throwing insults at me. When she learned I wasn't going to tolerate being called a "bonehead" or any other "childish" name she stopped real quick. When you disagree with her, you're the idiot, you're the one who can't comprehend. She isn't capable of having a respectful conversation with an opposing view because she has to be right 100% of the time, and it isn't possible for her to understand a different view from the opposition. So rather than be a little tolerant and respectful to keep a conversation going, she insults and does her best to inflame the other person. She is a classic case of NPD and it doesn't take long for one to figure that out. Why I bother is something I need to reflect on.

Location hidden

#262053 Oct 5, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll vouch for her?! LOL! Well that's it, AyakaNeo says so.
Whew, glad that was cleared up. I mean, what you post makes as much sense as what she posts, which is none.
Thankfully there are people like you to tell us that miscarriage is not a medical term. LOL, NC.
Do you work in the medical field? Ever had access to a patients record that has had a miscarriage? Ever had any experience in medical coding or transcription? If not you can't know better than anyone who does have the experience. The ICD 9 codes are 634-639 and 631 is "other abnormal product of conception". It is not a medical term used in medical records, nor will it be transcribed as a miscarriage, nor will it be coded as a miscarriage. It will be used when discussing it with the patient as a miscarriage because some women find the term abortion offensive. Elise never said it wasn't a term used at all, she plainly stated it was not charted as a miscarriage and I backed her up because it's not the professional, medical term, I know it and she knows it. Clear enough?

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#262054 Oct 5, 2012
realkatie wrote:
<quoted text>
Heh! Am not sure if it's an across-the-board trait, but I've gotten very familiar with it lately. Am thinking it's done out of respect. One thing I liked during the debate was their civility toward each other. It'd be refreshing if the majority of politicians would go back to putting aside their differences to work together and actually solve problems.
Personally, I'm not too fond of either candidate at this point. Obama, imo, is sorta like the outgoing governor here. She was elected for her second term, but not by me. I did vote for her in the first term, but definitely not the second.
This year I may just write in a name. Walt Disney for President!! Or Captain Hook! Wait... Tom and Jerry for Pres and VP? Putty Tat and Tweety Bird would make a good team, eh? j/k
Can't forget about Mr Taz, I think that he could win it all!!

Location hidden

#262055 Oct 5, 2012
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
I've done a lot of research regarding this question, so if you're truly interested here is Canada's plan (defenses if needed, are included)
We got a crew ready and waiting and am now contemplating war. We have put a lot of thought into it and majority rules so were standing strong and heading out this week.
Our army thus far is me, my brother Bob, neighbor Gregory, Sue (after she gets out of the hospital after giving birth. TWINS!) The whole pool league from Rackem Pub, and Jason. That makes almost 20 people!
WITH that twenty people, we have 10 dirt bikes, four quads, Greg's farming tractor, and a steam engine. We have also included Sue's husbands air crop duster loaded with two shotguns aimed out the side windows.
So if you're asking how much our defenses are, I would have to guess that's well over $100,000. I know this news is disturbing and probably won't let you sleep 2night, but please keep in mind, we will treat all of our prisoners with dignity, and respect.
Now I understand that your fleet is probably a bit more than what we have, but our wits, intelligence, and perseverance is going to be our strong suit. Our Prime Minister heard of our plans this morning and is at this very moment setting up make shift prison camps for the millions we plan on taking.
We have already infiltrated you guys with liquor, and dope so the taking will be no problem. Relax about your women and children, they'll be out of harm's way, but that doesn't mean they're immune. Schools are also included in the prison camps.
It won't be a hostile takeover unless you decide to fight back, then it's no hold bars, and the outcome will NOT be in your best interest.
I wish you guys the best cause I have grown to like a few of you, so I will definitely visit you, PLUS that gives you bragging rights in that you know one of us and can call yourself a friend. Try not to upset the others with jealousy or I will stop dropping by with homemade oatmeal cookies.... just sayin
Good luck, you've been warned.
(compliments of my Auntie Roz)
You're welcome
Oh crap, looks like I've started the Great War of the "Canuck's" and the "Yankees"!?

(Do I get milk with those cookies?)

Location hidden

#262056 Oct 5, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> SOMEone gave this guy a fat head ^^^
LOL yes darlin..you are quite likable and charming.
<cough>
No ...really.... i have a cough.
:D
Better do something with that cough, JM, almost hurt my last feeling.:)

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#262057 Oct 5, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
We have guardianship over our children which means; we're the ones responsible for watching over them, guarding them, PROTECTING them.
Parents don't OWN or have possession of their children.
That whole line of reasoning is irrational.
Sorry, but you are wrong. I do, indeed, own everything that is in my body. If there was a fetus there, I'd own it as well.

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#262060 Oct 5, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>The chick takes herself way too seriously...
I guess she has to. No one else, absolutely *no one else*, does.

She's a nutjob.

Certifiable.

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#262061 Oct 5, 2012
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Do you work in the medical field? Ever had access to a patients record that has had a miscarriage? Ever had any experience in medical coding or transcription? If not you can't know better than anyone who does have the experience. The ICD 9 codes are 634-639 and 631 is "other abnormal product of conception". It is not a medical term used in medical records, nor will it be transcribed as a miscarriage, nor will it be coded as a miscarriage. It will be used when discussing it with the patient as a miscarriage because some women find the term abortion offensive. Elise never said it wasn't a term used at all, she plainly stated it was not charted as a miscarriage and I backed her up because it's not the professional, medical term, I know it and she knows it. Clear enough?
She thinks she's an "expert" because she miscarried 4 of her "children". She led a promiscuous, drug-addled lifestyle as a teen and slept around with/lived with abusive pedophiles, which eventually brought on the demise of her potential offspring.

That about sums up the mess that we (unfortunately) know as LynneD, A.

She denies her history (even though she posted it endlessly and wrote to people privately) because she's ashamed and thinks people are stalking her.

She should be under observation, really.

...sigh.

Location hidden

#262062 Oct 5, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> """"a gun store is gonna most LIKELY have more folks with guns on them than a donut shop"""
Hmmmmm......I'm thinking cops at a donut shop.
Now that's funny Sassy.

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#262063 Oct 5, 2012
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Well I've noticed this *my parenthesis has stopped working* when I first came to this thread it didn't take long before she started throwing insults at me. When she learned I wasn't going to tolerate being called a "bonehead" or any other "childish" name she stopped real quick. When you disagree with her, you're the idiot, you're the one who can't comprehend. She isn't capable of having a respectful conversation with an opposing view because she has to be right 100% of the time, and it isn't possible for her to understand a different view from the opposition. So rather than be a little tolerant and respectful to keep a conversation going, she insults and does her best to inflame the other person. She is a classic case of NPD and it doesn't take long for one to figure that out. Why I bother is something I need to reflect on.
Bingo.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Entertainment Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jack Reynor, James Franco, Zoe Kravitz, and Den... 1 min bvnm 1
News Pro-Clinton super PAC to invest in ground opera... 9 min Le Jimbo 26
News This gay Senate candidate is running in the lan... 52 min Strel 84
News Why 'Ben-Hur' couldn't win the box office race ... 1 hr Donald JW Trump 10
News Michelle Obama Calls for More Diversity in Ente... 2 hr AAM2000 28
News Backlash for Trump after he lashes out at the M... 3 hr Captain Yesterday 1,065
News Behind the scenes on 'Compton' and 'Foxcatcher,... 4 hr D35S47K 1
More from around the web