Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311629 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#259179 Sep 20, 2012
Of course, these are people who think fetuses wrestle, so it's not all that impressive.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
A fetus isn't alive?
Another scriptural reference to unborn life is the wrestling in the womb of Esau and Jacob within Rebekah's body (Genesis 25:21-23):
Isaac prayed to the Lord on behalf of his wife, because she was barren. The Lord answered his prayer, and his wife Rebekah became pregnant. The babies jostled each other within her, and she said, "Why is this happening to me?" So she went to inquire of the Lord. The Lord said to her, "Two nations are in your womb, and two peoples from within you will be separated; one people will be stronger than the other, and the older will serve the younger." (NIV)
Ink

Feasterville Trevose, PA

#259180 Sep 20, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
Sorry, but when that was written, life was considered to begin at the first breath. No one considered fetuses to be alive in the same sense as a born human.
<quoted text>
We know better now that we have sonograms.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#259181 Sep 20, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I remember the other's answers, just not your's. It was probably along the same lines anyway.
ASSume whatever makes you happy.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#259182 Sep 20, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted tevxt>
I don't. The question was actully rhetoricial. The answer is obvious.
A rhetorical question doesn't get asked over and over with a demand that it be answered. You are full of crap, as usual.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#259183 Sep 20, 2012
letsyakalot wrote:
<quoted text> God wants us to love our neighbor no matter how old or helpless, this is in the bible many many times. Another thing, God set up 10 Commandments to follow, one is thou shalt not kill, the protestants say thou shalt not murder. Killing*murdering* goes against God and shows we do not love our fellow man like God wants. Killing *murdering* a human being is not showing God's love and considered evil all through the bible. The bible teaches us to respect others no matter how young or old.
Therefore the bible says to honor the most weakest and most vulnerable, if we do this we are honoring Christ, Christ said whatever you do to the least of my brethren , you do to Christ.
Where does it specifically address abortion? Where does it specifically state anything about abortion?

And this is only relevant if there is actually a God to care about these things.

“Nasty Nana”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#259184 Sep 20, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> LOLOL typical bs'er defending another bs'er.
You look really dumb right now. That poster fubbed up big time with her contradicting claim.
Do you still wear your goofy coke bottle glasses grandmaDC?
Really, really Sassy!
The only poster that fumbled up, was and is consistently you.
I don't have to BS sunshine, I don't have to keep track of my lies. The difference between you and I, quite simply, I am who I am, I needn't make up drivel, I needn't judge others, I stay on point.
Did you seriously just resort to a lame insult? How very astute of you, you must be proud of yourself, that you managed to drum that up all by yourself. Aw, precious!
Anonymous

Canton, GA

#259185 Sep 20, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
Isn't that your mother's nickname for you--"ultimate disappointment?"
<quoted text>
wasn't "Cpeter" the name your dad gave you while he was pounding you from behind when you were 10?

"I've never defended the GOP." - no, youve defended the likes of Vlad Teppes, a viciously sadistic mass murderer & torturer of any & all peoples, and you've defended early communist murderers ---------- didnt you also defend Hitler too?

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#259186 Sep 20, 2012
Lady_Venus wrote:
<quoted text>
Gross, thanks for that, now I'm stuck with a rather unsavory visual. Giggle!;)
LMAO!! I hope you weren't snacking.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#259187 Sep 20, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did you answer since you would have an abortion? I was asking people who were pro choice but said they wouldn't have an abortion.
I believe Michelle said because it wouldn't be right for her, which I guess for you is detailed.
She gave you more of an answer than that. So did a couple of others. You ignoring this is dishonest.
Ink

Feasterville Trevose, PA

#259188 Sep 20, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
Of course, these are people who think fetuses wrestle, so it's not all that impressive.
<quoted text>
It says "the babies".

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#259189 Sep 20, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know who is following what?
So what's a CINO?
Am I not interacting with alleged Christians on here? Or do you faux-Christians just pick and choose when you'll actually follow your own Christian dogma and act like Christians?

And if you all believe in God then why don't any of you just stfu and let God handle things?

I did not come up with CINO, but I'm told it means Christian in name only.
Ink

Feasterville Trevose, PA

#259190 Sep 20, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>A rhetorical question doesn't get asked over and over with a demand that it be answered. You are full of crap, as usual.
I didn't demand anything. I just asked. Like I said the answer is obvious.

“Nasty Nana”

Location hidden

#259191 Sep 20, 2012
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO!! I hope you weren't snacking.
LMAO, aw, thanks for your concern. Luckily not, phew! ;)

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#259192 Sep 20, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
Around here, it's catholic-in-name-only. It's what people are called when they are not in absolute lockstep with the 4th reich...I mean, the RCC.
<quoted text>
You must mean the ones who actually think for themselves.

Indianapolis

#259193 Sep 20, 2012
I don't have to believe it; that YOU do is sufficient.

I wasn't speaking about natural disasters but the act of cruelty and genocide noted in the bible--sodom and gomorrah, the great flood, etc. These were deliberate acts of murder and insanity. THAT is the god you worship--a god who tortured and killed his own son for no real reason.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I love this argument taken from a non literal bible that you don't even believe.
Your argument is that if there was a God, no one would die and God is evil because there are disasters that kill people. Arebn't you the one who thinks there are too many people on the planet?

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#259194 Sep 20, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You really don't know anyone who prays?
I'm sure he does, as we all know people who pray, but many of us know there very well might not be anyone on the other end listening.

“Nasty Nana”

Location hidden

#259195 Sep 20, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
A fetus isn't alive?
Another scriptural reference to unborn life is the wrestling in the womb of Esau and Jacob within Rebekah's body (Genesis 25:21-23):
Isaac prayed to the Lord on behalf of his wife, because she was barren. The Lord answered his prayer, and his wife Rebekah became pregnant. The babies jostled each other within her, and she said, "Why is this happening to me?" So she went to inquire of the Lord. The Lord said to her, "Two nations are in your womb, and two peoples from within you will be separated; one people will be stronger than the other, and the older will serve the younger." (NIV)

If you were strong in your faith, you'd leave the judging to Him.

Indianapolis

#259196 Sep 20, 2012
Nope; life is still mostly philosophical question. However, the commandments were written at a specific time and place, and the bible says not to add to any portion of the scriptures. By altering the definition of life, you alter the commandment.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
We know better now that we have sonograms.

Indianapolis

#259197 Sep 20, 2012
It was rhetorical in the sense that she didn't want any answer that contradicted her own opinion.
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>A rhetorical question doesn't get asked over and over with a demand that it be answered. You are full of crap, as usual.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#259198 Sep 20, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think any Christian or faux Christian on here gives a rats ass what you follow for your own personal moral code.
I am curious as to what you 'think' a Christian should act like.
The word Christian means "Christ-like". I doubt Christ was a judgmental, sanctimonious, self-righteous, Glady Kravitz-type who freely hurled insults at people who didn't agree with him on his views. And I don't think Christ was bitchy either.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Entertainment Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pro-Clinton super PAC to invest in ground opera... 19 min Captain Yesterday 24
News Michelle Obama Calls for More Diversity in Ente... 19 min AAM2000 28
News Backlash for Trump after he lashes out at the M... 45 min Captain Yesterday 1,065
News Behind the scenes on 'Compton' and 'Foxcatcher,... 2 hr D35S47K 1
News This gay Senate candidate is running in the lan... 4 hr oh snap! 82
News Police admit case of mistaken identity in Peari... (Feb '12) 5 hr Just someone 11
News Weekend picks for book lovers 10 hr Stephany McDowell 1
More from around the web