Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310231 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

sassy Jm

Jackson, NJ

#254148 Aug 23, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>What, did you expect me to help YOURS?
Advice is the worst vice, and yours above is awful. Just sayin'.
No,I *didn't* EXPECT you to help mine. THAT'S what's so funny here. You are doing it without me asking.

Twice you have insulted your side. Twice you have mocked your side and called them hypocrites.

LOL keep it up. You're doing great.

Hey kathryn,have you noticed that not one proabort has even responded to your comments? LOL I know...I know...they're cowards.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#254149 Aug 23, 2012
sassy Jm wrote:
<quoted text>
1. What about the fetus in the birth canal? Do you support their death as well? If no,then why?
2. Susan Smith was determined not to be a mother. I assume you support her way of disposing of her UNWANTED children too? You don't think that she would have been more humane if she gave them up for adoption? SHE had other options but chose death for them. They had a father who would have taken them,OR she had family that would have,OR she could have given them up for adoption. SHE made HER choice.
All part of God's vast eternal plan, I guess...

“...sigh”

Since: Nov 09

Smithtown, NY

#254150 Aug 23, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you show us the platform because I don't believe that is true.
I posted it yesterday. Look for it.
sassy Jm

Jackson, NJ

#254151 Aug 23, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Having undergone one, I'm quite aware of the ramifications of not having done so. BUT I also had the option NOT to abort, so OF COURSE it was an elective abortion. It is illegal to force a woman to have an abortion, under any circumstances, in this country.
All abortion is elective - always.
Weak.

JUST weak.

next..........
Ink

Morrisville, PA

#254152 Aug 23, 2012
sassy Jm wrote:
<quoted text>Cancer spreads foo. There is no basis for assuming that it is "non-terminal" or "not (sic)necessisarily a killer".
What an ignorant claim that it is. You have lymph nodes/glands all over and other organs that can be affected.
How can you question her pronouncements. She knows everything.[not]

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#254153 Aug 23, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you really expecting lawmakers in this country to let pregnant women die due to cancer or etopic pregnancies etc? I don't believe this is a real concern for you.
Sadly, a number of lawmakers have demonstrated a complete ignorance of the human physiology they are trying to control, and are unable to see the full ramifications of what they are striving to do. I don't believe they *intend* to let women die, but the case in the DR exemplifies this very real possibility.

“Nasty Nana”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#254154 Aug 23, 2012
sassy Jm wrote:
<quoted text>
Weak.
JUST weak.
next..........
Waiting, dear, waiting....

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#254155 Aug 23, 2012
Carbon-12 wrote:
http://mlkshk.com/r/IQEM
I was just about to post this! You beat me to it! GMTA!

LOL!
sassy Jm

Jackson, NJ

#254156 Aug 23, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, so she should have given up sex becasue she was sick?@@
Spoken like someone that couldn't get laid if her life depended on it.
Who says she knew she was sick BEFORE she got pregnant Skanky?
I dont understand why idiots like you dont think before you say something stupid.
Once again,you are acting like an out-of-control maniac. PAY ATTENTION. I never said that she "should have given up sex because she was sick". I said that a woman who has cancer should PREVENT pregnancy while being treated. I advocate abstinence.

""""" Spoken like someone that couldn't get laid if her life depended on it""""

Says the lesbian who THINKS that she IS getting laid. Oral sex is alot different than intercourse(male and female). YOU'VE never had that experience. Sticking a finger,tongue or object in your vagina is not comparable to a penis. Sorry sweetie ;)

""""" Who says she knew she was sick BEFORE she got pregnant Skanky"""

Nobody. PAY ATTENTION. I'm NOT going to tell you again.'

We were talking about in general.
sassy Jm

Jackson, NJ

#254157 Aug 23, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
No its not you lying sack of shit. I and many others have said it would depend on the circumstances.
I support women's right to make their own CHOICES 100%- period. Whether I would support the choices they make is irrelevant, but even if it wasn't, Who says she knew she was sick BEFORE she got pregnant Skanky.
Psst...foo? Sister Kathryn is the one who made the comment,not me.

Ahahahahhaha,so SHE is the "lying sack of sh*t".

Here that Kat? Foo says that you're a "lying sack of sh*t".

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
sassy Jm

Jackson, NJ

#254158 Aug 23, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
NOBODY was discussing chemo as an aborficant, except in what passes for Inkstain's delusional mind. Not even the article discussed that.
Uh,yeah,that is EXACTLY what this was about. The chemo was supposedly the reason WHY she'd potentially miscarry and the Dr's were afraid they'd be accused of ABORTION. So,the chemo in fact would be the abortificant that they were trying to avoid. THAT was the entire issue.

Sizzle Sizzle!!!!!!!
sassy Jm

Jackson, NJ

#254159 Aug 23, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Sassy has no idea how important sex/intimacy is to the terminally ill. It is one of the things that a very sick person expresses a wish to do with their partner before they die. Unfortunately, it's not always possible, but they deserve a chance to be as intimate as possible. The sex act gives the couple comfort and a sense of normalcy.
Hello? Where did I EVER say that anyone should not have sex while ill? I was talking about PREVENTING PREGNANCY by abstaining when fertile.

You people don't pay attention.
sassy Jm

Jackson, NJ

#254160 Aug 23, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
No we weren't. We were discussing chemo, and you said that it was only used in life-saving situations. Foo just gave you a number of examples where this was the case. You were mistaken.
Lala,this whole discussion is about the need for LIFE SAVING IMMEDIATE chemo treatments while pregnant. If the cancer or other illness requires chemo,but CAN wait til the woman gives birth,then there is no discussion.

Foo giving examples of different uses for chemo is irrelevent to this topic of conversation. If anything,her examples prove that not ALL cancers or illnesses(that require chemo)are a cause to abort like it used to be in the past. The chemo can wait til she gives birth-no abortion necessary like previously expected.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#254161 Aug 23, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you really expecting lawmakers in this country to let pregnant women die due to cancer or etopic pregnancies etc? I don't believe this is a real concern for you.
I said nothing about lawmakers "letting women die". You really are witless.

I'm so sorry that you are stupid. I, and others, have already explained what we're saying to you, many times.

Let's try this one more time. I'm not saying anyone wants pregnant women to die. I'm saying that the reason that girl died is BECAUSE, with abortion being absolutely illegal, anything that caused a miscarriage could give the appearance of an induced abortion, and the doctors were afraid that it WOULD be seen as such, and that they might lose their licenses. I'm also saying that similar situations would occur in this country, IF some people got their way, and abortion is made absolutely illegal.

That is what is being said, not the words you wish to put in my "mouth" just because you can't address what I'm actually saying.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#254162 Aug 23, 2012
sassy Jm wrote:
<quoted text> WHAT? A miscarriage means that you can't handle anymore pregnancies?""" "
I know many women who had miscarriages and had more children after. Why are you assuming that her miscarriage means she can't "handle" another pregnancy?
((sassy shakes her head)))
You SHOULD shake your head. At yourself, for being an idiot. That is not what she said. Slow down, and actually read the words of her post again.
sassy Jm

Jackson, NJ

#254163 Aug 23, 2012
Badaxe wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO, I should apologize to you? I have simply treated you as you have I, yet you dont owe me an apology? Go figure,"Condescending Katie". Again, here I see you compare me to the extremist JM, yet my and her opinions are worlds apart?
What I have argued here is that Doe v Bolton's definition of health, to include "emotional health", could include any situation. This contradicts Roe V Wade's decision that the State has a compelling interest to protect the viable life of the fetus. No one has argued that it doesnt, only that there should be no restrictions for abortion, as you do. I understand your views but I strongly disagree with them, as most people, including PC, do.
You can call me an extremist all you like bad@ss,but in reality,that is a compliment. Why? Because I say what I mean,mean what I say.

I've read your posts. I agree with ALOT of it. I am actually impressed at them. The difference is,you don't practice what you preach. You would have supported your daughter death via abortion because you didn't think that she might be worth the time and energy "if" she had Downs syndrome. You claimed that you worked alot and wouldn't be there to help your wife AND that it would take away time that she had with your born son.

I gave you the scenerio if your wife found out that she was pregnant with twins/triplets. THAT would most definately fit into the same "time and energy" problem with your wife doing it alone AND with your son being neglected. WOULD you have supported her abortion,yes or no?

You don't answer. I know why you don't.

YOU can't change the rules as you go along. You look like a hypocrite.
Katie

Seattle, WA

#254164 Aug 23, 2012
sassy Jm wrote:
<quoted text>No doubt.
Abortion like divorce,has opened up a can of worms. When you have these "back up plans" set in motion,it makes it THAT much easier to use them.
4,000 abortions EACH day in this country alone
Like 1-3 marriages end in divorce..leading to another marriage and yet another divorce most likely
It's a spiral affect.
Life is full of choices. Maybe you'd do better focusing on the 120,000+ births per day, JM.

Also, as Bobby says on L&O Criminal Intent, "Life is full of uncertainty. People need to have options. Abortion has got to be one of those options." Season 1, "The Third Horseman".
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0629592/

Location hidden

#254165 Aug 23, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I said nothing about lawmakers "letting women die". You really are witless.
I'm so sorry that you are stupid. I, and others, have already explained what we're saying to you, many times.
Let's try this one more time. I'm not saying anyone wants pregnant women to die. I'm saying that the reason that girl died is BECAUSE, with abortion being absolutely illegal, anything that caused a miscarriage could give the appearance of an induced abortion, and the doctors were afraid that it WOULD be seen as such, and that they might lose their licenses. I'm also saying that similar situations would occur in this country, IF some people got their way, and abortion is made absolutely illegal.
That is what is being said, not the words you wish to put in my "mouth" just because you can't address what I'm actually saying.
I had to give up, Bit. Don't like saying the same thing over and over. LOL
sassy Jm

Jackson, NJ

#254166 Aug 23, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
No, that's just a statistic. You speak volumes; it's called logorrhea.
Sex is good for the body and the mind. Maybe if heteros embraced safe sex and taught their children, you wouldn't have to promote abstinence.
<quoted text>
Who said that sex isn't good for the body and the mind?

DUMB@SS number 2 who doesn't PAY ATTENTION. Holy crap. It was WRITTEN in ENGLISH FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. I specifically said PREVENTING PREGNANCY by use of abstinence while fertile.

""""" """Maybe if heteros embraced safe sex """"" "

Oh DON'T EVEN get me started.

LOL don't EVEN.

I beg you.
sassy Jm

Jackson, NJ

#254167 Aug 23, 2012
Correction: DUMB@SS number 3

foo,elise and peter.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Entertainment Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Actress: Religion not 'trendy' 9 hr little lamb 9
News Can you guess the 5 Beatles songs that Elvis Pr... (Oct '14) 12 hr Cherokeeelvis60 4
News Tila Tequila Kicked Off CBB For Hitler Praise 13 hr Whiny1 4
News Kim Kardashian: I post selfies because they emp... 13 hr Whiny1 6
News Why Evangelicals Should Be Terrified Of Trump, ... 15 hr swedenforever 2
News Huckabee Affirms Support For Duggar Family Foll... 15 hr Observation 8
News Celine Dion rehearses for her new show in The C... 18 hr Cherokeeelvis60 2
More from around the web