Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311496 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Katie

Puyallup, WA

#254164 Aug 23, 2012
sassy Jm wrote:
<quoted text>No doubt.
Abortion like divorce,has opened up a can of worms. When you have these "back up plans" set in motion,it makes it THAT much easier to use them.
4,000 abortions EACH day in this country alone
Like 1-3 marriages end in divorce..leading to another marriage and yet another divorce most likely
It's a spiral affect.
Life is full of choices. Maybe you'd do better focusing on the 120,000+ births per day, JM.

Also, as Bobby says on L&O Criminal Intent, "Life is full of uncertainty. People need to have options. Abortion has got to be one of those options." Season 1, "The Third Horseman".
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0629592/

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#254165 Aug 23, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I said nothing about lawmakers "letting women die". You really are witless.
I'm so sorry that you are stupid. I, and others, have already explained what we're saying to you, many times.
Let's try this one more time. I'm not saying anyone wants pregnant women to die. I'm saying that the reason that girl died is BECAUSE, with abortion being absolutely illegal, anything that caused a miscarriage could give the appearance of an induced abortion, and the doctors were afraid that it WOULD be seen as such, and that they might lose their licenses. I'm also saying that similar situations would occur in this country, IF some people got their way, and abortion is made absolutely illegal.
That is what is being said, not the words you wish to put in my "mouth" just because you can't address what I'm actually saying.
I had to give up, Bit. Don't like saying the same thing over and over. LOL
sassy Jm

Jackson, NJ

#254166 Aug 23, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
No, that's just a statistic. You speak volumes; it's called logorrhea.
Sex is good for the body and the mind. Maybe if heteros embraced safe sex and taught their children, you wouldn't have to promote abstinence.
<quoted text>
Who said that sex isn't good for the body and the mind?

[email protected] number 2 who doesn't PAY ATTENTION. Holy crap. It was WRITTEN in ENGLISH FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. I specifically said PREVENTING PREGNANCY by use of abstinence while fertile.

""""" """Maybe if heteros embraced safe sex """"" "

Oh DON'T EVEN get me started.

LOL don't EVEN.

I beg you.
sassy Jm

Jackson, NJ

#254167 Aug 23, 2012
Correction: [email protected] number 3

foo,elise and peter.
Ink

Morrisville, PA

#254168 Aug 23, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I said nothing about lawmakers "letting women die". You really are witless.
I'm so sorry that you are stupid. I, and others, have already explained what we're saying to you, many times.
Let's try this one more time. I'm not saying anyone wants pregnant women to die. I'm saying that the reason that girl died is BECAUSE, with abortion being absolutely illegal, anything that caused a miscarriage could give the appearance of an induced abortion, and the doctors were afraid that it WOULD be seen as such, and that they might lose their licenses. I'm also saying that similar situations would occur in this country, IF some people got their way, and abortion is made absolutely illegal.
That is what is being said, not the words you wish to put in my "mouth" just because you can't address what I'm actually saying.
That's because what you are saying is idiotic.
sassy Jm

Jackson, NJ

#254169 Aug 23, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
1) We have millions of acts of coitus every day in this country, yet only a fraction are resulting in pregnancy. Something must be working.
2) Preventive medicine has been a key strategy in american healthcare for at least 2 decades. If patients don't take the advice given them by their physicians, then that is their problem.
<quoted text>
1. 50 million abortions in THIS country alone. THAT is working?

2. Sorry but your idea and my idea of 'preventive' medicine is different. I mean preventive as in diet,exercise,healthy lifestyle NOT legalized drugs to prevent tragic results.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#254170 Aug 23, 2012
lost-cause wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I know. She's not worth the effort, is she?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#254171 Aug 23, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because what you are saying is idiotic.
No, it's not. Again, I'm sorry you're too stupid to understand.

Location hidden

#254172 Aug 23, 2012
If I knew sign language.... I would try that!
Ink

Morrisville, PA

#254173 Aug 23, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
I posted it yesterday. Look for it.
Okay, it doesn't say it wouldn't be allowed to save the life of the mother, therefore the case of the girl in the DR wouldn't happen here. Feel better?

Tampa, Florida (CNN)- The Republican Party is once again set to enshrine into its official platform support for "a human life amendment" to the Constitution that would outlaw abortion without making explicit exemptions for rape or incest, according to draft language of the platform obtained exclusively by CNN late Monday.
sassy Jm

Jackson, NJ

#254174 Aug 23, 2012
lost-cause wrote:
<quoted text>
Really, you don't see the difference between an emergency surgery on a troma patient vs a cemo treatment?
I didn't write the story JM... apparently those doctors had reason for concern, and I could see that being a problem here if the laws were the same...
LC,...SWEETIE...DARLING....PUM PKIN....this woman DIED from her cancer. She WAS a trauma patient. She was an emergency case.

My other scenerio PROVES my point that this had nothing to do with abortion. It was used as an excuse. Had the woman been in a car accident needing immediate care and her baby died,they wouldn't have thought that for a second (that they would be guilty of abortion).

“Nasty Nana”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#254175 Aug 23, 2012
lost-cause wrote:
<quoted text>
Doing or saying the same thing repeatedly with the expectation that the result will in some way differ is a sign of insanity.
Pleased to see you haven’t lost your marbles LC.
The role of mentally incapacitated has been filled well by many others.
;-)

Location hidden

#254176 Aug 23, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I know. She's not worth the effort, is she?
Well, we both know that you're more stubborn... ummm, I mean patient than I.:)
Ink

Morrisville, PA

#254177 Aug 23, 2012
lost-cause wrote:
<quoted text>
I hate saying things over and over too. There is nothing happening in this country that would make it illegal to save a woman's life through abortion.

“Nasty Nana”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#254178 Aug 23, 2012
lost-cause wrote:
GIGGLE!!
I very much doubt she knows how to read between the lines. ;-)
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#254179 Aug 23, 2012
sassy Jm wrote:
<quoted text> An ectopic pregnancy is not an elective abortion. It is an operation to remove the little human life(most likely dead) from a place that it is not meant to be,nor can grow in AND will most likely kill mom.
So it's okay to remove it based on location in *this* instance. Whew! Good to know!

What about the ectopic pregnancies that go to term? It does happen. Ectopic signifies ZEF implanted outside the uterus. While the majority outgrow their living space and burst, requiring emergency surgery, a small number of ectopic pregnancies do produce live infants. I even linked one with pics of the fetus attached to an intestine at one time. Full term and removed, alive and whole, by your ever ready emergency C-Section. Is it okay, iyo, to remove these as well (if mom's intent), prior to term?
Ink

Morrisville, PA

#254180 Aug 23, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
Sadly, a number of lawmakers have demonstrated a complete ignorance of the human physiology they are trying to control, and are unable to see the full ramifications of what they are striving to do. I don't believe they *intend* to let women die, but the case in the DR exemplifies this very real possibility.
It's not even a remote possibility.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#254181 Aug 23, 2012
lost-cause wrote:
Well, she COULD use a sign....a sign to hang on her neck that let's everyone know she's witless....you know, so they don't have high expectations that will NOT be met.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#254182 Aug 23, 2012
lost-cause wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, we both know that you're more stubborn... ummm, I mean patient than I.:)
Oh, no, you were right the first time :)

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#254183 Aug 23, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I hate saying things over and over too. There is nothing happening in this country that would make it illegal to save a woman's life through abortion.
And we have to keep telling YOU, over and over again, that we're not saying it's happening now. We're saying it WOULD if some of the anti-choicers get what they want.

That's it, you really are not worth the effort. You're too damn dumb.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Entertainment Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Obama: Clinton More Qualified Than Me, Bill to ... 1 hr Cordwainer Trout 2
News Clooney's restraining order 2 hr Here is what I 28
News The Latest: First lady calls out Trump, - hatefula 3 hr WelbyMD 59
News Star Trek Discovery needs to push boundaries wi... 3 hr Thats Right 12
News Dev Hynes following 'school of Bowie and Prince... 3 hr Pope Ben Out To P... 3
News Wabash Valley DNC delegates feeling 'energy' 4 hr Jack 7
News Baltimore's Presence Felt At Democratic Nationa... 5 hr Go Blue Forever 1
More from around the web