Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 318367 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“...sigh”

Since: Nov 09

Smithtown, NY

#243136 Jun 12, 2012
Junket wrote:
Quickly - Venus, there is not much time to waste. La is going to get pulverized and I don't think we want to be caught in the vicinity. I see a bomb shelter sign. Run, run as fast as you can!
Best wishes La, it was really nice knowing you. I will always remember you with fondness...
ahahahhahaha

BAckatcha!

Gotta run! Be back later when I feel like I need some giggles!

xoxo!

“Nasty Nana”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#243137 Jun 12, 2012
Junket wrote:
Quickly - Venus, there is not much time to waste. La is going to get pulverized and I don't think we want to be caught in the vicinity. I see a bomb shelter sign. Run, run as fast as you can!
Best wishes La, it was really nice knowing you. I will always remember you with fondness...
I think you're right, my poor ladi!!
You can always tell them:

“Nasty Nana”

Location hidden

#243139 Jun 12, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
You know it!
That's going to be rehashed ad infinitum, because they don't realize the dark, accurate humour in it.
I love new playthings, don't you?!
xoxo!
You very naughty thing!
Humour, what do they know of humour! Their loss!
What cheek!

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#243140 Jun 12, 2012
Kathwynn wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually having been to a catholic mass or two a lot of years ago. The priests really do not use the bible. Between the cardio work out of kneeling, standing, and sitting. The priest stands up there behind the pulpit and reads a prepared sermon.
If it were not for the cardio work out and the automatic responses from crowd. That is said at certain points during the mass. To make sure no one has fallen asleep no doubt. The whole thing would in my opinion be a yawn.
In a Catholic Mass they do 2 or 3 readings from the bible and a gospel reading from the bible and those precede the homily (sermon). I can't say if they use the actual book or a smaller one for the Mass but the content comes from the bible. The masses I attended the sheep sat during the readings but knelt during the gospel reading.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#243141 Jun 12, 2012
pupsilicious wrote:
<quoted text>If you went to mass everyday for three years, you would have read the entire bible. Plus the mass is very biblical. You didn't pay attention when you attended did you
Then you better educate Ink...LMAO!!!

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
"Catholics don't actually use bibles in churches."

“Quack !”

Since: Jul 11

The Pond, Bethpage Ballpark

#243142 Jun 12, 2012
Constitution-lover wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope hunting is protected by the constitution and is very very good for the environment.
during your next plane ride, may a flock of geese kiss your turbines

“Proud to be a Wiccan Priest”

Since: Jul 09

Jonesboro AR

#243144 Jun 12, 2012
Lady_Venus wrote:
<quoted text>
I previously mentioned this, see below.
Client-Lawyer Relationship
Rule 1.6 Confidentiality Of Information
Any one is free to look up the extent of Rule 1.6 on the American Bar Association website. An attorney’s feelings on the matter do not come into play when defending a client. They are there to do a job, whether court appointed or a high profile private defense attorney. Every one has the right to representation. That Silly Sassy clearly doesn’t have an appreciation for the justice system in which she lives under.
No she doesn't seem to understand anything out side of her narrow point of view.

In all the years that I have been coming here off and on. I have yet to see anything close to common sense or even any real intelligence.
Ink

Morrisville, PA

#243145 Jun 12, 2012
Kenose wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you please provide a link showing planned parenthood covered up sexual abuse of children within their organization?
These lawsuits are comming up in many states.

http://www.adfmedia.org/News/PRDetail/4740

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#243146 Jun 12, 2012
Kathwynn wrote:
<quoted text>
But which betrayal? The betrayal that we have all grown up with hearing or the one that is more likely that he Judas was looking for Jesus to reveal himself as god and over throw the Roman authorities.
As Jesus certainly did know that Judas was about to hand him over to the authorities there seems to be some questions of motives here as well. Did Jesus knowing that by being handed over to the authorities would lead to beating and death sentence. There is some questions on that as well. As the translation could be as less as three hours. Easily survivable for a man in good health.
So what is left is a lot of questions of what really happened and having books that are badly mistranslated. Sometime purposefully at times it would seem.
With a lot of bad editing as well. That the original books have never been found just copy of copies. Can only lead one to conclude that what ever really did happen at the time was so minor that had it not been for Paul later on taking up the cause.
Christianity would have been a curious little reform movement with in the Jewish religion in Judea. That may not have survived into what we call the 21rst century.
Crucifixion was actually so heinous the Romans wouldn't use it on their own citizens. First came the beating with whips designed to tear the flesh to the bone and then the actual crucifixion was really death by asphyxiation. The cross position made it difficult to inhale and the victim had to push himself up with each breath (using his nailed feet) so the Romans would break their legs so they were unable to do the pushing up move necessary to draw in breaths.

The location of the nails was insidious because they specifically went through major nerves in the wrists and the tops of the feet adding to the excruciating pain.

Interestingly, according to the biblical records of the incident the Romans did not break Jesus' legs which allowed him to suffer much longer than the average crucifixion victim.

You bring up an interesting point...it would have made more sense for Jesus to use his miraculous powers to simply smite the Romans. He had performed several miracles already but could not save himself and put down the Romans? Seems off.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#243147 Jun 12, 2012
Kenose wrote:
<quoted text>
You're an idiot. How much money has the Church spent defending your child molesting clan?
Roman Catholics spent $615 million on sex abuse cases in 2007. Your money pays to defend those whom you condemn. Keep supporting your dirty church.
The RCC appears to be the biggest defender of child molesters.
Ink

Morrisville, PA

#243148 Jun 12, 2012
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
In a Catholic Mass they do 2 or 3 readings from the bible and a gospel reading from the bible and those precede the homily (sermon). I can't say if they use the actual book or a smaller one for the Mass but the content comes from the bible. The masses I attended the sheep sat during the readings but knelt during the gospel reading.
You might have been in a barn but you sure weren't in a Catholic Church. Nobody kneels during the gospel.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#243149 Jun 12, 2012
OLD LADY wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a daily reading from the bible is said in every mass all over the world. The bible is present and read from,in every mass. Its the same reading were ever you attend mass. The sermon as you call it,explains the gospel that was read,and brings it to our life situation today. To have an open mind, respect,and tolerance is the key understanding any religion.:)
Ink, you getting all this?

Ink wrote: <quoted text> "Catholics don't actually use bibles in churches."

Jonesboro AR

#243150 Jun 12, 2012
OLD LADY wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand,I'm not trying to convert anyone on here. I'm just surprised you didn't see a bible,are you sure you went to a catholic church?
Yes, It was a catholic church.

“Nasty Nana”

Location hidden

#243151 Jun 12, 2012
Kathwynn wrote:
<quoted text>
No she doesn't seem to understand anything out side of her narrow point of view.
In all the years that I have been coming here off and on. I have yet to see anything close to common sense or even any real intelligence.
Shhhh, I don't think she got the memo. ;-)

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#243152 Jun 12, 2012
OLD LADY wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a daily reading from the bible is said in every mass all over the world. The bible is present and read from,in every mass. Its the same reading were ever you attend mass. The sermon as you call it,explains the gospel that was read,and brings it to our life situation today. To have an open mind, respect,and tolerance is the key understanding any religion.:)
"To have an open mind, respect,and tolerance is the key understanding any religion."

Is this supposed to only work one way?

Jonesboro AR

#243153 Jun 12, 2012
Ink wrote:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/09/cath...

"An association for victims of abuse, while not commenting directly on the Internet project, has dismissed the conference as "window dressing" and said the Vatican should publish its documentation on abuse and hand it over to the International Criminal Court (ICC) in the Hague."

Thank you for proving my point..

Face it the catholic church is not going to a thing till the catholics in the pews stand up as one and demand that the vatican does more than feel good guides and, yes, window dressing.

“Nasty Nana”

Location hidden

#243154 Jun 12, 2012
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
"To have an open mind, respect,and tolerance is the key understanding any religion."
Is this supposed to only work one way?
Eloquently put!!
Kenose

Brooklyn, NY

#243155 Jun 12, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
These lawsuits are comming up in many states.
http://www.adfmedia.org/News/PRDetail/4740
Are you effing serious or are you a moron?

We were discussing other organizations who cover up sexual abuse of children like the church and you named Planned Parenthood. Now you provide this link, which doesn't show a shred of evidence to back up your BS claim that PP has covered up sexual abuse within it's organization.

You're full of feces for jesus. Go shove it where the sun doesn't shine you irrational fundie.

Shame on your for your willful distortion of facts in an effort to bash PP and diminish the horrors of your dirty church.

Jonesboro AR

#243156 Jun 12, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Penn State and Planned Parenthood for two.
Penn Stae a close association with the catholic church.. No kidding HUh?

As for Planned Parenthood.. Prove it. Oh wait you can't. Never mind.

“Make time ”

Since: Sep 09

for contemplation

#243157 Jun 12, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You might have been in a barn but you sure weren't in a Catholic Church. Nobody kneels during the gospel.
Ink, the Church my parents now attend do not have kneelers. There is no kneeling ever... not in that one and trust me when I say, it's a full house on Saturdays. Not sure about Sundays...

As far as the reading of the Gospel - I don't remember. You know best, being a regular, but there is kneeling (prolonged) during the giving/receiving of the sacrament in many RC churches. Is there not? Iirc, there's an earlier session involving kneeling. No?

Not sure what the point is... Bibles were never supplied (bulky), but I always assumed the Priest was reading from something holy.

Please tell me you remember "Limbo"? It's where a person who wasn't good enough for heaven, but not bad enough for hell would end up until the final judgment. Unbaptized when to Limbo, for example. Holy Ghost became the Holy Spirit. Confessions were no longer held in closets. Lots of changes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Entertainment Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Trump aide Bannon had ties to Harvey Wei... 6 min Julia 55
News 5 living ex-presidents to attend hurricane reli... 29 min Laredo 2
News The View excoriates Trump over disrespect for m... 2 hr Fate Of The World 4
News Hollywood sex scandal just got juicier 3 hr Fate Of The World 21
News Harvey Weinstein scandal: 'New Yorker' publishe... 3 hr Fate Of The World 2
News UC Berkeley students threaten to sue over Ann C... (Apr '17) 4 hr RecoveringRacist 4
News Sundance 2017: 'Casting JonBenet' and the Age o... (Jan '17) 6 hr robert 10
More from around the web