Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 308,914
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#242268 Jun 8, 2012
Many LTA's occur before viability; the term is usually defined to include any abortions after the 20th week, and most fetuses are not viable at that point. Determination of medical viability is a case-by-case basis; the law doesn't have that option so they settled for 24 weeks as a standard.

Yes, there are quacks out there--in every branch of human endeavor, be it medical, religious, business, politics. We do not punish the people for the activities of these charlatans; we cannot take the right of self-determination from women just because some guy broke the law.

Choosing to abort varies from woman to woman; for some, it is an arduous decision-making process, for others, not much of a problem at all. Despite the propaganda, most women do not regret their choices. Those who do are usually not being honest with themselves in the first place. That is their responsibility, not the government's.
OLD LADY wrote:
<quoted text>
Late term abortion are done when the fetus is viable. I really have a problem, with some women in waiting till the end,to terminate a viable fetus,especially a healthy one. I know some have abortion because of the fetuses abnormality,and risks to the mother dying. Let face it not people are honest,in the cases of Dr. Gosnell he killed viable fetuses that were healthy,the doctor and the women knew it. Was that anyones business?
It's the law BC,Roe and Doe made it everyones business,in our society.
I'm old, I've seen it all.
Of course it matters.. we need to develop a society,that takes great pains to help women never have to make that choice, even if it is legal.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#242269 Jun 8, 2012
So you think "OH CRAP GOT DRUNK AND KNOCkED UP" is a good reason to have a baby?
Constitution-lover wrote:
I think abortion is flat out evil. That said we have many things that are legal that are flat out evil. I do wishw e could do some regulation on abortion like only first trimester and for a reason like rape or health reasons. NOT OH CRAP GOT DRUNK AND KNOCkED UP.

“mama & baby”

Since: Oct 10

Pro Choice is Pro Life!

#242270 Jun 8, 2012
OLD LADY wrote:
<quoted text>Late term abortion are done when the fetus is viable. I really have a problem, with some women in waiting till the end,to terminate a viable fetus,especially a healthy one. I know some have abortion because of the fetuses abnormality,and risks to the mother dying. Let face it not people are honest,in the cases of Dr. Gosnell he killed viable fetuses that were healthy,the doctor and the women knew it. Was that anyones business?
It's the law BC,Roe and Doe made it everyones business,in our society.
I'm old, I've seen it all.
Of course it matters.. we need to develop a society,that takes great pains to help women never have to make that choice, even if it is legal.
I agree with your last sentence. But that is never going to happen when the very people who claim to value life continue to vote for politicians that claim sex education, free birth control, low cost or free medical care, welfare and food stamps are bad and should all be eliminated.

There are few if any late term abortions
Done on healthy, normal, pregnancies. That's a fact.

“mama & baby”

Pro Choice is Pro Life!

#242271 Jun 8, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
<quoted text>As another baptized atheist, I'll rejoin now that we can change the sacristy into an orgy room. But we have to upgrade the communion wine--they always buy the cheap stuff.
I would like to suggest that all services be clothing optional. I know that might not be pretty considering all the repressed old folks that might suddenly feel the need to let it all hang out but just imagine the YouTube videos!!

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#242272 Jun 8, 2012
Lady_Venus wrote:
<quoted text>
I’ve stepped in things more interesting that that thing. Let’s be honest, what would she know of “talent” any how? She would be a far less miserable person if she had some talents and better yet, put them to good use.
Agreed!

“mama & baby”

Pro Choice is Pro Life!

#242273 Jun 8, 2012
I think abortion is flat out evil. That said we have many things that are legal that are flat out evil. I do wishw e could do some regulation on abortion like only first trimester and for a reason like rape or health reasons. NOT OH CRAP GOT DRUNK AND KNOCkED UP.
No one cares what you think given your obvious ignorance on the topic.

Btw, you can't love the Constitution and want to usurp the rights of women.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#242274 Jun 8, 2012
Really? Since you purport yourself as a "constitution lover;" which one would would you think it's more evil:

* for a woman to rid herself of an unwanted pregnancy during the first trimester, or

* for a woman to be deprived of ridding herself of an unwanted pregnancy, in the first trimester, solely because "OH CRAP GOT DRUNK AND KNOCKED UP[?]"

“mama & baby”

Pro Choice is Pro Life!

#242278 Jun 8, 2012
<quoted text>Didnt say wanted to usurp anything. I did say abortion should stay legal. Just should be more controled. First tri-mester should be latest for abortion unless a health concern comes up later on. Also an abortion should be given only if a good reason. Not OOPS I wasa idiot and got knocked up when I was drunk....I mean we have right to keep and bear arms. That deosnt mean we can own any weapon that mand can create. We must control some things. THAT DOESNT BREAK THE CONSTITUTIONAL LAW.

Here the thing is. Once a fetus could survive outside a women womb with medical help it then should be to late for an abortion.
You just contradicted yourself about three times.

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#242279 Jun 8, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Besides, most know Lynnie isn't from Bangor. LOL Isn't it funny how Lynniekins is so terrified to admit what EVERYONE here already knows, because she's too cowardaly to simply OWN her own words over the years? Well, and there's the pesky FACT that she's been lying for over a year again, like she did as Perverse?
Funny thing is, YOU said she was from Bangor ME, then changed your tune and stated she was what "originally?" from Ohio, Or Idaho or something like that. lol.

Basically YOU posted it about it since I've been here and then changed your mind as to where she's supposedly from. PC boneheads are the only ones who believe what you boneheads post and thrive on rumor, because not one ever asks you people to prove your claims, like the fool Elise and some "newbie". lol, as if that poster is new, coming in going right for the posts about Lynne.

I have asked you liars t prove the claims you make about the past and the present of Lynne's life and all we ever hear are crickets. lol.

Only idiots, like Elise, would take idiots, like you or Chicky or any other PCer at their word without proof.

You guys suck at your own game you play here of 'trash the pro-lifers'. lol.

“Nasty Nana”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#242280 Jun 8, 2012
Brilliant_Chicky wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with your last sentence. But that is never going to happen when the very people who claim to value life continue to vote for politicians that claim sex education, free birth control, low cost or free medical care, welfare and food stamps are bad and should all be eliminated.
There are few if any late term abortions
You have lived up to your name, Brilliant post Chicky!
grumpy

Pomona, NY

#242281 Jun 8, 2012
We in the middle on abortion would pretty much agree with you.
But as I constantly post, "The Constitution ain't nuttin' etc. etc.."

“Nasty Nana”

Location hidden

#242282 Jun 8, 2012
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed!
Thought you might, ;)
(The last wink I gave you got me into trouble. LOL)

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#242283 Jun 8, 2012
Brilliant_Chicky wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact huh? Facts are things you can prove. All you know is what's been claimed. You have no idea how many are done,(but the documents are falsified), or how many illegal LTA's done and of course are not claimed, until the doctors get caught.

“Nasty Nana”

Location hidden

#242284 Jun 8, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
As another baptized atheist, I'll rejoin now that we can change the sacristy into an orgy room. But we have to upgrade the communion wine--they always buy the cheap stuff.
<quoted text>
Interesting...

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#242285 Jun 8, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are you to talk about anyone's job? You're taking money working for a Catholic church? An organization you've repeatedly made claims that [anyone involved with it] supports the abuse of children. You accuse all Catholics in this thread od supporting pedophile priests just because they're Catholic, you idiotic hypocrite. lol. It's really funny to watch you fools day after day make claims and then display what hypocrites you are, by proving you're guilty of exactly what you accuse others of doing.
Brilliant_Chicky wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have to answer to an insignificant twit like you...
Exactly, because you have no answer.

“mama & baby”

Pro Choice is Pro Life!

#242286 Jun 8, 2012
<quoted text>Oh crap I got drunk is not a good reason to snuff out a potential life. Ever heard the saying "YOU PLAY YOU PAY"? What has happen to taking responsibility for your mistakes?
So the born baby should pay by being raised by a woman that didn't want it? I know a girl that happened to. Her mother thought the way you do and refused to let her abort at 15. A boy was born. The mother died a couple years ago of liver disease without warning. The boy grew up and attempted suicide at 14. He has been in and out of jail, on and off drugs, abuses his wives, has three kids, one is a ward of the state now, and he is a fugitive from justice. I called DSS when he was three and no one gave a shit.

THAT'S the CONSEQUENCES of forcing a woman to carry a pregnancy she wants to abort. Three generations effected so far. The only reason that girl needed to abort was I DONT WANT TO BE PREGNANT AND I DON'T GIVE A RATS ASS WHAT YOU THINK BECAUSE IT'S NOT YOUR BUSINESS.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#242289 Jun 8, 2012
<quoted text>
The first one is more evil and showing no responsiblity.
So you think that a woman's ability to decide for herself is more evil if she decides to rid herself of a pregnancy, simply because "OH GOD I GOT DRUNK I GOT KNOCKED UP," than if she decides NOT to rid herself of said pregnancy.

One more question; is the stick by which you measure responsibility limited to her action of not having an abortion, or does it go beyond that? Do you consider that responsibility doesn't stop in deciding to have a child, but having the ability to also provide for that child, or would you rather see that woman not abort her pregnancy and be a perpetual case of welfare, WIC, public assistance, state sponsored medical coverage for her and the child, and then, a few years down the line, have the child be a guest of the state for what could be a long time, simply because "mom" didn't want to commit the evil of ridding herself of a pregnancy because "OH GOD I GOT DRUNK I GOT KNOCKED UP," and she really shouldn't have had that child?

Think about it, "constitution-lover. " Maybe you love your version of the constitution. But my version does not recognize constitutional rights for the unborn, but for the born.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#242290 Jun 8, 2012
Lady_Venus wrote:
<quoted text>
Thought you might, ;)
(The last wink I gave you got me into trouble. LOL)
With whom?

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#242293 Jun 8, 2012
Brilliant_Chicky wrote:
<quoted text>
So the born baby should pay by being raised by a woman that didn't want it? I know a girl that happened to. Her mother thought the way you do and refused to let her abort at 15. A boy was born. The mother died a couple years ago of liver disease without warning. The boy grew up and attempted suicide at 14. He has been in and out of jail, on and off drugs, abuses his wives, has three kids, one is a ward of the state now, and he is a fugitive from justice. I called DSS when he was three and no one gave a shit.
THAT'S the CONSEQUENCES of forcing a woman to carry a pregnancy she wants to abort. Three generations effected so far. The only reason that girl needed to abort was I DONT WANT TO BE PREGNANT AND I DON'T GIVE A RATS ASS WHAT YOU THINK BECAUSE IT'S NOT YOUR BUSINESS.
Sad story Chicky.

What's more interesting is that the people who say it's more evil to abort because she got drunk, had sex, got knocked up than it is to not abort, are the ones whinning the loudest about guvmnt being the whole sustenance of these kids and not wanting their tax dollars going to pay for these "leaches."

Can we say Paradox?
Kenose

Westbury, NY

#242294 Jun 8, 2012
<quoted text>
Didnt say wanted to usurp anything. I did say abortion should stay legal. Just should be more controled. First tri-mester should be latest for abortion unless a health concern comes up later on. Also an abortion should be given only if a good reason. Not OOPS I wasa idiot and got knocked up when I was drunk....I mean we have right to keep and bear arms. That deosnt mean we can own any weapon that mand can create. We must control some things. THAT DOESNT BREAK THE CONSTITUTIONAL LAW.
Here the thing is. Once a fetus could survive outside a women womb with medical help it then should be to late for an abortion.
Good luck sticking your nose into other people medical privacy.

My favorite part of your recent posts is how you only make women responsible for pregnancy.

Your opinion should not and will not be thes standard for all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Entertainment Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Phil Robertson on Avoiding STDs: 'One Man, One ... 8 min HumanSpirit 2
Lights, camera, action for filming of pilot for... (Jan '09) 1 hr Justin Lewis 48
Catholic Charities refuses to place children wi... (Jun '11) 1 hr NeingOtt 1,446
Michael Jackson's mom taking lawsuit to Calif. ... 1 hr Jesse Pinkman 10
Obama staying out of the GOP crossfire in shutd... 3 hr barefoot2626 43
Shirley MacLaine, Wayne Newton, William Shatner... 5 hr Ravenite Card Table 1
James Safechuck Claims Michael Jackson Kept Him... (May '14) 5 hr An NFL Fan 731
More from around the web