Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311360 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“The wicked are not smart”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#233524 Apr 25, 2012
Badaxe wrote:
To Sassy, NR, Lilly, and you fool me not, or what ever the f' your name is, rather than answer each of your redundant posts I'm going to address them all with this one. I dont know where any of you get the notion that calling me pro-choice is hurting my feelings. After viability, it should be limited to life and health of the mother, and I do believe that Doe v Bolton is too broad when it includes emotional health in it's definition of "health". I have said this several times and have not changed this position in at least 2 years now.
I am not trying to straddle a fence to please anyone. I get called PC by you guys and PL by CS, Katie and Cpeter. It would be far easier for me just to pick a side and start name calling the other, but I'm not here for that. I hate to hurt your feelings but I really dont give a shit what anyone thinks of me or what my motivations are, and if your motivations are to get me to take your side from the pressure, it ain't gonna happen. I'm here to discuss the abortion issue, not make friends or play your stupid games.
Both sides have legitimate arguments that I agree with, but it doesn't mean that those arguments are more compelling than the other sides argument at a certain time in the pregnancy. For example, I agree that all life should be respected and is worthy of some protection by the State, including the fetus. But I feel that a woman's right to privacy, to make decisions that affect her own life, are more compelling than protecting a fetus, who only has a potentail to be born, especially in the period where the abortion rate does not exceed the rate of natural miscarriage.
However, I also believe that once that fetus has a very good chance of surviving, the woman's right to privacy is not as strong an argument as protecting the fetus, except in severe circumstance.
I dont understand why you people think it hurts me to label me PC, Pro-Abort, Anti-Life or why some on the other side thinks it hurts to label me PL or anti-choice, I honestly dont care.
My arguments have been consistently down these lines I've laid out here for the last couple of years, it's not me that can't figure out what I believe, it's a lot of you that just cant seem to understand that there is some room in the middle, room for compromise. All the labels should be reserved for extremists such as yourself, not people like me, because you're the ones that those labels and "sides" belong to.
Give it up coward. You are pro-abortion and you know it. And it does hurt you. It hurts you to be called pro-abortion not because we tell you that’s what you are, but because that is the ugly truth about yourself. And that is the reason for your post above.

The pro-abortion women, who live in this forum day in and day out, seek validation for the hideous deeds they have done. You come here, with your arrogance and empty arguments in an attempt to disguise your pro-death stance and feel better about yourself. Do you think you are better than your victim Not_so_bright_chicky, just because she considers pre-born human beings in the womb to be merely “wads of cells” and you don’t? Do you think that you are morally superior to Chicky, because you have set boundaries as to which pre-born human beings are acceptable targets for extermination and she doesn’t? Well, you are not. You may not consider the developing human being just a bunch of useless cells, but you certainly don’t consider it to be the human being that it in fact is. Bottom line: you both support the slaughter of helpless human beings who did not cause their existence and have done nothing to merit their annihilation. And you have the nerve to call pro-life people “extremists”???

There is no compromise or middle when it comes to abortion. There is no middle between being alive or being dead and abortion brings death, death to the most helpless members of the human race.

You are a disgrace.

“Game on !”

Since: Aug 09

nyc

#233525 Apr 25, 2012
Badaxe wrote:
<quoted text>No, Katie does that to me a lot, I dont know if it's intentional or not, but I give her the benefit of the doubt. I seen where you explained it to her, and you were correct.
Thanks. I figured as much. I didn't wanna go digging for something that I was almost certain did not exist.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#233526 Apr 25, 2012
Badaxe wrote:
To Sassy, NR, Lilly, and you fool me not, or what ever the f' your name is, rather than answer each of your redundant posts I'm going to address them all with this one. I dont know where any of you get the notion that calling me pro-choice is hurting my feelings. I was against abortion, except in cases of rape or the life of the mother, when I started here, but after hearing arguments from both sides and reading the entire Roe V Wade decision I changed my position. I believe a woman's right to privacy is the compelling argument, for many reasons, in the first four months of pregnancy which should allow abortion to be her choice. Between the end of the fourth month and viability, I believe it should be limited to life and health of the mother, sever defects in the fetus, and a few other extreme circumstances. After viability, it should be limited to life and health of the mother, and I do believe that Doe v Bolton is too broad when it includes emotional health in it's definition of "health". I have said this several times and have not changed this position in at least 2 years now.
I am not trying to straddle a fence to please anyone. I get called PC by you guys and PL by CS, Katie and Cpeter. It would be far easier for me just to pick a side and start name calling the other, but I'm not here for that. I hate to hurt your feelings but I really dont give a shit what anyone thinks of me or what my motivations are, and if your motivations are to get me to take your side from the pressure, it ain't gonna happen. I'm here to discuss the abortion issue, not make friends or play your stupid games.
Both sides have legitimate arguments that I agree with, but it doesn't mean that those arguments are more compelling than the other sides argument at a certain time in the pregnancy. For example, I agree that all life should be respected and is worthy of some protection by the State, including the fetus. But I feel that a woman's right to privacy, to make decisions that affect her own life, are more compelling than protecting a fetus, who only has a potentail to be born, especially in the period where the abortion rate does not exceed the rate of natural miscarriage.
However, I also believe that once that fetus has a very good chance of surviving, the woman's right to privacy is not as strong an argument as protecting the fetus, except in severe circumstance.
I dont understand why you people think it hurts me to label me PC, Pro-Abort, Anti-Life or why some on the other side thinks it hurts to label me PL or anti-choice, I honestly dont care.
My arguments have been consistently down these lines I've laid out here for the last couple of years, it's not me that can't figure out what I believe, it's a lot of you that just cant seem to understand that there is some room in the middle, room for compromise. All the labels should be reserved for extremists such as yourself, not people like me, because you're the ones that those labels and "sides" belong to.
Your current beliefs on the abortion issue are by definition prochoice.

Yet, you post that you are "prolife."

Those of us who by definition are prolife, you call "extremists."

You're not being honest with yourself, or with authentic prolifers. Maybe it soothes your guilt to consider yourself prolife and call actual prolifers 'extremists.'

Man up. Admit what you are. Quit hiding and blaming your insensitivity for the unborn on others.

Brilliant_Chicky

“mama & baby”

Since: Oct 10

Pro Choice is Pro Life!

#233527 Apr 25, 2012
Badaxe wrote:
<quoted text>In regards to the state having an interest in protecting life and "potential" life, the State has an interest in all, the fetus, the child and the woman. The difference is that a woman's right to privacy supersede the State's interest before "viability", but that doesn't mean the State's interest isn't there, it's just not as compelling. Damn, and you claim to have read and understood R v W?
Now way dont you try to argue this rather then try to twist what I'm saying?
Except that I said nothing about Roe in this comment.

Can you show me where Roe v wade was discussed in my post? No?

Now show me where i was answering Doc Puppets inquiry about your false equivalency.

Do you hallucinate or just think its intellectually "honest" to make this shyt up and then argue your own straw man??

Moron.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#233528 Apr 25, 2012
You fool me not wrote:
<quoted text>
Give it up coward. You are pro-abortion and you know it. And it does hurt you. It hurts you to be called pro-abortion not because we tell you that’s what you are, but because that is the ugly truth about yourself. And that is the reason for your post above.
The pro-abortion women, who live in this forum day in and day out, seek validation for the hideous deeds they have done. You come here, with your arrogance and empty arguments in an attempt to disguise your pro-death stance and feel better about yourself. Do you think you are better than your victim Not_so_bright_chicky, just because she considers pre-born human beings in the womb to be merely “wads of cells” and you don’t? Do you think that you are morally superior to Chicky, because you have set boundaries as to which pre-born human beings are acceptable targets for extermination and she doesn’t? Well, you are not. You may not consider the developing human being just a bunch of useless cells, but you certainly don’t consider it to be the human being that it in fact is. Bottom line: you both support the slaughter of helpless human beings who did not cause their existence and have done nothing to merit their annihilation. And you have the nerve to call pro-life people “extremists”???
There is no compromise or middle when it comes to abortion. There is no middle between being alive or being dead and abortion brings death, death to the most helpless members of the human race.
You are a disgrace.
Great post, YFMN!!

Badaxe places random demarcations along others' human life spectrums to indicate whose life is not worth living.

Chicky is open and frank about her sentiments towards those human beings in utero:'Kill the lil' b****rds!!!"

Badaxe is more gentle and tries to show strange diplomacy and fake concern:'Awww...poor lil' things....I support you being brutally executed, but come 'ere and let me give you a hug first....'

“Rockabye”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#233529 Apr 25, 2012
Badaxe wrote:
To Sassy, NR, Lilly, and you fool me not, or what ever the f' your name is, rather than answer each of your redundant posts I'm going to address them all with this one. I dont know where any of you get the notion that calling me pro-choice is hurting my feelings. I was against abortion, except in cases of rape or the life of the mother, when I started here, but after hearing arguments from both sides and reading the entire Roe V Wade decision I changed my position. I believe a woman's right to privacy is the compelling argument, for many reasons, in the first four months of pregnancy which should allow abortion to be her choice. Between the end of the fourth month and viability, I believe it should be limited to life and health of the mother, sever defects in the fetus, and a few other extreme circumstances. After viability, it should be limited to life and health of the mother, and I do believe that Doe v Bolton is too broad when it includes emotional health in it's definition of "health". I have said this several times and have not changed this position in at least 2 years now.
Good post, BA.

Am a little concerned that you included me as one who labels you. Far as I know, I have not. I do believe you view me for the company I keep, but I do not believe you hold it against me. Still, I like posting with you. You are right, too, there are no hard answers to the abortion issue. That's why I believe the way things are set up now IS the way to go. Women make their own determinations and are not forced to remain pregnant with a fatal pregnancy or doomed fetus. Women are not forced to dutifully forfeit their lives in pregnancy for their country, but can choose to do so based on their own determinations. Win/win for everyone involved -- although some will except the insensate ZEF. I believe that exception is a difference in understanding, though.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#233530 Apr 25, 2012
Badaxe wrote:
<quoted text>No, Katie does that to me a lot, I dont know if it's intentional or not, but I give her the benefit of the doubt. I seen where you explained it to her, and you were correct.
Doc: Katie says you compared abortion to abuse. I asked her to show me where and she was typically evasive.

Badaxe: No, Katie does that to me a lot.

NR: Katie does that to me a lot, too.

Katie, are you seeing a pattern?

Let me guess: you don't see a pattern.

LMAO!

“Rockabye”

Location hidden

#233531 Apr 25, 2012
Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
Do me a favor. katie says you compared abortion to abuse. I asked her to show me where and she was typically evasive. Did you in fact equate the two ?
I was less evasive and more willing to let you do your own work. Accuracy is NOT your forte.

Brilliant_Chicky

“mama & baby”

Pro Choice is Pro Life!

#233532 Apr 25, 2012
Badaxe wrote:
<quoted text>You simply do not understand Roe v Wade, read the decision. Simply put, it weighs the States important interest to protect life, including "potential life", against the woman's constitutional rights. At no point during the pregnancy does the State's interest or the woman's rights, not exist, it's a matter of which is the more "compelling" argument at a particular time in the pregnancy.

Wtf?

Interesting dodge, Mr. Integrity.

I guess you are admitting that your comparison of abortion to child abuse was, in fact, a false equivalent and has nothing to do with Roe.

You can keep claiming that it is me that doesn't understand roe but I apparently stumped you, because you changed the subject.

That's why I don't waste my time on a mental midget. Go waste someone else's time, loser.

“Game on !”

nyc

#233533 Apr 25, 2012
Brilliant_Chicky wrote:
<quoted text>
I skimmed this before but just noticed how you lied again.
You did in fact COMPARE abortion to abuse. NO ONE SAID you claimed abortion WAS abuse. No one even insinuated that connection. That's a lie.
Yes they did. Katie did in post #233141

"So while I see what you're saying, I don't agree with the comparison that abortion equals abuse."

And YOU said it above #233501

"he said that having and abortion is the same as a woman beating her child or a man beating his wife. He has said it repeatedly."

By the way you have some outstanding questions you haven't answered. Some posts that have gone without a response. Did you miss them ?

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#233534 Apr 25, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Abortion is the ultimate child abuse.
No significant difference between what Casey Anthony did to daughter Caley, and what 4,000 mothers plan to do to their babies today in an abortuary.
Caley was in 12th trimester of life; the 4,000 little lives executed today are in the first, second, or third trimester of their lives. The killings in the 'clinics' will be more bloody and brutal.
What trimester of life are you in,NR?

“Rockabye”

Location hidden

#233535 Apr 25, 2012
Badaxe wrote:
I read the entire exchange and you stated 2 perspectives.

1. To Triple L -- you didn't see abortion as abuse due to legal differences, but did state is was morally subjective.

2. To Chicky -- you equated abortion to abuse in that urge of wanting to protect "innocents", even those you do not know or know about.

------

Please point out where either one or both are not in agreement with your posts. Please show me where I "do that a lot" while you give me the benefit of the doubt. Would like to clear up any misunderstanding while avoiding Doc's never ending disturbing dances.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#233536 Apr 25, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Go look in a red hazardous waste bag at your local abortuary.
You'll see plenty of bloody 'shreds' of evidence supporting the PL argument. Crushed skulls, hearts, arms, legs, feet........
Pay attention.
Late term abortions that would produce body parts that you describe are not common or frequent. The waste from abortions are less than you will find from many other surgeries. Pay attention, honey.

“Rockabye”

Location hidden

#233537 Apr 25, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Doc: Katie says you compared abortion to abuse. I asked her to show me where and she was typically evasive.
Badaxe: No, Katie does that to me a lot.
NR: Katie does that to me a lot, too.
Katie, are you seeing a pattern?
Let me guess: you don't see a pattern.
LMAO!
Yes how can I not (especially since I've commented on it several times)? Mostly it's the differences in thought patterns and perspectives. We use the same words, but do not speak the same language. Hence perpetual misunderstandings. The difference between you and me, is you prefer to point fingers and label differences as wrong. You prefer to take away that which you don't understand instead of learning about it, working with it.

Brilliant_Chicky

“mama & baby”

Pro Choice is Pro Life!

#233538 Apr 25, 2012
Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>Yes they did. Katie did in post #233141

"So while I see what you're saying, I don't agree with the comparison that abortion equals abuse."

And YOU said it above #233501

"he said that having and abortion is the same as a woman beating her child or a man beating his wife. He has said it repeatedly."

By the way you have some outstanding questions you haven't answered. Some posts that have gone without a response. Did you miss them ?
No. I've answered all your questions over and over. I will not indulge your obsessive compulsive disorder. I've stated my position and supported it. I have little interest in your non acceptance of that. Just like all the women that will abort today. You mean nothing. DEAL with it.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#233539 Apr 25, 2012
realkatie wrote:
NR erroneously concludes, "As a sidenote, she has recanted the umbilical cord belief and replaced it with fetus becoming a baby 24-48 hours after delivery."
I did not recant fetus becomes baby when cord is cut. The blood flow changes circulation so baby can sustain life without the cord or mother's blood (something that scientific paper showed which you are claiming did not back my POV).
So there you go again misconstruing my words. Stop because you're going no where fast. You are outright lying. Intentionally or not doesn't matter. Your comprehension skill is abysmal.
**** "NR erroneously concludes,'As a sidenote, she has recanted the umbilical cord belief and replaced it with fetus becoming a baby 24-48 hours after delivery.'"
_________

"there is no "exact moment" as fetus changing to baby is a process begun during labor and continuing after delivery well into the first 24-48hrs after childbirth. The brain continues to adjust for life outside the womb, see." - Katie
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...
_________

Readers can decide for themselves.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#233540 Apr 25, 2012
&fe ature=related

Brilliant! Mr C keeping it real as always.

“Game on !”

nyc

#233541 Apr 25, 2012
Brilliant_Chicky wrote:
<quoted text>
What you said was that a woman choosing an abortion is the same as her beating her born child.
What you said is just plain wrong. I wasn't going to go there but to finally shut YOU up:
Also wrong is your statement about Roe. Roe v Wade gives but a small window at the END of a pregnancy where, ONLY AFTER CONSIDERING THE WELL BEING OF THE MOTHER, which means the WELFARE OF THE WOMAN COMES FIRST, a state, CAN CHOOSE to restrict abortion. It CAN NOT do so before nor without exceptions. It has to do with the state being allowed to protect POTENTIAL life after "viability" or when a fetus has a chance to have MEANINGFUL LIFE,

even if not viable but needs artificial assistance.
Huh ??? How could something that is not viable need artificial assistance ? No doctor would prescribe medical assistance to a non viable infant. Even Vladdy knows that a non viable infant cannot survive no matter how many machines or tubes you hook it up to. A doctor would only attempt to provide medical assistance to an infant he considered to be viable.
What a dumbbell.

“Rockabye”

Location hidden

#233542 Apr 25, 2012
Brilliant_Chicky wrote:
<quoted text>
You see where BadAxe just denied that he compared abortion to abuse? Smh
Seriously?
Yes, I've addressed it, Chicky. Probably go looking for the two posts. We'll see how it goes and where it goes from here.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#233543 Apr 25, 2012
Badaxe wrote:
Bravo Kevin!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Entertainment Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Heidi Klum new judge on 'America's Got Talent' (Mar '13) 1 hr kim 2
News Sources: KTVK drops 'Good Morning Arizona' pers... (Mar '09) 1 hr chuckles 900
News Chechen leader Kadyrov seeks apprentice on real... 3 hr USA Today 1
News Hear Dustin Lynch's Humid New Song 'Seein' Red' 3 hr Marilyn Morris 1
News Mannington District Fair returns with excitement (Aug '08) 4 hr nasty 28
News Things to do in the Myrtle Beach area on June 15 8 hr Debbie 1
News Meet the Newest NCIS Agents: Tess Monroe and Cl... 9 hr greeneyedlady922 2
More from around the web