Help! How do I stop smoking pot?

Oct 7, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Salon.com

Welcome to my first "Ask Maia" column, in which I shall attempt to answer your questions and other matters drug related.

Comments
1 - 20 of 82 Comments Last updated May 22, 2014
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
DUH MOMENT

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Judged:

By not doing it.
Duh is right

Toms River, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Judged:

DUH MOMENT wrote:
By not doing it.
this guys a genius . Marijuana is not physically addictive just stop smoking and you'll be fine, any "withdrawal" you feel is mostly boredom and will cease in 72 hours . After three days you'll wonder why you wasting all ur money in the first place
Smokers R DUMB

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

Judged:

Duh is right wrote:
<quoted text> this guys a genius . Marijuana is not physically addictive just stop smoking and you'll be fine, any "withdrawal" you feel is mostly boredom and will cease in 72 hours . After three days you'll wonder why you wasting all ur money in the first place
Why waste time and money on smoking OR quit smoking products? Cold Turkey is the way to go, cheap, effective and shows the courage of your conviction. Want to stop? Then STOP!!

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Hello, you can always top smoking by going to a doctor and get a medication. My husband stop smoking with Chantix. I heard of zyban too really works. My husband gets his medication with medicinesmexico.com .
bull

Campton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

AnaBullinger wrote:
Hello, you can always top smoking by going to a doctor and get a medication. My husband stop smoking with Chantix. I heard of zyban too really works. My husband gets his medication with medicinesmexico.com .
It did not work for me.it is just as bad as the zigs,those dam pills has to maney side effects.It is easey to stop smoking pot but those zigs,are a different storey.pot should be lagal and zigs shoult not be legal.pot even cures most types of cancer.
I need help to quit smoki

Jawalakhel, Nepal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

bull wrote:
<quoted text>It did not work for me.it is just as bad as the zigs,those dam pills has to maney side effects.It is easey to stop smoking pot but those zigs,are a different storey.pot should be lagal and zigs shoult not be legal.pot even cures most types of cancer.
I do smok and want quit how can??? its hard me to quit ... can any one advice me too.
mohan gautam
kathamndu
Nepal

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

Judged:

Hello, The other thing is that you go to the doctor.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

Judged:

Anna is right chantix does really help to stop smoking.

“Smoke if you got em”

Since: Nov 12

Huntington Beach

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

You can try hypnosis, but no one can "make" you do something you don't want to do.

http://www.iwanttoquitsmoking.com/Weed.html

The first thing you need to do is make a list of things that you like to do besides smoking weed.

Let's hope it's a long list
Bernard Continelli

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

If you want to "cowardly" live long and avoid the Grim Reaper as long as possible, DON'T stop smoking the "Viper Weed" and keep being arrogant and an unrepetant omnivore forever too.

From a purely 'puritanical'(as opposed to a more secular, mainstream) perspective, marijuana really IS the "Devil's" weed, even if it does not actually make you physically go out and do lotsa naughty things (that you WILL J/O to secretly, though!).

Furthermore, before both of my parents died they lost their "mean" arrogant attitudes and strangely avoided animal protein too. Apparently when one takes this path one will likely be "called by God" very soon.

Give up smoking tobacco or excessive drinking instead if you're concerned about true physical health. DON'T be 'PC' nice - be the opposite. For instance, if some heinous murderer is put to death by lethal injection, RATHER than say some pussy-a**ed pacifist bull**** like: "Oh, capital punishment is SO terrible ... lisp, lisp, lisp!", instead loudly and proudly come out with: "Lethal injection was too GOOD for him ... he should have been tied to a tree and exterminated with nothing more than an ORDINARY CLAW HAMMER TO THE SKULL!".

After THAT go out and have yourself a bloody-rare Outback steak while telling God: "I'm devouring one of your creatures Lord ... HA-HA!". I GUARANTEE that if you do all of the above He won't take you until you're triple-digit aged !!!
dealersRcriminal s

Bryn Mawr, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

You can stop smoking pot by not smoking pot. You need to smoke pot because...you are weak minded, weak willed, ignorant or Darwin simply classified you as a loser?
dognes

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

youtube.com/watch... Colorado legalized cannabis smoking,,,compared to Drinking Booze just
quit dont buy it
heroin is good

Newfoundland, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

start shooting heroin, instead.
Inject Okay

Danville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

heroin is good wrote:
start shooting heroin, instead.
Agree, it truly is less than pot, but the gov lies about it.
Bernard Continelli

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

Oh yeah, "right". A drug that keeps you from taking a dump is the "best" thing for your digestive system. At least when you get COLON CANCER later in life you can go back to weed to cope with the CHEMO!

The government doesn't want us smoking pot PRIMARILY because long-term use ENLIGHTENS one. A long time user is more likely to have an actual or metaphoric bumpersticker that says "Question Authority" than a non-toker, or perhaps actually vote for a third party candidate rather than a 'Republicrat', at least in Presidential elections.

The Illuminati would RATHER have you shoot smack than toke - they LOVE (true) "doped-up" morons to manipulate!
Jay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

With professional help and drugs, the only way is cold turkey. There is no tapering off. It can be difficult, but can be done. It all comes down to how bad you want to and how determined you are. It took me a couple of years once I initially decided that quitting was in my best interest, but that was about six years ago.
Jay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

I meant to say "WITHOUT professional help."
just being honest

Punta Gorda, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2013

wow what a bunch of douche ppl on here.

Since: Jun 13

Nepal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Stop smoking pot.Endulge yourself in other activities

Since: Jun 13

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

just being honest wrote:
wow what a bunch of douche ppl on here.
Seriously

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••