O'Brien leaves anchor post at CNN

O'Brien leaves anchor post at CNN

There are 54 comments on the Newsday story from Apr 5, 2007, titled O'Brien leaves anchor post at CNN. In it, Newsday reports that:

Smithtown's own Soledad O'Brien was named a "special correspondent" at CNN's investigations unit yesterday and will leave the network's morning show that she's anchored since 2003.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Evangeline

AOL

#1 Apr 5, 2007
Soledad and Miles were an unexpectedly great team, for a while....however, for some now time, they both have seemed very tired and at times, just appeared to not want to be there..so it's likely a change for the best.
Dan Rather

United States

#2 Apr 5, 2007
This Verne Gay person may want to do a little research in the future...Fox canned Chetry back in Feb: http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/fnc/is_fn...
Maureen Gannon

Belize City, Belize

#3 Apr 13, 2007
We will miss both Soledad and Miles O'Brien.
I am sure they will both go on to great things
and will probably be better paid when CNN asks
them to return as anchors.
Lisala

Cleveland, OH

#4 Apr 13, 2007
I will miss Soledad, and Miles, Greatly, but I thought I was sensing boredom (from Miles) and frustration (from Soledad) occasionally, so this all makes sense. I hope it's for the best.
Barry Fleckmann

Toms River, NJ

#5 Apr 13, 2007
I always envisioned Soledad O'Brien as Katie Couric's likely replacement on "Today." After all, Soledad WAS the co-host for the weekend "Today" Show, for a LONG time. I figured the reason Soledad moved on to CNN was she was tired of waiting for Katie to move up, or move on.
bite me

Jerseyville, IL

#6 Apr 13, 2007
he figure out the scam with robin and bonnie conoco ( twx and cop merger in a motel room ) SKANKS !
barb taylor

Kingston, Canada

#7 Apr 18, 2007
Soledad had no interview skills whatsoever..she should stick to what she knows..techtv..she started there as a host..and a poor one at that..i will be glad to see the end to her..awkward interviewing

i will miss Miles however, he seemed to be the mroe intelligent of the two, and asked questions that Soledad would never think to ask.
S-Hager

Kingston, Canada

#8 Apr 18, 2007
It will be hard to take John Roberts seriously. He was a video jockey with CITY-TV owned MuchMusic in Canada, and very likeable in that role. He was called JD Roberts then. I still have some tapes of those days. Maybe the grey hair will lend him credibility with his 'old fans' from the MuchMusic days.
Dolores

Pembroke, MA

#9 Apr 19, 2007
I really miss Soledad Obrien and Miles Obrien . I thought they worked well together . I didn't find them boring! I liked low key early A.M. I miss their smiles. I don't watch any longer.Like Lou Dobbs and Wolf and of course Anderson Cooper.
Macpotus

Forest Hills, NY

#10 Apr 22, 2007
I watched this moman, Kiran Chetry, this week and she is awful. If I wanted bubble gum I would watch Nickeloden. I also saw her today on Early Edition and she was very rude interrupting others and rambling on. What are these guys at CNN thinking. I had been a long standing viewer of American Morning, but not now Kiran Chetry has no skills, no knowledge and no experience in being on a real news show. Is this Katie Couric and Sharnon Stone the answer, LEGS< LEGS and MORE LEGS??? NOT !!!!!

I dislike FOX, but perhaps I should start watching it in the future.
Too Much News

AOL

#11 Apr 24, 2007
If you don't like Kieran Chetry maybe it's because she was from Fox and Friends. All the cable news networks just seem to play musical chairs with anchors and correspondents.
Jamie

Columbia, MD

#12 Apr 27, 2007
I will miss Soledad and Miles on The AMerican Morning Show. The duo that replaced them is boring. I will no longer watch the show.
pat

Albany, OR

#13 May 2, 2007
i wont be watching cnn in the morning again. i liked soladad and miles. they made the show.
karen

United States

#14 May 2, 2007
I was disappointed to see Soledad & Miles leave the CNN am show. John Roberts is ok, but cannot stand Kirnan's voice. She does not project authority! Hope CNN could reconsider their choices.
dick

Vermontville, MI

#15 May 4, 2007
CNN must be crazy. Soladad and Miles were
heads above all other morning news reports. Bring them back. You are loseing
many Senior Citizens as loyal veiwers
Betty - Ponca City Ok

United States

#16 May 5, 2007
Why did you get rid of Soladad and Miles, they were a great team, I watched them every morning. You need to think about what the viewer would like to see instead of the network. Bring them back. I will not watch your news, I will watch Fox instead.

Seems the network has a pattern of getting rid of their people, such as Bill Hemmer. He was good!
Maggy

United States

#17 May 7, 2007
We are so glad Soladad is gone. She was terrible, always giggling, touching Miles...so unprofessional. Bill Hemmer was terrible, too. We need another Paula.
Want Jane Pauley

Coram, NY

#18 May 7, 2007
Chetry has some nice features to look at

but she can be pushy

at Fox she wanted them to fire Gretchen and put her in the top spot

she also wanted a raise from 300,000 a year to 750,000 a year

she's got b---s lol
marie

Dothan, AL

#19 May 7, 2007
I really, really miss soledad and miles. They were awesome.
marie

Dothan, AL

#20 May 7, 2007
I really, really miss soledad a and miles. They were awesome

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Entertainment Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Michael Jackson broke down racial barriers (Jun '09) 38 min Spotted Wee 1,563
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr Mabinogi 313,694
News So Long Teutuls! American Chopper Cancelled By ... (Nov '12) 1 hr Mikey wannabe 41
News The Who's Roger Daltrey slams Hillary Clinton: ... 7 hr Rev Cash Dollar 36
News sean_sullivan 7 hr Rev Cash Dollar 2
News Photographer Frank Gerratana snapped this photo... 8 hr America Gentleman... 3
News JonBenet Ramsey's Dad Lost Family Fortune Follo... (Apr '16) 9 hr Texxy 15
More from around the web