Clipper Windpower
gloria

Cedar Rapids, IA

#504 Aug 22, 2012
yep wrote:
I'm glad i got it this time i signed a card and wore a green shirt and I'm glad they didnt have seniority cause i would have stayed at this this shit hole that is on its way out.. The place is shutting down and on top of that i couldn't stand see that sawed off bitch larry adair swallow bob loyds cock one more day it was making me sick.. I will run into that fag one of these days!.. It was fun while it lasted u can take my 1.10 raise over 4 years and shove it up your ass bob while u sit there and rake in the doe!
There is life after Clipper!!!! My husband went to another craphole CCB Packaging, a craphole with less pay and even worse management,( the head of human resources is a dildo saleswomen) so you can imagine, english is the 3rd language there and lock down everything you own as they employ contract workers found mostly at the Larry Nelson center, they would even steal a half drank soda from the fridge. He was let go for speaking his mind there too, but got on through a temp service with a good company, not the greatest pay but he works with intelligent people that dont behave like 4 leggers. Without unions there are no good paying jobs with retirement programs that the rich guys cant steal from ie 401k, no great benefits like health insurance without a 7000.00 deductible.
jethro

Newhall, IA

#505 Aug 22, 2012
yep wrote:
I'm glad i got it this time i signed a card and wore a green shirt and I'm glad they didnt have seniority cause i would have stayed at this this shit hole that is on its way out.. The place is shutting down and on top of that i couldn't stand see that sawed off bitch larry adair swallow bob loyds cock one more day it was making me sick.. I will run into that fag one of these days!.. It was fun while it lasted u can take my 1.10 raise over 4 years and shove it up your ass bob while u sit there and rake in the doe!
yep i don't know who you are but I'm sorry to hear you lost your job.i also want you to know i have the up most respect for you as a union supporter and keeper of the green shirt.i pushed the union very hard at clipper as did a handful of co workers who had the balls to stand up to management.so many pukes there were all in for the union until the company strong armed them with threats and they caved in like a bunch of pussies.I applaud your courage, and i want you to know you will bounce back with another job,we all did.
gloria

Cedar Rapids, IA

#506 Aug 22, 2012
jethro wrote:
<quoted text>yep i don't know who you are but I'm sorry to hear you lost your job.i also want you to know i have the up most respect for you as a union supporter and keeper of the green shirt.i pushed the union very hard at clipper as did a handful of co workers who had the balls to stand up to management.so many pukes there were all in for the union until the company strong armed them with threats and they caved in like a bunch of pussies.I applaud your courage, and i want you to know you will bounce back with another job,we all did.
My husband Mike was the one let go from Clipper, during the first round of "layoffs" He was one of the guys trying to get a union in there. he then ended up at CCB Packaging . he had heard another former Clipper employee Andrew was out there, unfortunately he didnt know Andrew had already walked out on CCB because they are just the next level down in Hell than Clipper. Mike now has a job at a better place and I hope the folks let go in this round of layoffs can look at it as a chance at a new beginning.
Jud

Cedar Rapids, IA

#507 Aug 23, 2012
Yep - No truer words spoke! Good comments Gloria and Jethro!
retired from clipper

Selbyville, DE

#509 Aug 24, 2012
Just seen on the news the old clipper must have got
busted for not following the federal WARN act theirs
a new story 8-23-12 remember the first lay off of no
notice.the story said lay offs through 10/27/12,
60 days free money enjoy.........
gloria

Cedar Rapids, IA

#511 Aug 24, 2012
gloria wrote:
<quoted text> Did not catch that story, do you recall which station? My hubby suffered a brain aneurysm the first week in July, extra money would be a real blessing right now
I dont know why that posted twice. I did go and find the news story it says clipper will pay 60 days pay instead of the giving the 60 day notice and that is for the current lay off. I do recall a severence pay when Mike was let go, i just dont recall how much and /or how many days worth.
Jud

Cedar Rapids, IA

#512 Aug 27, 2012
We got what we had for vacation along with a swift kick out the door! They seemingly got around the Warn Act some how, because we did not receive prior notice, technically they owe us all 60 days pay, but they beat the system and bilked us out of our just dues! As long as PE keeps the dead weight in CA and the low life plant manager in CR then failure is likely to continue! Hopefully PE continues house cleaning if they desire any type of success! Gloria hope Mike is getting better!
retired from clipper

Selbyville, DE

#513 Aug 28, 2012
How strange a federal law and clipper can pick and
choose on the WARN act its all about the money
the local news said in the story posted 8-23-12
this was past 8-20-12 so figure it out,Jud clipper
will never pay up to munch time as passed and no charges were filed with DOL or EEOC,Gloria I to
hope Mike is feeling better.
Jud

Cedar Rapids, IA

#514 Aug 31, 2012
At the time we were laid off they kept the numbers just under 100 to get around the Warn Act! Always has been and always will be a deceitful, lying, cheating company and the largest embarrassment the wind industry has ever seen! Clipper has only managed to set the wind industry in reverse with subsidies and grants, as failures this immense leave politicians in doubt as to why subsidize the wind industry in light of so many costly failures, and Clipper certainly is an industry leader in that arena!
useless

Hardwick, VT

#515 Sep 7, 2012
First Wind suing Clipper for $60 million&#8207;
http://www.pacbiztimes.com/2012/09/06/clipper...
Anyone have details of the lawsuit?
Jud

Cedar Rapids, IA

#517 Sep 19, 2012
60 million dollar law suit coupled with no tax credits for the wind industry, plus the extreme lack of cash to support a business that does not have profitability and only high end warranty and repair costs means the end may be near. PE has their hands full of something I am sure they didn't really want or need and now is saddled with some tough decisions that need to be made quickly or absorb some real tough financial issues with this acquisition! My guess is about now they are asking themselves, what the hell were we thinking when we acquired this mess?
Todd B

Cedar Rapids, IA

#518 Oct 17, 2012
These Dirty mother f..... fired the best painter they had! I thought i had a future here and they stole it from me. I ran the paint dep and this is the way u do me!! They don't care about there employees at all and let Robert loyd lie to the rest of ya til they shut the doors.. Clipper lost the best painter in the mid west but I'll move on no thanks to clipper. Fu all!
who gives a rats ass

Cedar Rapids, IA

#519 Oct 18, 2012
Todd B wrote:
These Dirty mother f..... fired the best painter they had! I thought i had a future here and they stole it from me. I ran the paint dep and this is the way u do me!! They don't care about there employees at all and let Robert loyd lie to the rest of ya til they shut the doors.. Clipper lost the best painter in the mid west but I'll move on no thanks to clipper. Fu all!
I thought Earl Schieb was the midwest paint king...
Jud

Cedar Rapids, IA

#520 Oct 18, 2012
I agree Todd RL is a lying cheating fat porky SOB! Just a real low life four flushing sack of shit and a pathetic human being! Let me guess the Goss bitches and butt kissers get to stay to the end right? Some things never change! I feel you pain brother,best wishes! The end is near anyway I would imagine!
homer

Newhall, IA

#521 Nov 3, 2012
Customer seeking to freeze Clipper Windpower assets, including Cedar Rapids factory.we all knew it was just a matter of time.The time is here
retired from clipper

Selbyville, DE

#522 Nov 7, 2012
The old clipper keeps digging a deeper hole,their such a dead beat crooked company nothing new they
did the same dishonesty with pay checks.
retired from clipper

Selbyville, DE

#523 Nov 8, 2012
Seen of a news web site the old clip fired 10 more
workers.
Uhur hur

Santa Barbara, CA

#524 Nov 10, 2012
Hey CR, it's ALL moving your way soon. The only thing that will Clipper will have in California will be Edom Hills.
Jud

Cedar Rapids, IA

#525 Nov 11, 2012
Must be shutting down the offices in Carp and Denver then huh? Not familiar with Edom Hills, what would that be? Sounds like all that will remain is just a small repair shop and everyone else will be terminated?
Cohocton Gal

Geneseo, NY

#526 Nov 12, 2012
The turbines here are making very loud weird noises continually. Without parts do you think they are dangerous or will eventually just stop running? They are really leaking oil. Many make a thud noise every cycle around of the blades, every so often you get a big thunder boom noise. Do you think someone else can build replacement parts soon enough?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wind Power Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Solar energy, like cellphones, will prove naysa... (Sep '14) 7 hr macmlcasc 21
News OG&E to offer customers solar energy Jul 27 Solarman 1
News Australia needs to accept the move to clean energy Jul 25 Solarman 1
News Why Are Republicans Resurrecting Failed Green E... Jul 25 Solarman 1
News Wind To Power Facebook Data Center Jul 13 CaseyJones 1
News Somerset officials say wind farm is no conflict (Feb '15) Jul 10 Chipper 2
News Renewable Energy Redoubles Its Global Reach Jul '15 Earthling-1 15
More from around the web