Solar Panels To Top Cartersville Shaw...

Solar Panels To Top Cartersville Shaw Plant

There are 6 comments on the Patch.com story from Oct 9, 2013, titled Solar Panels To Top Cartersville Shaw Plant. In it, Patch.com reports that:

About 1 megawatt of solar panels from SolarWorld, the largest U.S. manufacturer of solar technology for more than 35 years, soon will go live atop a carpet-tile manufacturing plant of Shaw Industries Group Inc. in Cartersville, according to the SolarWorld Industries America press release.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Patch.com.

Ihope

Conyers, GA

#1 Oct 10, 2013
I hope that GA. Power does not find out!!! I mentioned to one of their employees once that I was experimenting with Solar Panels and he went ballistic...told me that I was going to put them out of business. Instead of getting with it and using solar energy themselves, they are scared of it. Backwoods kind of thinking like that is what keeps us all DOWN!!!
Neighbor

Acworth, GA

#2 Oct 13, 2013
GA Power is already begging the GPSC to implement a "fine" for using alternative means of electricity.
The power companies happen to be the same folks that want us to conserve too.
Ihope

Cartersville, GA

#3 Oct 13, 2013
Neighbor wrote:
GA Power is already begging the GPSC to implement a "fine" for using alternative means of electricity.
The power companies happen to be the same folks that want us to conserve too.
Wow!!! That really does not surprise me though. Also, they say they want us to conserve, somehow I highly doubt it. Corporate America for ya!
Wiggins

Allentown, PA

#4 Oct 13, 2013
I was informed by a Shaw manager that these panels will be installed by a outside contractor. This contractor only use bull-dyke lesbians. I hope they don't take our police lesbians with them when they leave!
Melissa

Woodstock, GA

#5 Oct 13, 2013
Wiggins wrote:
I was informed by a Shaw manager that these panels will be installed by a outside contractor. This contractor only use bull-dyke lesbians. I hope they don't take our police lesbians with them when they leave!
All right!!

That means the job will be done in half the time and under budget.

Now if they can just catch that scumbag Barf out there maybe they can introduce him to some real fun!
Solarman

La Quinta, CA

#6 Oct 13, 2013
Ihope wrote:
I hope that GA. Power does not find out!!! I mentioned to one of their employees once that I was experimenting with Solar Panels and he went ballistic...told me that I was going to put them out of business. Instead of getting with it and using solar energy themselves, they are scared of it. Backwoods kind of thinking like that is what keeps us all DOWN!!!
Yeah, Nationwide the power utilities are using the excuse that since the KWh rates contain the charges for "line and maintenance" costs, those who install solar PV on their roofs are not "paying their fair share". Wrong, the utilities do not count the "avoided" costs of NOT having to build new peaker plants, install new power corridors or go to court to defend some project from legal challenges, buy property, get the proper rights of way for the project. They do not have to maintain the homeowners solar PV system. So why do they NOT take these "avoided costs" into account and LOWER non solar PV users rates? Try this: www.dsireusa.org and see what energy efficiency programs are available to you in your State of the Union. www.bluepacificsolar.com , this site has pricing on solar PV kits and fully built and ready to wire PODS. It is a good place to start in order to determine what it would cost you to use solar PV on your home.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Solar Energy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Energy Traders Got the Eclipse So Wrong 14 hr Solarman 1
News The Eclipse Showed 'You Can't Rely On Solar Ene... 15 hr Solarman 3
News A Trade Fight With Asia Could Sabotage the U.S.... Wed Solarman 1
News Is The US Approaching Peak Solar Power? Mon Solarman 1
News Lights out: Eclipse to have big impact on Calif... Aug 21 Solarman 2
News Op-ed: Solar energy contributes to income inequ... Aug 19 Solarman 1
News First Solar wins 241 MW module supply contract ... Aug 16 Solarman 1
More from around the web