Ten Economic Risks of Fossil Fuels
Securities of fossil fuels firms, as an economic sector, may soon be on the decline.
Join the discussion below, or Read more at Alternative Energy Stocks.
#1 May 17, 2013
Basically, fossil fuels are declining as easily accessed high quality 'reserves' are consumed, while technology continues to improve the value of green energy projects which don't decline over time.
The US added more Wind Power to the energy mix than fossil fuel power. This is indicative of the declining EROI of fossil fuels relative to wind, solar, etc.
#2 May 17, 2013
Fossil fuels are economically becoming subprime because:
1. Fossil fuels have the capacity to threaten basic systems.
2. Fossil fuel assets present abandonment risk.
3. Renewables are becoming too competitive for fossil fuels.
4. Fossil fuels firms are beginning to have to pay for their externalities.
5. Fossil fuels are likely to have to face carbon taxes.
6. Fossil fuels will soon face diminishing governmental subsidies and benefits.
7. There is growing global institutional belief that transition to renewables solves climate AND economy.
8. Fossil fuels are the ultimate non-circular: theyre completely consumed upon first use, so more primary source extraction is required.
9. Distributed renewable energy grid is more secure than traditional hub and spoke systems, even those powered by domestic fossil fuels.
10. Renewables will counter fossil fuels endless boom and bust economic cycles.
If we fear for the future, it is paradoxical to attempt to mitigate risks by remaining invested in fossil fuels. What we do now will bring about the future for better or worse. If were to emerge from our 19th century energy system, it must be us, now, today, who set that emergence in motion. Leave fossil fuels for those who prefer to look backwards.
Add your comments below
|West Coast Solar||Tue||rileyw12||1|
|Florida: Sunshine, Solar Power, and Shenanigans||Sep 25||Solarman||1|
|JCS Investment launches solar kiosks in Ghana||Sep 25||Solarman||1|
|Hawaii utility tests battery in renewable energ...||Sep 25||Solarman||1|
|Lawsuits aim to block Tesla-SolarCity merger||Sep 21||Solarman||1|
|Affordable new option for solar power launches ...||Sep 18||Jon||4|
|Solar Energy Faces a Rocky Road Ahead||Sep 17||Solarman||1|
Find what you want!
Search Solar Energy Forum Now
Copyright © 2016 Topix LLC