North Texans learning to live off the grid

Sep 18, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Star-Telegram.com

The 10,000-watt wind turbine sits atop a 100-foot tower Renner built himself. Solar panels cover his roof, producing 8,000 watts of power.

Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Sep 21, 2013
Solarman

La Quinta, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

"For Renner, the journey to go off the grid began in 1986 when he had an epiphany of sorts.

“I thought,‘Why should I pay to rent electricity from a utility company when I can harvest plenty of energy straight from the sun,’” he said.“It made no sense.”"

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/09/18/51736...

"In Renner’s case, he estimates it will take 17 years to earn back his investment, and he’s OK with that.

“People will spend money on a luxury car that goes down in value the minute they drive off the lot,” Renner said.“This will eventually pay for itself.”"

If you keep 30K in the bank at a whopping 1% interest, you would make more if you put 30K worth of solar PV on your roof and decreased or eliminated an electric bill for life.
john home

Chiang Mai, Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

Easy Home improvement www.homeauvi.com

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••