Village of Massena may bring back curfew

Village of Massena may bring back curfew

There are 34 comments on the North County Public Radio story from Aug 22, 2012, titled Village of Massena may bring back curfew. In it, North County Public Radio reports that:

The village of Massena is considering whether to revive a 40-year-old curfew. In the past couple of decades, juvenile curfews have been challenged by groups like the American Civil Liberties Union and often failed constitutional tests in the courts.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at North County Public Radio.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
whats really sad

Ithaca, NY

#22 Aug 24, 2012
jeesh wrote:
<quoted text>
How about the police require parents to come to the station, register their kids' name and the kid has to carry a card with their name, address, parents name and phone #. Then they can be fined-kids and parents too when they think it's just a joke.
You mean a dog license?

LOL ok and then we will require a license to have a child

and a license to conceive

and a license for sex

YOU LAZY BUMS it isn't the government's job to wipes your noses every time you sneeze! Welfare bums and crybabies asking the police to do everything for them are weakening our country.

Take on some responsibility as citizens for once. Don't wait for Uncle Sam to take care of you.

Maybe if people actually loved their neighbors instead of judging and assuming this town could be a nicer place.
Neighbor

Greenville, SC

#23 Aug 24, 2012
Good
sad

Lake Placid, NY

#24 Aug 24, 2012
whats really sad wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU are the sad one. These kids are under 16? They are children. Not hoodlums. There isn't a hoodlum within 200 miles of Massena. You f-ing scum all you can think about is punishing and they aren't even adults yet. Get a clue for pete's sake, people like you are destroying our country.
Thats all we need are a bunch of half drunk suburban redneck running around with badges. Potential George Zimmermans. LOL "deputize" HAHAHA then form a posse and saddle up I suppose? Lock n load? watch some more movies lol.
Reactive laws won't stop the conditions that lead to kids hanging out having fun on summer nights.
1. Get a f-ing clue and mind your own business and stop peeking out your windows looking for people having more fun than you.
2. Get a f-ing clue and start supporting local and American manufacturing and businesses instead of being supporting Chinese labor via Walmart and so many other retailers.
You people cure the infection by letting it fester until you have chop off the limb.
Why not keep the body healthy to begin with? It takes time and hard work, you folks want to let the burdened justic system do all your hard work for you.
when these punks attack you or damage your house or car maybe you will change your tune or maybe you are on welfare and have nothing
Wow

Weedsport, NY

#25 Aug 24, 2012
Definately a great idea...curfew and let the parents be accountable.....Yes....I've seen teenagers they have nothing to do....which in turns...means they will find something good or bad
STFU

New Kensington, PA

#26 Aug 24, 2012
whats really sad wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU are the sad one. These kids are under 16? They are children. Not hoodlums. There isn't a hoodlum within 200 miles of Massena. You f-ing scum all you can think about is punishing and they aren't even adults yet. Get a clue for pete's sake, people like you are destroying our country.
Thats all we need are a bunch of half drunk suburban redneck running around with badges. Potential George Zimmermans. LOL "deputize" HAHAHA then form a posse and saddle up I suppose? Lock n load? watch some more movies lol.
Reactive laws won't stop the conditions that lead to kids hanging out having fun on summer nights.
1. Get a f-ing clue and mind your own business and stop peeking out your windows looking for people having more fun than you.
2. Get a f-ing clue and start supporting local and American manufacturing and businesses instead of being supporting Chinese labor via Walmart and so many other retailers.
You people cure the infection by letting it fester until you have chop off the limb.
Why not keep the body healthy to begin with? It takes time and hard work, you folks want to let the burdened justic system do all your hard work for you.
Are you talking about the system that has our hands tied? You are the one that has no clue.
Parents

Ithaca, NY

#27 Aug 25, 2012
Its a wonderfull idea .And its about time they did this.I have teens they are in our house at 9:00 PM on weekends. There is no need for kids or teens be wondering around the streets only cause probles. It all starts a home Parents need to act like parents
Stink fist

Ithaca, NY

#28 Aug 25, 2012
I think where parents went wrong is in taking on the philosophy that "I'm not going to raise my kids like my parents raised me." We should be raising our kids like our parents raised us. The message that the generations before was trying to send was dead on, their method of sending that message is what needs to be improved.
Misty

Gilboa, NY

#29 Aug 25, 2012
You cannot put the blame on all parents.
pray tell

Watertown, NY

#30 Aug 25, 2012
whats really sad wrote:
<quoted text>
Pray tell what have and are you doing?????? Just like everyone else it seems writing on here...Helping out I see....
Plinko

Massena, NY

#32 Aug 27, 2012
This idea has not been thought out. What do the Police do if they pick up one of these juveniles and they cannot contact a parent, guardian or relative? I guess someone will have to sit with this juvenile. Also there are strict guideline for detaining a juvenile. These too will have to be met. Another idea by someone without a clue.
Birdzilla

Etna, CA

#33 Oct 19, 2012
Bring bcurfews and tell the leftists ACLU to GO POUND SAND and SHOVE IT
real deal info

United States

#34 Oct 20, 2012
it will never happen just a pipe dream, massena has bigger problems to take care besides havinga curfew.
hi

Ilion, NY

#35 Oct 21, 2012
How is this working any news
patty

Massena, NY

#36 Oct 24, 2012
hi wrote:
How is this working any news
not on the books yet

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Renewable Energy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Solar Energy Fraud 13 hr Solarman 1
News Solar eclipse impacting solar energy 14 hr Solarman 1
News Sierra Club sues U.S. Energy Department over po... 14 hr Solarman 2
News In Tucson, Competing Interests Fight for Solar ... Aug 13 Solarman 1
News Sunny outlook for a few rural properties in Tar... Aug 12 Solarman 1
News Guest column: Duke Energy makes plans for when ... Aug 12 Solarman 1
News State regulators push back on PGE's green energ... Aug 12 Solarman 1
More from around the web