U.S. military acknowledges realty of ...

U.S. military acknowledges realty of human-induced global warming

There are 29 comments on the The Free Press, Independent News Media story from Jun 11, 2012, titled U.S. military acknowledges realty of human-induced global warming. In it, The Free Press, Independent News Media reports that:

Note that in this hot, never-ebbing, electoral season, global warming is not among the issues given much attention.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Free Press, Independent News Media.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
SpaceBlues

United States

#1 Jun 11, 2012
The title must have been spelled by tina.

[As she would publish: the title must of spelled by Tina.]

LOL.
IAmDigitap

Los Angeles, CA

#2 Jun 11, 2012
SpaceBlues wrote:
LOL.
YOU'RE A HICK, who BELIEVED IN MAGIC T.R.E.E.M.O.M.I.T.U.R.S.

That's all there is to it.
Northie

Spokane, WA

#3 Jun 12, 2012
Here is the report:

http://www.iripaz.org/list_vert/05/Cambio%20C... àtico.pdf

Excerpt:
"Climate change is real, serious, and inescapable, and its looming effects, certain and uncertain, may prove to be destabilizing on a massive scale. Stemming the tide of climate change and adapting to its far-reaching security implications must therefore rank among the most vital U.S. strategic priorities this century."
Northie

Spokane, WA

#4 Jun 12, 2012
Sorry for the broken link:

http://tinyurl.com/7fhctff
IAmDigitap

Los Angeles, CA

#5 Jun 12, 2012
Northie wrote:
"Climate change is real, serious, and inescapable, and its looming effects, certain and uncertain, may prove to be destabilizing on a massive scale. Stemming the tide of climate change and adapting to its far-reaching security implications must therefore rank among the most vital U.S. strategic priorities this century."
You sound like someone whose mommy told too many spooky fairy tales.
SpaceBlues

United States

#6 Jun 12, 2012
Northie wrote:
Sorry for the broken link:
http://tinyurl.com/7fhctff
Thanks.

From the report:

Climate change, in which man-made global warming is a major factor, will likely have dramatic and long lasting consequences with profound security implications, making it a challenge the United States must urgently take up. The security implications will be most pronounced in places where the effects of climate change are greatest, particularly affecting weak states already especially vulnerable to environmental destabilization. Two things are vitally important: stemming the tide of climate change and adapting to its far-reaching consequences. This project examines the destabilizing effects of climate change and how the military could be used to mitigate global warming and to assist at-risk peoples and states to adapt to climate change, thereby promoting stability and sustainable security. Recommendations are made on the importance of U.S. leadership on the critical issue of global warming, on defining and dealing with the strategic dimensions of climate change, and, as a case in point, on how Sino-American cooperation in Africa would not only benefit areas where climate change effects are already pronounced, but also strengthen a crucial bilateral relationship.
IAmDigitap

Los Angeles, CA

#7 Jun 12, 2012
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks.
COPY PAYSTE R MY EDJyewKAYeSHuN!
You ignorant intellectual invalid.

WHY didn't YEW or ANYBODY YEW KNOW realize THIM THAIR MAGICAL T.R.E.EM.O.M.I.T.U.R.S.
AINT
REEL
HEET
SINT
SURS?

WHY didn't YEW or ANYBODY YEW KNOW realize THIM THAIR MAGICAL HOCKEY STICK MAYuTHS

AINT
REEL
MATH
UH..
MAT-
ICS?

Because YOU'RE *IGNORANT* unTUTORED and ANGRY *LIBTARD*

t.r.a.s.h. who WANTS to CONTROL CIVILIZATION with the KIND of ANALYTICAL TALENT that
GOT THE E.N.T.I.R.E. WORLD H.I.S.S.I.N.G. and S.N.I.C.K.E.R.I.N.G.

at YOUR G.U.L.L.I.B.I.L.I.T.Y.
jackson

United States

#8 Jun 13, 2012
IAmDigitap wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU'RE A HICK, who BELIEVED IN MAGIC T.R.E.E.M.O.M.I.T.U.R.S.
That's all there is to it.
Better a hick than an old dumb azz like you.....crawl back in your hole Oscar.
IAmDigitap

Los Angeles, CA

#9 Jun 13, 2012
jackson wrote:
<quoted text>Better a hick than an old dumb azz like you.....crawl back in your hole Oscar.
Your field is GRILL MAINTENANCE.

IF you HAVE a field.

Let us guess you're a researcher in zit cream effectiveness.

“Denying those who deny nature”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

#10 Jun 13, 2012
SpaceBlues wrote:
LOL.
Why? I would have used spell check. In fact it has all the hallmarks of an alarmist from the spelling to the grammar to the lack of facts.

Norfolk va

#11 Jun 13, 2012
Northie wrote:
Here is the report:
http://www.iripaz.org/list_vert/05/Cambio%20C... àtico.pdf
Excerpt:
What your link was to was an article and not a report. The report is the QDR which I included a link to. Happy reading.

http://open.dodlive.mil/files/2011/11/DoD-Str...
Fun Facts

Owens Cross Roads, AL

#12 Jun 13, 2012
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks.
From the report:
Climate change, in which man-made global warming is a major factor, will likely have dramatic and long lasting consequences with profound security implications, making it a challenge the United States must urgently take up. The security implications will be most pronounced in places where the effects of climate change are greatest, particularly affecting weak states already especially vulnerable to environmental destabilization. Two things are vitally important: stemming the tide of climate change and adapting to its far-reaching consequences. This project examines the destabilizing effects of climate change and how the military could be used to mitigate global warming and to assist at-risk peoples and states to adapt to climate change, thereby promoting stability and sustainable security. Recommendations are made on the importance of U.S. leadership on the critical issue of global warming, on defining and dealing with the strategic dimensions of climate change, and, as a case in point, on how Sino-American cooperation in Africa would not only benefit areas where climate change effects are already pronounced, but also strengthen a crucial bilateral relationship.
You forgot this part of that report.....

"The views expressed in this report are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the Department of the Army..." http://www.iripaz.org/list_vert/05/Cambio%20C... àtico.pdf
Space Blues

United States

#13 Jun 13, 2012
Fun Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot this part of that report.....
"The views expressed in this report are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the Department of the Army..." http://www.iripaz.org/list_vert/05/Cambio%20C... àtico.pdf
No, I did not forget anything but you did.

What I posted was the abstract. Thus what you posted once again is irrelevant as always.

I wonder where you get help to be wrong all the time. LOL.
Space Blues

United States

#14 Jun 13, 2012
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? I would have used spell check. In fact it has all the hallmarks of an alarmist from the spelling to the grammar to the lack of facts.
Funny. You don't comprehend your mistakes, do you?

Like your comrade FF, you also reek of pride without basis.
Fun Facts

Owens Cross Roads, AL

#15 Jun 13, 2012
Space Blues wrote:
<quoted text>No, I did not forget anything but you did.
What I posted was the abstract. Thus what you posted once again is irrelevant as always.
Yes you posted an abstract from an individual whose views are solely his own and are not intended to represent the views of the Department of Defense or the military. The very first paragraph of the report you posted states exactly that.

Norfolk va

#16 Jun 13, 2012
Space Blues wrote:
<quoted text>No, I did not forget anything but you did.
What you posted was only the portion that supported what you wanted people to believe.

I would have to wonder where you find the help to continue to be that wrong (not laughing at all).

Norfolk va

#17 Jun 13, 2012
Space Blues wrote:
<quoted text>Funny. You don't comprehend your mistakes, do you?
Like your comrade FF, you also reek of pride without basis.
Mistakes’, disagreeing with you is not a mistake. The fact is I comprehend what your issue with. You have an issue with people disagreeing with you in an intelligent manner. Which of course makes what you post sound so foolish.
Northie

Spokane, WA

#18 Jun 13, 2012
Fun Facts wrote:
<quoted text>You forgot this part of that report.....
"The views expressed in this report are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the Department of the Army..."
Then let's see what the Joint Chiefs of Staff say:

"Glaciers are melting at a faster rate, causing water supplies to diminish in Asia. Rising sea levels could lead to a mass migration and displacement similar to what we saw in Pakistan’s floods last year. And other shifts could reduce the arable land needed to feed a growing population in Africa, for example. Scarcity of water, food and space could create not only a humanitarian crisis, but create conditions that could lead to failed states, instability and, potentially, radicalization....In combination, these strategic constraints related to the economy and energy consumption -- combined with the panoply of emerging challenges we see in the headlines -- could place our nation at what I believe is at a strategic turning point. Here too, business as usual won't cut it."

-Admiral Mike Mullen, Chairman, US Joint Chiefs of Staff
Space Blues

United States

#19 Jun 13, 2012
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Mistakes’, disagreeing with you is not a mistake. The fact is I comprehend what your issue with. You have an issue with people disagreeing with you in an intelligent manner. Which of course makes what you post sound so foolish.
"Your"* so funny.

LOL.

* a tina mistake for 'You're.'
Space Blues

United States

#20 Jun 13, 2012
Fun Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you posted an abstract from an individual whose views are solely his own and are not intended to represent the views of the Department of Defense or the military. The very first paragraph of the report you posted states exactly that.
It was the abstract of a report.

Where do you find the views of the military?

The answer is the White House.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Renewable Energy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Beijing to spend $2.7 billion on cleaning capit... 3 hr Solarman 1
News 17:43 Mongolia opens first solar power plant 15 hr CAS 1
News Clouds part for commercial solar in Wyoming, to... 18 hr Solarman 4
News Wyoming lawmakers launch bill that would ban se... 18 hr Solarman 3
News Duke Energy Duke Energy turned N.C.'s sunny day... Wed Solarman 3
News In time left, Obama defies Trump as much as he can Wed The Real Donald T... 2
News Green Energy Scandal Brings Down Entire Government Tue Solarman 2
More from around the web