Expert: We must act fast on warming

Expert: We must act fast on warming

There are 28470 comments on the Kansas.com story from Sep 24, 2008, titled Expert: We must act fast on warming. In it, Kansas.com reports that:

Droughts, melting ice caps and glaciers, rising sea levels and mass extinctions will all be a reality unless the U.S. and the world cut back on carbon emissions dramatically, said James Hansen, director of ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Kansas.com.

“I'm Hillary's Deplorable”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#26934 May 12, 2013
Another week without an experimental test of climate change mitigation; that's how you can tell it's a hoax.

Don't buy a pig in a poke.

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain retreat, SE Spain

#26935 May 13, 2013
This thread was started in Sep 2008.
Almost 5 years later, acting fast is still a long way from reality.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#26936 May 19, 2013
Earthling-1 wrote:
Wouldn't you know it! Earthling posts on the thread and it dies.....

Home, sweet home.

#26937 May 20, 2013
Dead because nobody wants to act in haste. Do nothing if you have no experiments testing climate change mitigation, use common sense.

Don't buy a pig in a poke.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#26938 May 20, 2013
If only Brian G was capable of common sense. (shrug)
SpaceBlues

United States

#26941 May 24, 2013
Violent Tornadoes (F4/EF4/F5/EF5) in Oklahoma (1950-Present)

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/oun/...
Dont drink the koolaid

Minneapolis, MN

#26942 May 25, 2013
Tom D wrote:
I for one, am very content with global warming, and the results that it has brought.
I remember two years ago, right in my driveway, I was changing the brakes on my daughters car.
It was about 6pm, and the wind chill factor was 24 degrees below zero. I could only stay outside for about 15 minutes at a time.
Seriously, if it hadn't been for global warming I can't even imagine just how much colder it would have been. RESULTS: GOOD
I remember most of this year feeling colder then usual. What sense did it make that we were in August and it was very cool in the evening. Some evenings you needed a sweater, or long sleeve shirt. We didn't have the stiffling heat we usually have. RESULTS: GOOD

Now, mark my words, I predict, some lame-brain will make some ridiculuous comment, that it is due to global warming why it was soooooooo cool this spring and summer.

I had a job to do at the EPA in Kansas City, Ks. 2 years ago. You have to go through security, and after I did, the guard stopped me and said, "you forgot your coat."
There were several people near-by, so I thanked him because it was very cold outside.
I told him that I thank God every morning for global warming, because I can't even imagine just how cold it would be otherwise.
His answer to me was,(ARE YOU READY?)
"It's because of global warming that you are freezing."
Laughingly I said, "are you nuts?"
Very seriously he repied, "It's true, let me explain it to you."
I told him not to bother, anyone who thinks I would believe I am freezing because the globe is getting warmer, is an idiot.
Yes, Tom, it has been 5 years since you posted and the faithful are still claiming Man is causing all this cold weather... Only they found less people laughed when the evil is called "Climate Change".
SpaceBlues

United States

#26943 May 25, 2013
"Our research revealed warming of the planet can be clearly detected since 1873 and that our oceans continue to absorb the great majority of this heat," said researcher and lead author Will Hobbs of the University of Tasmania's Institute for Marine and Antarctic Studies and the Australian Research Council's Centre of Excellence for Climate System Science. "Currently, scientists estimate the oceans absorb more than 90 percent of the heat trapped by greenhouse gases, and we attribute the global warming to anthropogenic (human-produced) causes."

P.S. Koolaid is drinking again.
Dont drink the koolaid

Minneapolis, MN

#26944 May 25, 2013
It can only be imagined how awfully cold it would be if it was not for AGW,
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#26946 May 25, 2013
Earthling-1 wrote:
We know you're not gonna act fast.

We know you're hoping your laxative does its magic fast.

dirtling, the oldest oil company employee among us....
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#26947 May 25, 2013
Dont drink the koolaid wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Tom, it has been 5 years since you posted and the faithful are still claiming Man is causing all this cold weather... Only they found less people laughed when the evil is called "Climate Change".
That's "fewer" people, you grammar and mathematical idiot.

Lesser people would be people 3 feet tall. Did you mean 3-foot-tall people, or did you mean LESS of a number? One is amount, the other is quantity.

Your not so secret secret is that you can't read, and so it's no wonder that you can't understand the science. You don't know the difference AMONG(between) their, they're, and there, or rain, rein, or reign. Or yore, you're, and your.

Mississippi is a very literary state, if not literate. We have our stars. We learn the English language before we take our liberties with it, but we know it. You need to learn to read, and then you might accept what the scientific LiTERATURE says.
Dont drink the koolaid

Eden Prairie, MN

#26949 May 25, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's "fewer" people, you grammar and mathematical idiot.
Lesser people would be people 3 feet tall. Did you mean 3-foot-tall people, or did you mean LESS of a number? One is amount, the other is quantity.
Your not so secret secret is that you can't read, and so it's no wonder that you can't understand the science. You don't know the difference AMONG(between) their, they're, and there, or rain, rein, or reign. Or yore, you're, and your.
Mississippi is a very literary state, if not literate. We have our stars. We learn the English language before we take our liberties with it, but we know it. You need to learn to read, and then you might accept what the scientific LiTERATURE says.
Touché
I bow to the gentleman from Gay Springs... oh wait (or perhaps I should say "weight") if it is all the same to all you "pig pokers" out there, may I simply tip my hat ;-)

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#26950 May 26, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
We know you're not gonna act fast.
We know you're hoping your laxative does its magic fast.
dirtling, the oldest oil company employee among us....
The old feller's Depends get in a knot and he gets grouchy. It too will pass.
SpaceBlues

United States

#26952 Jun 4, 2013
Experts know "human causes — primarily the burning of fossil fuels and the subsequent increase in atmospheric CO2 levels — are responsible for global warming."

We must act fast on global warming.
SpaceBlues

United States

#26953 Jun 4, 2013
KitemanSA wrote:
<quoted text> Maybe because they feel your kind have found yet another unproven scam to steal their hard earned money for ineffective, power concentrating schemes.
LOL. You are again talking to yourself.
SpaceBlues

United States

#26954 Jun 4, 2013
The Dude wrote:
If only Brian G was capable of common sense.(shrug)
Because -
SpaceBlues wrote:
Deniers rely on broken records. They also hide until the coast is clear.
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
lyin' brian is a broken record.
There's no experimental evidence... a cold can of soda will release more CO2 as it warms... each additional molecule of CO2 has less effect than the previous...crackle... There's no experimental evidence... a cold can of soda will release more CO2 as it warms... each additional molecule of CO2 has less effect than the previous...crackle... There's no experimental evidence... a cold can of soda will release more CO2 as it warms... each additional molecule of CO2 has less effect than the previous...crackle... There's no experimental evidence... a cold can of soda will release more CO2 as it warms... each additional molecule of CO2 has less effect than the previous...crackle... There's no experimental evidence... a cold can of soda will release more CO2 as it warms... each additional molecule of CO2 has less effect than the previous...crackle...
Marked down.

Home, sweet home.

#26955 Jun 5, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
Experts know "human causes — primarily the burning of fossil fuels and the subsequent increase in atmospheric CO2 levels — are responsible for global warming." We must act fast on global warming.
We don't agree. I'm curious; what's stopping you from acting fast on global warming? Did you get a sprain?
SpaceBlues

United States

#26956 Jun 5, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>We don't agree. I'm curious; what's stopping you from acting fast on global warming? Did you get a sprain?
Who's we?

No logic, no science, why are you publishing lies to the world for years and years?

The people know fossil fuels and their combustion products are toxic, carcinogenic, and radioactive. But you don't accept the truth due to your greed.

Home, sweet home.

#26957 Jun 5, 2013
Not CO2, it's vital for life as we know it. Atmospheric levels of carbon dioxide are neither toxic,carcinogenic nor radioactive. SpaceBlues is confused. Without CO2, we'd all die.
SpaceBlues

United States

#26958 Jun 5, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Not CO2, it's vital for life as we know it. Atmospheric levels of carbon dioxide are neither toxic,carcinogenic nor radioactive. SpaceBlues is confused. Without CO2, we'd all die.
Fossil fuels and their combustion products that you love so much are toxic, carcinogenic, and radioactive.

The nature does not direct humanity to burn what is underground and instigate a man-made extinction, which is underway as we speak.

No logic, no science, you lie and lie to the world. You have been a traitor for a long time.

Why don't you live in a roomful of smoke to prove that you'd "die without CO2?"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Renewable Energy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Coming to a Town Near You: The Great Green Ener... 3 hr Solarman 1
News Study: Hillary's Solar Panels Would Cost Taxpay... 3 hr Solarman 1
News Duke Energy expands solar energy in Flor 21 hr Solarman 1
News After Fukushima, Japan turns to geothermal powe... Sep 28 BDV 3
News Here's how much of the US would need to be cove... Sep 26 Solarman 1
News Florida: Sunshine, Solar Power, and Shenanigans Sep 25 Solarman 1
News JCS Investment launches solar kiosks in Ghana Sep 25 Solarman 1
More from around the web