Expert: We must act fast on warming

Expert: We must act fast on warming

There are 28308 comments on the Kansas.com story from Sep 24, 2008, titled Expert: We must act fast on warming. In it, Kansas.com reports that:

Droughts, melting ice caps and glaciers, rising sea levels and mass extinctions will all be a reality unless the U.S. and the world cut back on carbon emissions dramatically, said James Hansen, director of ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Kansas.com.

SoE

Rozet, WY

#26612 Mar 18, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>LOL. tina as usual.
... from time to time it seems that Tina may have a minor problem connecting relationships ?
Perhaps it's a matter of her thinking outside of the corral again?

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#26613 Mar 18, 2013
SoE wrote:
.......... I'm willing to learn, please cite the most compelling scientific experiment you've found for no climate change mitigation...
I've cited lab experiments that show 'climate' sensitivity to CO2 is far lower than the IPCC's most benign estimates. That's why the IPCC hypes there climate scenarios with feedback.

SoE wrote:
technological capability will always outlast hype... Those that wish to initiate a cleaner environment will always win in the end ..if they are still here...
Nobody wants a dirtier environment but CO2 isn't dirty, smelly or visible. Let's work on real environmental problems, not fake ones.

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#26614 Mar 18, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I've cited lab experiments that show 'climate' sensitivity to CO2 is far lower than the IPCC's most benign estimates. That's why the IPCC hypes there climate scenarios with feedback.
No, the IPCC estimates have feedback, that's why they are higher.

Feedbacks are an observable fact.
Who

Wyoming, MI

#26615 Mar 19, 2013
PHD

Overton, TX

#26616 Mar 20, 2013
SoE wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm assuming,hopefully, that few wonder where you've acquired yours..
Stumpford (?)
You do keep us "intertained" with your polished comic relief :-)
as you well know as a (PHD?) grinding out a dissertation can,at
times, be a tedious process,often to the point of boredom,and a science related bit of your humor tends to lighten the load...
You’re a person of many words. Are you trying to impress your---self? Maybe your sentence structure and spelling need to be checked? Well actually you the spacedoutblues and the "pinheadlitesout" are free entertainment. Please continue to post your scientific science fiction someday they well make another movie and you three could be the cast of a thousand.

Since: Mar 09

Parsons, KS

#26617 Mar 20, 2013
Chinese solar panel factory declares bankruptcy. Reasons include overproduction and loss of sales due to reaction by other countries because of dumping. One of the reasons that domestic solar companies have had such a difficult time.

http://www.smartplanet.com/blog/bulletin/worl...

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#26618 Mar 21, 2013
Fair Game wrote:
No, the IPCC estimates have feedback, that's why they are higher. Feedbacks are an observable fact.
Can you cite any experimental evidence for feedback from man made changes in the atmosphere?

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#26619 Mar 21, 2013
scary
SoE

Rozet, WY

#26620 Mar 21, 2013
PHD wrote:
<quoted text>You’re a person of many words. Are you trying to impress your---self? Maybe your sentence structure and spelling need to be checked? Well actually you the spacedoutblues and the "pinheadlitesout" are free entertainment. Please continue to post your scientific science fiction someday they well make another movie and you three could be the cast of a thousand.
I will leave the english usage review to you if you wish.
The scientific content review of your posts i will leave to Litesong...
SoE

Rozet, WY

#26621 Mar 21, 2013
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
Chinese solar panel factory declares bankruptcy. Reasons include overproduction and loss of sales due to reaction by other countries because of dumping. One of the reasons that domestic solar companies have had such a difficult time.
http://www.smartplanet.com/blog/bulletin/worl...
It's my belief the major problem with solar is the energy conversion rate....it will come as technology progresses...
SoE

Rozet, WY

#26622 Mar 21, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Can you cite any experimental evidence for feedback from man made changes in the atmosphere?
It obviously may be difficult to explain some of the relationships
to someone that believes caps lock cause climate change...
I would wonder if the physics may be different in Germany or perhaps a BP representative/stockholder front man...
PHD

Overton, TX

#26623 Mar 21, 2013
SoE wrote:
<quoted text>
I will leave the english usage review to you if you wish.
The scientific content review of your posts i will leave to Litesong...
Thanks, but that would render you useless. As to the "pinheadlitesout" you stand corrected it only applies scientific science fiction cut and paste useless babble. Did you know that the "pinheadlitesout" suffered a terrible car crash and never got a check up from the neck up? The "pinheadlitesout boasted how well the car did in that terrible car crash but failed to understand its head damage it received. Now go ahead and put your faith in the “pinheadlitesout but I must caution you.
SoE

Rozet, WY

#26624 Mar 21, 2013
hahaha...What you dolt know regarding science is truly amazing :-)
SoE

Rozet, WY

#26625 Mar 21, 2013
I,ve noticed none have suggested you have a check up from the neck up for obvious reasons...
SoE

Rozet, WY

#26626 Mar 21, 2013
PHD wrote:
<quoted text> you stand corrected
Are you serious ?....LMAO
If that was your intent....I haven't

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#26627 Mar 21, 2013
SoE wrote:
It obviously may be difficult to explain some of the relationships to someone that believes caps lock cause climate change... I would wonder if the physics may be different in Germany or perhaps a BP representative/stockholder front man...
I'm glad you mentioned British Petroleum, I hold stock.
PHD

Overton, TX

#26628 Mar 22, 2013
SoE wrote:
I,ve noticed none have suggested you have a check up from the neck up for obvious reasons...
Yes, unlike your----self which sould be required before it is allowed to post any useless babble. Now team up with the"pinheadliteout" you may get a discount. Same ole ebaum (AKA SoE)
SoE

Montpelier, ND

#26629 Mar 22, 2013
PHD wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, unlike your----self which sould be required before it is allowed to post any useless babble. Now team up with the"pinheadliteout" you may get a discount. Same ole ebaum (AKA SoE)
Projection
sould=should...consider my offer rescinded..
I am a man of many words?...you are a person of few ideas..
Movies ? considering you mentioned that and that area may be of interest to you ..you may wish to tryout for a leading role in I Clodius
What is your core interest area of science ?
You may askif it may have an effect on globa litesong a question regarding astronomy/astrophysics and how or l warmings ?
SoE

Montpelier, ND

#26630 Mar 22, 2013
Sorry copy program glitch
You may ask litesong a question in the field of astronomy/astrophysics and how that field may apply to the issue of global warming...
The garbled text seems to happen when topix goes into the review mode...
litesong

Everett, WA

#26631 Mar 22, 2013
SoE wrote:
You may ask litesong a question in the field of astronomy/astrophysics and how that field may apply to the issue of global warming...
'fetid feces face flip flopper fiend' can't ask a proper scientific question because it never had science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra or pre-calc in its poorly earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa. Of course,'fetid feces face flip flopper fiend' never had any other science or mathematics training.

At least,'brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver' tried math calculations, tho only a few attempts ended in errors of 1 million TIMES, 1000 TIMES, 3000 TIMES & 73 million TIMES.'fetid feces face flip flopper fiend' has never attempted math calculations, which prove that its proficiency in math is worse than that of 'brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver'.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Renewable Energy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hillary Clinton is promising that all homes wil... 16 min Denny CranesPlace 138
News President Obamaa s Clean Power Plan gains suppo... 1 hr Go Blue Forever 4
News Obama to unveil more ambitious climate change plan 19 hr Black Annie 5
News How battery-powered homes are unplugging Australia Jul 31 Solarman 1
News More solar panels are going on rooftops, but mo... Jul 29 Solarman 1
News XsunX Added to Prominent Clean Energy Finance C... Jul 29 solari 3
News Sunseeker Energy Holding AG and Nations Roof Pl... (Sep '09) Jul 28 amed20 85
More from around the web