Expert: We must act fast on warming

Expert: We must act fast on warming

There are 28335 comments on the Kansas.com story from Sep 24, 2008, titled Expert: We must act fast on warming. In it, Kansas.com reports that:

Droughts, melting ice caps and glaciers, rising sea levels and mass extinctions will all be a reality unless the U.S. and the world cut back on carbon emissions dramatically, said James Hansen, director of ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Kansas.com.

Since: Mar 09

San Antonio, TX

#26462 Feb 3, 2013
PHD wrote:
<quoted text>Youngster, I have neckties older than you could be. I will take that as a complement. Thanks.
He was probably referring to your mental age, not necessarily your chronological age.
SoE

Rozet, WY

#26463 Feb 3, 2013
PHD wrote:
<quoted text>Relevant but not exact. They do follow scientific relationships but they are in error. So they are scientific science fiction until the next group will theorize another scientific science fiction error. Well maybe you’re a Trekkie.
What would you consider exact ? Perhaps a mathematical equation that proves some form of a generalized grand unification ?
(and if provided would you understand)
Trekkie? Isn't that the group that includes the Bog?(or what ever)
Yes, relating to your posts" understanding is futile!", something along those lines ?
I don't have a lot of time that can be devoted to television...
SoE

Rozet, WY

#26464 Feb 3, 2013
PHD wrote:
<quoted text>Youngster, I have neckties older than you could be. I will take that as a complement. Thanks.
You could be fibbing....
Perhaps if you were to say something old.....
SoE

Rozet, WY

#26465 Feb 3, 2013

The fact you have neckties that may be older than i am doesn't mean you are as old as the ties ?
SoE

Rozet, WY

#26466 Feb 3, 2013
PHD
Well again, that makes me two up above you. Just out of curiosity, are you that low that the roaches go wee wee on you? I bet you are.
Wall un alla ma born days i ain't never herda no PhD present in that there fashion such as your self has...
wha ya done made the hole holler blush...
PHD

Overton, TX

#26467 Feb 4, 2013
SoE wrote:
PHD
Well again, that makes me two up above you. Just out of curiosity, are you that low that the roaches go wee wee on you? I bet you are.
Wall un alla ma born days i ain't never herda no PhD present in that there fashion such as your self has...
wha ya done made the hole holler blush...
You’re trying to run like a trapped rodent. You display what is commonly known as the rodent effect. See what happens when you forget to use spell and grammar check the real you comes out. No you’re so low they haven't discovered a number to count just how low you are. Maybe you should watch more TV to improve your mental disability.
SoE

Rozet, WY

#26468 Feb 4, 2013
PHD wrote:
<quoted text>You’re trying to run like a trapped rodent. You display what is commonly known as the rodent effect. See what happens when you forget to use spell and grammar check the real you comes out. No you’re so low they haven't discovered a number to count just how low you are..
No you’re so low they haven't discovered a number to count just how low you are..
Incorrect...I'm at about 3.6to3.8 thousand feet.
See what happens when you forget to use spell and grammar check the real you comes out
Wouldn't that be one of your self generated ASSumptions ?
You’re trying to run like a trapped rodent. You display what is commonly known as the rodent effect
Really?...common ?...your PHD must be in psychology ?
gosh, i wasn't aware i am trapped...or a rodent..Biology?
PHD

Overton, TX

#26469 Feb 4, 2013
SoE wrote:
<quoted text>
No you’re so low they haven't discovered a number to count just how low you are..
Incorrect...I'm at about 3.6to3.8 thousand feet.
See what happens when you forget to use spell and grammar check the real you comes out
Wouldn't that be one of your self generated ASSumptions ?
You’re trying to run like a trapped rodent. You display what is commonly known as the rodent effect
Really?...common ?...your PHD must be in psychology ?
gosh, i wasn't aware i am trapped...or a rodent..Biology?
So you have nothing!! So wake up and smell the rodent dung. No there hasn't been a negative number to date that would describe your mental capacity. ASSumption would be on your part forgotten already?
SoE

Rozet, WY

#26471 Feb 4, 2013

Well, i guess I'll have to have you reacquaint the thread with REAL..REAL..science eh....
hahaha
PHD

Overton, TX

#26472 Feb 4, 2013
SoE wrote:
Well, i guess I'll have to have you reacquaint the thread with REAL..REAL..science eh....
hahaha
So you have nothing but an empty chair.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#26473 Feb 4, 2013
If you believe in man made global climate change leading to catastrophe; I'm your worst nightmare. I invent greenhouse gas as a hobby, emit CO2 like it's nobody's business and love using and producing energy and fuel.

I advocate growth and prosperity. McMansions for everyone! Live for today and conserve when you're dead.

Since: Jan 13

Fairfax, VA

#26474 Feb 4, 2013
PHD wrote:
<quoted text>So you have nothing but an empty chair.
Right wingers are the ones who employ the use of empty chairs --
Remember?

Fairfax, VA

#26475 Feb 4, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
If you believe in man made global climate change leading to catastrophe; I'm your worst nightmare. I invent greenhouse gas as a hobby, emit CO2 like it's nobody's business and love using and producing energy and fuel.
I advocate growth and prosperity. McMansions for everyone! Live for today and conserve when you're dead.
Then you will be morally responsible for tomorrow's disasters. Make sure your children know you laughed at the idea of stewardship --
i.e., scoffed at the idea they should inherit a planet that wouldn't cost them a fortune to try and fix the pollution.
SoE

Rozet, WY

#26476 Feb 4, 2013
PHD wrote:
<quoted text>So you have nothing!! So wake up and smell the rodent dung. No there hasn't been a negative number to date that would describe your mental capacity. ASSumption would be on your part forgotten already?
So wake up and smell the rodent dung.
Ah,..a bit more like i would expect of your PHD
No there hasn't been a negative number to date that would describe "any" capacity.
I find that unbelieveable..however tedious
Call me when anything remotely resembling physical science ambles
around...:-)

Fairfax, VA

#26477 Feb 4, 2013
SoE wrote:
<quoted text>
So wake up and smell the rodent dung.
Ah,..a bit more like i would expect of your PHD
I don't think there is ANY degree there, maybe not even a high school degree.

I think her initials are Penny HD.

--Like Penny Henrietta Doofus.
or it could stand for Penny hates Democrats or Pinney hates Democracy.
SoE

Rozet, WY

#26478 Feb 4, 2013
PHD wrote:
<quoted text>So you have nothing but an empty chair.
No
I posted that as a platform to demonstrate,in more than one fashion,what is "really really" empty...
again call me when anything like 'real real" science saunters by..
Perhaps we will all end up on a thread discussing Einstein and his need to insert the C constant...ya reckon?
SoE

Rozet, WY

#26479 Feb 4, 2013
Wallop10 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think there is ANY degree there, maybe not even a high school degree.
I think her initials are Penny HD.
--Like Penny Henrietta Doofus.
or it could stand for Penny hates Democrats or Pinney hates Democracy.
Hahaha
I will assume ,if she will consent,the probability is quite high+
You know her position regarding assumptions..:-)
SoE

Rozet, WY

#26480 Feb 4, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
In the year 9595
if your decendents are still alive
you may have reduced to oil
causing them less toil
and thankful they will be...
One thing i will credit you for is your unabashed and non-evasive posted position...
I ,of course, don't agree for reasons to numerous to list..but that's another story...
PHD

Overton, TX

#26481 Feb 4, 2013
SoE wrote:
<quoted text>
No
I posted that as a platform to demonstrate,in more than one fashion,what is "really really" empty...
again call me when anything like 'real real" science saunters by..
Perhaps we will all end up on a thread discussing Einstein and his need to insert the C constant...ya reckon?
Perhaps, he was in error as well.
PHD

Overton, TX

#26482 Feb 4, 2013
SoE wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahaha
I will assume ,if she will consent,the probability is quite high+
You know her position regarding assumptions..:-)
You and the wallop10 AKA walloped again and again made another ASSumption of your ----self. I never mentioned my gender.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Renewable Energy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Obama to appear at 8th clean energy summit in L... 7 hr Solarman 3
News Scott Walker's Record on Wind and Solar Power L... 18 hr Solarman 3
News Florida Supreme Court weighs solar energy ballo... Wed Solarman 1
News Solar power push heads back to court Aug 31 Solarman 1
News Oregon, Brown take steps toward securing $47M-p... Aug 31 irene 1
News Brown seeks to broaden California's clean-energ... Aug 30 Solarman 1
News Renewable Energy Doing So Well That Subsidies C... Aug 30 Solarman 1
More from around the web