Republican Heroes of Renewable Energy

Oct 1, 2012 Full story: Triple Pundit

The defaulting of Fremont-based solar company Solyndra, Inc. on a government-guaranteed loan has been beaten like a dead horse by Republican Congressional leadership this fall in the runup to the 2012 presidential elections.

Full Story
Solarman

La Quinta, CA

#1 Oct 1, 2012
Solyndra was not a failure of the technology per se. It is an indictment of the Management of Solyndra and OUR Government's lack of responsibility to determine that the business model of Solyndra was indeed strong enough to go head to head with current technology. The Government certainly has the ability to look at a company's business model to effectively determine the amount of risk through tax payer money should be offered. I'm sure the GAO could have done this task quite effectively.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Renewable Energy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Expert: We must act fast on warming (Sep '08) 3 hr Brian_G 27,952
Frustrated by vandals, thieves WPEC seeks commu... (May '11) 11 hr Annual Winter Sol... 13
Australian scientists announce solar energy bre... Mon Gavin62 10
Here's what appraisers need to know about solar... Dec 14 Soalrman 9
Washington's Central Bank delegation views MOW'... Dec 13 MOMIN ANSARI 2
NCWARN runs ad criticizing Duke Energy's approa... Dec 13 Solarman 1
Energy chief: Be mindful of customers' investme... Dec 13 Solarman 1